Unlucky Rahat Ali

The intelligent Supporter

Local Club Captain
Runs
The poor guy has bowled most no, of good balls in this match, some of them real peaches :lee but really unlucky to not get a wicket and has bowler consistently and with ace...beating the bat number of times...but real sad to see analysts on Tv say that he is looking OUT OF TOUCH..I THINK WE SHOULD COMPLETELY WATCH THE GAME FIRST THEN JUDGE A BOWLER...?

Yeah he has been unlucky. should get the next game. Our analysts have no clue whatsoever.,

I actually watched the match and I agree that he bowled extremely well but without much success whereas other bowlers have gotten some cheap wickets thanks to Srilanka throwing their bats un-necessarily in the first innings.

There is a reason why cricket is called a cruel game. Even a batsman playing a quality stroke can get out, such is the sport

He doesn't know the art of taking wickets.

Then u should probably teach him:akhtar

He beats the bat ....hurries the batsman..does not give loose balls ..has bowled 7 maidens with economy less than 2.50 and almost ten times beaten outside edge by a whisker...

I dont think there is some other art..if so please teach us

he has been a tad unlucky but 5 wickets is pushing it. He has generally bowled back of alength when other seamers have got wickets by pitching it up !

yeah a couple max he's a Allan Mullaly, Ryan Sidebottom type lefty who looks unlucky but the main reason they don't pick many wickets is their length is back of a length.

Yeah has bowled well without picking any wicket in the match ! Should be given more games.

Then u should probably teach him:akhtar

He beats the bat ....hurries the batsman..does not give loose balls ..has bowled 7 maidens with economy less than 2.50 and almost ten times beaten outside edge by a whisker...

I dont think there is some other art..if so please teach us

I'm sorry seems I've touched a nerve. I don't believe in luck, plays and misses count for nothing. It's the wickets column that are important and I'm afraid Rahat is yet to take one this game. He's been economical which is great for an ODI but in test matches u need wickets.

hes just working the angle as a left arm bowler, not getting the bowl to come back in (right handers). If the batsmen play him right, hell go the entire match wicket less.

Not a test class bowler for me, may be talha should be given a chance.

I reckon at times bowlers who ball back of a length tend to appear slightly unlucky as the movement from that length can be extravagant and create a play and a miss but bowling slightly fuller can generate an edge.

Broad and Ishant Sharma at times appear to be doing the same, Even Amir at the start of his career I can remember him bowling slightly shorter but doing well without the rewards. He pitched it a lot fuller in the England series and got the wickets.

On the point of the ball evading fielders etc. I don't but any of that, bowlers are entitled to set their own fields and therefore him not having slips in place is his own fault and not one of anyone else.

I think this kid rahat ali in near future will give competition to ishant sharma The Ultimate Champion Of Blunder Bowling,The King Of Wicket Less Bowling or at least give run for his life.

Sent from my GT-I9082 using Tapatalk

I dont know why his floaty inswing excites people , it is straight from the hand , has a very innocuous action, , australia dont play mitchell stark who also swings it in but is twice as good as rahat with ball , bat and in the firld .sorry he isnt unlucky , just not ready for top flight cricket atm , he had a poor first class season too while his partner sadaf has picked loads of wickets , might as well give him a go .he might pick up wickets but his body language is poor and his bowling reminds me of rp singh and thats depressing.

Last edited:
I think this kid rahat ali in near future will give competition to ishant sharma The Ultimate Champion Of Blunder Bowling,The King Of Wicket Less Bowling or at least give run for his life.

Nah. We have good bowlers to replace him if he remains unlucky for 3-4 games :talha

He's an average, second rate workhorse of a bowler. Nothing special.

I'm sorry seems I've touched a nerve. I don't believe in luck, plays and misses count for nothing. It's the wickets column that are important and I'm afraid Rahat is yet to take one this game. He's been economical which is great for an ODI but in test matches u need wickets.

Please watch Some of Rahats Spells on TV and please watch the match and then I will reason with you..Wickets column fills in by some luck on your side too.

No I am sorry but Pakistan does not produces ISHANTS:razzaq

hes just working the angle as a left arm bowler, not getting the bowl to come back in (right handers). If the batsmen play him right, hell go the entire match wicket less.

Not a test class bowler for me, may be talha should be given a chance.

By your logic Ajmal is also rubbish Bowler RIGHT?..No wicket this innings..

Some unlucky moments in his bowling. The LBW, personally, i feel like i can see a very small inside edge.

there was an inside edge there. Stop being so melodramatic, the world has not conspired against him !

Some unlucky moments in his bowling. The LBW, personally, i feel like i can see a very small inside edge.

That was what probably saved him. Since umpire's call is "not-out", your 3rd umpire can only over-rule the decision if there is enough evidence to turn over-rule it.

