[VIDEO] Ahmed Jamal: King of Speed contest winner

silent ischemia

First Class Player
Runs
So Ahmed Jamal from Abbotabad with fastest delivery of 144km/hr wins the Ufone king of speed contest

Ahmed Jamal: King of Speed contest winner

Finally someone with who can bowl at about 145ks.

I also heard this on Dunya Newz when Wasim Akram were holding a press conference.

Was this done during the fast bowlers camp in Karachi?

This was done today. It was between jamal, Muhammad imran and ammar yamin. Jamals quickest was 144kph in1st round and 143kph today.

Impressive speed,
video would be nice to see his action etc,

according to akram bowlers whom pcb should work upon are Asad ali , jamal , M.Aftab,
Imran Khan and Zia ul haq

Jamal bowls a little shabir ahmed but bowls from wide of the crease. He'll always angle the ball into the right hander.

according to akram bowlers whom pcb should work upon are Asad ali , jamal , M.Aftab,
Imran Khan and Zia ul haq

Is this something he really said or is this your wishful thinking?

There are a bunch of bowlers in domestic cricket who can reach 145 with their effort delivery, bowling those speeds consistently is another matter altogether, which it seems only Wahab and Irfan can do.

Picture of the winner

Attachments

• Ahmed Jamal.jpg
    Ahmed Jamal.jpg
    161.4 KB · Views: 2,042
Ahmed Jamal Wins Ufone – ‘King of Speed’ Grand prize of Rs. 1M

Islamabad - April 29, 2013: Ahmed Jamal from Abbottabad won the Ufone – ‘King of Speed’ of Rs.1 Million grand prize after clocking the highest speed of 143 km/h here on Monday on the final day at Ufone – PCB fast bowlers camp.

Other fast bowling contestants Muhammad Imran from Karachi marked the speed of 136 km/h, whereas, Abdul Ameer and, Faisal Yaseen from Faisalabad managed to bowl at the speed of 135 km/h.

The recent Ufone “King of Speed” trials held across the country managed to bring in more than four thousand fast bowlers, each wanting to find a place at the National Bowling camp and trying his best to win a prize of Rs.1 Million.

Ufone announced another chance for the lucky four, who had qualified for the national training camp to win the cash prize on last day of camp. The condition to reach or top 145km/h was set aside and any bowler who would clock the highest speed would be declared the winner.

Ahmed Jamal who stands 6 feet 4 inches and won the grand prize after proving himself the fastest bowler said, “I am pleased and excited after winning this grand prize and showcasing my talent to an expert like Wasim Akram. Under the supervision of Wasim Akram, I have learned a lot about different techniques used in fast bowling; this camp will help me a lot in the days to come.”

He said that his initial aim was to join the training camp to improve his bowling skills but since Ufone announced another chance to win the cash prize, he tried very hard to deliver the fastest speed to win the prize offered by Ufone.

Speaking on the occasion, Wasim Akram, former captain of the national cricket team and also the brand ambassador of fastest data cellular network, Ufone said, “I am happy to see that we still have great fast bowling talent in Pakistan, we just need to find that talent and polish our youngsters. Fast young bowlers like Ahmed Jamal are the future of this country; they can become part of our national team and take Pakistani cricket to new heights of glory.”

He said that Ufone and PCB had done a tremendous job by bringing together young emerging fast bowlers and providing them with an opportunity to showcase their talent. He also hoped that Ufone and PCB will continue to organize such healthy and useful events in the future and that would be a great service to Pakistani cricket.

And the fun part is that people were making fun of his physique in the Training pictures thread.

Its like Pakistan got talent type contest!

Hope Jamal gets good offers to play with good teams

If they really do have an intention to play Ahmed Jamal in the near future than they have to play him in the next couple of years seeing as he is already 24.

6 foot 4 inch ... hmm seems like a good prospect. they should try him in a couple of years as a third seamer or maybe a fourth seamer. could be a good pace prospect.

If he can hit 144 then with training he can definitely hit 150K

Rana Adil is not a FC player and he hit the same speed as Ahmed Jamal in the first round, 138 kph when he had only 3 balls. And he is only 19. I still can't understand why he was not in the top4.

Ahmed Jamal Wins Ufone – ‘King of Speed’ Grand prize of Rs. 1M

Islamabad - April 29, 2013: Ahmed Jamal from Abbottabad won the Ufone – ‘King of Speed’ of Rs.1 Million grand prize after clocking the highest speed of 143 km/h here on Monday on the final day at Ufone – PCB fast bowlers camp.

Other fast bowling contestants Muhammad Imran from Karachi marked the speed of 136 km/h, whereas, Abdul Ameer and, Faisal Yaseen from Faisalabad managed to bowl at the speed of 135 km/h.

The recent Ufone “King of Speed” trials held across the country managed to bring in more than four thousand fast bowlers, each wanting to find a place at the National Bowling camp and trying his best to win a prize of Rs.1 Million.

