Tri-Nation Tournament in Bangladesh - 3rd Match - Bangladesh v Sri Lanka

Genghis

Test Debutant
Runs
OK another tournament going on with little interest in another corner of the world.

Bangladesh need to win this one or else the final will be Zim Vs SL. SL looking to flex their muscle before their important series to Pakistan.

Match reduced to 31 overs each due to fog. Bangladesh win the toss and elected to field.

Last edited:
mashrafe on fire ... gets another one ... SL 2/4 now in the 3rd over

SL must be feeling empty playing two minnows. Since it is a shortened game BD has an outside chance.

Rubel Hossain one of the fastest bowlers in the U-19 World Cup in Malaysia, is making his debut today. And he surprises Jawardene with a bouncer.

The pressure built up by Shakib and Naeem has paid off. Jayawardene gone!

Banladeshs batting always tends to let them down, i wouldnt bet against them folding under pressure again!

147 all out 30.3 overs (31)

Mortaza 3 for 25 off 7
Rubel 4 for 33 off 5.3 (debut)

bangladesh require 148 off 31 = 4.77

Stupid running. 1 down. Siddique should beat the living crap out of his partner there!!!

Bang 0/1

they require to win thisa one in the 21st over in order to secure a bonus point.

Only chance they have is to "go for leather from ball 1", in so doing they would be able to spend more time looking to the 2 m's!!!

Bangladesh like to play gun Ho reckless cricket so chasing this in 21 overs could be done!

11/3 off 3.4. Another DUMB runout!!!

45/3 off 8 (Sri Lanka 40/2 after 8)

require a further 103 at 4.48

Mendis to bowl his 1st over (over 9 of the match)

HuZi said:
Keith Where Can I Watch It Any Linkss Please?????

Apologies mate. I have satellite!!

47/3 off 9

Mendis 1st over - 2runs, 1 appeal for LBW, turned down , pitched outside leg.

59/3 off 10 (12 runs off tha)t over

1 x 4, 1 x six

63/3 off 11

Partnership 52 off 41

Mendis 2nd over - not looking threatening, no turn.

Need 85 off 13.1 for bonus point

68/3 off 12 (SRI 56 for 2)

Murali bowling now as well

Shakib 42off 31
Ashraful 11 off 20

:O 412 from 31 ;) joking you ment 42 i gues i live in holland ( europe ) i got Satelite aswell but I dopn't got a channel where I can watch it do you now any channel??

72/3 off 13

Mendis 3rd over - lbw shout, pitched outside leg, no turn.

76 off 11.1 for bonus point

77/3 off 14

2 premier spinners struggling a little (both have bowled wides)

Shakib 46* off 39

partnership 66 of 61

SRI LANKA :))) :)))

awesome, great going BD

81/3 off 15

Shakib 48 off 42

Bowlers can bowl max of 7 overs

84/3 off 16

Shakib 50 off 45 (10 odi 50)

Drinks

SL as struggled in alost every match they have played against ZIM recently , if bangla pull this off it wont be a big surprise for me !

92/3 off 17 overs

56 in 7.5 overs for bonus point

Mendis not looking very threatening at all. Batters playing both him and murali "comfortably".

102/4 off 19

46 off 35 required for bonus point

Ashraful out caught (boundary) pulling a short 1.

126/4 off 21

Last powerplay (batting) now (2 overs)

22 off 23 for bonus point

mendis back

Hahahahahhahaha. These guys aren't gonna tour Pakistan now.

Damn wicket. 126/5. They need 22 to win. Can still be a collapse only Bangladesh can produce./

Bangladesh are going to win with the bonus point :91:

Sri Lanka are an average outfit. Their batting strategy is to hope that Jayasuria makes a big one, or else they are pretty much all out of form and struggling. Their bowling strategy is to have two 130kph seamers take the pace of the ball, and then hope against hope, that Murali can contain and Mendis can take wickets. Mendis will always take wickets, but Murali is not the bowler he once was, and then they have nothing at all to fall back on.