Personally, I would have given that out, because I could not hear anything and there was no real deflection

Bowled good today, if he doesnt pick a few wickets today might see talha replace him for the next match

5 times in his Short career so far rahats failed to take a wicket in a innings

Russel Arnold @RusselArnold69
Huh...: Unpatriotically hoping this is out, because boy, has Rahat deserved a wicket today. #SLvPAK

The guy who actually watched the match agrees with me

Source..Twitter

Last edited:
get him out of the team - the last thing we need is an unlucky bolwer

It added insult to injury when the lbw was not out

You make your own luck. One can be nlucky for 5-10 overs but not the whole match. Some people don't know the art of taking wickets. Sami, Ishant are prime example who have all the talent in the world but cant think out the batsmen . Rahat has to takea hard look at himself, there is no excuse for professional cricketer to be unfit, dont know how to field or bat at all. He needs to work on himself and be more disciplined.

No point in him being in the team if he can't take wickets, get some else in.

He lacks cricketing IQ. If he knew how to set up the batsman he could have had a decent career. He is not unlucky, he is just a one dimensional robotic bowler.

It doesn't help that the pitch is as flat as a pancake. However, even then, he appears to bowl ok at best. No real pace, some swing but no real direction. The odd ball will be pitched on a good line and length but there will also be lots floating outside the off stump too wide to induce an edge. Sorry if I sound pessimistic but on 4 days evidence, I have not seen enough to suggest he will be a good bowler for Pak in the long run.

He has bowled exceptionally well but was unlucky. I think he needs to bring the ball into the batsmen more, the more inswingers he bowls will help him. He also should force the batsmen to play a shot, should bowl more seaming deliveries.

He lacks cricketing IQ. If he knew how to set up the batsman he could have had a decent career. He is not unlucky, he is just a one dimensional robotic bowler.

He set up batsmen a lot of times..But catches were spilled and ball missed bat by millimemeters a lot of times..plus bad LBW review

Might end up being another Malcolm Sami if he doesnt start taking some wickets more regularly.

Well left arm bowlers who cant hit the pads of the batsman (right handers) always need luck. You bowl a good bowl, the batsman plays and misses, the bowler has nothing. With the inswing, if the batsman misses, you have a good chance of getting him bowled/lbw.

Man I dont know but he reminds me of Sami quite too often but give him fair amount of games and his test bowling ave is 20 at the moment.

would be harsh on Rahat to drop as he did a good containing job

He's better than sami because he can hit the same line and length for 6 deliveries in a row. He was unlucky that his edges didn't carry to the slips and those that did were either dropped or left alone by jonty shezad

Why compare with Sami? Sami was a much more exciting prospect in the beginning. Too early to judge bowlers after only a few tests. On a positive side, Rahat has good seam position. I do not want to make negative comments in his early days.

Rahat has every basic ingredient ; Pace,Jaffas, natural in-swing that wasim bhai calls the most potent weapon for lefty but like his personality he lacks emotions and imagination in his bowling, he should work on figuring how to "work" batsman out.

Last edited:
Rahat has everything; Pace,Jaffas, natural in-swing that wasim bhai calls the most potent weapon for lefty but like his personality he lacks emotions and imagination in his bowling, he should work on figuring how to "work" batsman out.

In other words was Plain out of LUCK:arafat

I feel that he lacks game plan; how to out smart a batsman.

I disagree,,

I saw he banged a few short ones then landed one fuller in the pads (LBW REview one)

I also saw him working out batsman's shot..And bowl a jaffa with a bit of out swing and foxed silva but it missed edge by a Feather

So luck big time

He's got pace,bounce and swing and the stamina of a workhorse . Poor lad was just out of luck in this test . He was deserving of a 5fer the way he was bowling .

Hope luck shines on his hard-work soon .

WassiX he needs to think batters out and get fitter the guy has breasts that could make Victoria Secret Model blush

Awful, average, innocuous are some of the words to describe him.

Not a Test bowler. How people state he was unlucky when many of his deliveries are so wide the batsmen leave them and those that do miss the bat are bowled well but you make your own luck. He bowls too many loose deliveries to constitute being unlucky.

His run-up hardly makes the batsmen hold their breathe. His expression when being hit for a boundary is laughable as if he just smelt something disgusting, and to add his fielding is very bad too!

Nothing in him suggest a top performer and I think Misbah has missed a trick with including him yet again.

Last edited:
I feel that he lacks game plan; how to out smart a batsman.

He lacks something for sure. He's got a good range of delivery but with the new ball you can't keep blaming lack of wickets on bad luck. He deserved another chance after the last game but he has to take it.

He just doesn't look threatening. 2 balls on the spot and 4 wide of the batsmen, not enough to pressurise the batsmen.

He just doesn't look threatening. 2 balls on the spot and 4 wide of the batsmen, not enough to pressurise the batsmen.

I would agree with that. Without seeing the game, if that's true, it's just a waste of the new ball.

unlucky is not the word.....woeful, pathetic, cowardly, pushover etc are

He needs to think outside the box to get wickets. He just bowls and bowls without any plan. He should try some variations.

Rehman would be more attacking then Rahat. Especially last time he played in the UAE.

If he can't get wicket on these tracks, there is absolutely no place for him on this team. He is also very atrocious with the bat. Has no clue. He has so far proven to be completely useless. Unless he turns that around significantly in this game, he should be nowhere near the team.

Why do we keep persisting with mediocrity? The guy is not unlucky, he is simply not bowling wicket-taking deliveries. Replace him with Talha for next game. This game is half lost.

Back