USA (159/3) & (18/1) defeat Pakistan (159/7) & (13/1) by 5 runs in a super over thriller to cause the first major upset of the ICC T20 World Cup 2024

Nice looking shot from Shaheen Shah for 6.
Shot reminds me somewhat of Abdul Razzaq . Not the greatest at the short ball but when it's right up in his slot, bye bye ball!

160 to defend. I would normally say this is easily defendable considering the pedigree of the pace bowling attack, but I will just wait and watch.

Recovered well. Pakistan. 160 is the bare minimum. Now on to the bowlers like always to show their best display.

Batting ratings given the match situation contribution and and position

Rizwan 1/10
Babar 5/10
Usman 0/10
Fakhar 2/10
Shadab 9/10
Azam 0/10
Ifti 4/10
Shaheen 8/10

conditions are much better for batting as the overs went on, sun came out and ball become old. should be an easy chase for USA given they chased 195 the other day and have Shadab and Nasim to feed enough freebies.

conditions are much better for batting as the overs went on, sun came out and ball become old. should be an easy chase for USA given they chased 195 the other day and have Shadab and Nasim to feed enough freebies.
They are inexperienced.

2 Proper partnerships or two cameos and the game will be over

Is it time to remove Azam and add Saim? Or maybe Imad and have both Shadab and Imad along with 4 pacers.

Pakistan really missed out on a middle order batter by not picking Malik. He's still the deal when it comes to playing in the middle overs in these conditions.

Pakistan really missed out on a middle order batter by not picking Malik. He's still the deal when it comes to playing in the middle overs in these conditions.
Well,

Pakistan haven’t announced reserves

If Afridi and Rauf can bat with ease, imagine what USA batsmen like Aaron and Corey Anderson can do. I hope I'm wrong, but Naseem Shah and Amir can easily be targeted due to their slow pace.

Man this team is a pain to watch. Azam needs to go. No 360 batter that can turn a Yorker into a boundary . Bowling is overrated...they leak runs.

Just when a batter hits a boundary or two expect them to get out.

If Afridi and Rauf can bat with ease, imagine what USA batsmen like Aaron and Corey Anderson can do. I hope I'm wrong, but Naseem Shah and Amir can easily be targeted due to their slow pace.
The way I see it. New ball will make or break this game. It was not easy to bat against the new ball. After 10 overs it did became easy though.

Man this team is a pain to watch. Azam needs to go. No 360 batter that can turn a Yorker into a boundary . Bowling is overrated...they leak runs
The bowling is actually worse than the batting.

They all leak so many runs

They are inexperienced.
agree, but looking at first half, pakistan were much more nervous how they batted, ran, reviews, etc. USA are playing at home, very calm, nothing to lose, 1 win under belt, many players have against top players in leagues, MLC, etc. now, so they are not afraid. also they play against Ali khan in nets, etc., so just pace won't roll them over either.

to be honest, i have been impressed with many minnow teams. ICC should invest more heavily in them for cricket to truly become global.

The bowling is actually worse than the batting.

They all leak so many runs
I don't think leaking runs is the case. They are still one of the most economical attacks around the world. Problem is Pakistan's batting. They score 160 on a 180-200 pitch. Now if the bowlers give away 160 runs here, that will be labelled as leakage.

On the other hand if India or any other big team scores 210 and their bowlers leak 160 runs. That will be deemed as great performance on a batting pitch.

who is available in USA. Sami Aslam? anyone else?
I saw Shoaib Malik few days before the WT20. Not sure if he's still there. I also believe the management have got stamped visas of the likes of Mohammad Harris, Aamer Jamal and Irfan Khan. They can just fly them over in a day.

Back