Ufone announced another chance for the lucky four, who had qualified for the national training camp to win the cash prize on last day of camp. The condition to reach or top 145km/h was set aside and any bowler who would clock the highest speed would be declared the winner.

Ahmed Jamal who stands 6 feet 4 inches and won the grand prize after proving himself the fastest bowler said, “I am pleased and excited after winning this grand prize and showcasing my talent to an expert like Wasim Akram. Under the supervision of Wasim Akram, I have learned a lot about different techniques used in fast bowling; this camp will help me a lot in the days to come.”

He said that his initial aim was to join the training camp to improve his bowling skills but since Ufone announced another chance to win the cash prize, he tried very hard to deliver the fastest speed to win the prize offered by Ufone.

Speaking on the occasion, Wasim Akram, former captain of the national cricket team and also the brand ambassador of fastest data cellular network, Ufone said, “I am happy to see that we still have great fast bowling talent in Pakistan, we just need to find that talent and polish our youngsters. Fast young bowlers like Ahmed Jamal are the future of this country; they can become part of our national team and take Pakistani cricket to new heights of glory.”

He said that Ufone and PCB had done a tremendous job by bringing together young emerging fast bowlers and providing them with an opportunity to showcase their talent. He also hoped that Ufone and PCB will continue to organize such healthy and useful events in the future and that would be a great service to Pakistani cricket.

He is from Karachi. And in the thread, it was mentioned that Aamir Yamin was selected but in this article it says Faisal Yaseen. Pretty confusing.

The real question for me is did he consistently bowl at that speed or did it take multiple tries and that was his best. If so, any current pakistani bowler is capable of hitting that speed atleast once given 2-3 matches.

I think project failed it was about finding new talent as JAmal i guess has played for Abottabad in FBT20...............looks like a face saving activity by PCB...........143k's whats the hype about this............

I think project failed it was about finding new talent as JAmal i guess has played for Abottabad in FBT20...............looks like a face saving activity by PCB...........143k's whats the hype about this............

look out for asif+pace=ahmed jamal coming ur way:yk

So what was the purpose of that competition
First Class Record Best Bowl 4fer 5fer SR Econ.
Matches 34 Wickets 129 8-82 27.60 8 2 47.51 3.48

Matches (50 over) 8 2-27 45.25 0 0 45.12 6.01

Matches(t20) 12 wickets 13 4-21 24.46 1 0 19.38 7.57

and has good height why not select him for WI tour for T20s as he is right arm fast bowler and on those Caribbean pitches he could be handy and might give Tino Best a run for money.....

^ your right he's been sidelined, no word about him at all..

If they really do have an intention to play Ahmed Jamal in the near future than they have to play him in the next couple of years seeing as he is already 24.

So what was the purpose of that competition
First Class Record Best Bowl 4fer 5fer SR Econ.
Matches 34 Wickets 129 8-82 27.60 8 2 47.51 3.48

Matches (50 over) 8 2-27 45.25 0 0 45.12 6.01

Matches(t20) 12 wickets 13 4-21 24.46 1 0 19.38 7.57

and has good height why not select him for WI tour for T20s as he is right arm fast bowler and on those Caribbean pitches he could be handy and might give Tino Best a run for money.....

^ your right he's been sidelined, no word about him at all..

Read the last sentence
http://www.pakpassion.net/ppforum/showpost.php?p=5724944&postcount=37

a tusali contest. Yes we can still produce bowlers. instead ufone should launch a batsman contest!! we already have enough bowlers!

a tusali contest. Yes we can still produce bowlers. instead ufone should launch a batsman contest!! we already have enough bowlers!

Exactly what they should really do is hold the contestants, pick the best 50 and take them to south africa and have them play dale steyn and philander on the first test pitch.. :p :p :p bhai jo khel gaya onko os ko team mai lay ao..... maybe expensive but we will unearth a good talent. :p

To be fair to the selectors, they wasted many years on experiments like Mohammed Sami due to his pace alone, he was a failure. Maybe they don't want to go down the road again.

If this was football, it would be like a national kick up's competition.

should be trained in fc and coached in nca to make sure he learns how to swing

Almost 3 months and we hear that Ahmed Jamal is yet to be paid the prize amount! Disappointing to say the least!

such a shame^^^. I think pakistan could do with someone like him if he wasn't erratic like Wahab Riaz

Bump!

Good to see him in Pakistan “A” Team For 3-Day Game Against South Africa

I hope he does well, but there are plenty of bowlers who deserved selection ahead of him, guys like Bilawal bhatti, Sadaf hussain, Nasir Malik, Talha etc.

Did he even get the prize money?

Not sure but he is getting a practice match against SA and if he can show something big he will probably earn more thn that prize money in upcoming years by playing for Pakistan.

