USA (197/3) defeat Canada (194/5) by 7 wickets in the opening game of the ICC T20 World Cup 2024

Go USA go!!👍
Not bad so far.. decent crowd for rge USA market. An upset in this group will be good!

These guys field well too, take good catches and have strong arm..Quality of Cricket is good for two weak teams.

Corey Anderson has become such an aaloo

pQnudXS.png

Seeing how these team field and the effort thier putting in makes me worried as a Pak fan, Pakistan cannot take any team or game lightly

Seeing how these team field and the effort thier putting in makes me worried as a Pak fan, Pakistan cannot take any team or game lightly
USA made their first misfield in the 12th over. Really impressive from them so far.

Why am I having so much fun watching this match? Ig I got used to one sided butchering to Pakistan I forgot what a balanced game of cricket looks like lol

Started quite slow, but Dhaliwal has stepped it up and hits the first 50 of the tourament

Hk7Wld3.png

Maybe fakhar zaman of Canada will be the first centurian of the t20 2024 wc

Canada will the favorite if they get to 180. USA missed a couple of tricks here. Stephen Taylor's over was poor..

Canada will the favorite if they get to 180. USA missed a couple of tricks here. Stephen Taylor's over was poor..
Possible, 20 runs for 2 overs.

But I don't think 180 will be enough. it looks like a beleter of a pitch

Impressive discipline from the USA bowlers. The 1st wide in the 18th over and that too was a debatable one. But you can see the quality difference though. These Associate batsmen will struggle against the top international teams

Will be the highest run chase for USA now close to 190. Their previous highest was 169. Wont be easy at all.

Movva changing the complexion of the game with this burst. Brilliant batting!

I have played cricket with Movva in Montreal in QCF. He is a great batsmen! Good finish by him. Let’s go Canada

Have played with/against Jeremy and Saad. Very hard working players and very good bowlers! It would be great to see them defend this score against USA. Jeremy can still bowl 140 plus. Saad, Jeremy, Navneet and many other are not only decent players, but are also great human beings. Time now to prove that we will always be a better team than USA. Excited to see how this game unfolds in the second innings.

Have played with/against Jeremy and Saad. Very hard working players and very good bowlers! It would be great to see them defend this score against USA. Jeremy can still bowl 140 plus. Saad, Jeremy, Navneet and many other are not only decent players, but are also great human beings. Time now to prove that we will always be a better team than USA. Excited to see how this game unfolds in the second innings.
Come to Montreal bro!

This is a great chance for them:

r4FsR34.png

I remember seeing Jeremy bowl bouncers in national t20 on Montreal pitches! Bro can pitch fast

Canada has won this game. You can tell mentality wide tbh who'll win before the first ball is even bowled. Canada was switched on

Can’t wait for Pakistan vs Canada! I’m be there!!!!!! Also watching Pakistan vs India in New York!!!!

Klrahul will be proud of this start from USA. They need a push on here quick

Can’t wait for Pakistan vs Canada! I’m be there!!!!!! Also watching Pakistan vs India in New York!!!!
wow, how did you get india - pak crickets?

pls dont shout at chacha from the stands

Very odd to be watching a live cricket game at this time

In any case, before this game I was only worried about India and Ireland. But these two also look like they can upset us unless our management grows a brain and fixes the team selection.

last ball by Jeremy was 143kph. He also runs a pace bowling academy called The Gordon pace academy. He is close to 38 now and can still bowl 140 plus.

last ball by Jeremy was 143kph. He also runs a pace bowling academy called The Gordon pace academy. He is close to 38 now and can still bowl 140 plus.

Crazy commitment to fitness. Also looks like quite a tall lad who gets a lot of bouce

What is this USA commentator even talking about? Wdym the fastest approach is to run straight but sometimes the runners run like a snake?

What match are you watching? Tf does this game have anything to do with snakes? Get this bozo out of here, I'd rather have Sachin comment over this clown

Crazy commitment to fitness. Also looks like quite a tall lad who gets a lot of bouce
I know him personally. He is a fitness freak, does a lot of meditation and a big believer in eating veggies and beans

Rule no 1 of cricket never ever hire a USA commentator again.

Dude is saying bowlers should not bowl knuckle balls as it takes pace off, and that leads to easy home runs. Pagal.

If Saad bowls as geat as he usually does, then USA has no chance. I believe Saad will be fine and will give 28 to 32 runs in his 4 overs.

Have plans to continue playing for another 5 to 6 years, so InshaAllah will see you around. Don’t know much about cricket in Ottawa as I just moved here, but once fully settled in, will get back to playing full time in Summer. Was planning on buying a camper/Rv to hook it with my Suv and then visiting Toronto every weekend in summer to continue playing in Toronto and district League, but don’t think that is practical and will still be expensive so will try and find a team in Ottawa league. Let’s see

Sorry to say but don’t have much faith in Dutta’s bowling. Hopefully he will prove me wrong.

DUTTA IS NOT A BOWLER! what Saad was thinking

Last edited by a moderator:
Game over for USA now. Timid start costs then big time. The tournament opener will be a damp squib now

Harsh Thaker got injured at a very wrong time and allowed Dutta to be in this playing 11

Not sure why Saad brought Pargat, was expecting him to bowl an over here and change the game

This Gous guy is wasting precious deliveries. Should have sent corey Anderson in.

This match is getting pretty interesting now with USA in strong position atm.

Really looked like Canada had this game on lockdown after the first 8 overs and its been utter annihilation since.

Back