126/5 off 22

mendis strikes, caught by murali

21 from 17 required for bonus point

Their new ball bowlers are Thushara and Kulasekera.

Nuff said, really.

Easa said:
Bangladesh are going to win with the bonus point :91:

Sri Lanka are an average outfit. Their batting strategy is to hope that Jayasuria makes a big one, or else they are pretty much all out of form and struggling. Their bowling strategy is to have two 130kph seamers take the pace of the ball, and then hope against hope, that Murali can contain and Mendis can take wickets. Mendis will always take wickets, but Murali is not the bowler he once was, and then they have nothing at all to fall back on.

3-0. :afridi

Sakib is in line for a 100 if he gets the remaining runs required.

137/5 off 23

Shakib 89 from 67

11 off 11 for bonus point

Shakib playing a gem. Has played some audacious strokes of Murali.

Game of his life, everything going right.

what a innings by shakib man great shots and a strike rate 2 just nice he should keep the good work up man he's just THA MAN For the bangladeshis

151/5 off 23.4

won with bonus point - final time

shakib 92* off 69

BD WIN!

Everyone chant after me!

Shakib ul-Hasaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan

Shakib-ul-Hasaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan

:127:

Hope you guys enjoyed my updates!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Easa said:
BD WIN!

Everyone chant after me!

Shakib ul-Hasaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan

Shakib-ul-Hasaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan

Nay Easa ! Bdchamp made an audacious claim of his talent surpassing that of the mule-ox. So I shall chant ..

BANGLADESHHHHHHHHHHHHHH !

Well done Bangladesh... lets hope they can pull off another shock in the final!

Amjid Javed said:
Well done Bangladesh... lets hope they can pull off another shock in the final!

Its Zimbabwe though. Not much of a shock if they beat them.

So who are bangla playing in final SL or zimbos?

It really was his confidence that got them through in the end. He took on two of the best spinners in the world and played the shots without any fear and it definitely paid off in the end. It is knocks like these that separate ordinary cricketers from good/great ones.

BD went through final by getting bonus point + win, so BD is palying Final with Srilanka.

Last edited:
checkers.llvllaster said:
Well played by Shakib...it's funny BD have played Mendis best :)

compare to ohter team for some reason we play Mendis with less respect and he find difficult to haul wickets against us.

I can easily it is the best innings by any of BD batsman played in the career.Murali and Mendis looked very ordinary today

Shaan said:
compare to ohter team for some reason we play Mendis with less respect and he find difficult to haul wickets against us.

we've proven quite handily that we're the most manic team in cricket. getting crushed by zimbabwe (who albeit challenged SL some weeks ago) and then crushing SL (who are less than average when u take just 3-4 players away).

one of the reasons is that we don't pay respect in due proportions. any tom dick and harry bowler can take a 5-fer against us, not because they're any good, but because we have guys who will try to blast them for consecutive boundaries against the advice of the RRR.

then occaisionally u get the time when we pay too much respect to a bowler and let them get on top of us. its one thing to be cautious against the best bowlers in the word, quite another to blast them apart or to play them with fear.

but what would we do without sakib??? this guy has single-handedly dominated our team like no other, at least in recent memory.

wadrib said:
I can easily it is the best innings by any of BD batsman played in the career.Murali and Mendis looked very ordinary today

i agree, though i had to think about it vs ashraful's 94 off 52 against flintoff and company back in 2005.

Srilankan batting has become so horrible that zimbabwe almost pulled off a win recently. Usually they simply crush minnows in one dayers with Jaya at the top. I suppose that is what going to happen in the final.

Really disappointing performance from SL but brilliance from the Bangladeshi bowlers and then Shakib. Didn't get to see the match but can't wait to watch in on youtube or here soon. :D

Congratulations Bangladesh! Well deserved victory.

Shakib said he just played the balls according to its merit. The ones needed to be blasted he tried his best to do that. The ones needed to be defended he did that with good footwork. I hope he continues this attitude in the coming matches.

Bangladesh seem to have [comparatively] little trouble with Mendis, according to the scorecards.

Maybe he just has something personal against the Indians. I like.

Back