USA (159/3) & (18/1) defeat Pakistan (159/7) & (13/1) by 5 runs in a super over thriller to cause the first major upset of the ICC T20 World Cup 2024

I actually wonder if Kirstens (perceived) lack of input is intentional.

Look hes not stupid and I imagine he has picked up very quickly on the things we all know about this squad. He also knows that true change can't happen without failures. As someone who has just come into the setup his is possibly not the most powerful voice in the Pakistan set up (which itself is somewhat an insult to his pedigree). I'm hoping he is using this tournament to keep status quo so that after it has concluded he has grounds to make some wholesale changes.

Maybe????
That's exactly what a commentator said Kristen told him. That he is just observing at the moment, not making any changes. I Still have faith in Kristen leaving the team in a better spot than he has found it in currently.

Reacting to the defeat on his YouTube channel, former captain Inzamam-ul-Haq stated the team is heading towards a downfall:

“Babar Azam and company should sit down and think about the kind of cricket they are playing. But, looking at our cricket and selection, I think our cricket is headed towards downfall.”

Saurabh Netravalkar who shines in USA’s victory against Pakistan was a former Mumbai Ranaji player… He is a oracle engineer went for Job to USA

Canada's Captain Saad Bin Zafar during toss in ICC T20 World Cup group stage match against Ireland said:

"It's always good to see an associate country to beat a full member country. Hopefully what USA did to Pakistan, we can do to Ireland."

Canada's Captain Saad Bin Zafar during toss in ICC T20 World Cup group stage match against Ireland said:

"It's always good to see an associate country to beat a full member country. Hopefully what USA did to Pakistan, we can do to Ireland."
Show us the way by batting first in New York

Today I was checking USA-Pakistan match scorecard, I found half dozen players belongs to India. It means India-USA side beat Pakistan

I think USA cricket will go places within the next 10 years. The demographic lends itself well to that and with good investment and sensible leadership/management it can only grow

Just going through the motions, no sledging nothing. What has happened to these players.

I remember in the 2011 WC against Canada, the Pakistan players harrassed and bullied the Canadians especially the Indians until they capitulated.

As for me, the only thing that can prop Pakistan cricket out of this mess is someone controversy free with good cricketing intellectual at the helm. I personally believe Misbah is a good choice for that role, hell even Hafeez might be a decent shout. As they say in corporate culture setting the tone at the top helps cascade the message down for everyone. This is exactly what we need right now.

Hafeez should be in Wahab's role.

A proper David vs Goliath contest it was, still sends shiver down the spine that we lost , exactly the same way slipped like sand from palms . painful & traumatic

Babar Azam in a post match talk expressed following thoughts:

"Whenever you play against such a team, you are a little bit more relaxed than usual. Before you come to a mega event, you try to prepare as hard as you can. If you don't execute your plans against any team, I feel that you will have to face the consequences then and we didn't execute our plans today."

"Weather was not a problem. As professionals, we're used to diverse conditions. Sometimes there is a cloud cover and sometimes you need to beat the heat. So yeah, weather wasn't much of a problem for us."

"In the first six overs, the ball was moving around and was holding up in the pitch. We tried to develop a partnership and we were successful in doing so and brought the momentum in our favor. Unfortunately, losing back to back wickets didn't help us. We had covered for our bad start but we threw it away in the middle. I think the middle-order will have to step up. It is simple, we played bad cricket and they played well."

"The USA bowlers utilized their skills really well. Our bowlers were not on the mark in the first 10 overs. We made a comeback after ten overs but then, it was a bit too late. I think the total was fine to defend as far as our bowling line up is concerned."
As usual Babar is not admitting his own failure in batting and putting everything on bowlers. Yes bowlers deserve to be blamed but Babar himself scored 4(14) after 6 overs, 14(25) after 10 overs, however on other side Shadab was playing at better SR and even USA scored scored at better SR in 10 overs.

Back