Lol even Dernbach get bowl 88mph, was expecting 150ks, in my opinion he will be exposed and hammered at international cricket, unless he can swing the ball and bounce.

Not sure but he is getting a practice match against SA and if he can show something big he will probably earn more thn that prize money in upcoming years by playing for Pakistan.

True, but it's disgusting if he hasn't.

Please alberto, not again. You saw Wahab Riaz in the semi final and since then he has become unwatchable.

He sprays the ball and has a problem with no-balls. Not excited about him. Needs to work hard.

I remember Babar Azam hitting him glorious cover drives for two consecutive 4s. It was treat really!

Last edited:
Wahab should have joined the tournament and trolled everybody.
In all seriousness, I don't get too excited over Pakistani bowlers now, we are in dire need of young batsman, which is a good job that Umar Akmal, Umar Amin, and potentially Haris Sohail are getting into the team.

still no mohammed talha. of course he didn't enter a pepsi sponsored tournament and win bowling less fast than umer gul but that's besides the point

i hope he gets picked as a surprise package as he will take it by storm like irfan did on his recall.

Only PCB can destroy talents where is he if he was Irish England would have picked him should be at least named in 30 probables for WT20

Only PCB can destroy talents where is he if he was Irish England would have picked him should be at least named in 30 probables for WT20
What are you talking about ? He's playing FC/List A cricket. Needs to prove himself in domestic before being considered for National team.

What are you talking about ? He's playing FC/List A cricket. Needs to prove himself in domestic before being considered for National team.

Ya let him rot in domestic cricket but the trundlers like :asad are given Odi n T20 caps

I'm waiting for a bowler who has the ability to swing and seam with the new ball, someone like Asif.

I understand the obsession with pace nowadays, but I will prefer a talent hunt for bowlers who have cricketing skills like swinging and seaming the ball or have an ability to bowl on a good length.

Remember how Akram was picked while giving net practise to an already selected team to New Zealand. He did not had the pace back then, same can be said about Amir Nazir in 1993.

Last edited:
I understand the obsession with pace nowadays, but I will prefer a talent hunt for bowlers who have cricketing skills like swinging and seaming the ball or have an ability to bowl on a good length.

Remember how Akram was picked while giving net practise to an already selected team to New Zealand. He did not had the pace back then, same can be said about Amir Nazir in 1993.

LOL! Akram was pacy since the beginning of his career. His speed reduced as the career progressed but he had too good skills to become a legend.

On topic, Ahmed Jamal is an ordinary bowler. We have may bowlers who can bowl at 144 kph. It's nothing special. Ahmed needs to improve alot. He is not even in the top 8 bowlers of the country.

LOL! Akram was pacy since the beginning of his career. His speed reduced as the career progressed but he had too good skills to become a legend.

On topic, Ahmed Jamal is an ordinary bowler. We have may bowlers who can bowl at 144 kph. It's nothing special. Ahmed needs to improve alot. He is not even in the top 8 bowlers of the country.

Akram was skinny and medium pace at the beginning of his career in 1985. He became a fiery pace bowler around 1989.

Akram was skinny and medium pace at the beginning of his career in 1985. He became a fiery pace bowler around 1989.

Skinny bowlers don't bowl fast? Akram was fast since the start of his career. Imran Khan don't rate medium pace bowlers. He had the pace and Imran taught him skills.

Well, Waqar had the pace not Akram....I guess you were born in the 90's.

Skinny bowlers don't bowl fast? Akram was fast since the start of his career. Imran Khan don't rate medium pace bowlers. He had the pace and Imran taught him skills.

Well, Waqar had the pace not Akram....I guess you were born in the 90's.

I will reserve my judgement on him until I see him bowl.
By the way,most bowlers can reach 145+ km/h with their effort delivery. The consistency is the key;he should be able to bowl 140+ km/h regularly to be considered as quick.

Ahmad Jamal has been Disappointing
17 Wicket,s in 7 Matches Playing for NATIONAL bank

Ataullah is another Express Bowler has been Impressive In President,s cup

http://www.herefordtimes.com/sport/..._Ahmed_Jamal_signs_for_Bromyard_Cricket_Club/

PAKISTAN’S ‘King of Speed’ Ahmed Jamal will soon be terrifying teams in the Worcestershire County Division One, after signing on for Bromyard Cricket Club, writes ADAM KNIGHT.

Tipped for the top by Pakistan legend Wasim Akram, Jamal clocked 143kph on the speed gun in a nationwide search to unearth new pace talent in his home country.

An established first class player – with 158 wickets in 42 first-class matches – the National Bank quickie will replace former Sri Lanka international Dinusha Fernando as the team’s international player, and should join the team for their final preseason fixture.

The 25-year-old from Abbottabad was one of four fast bowlers selected for Akram’s King Of Speed camp and last year he spent 10 days working with the legendary pace man.

Akram called Jamal “the future”, adding that one day he could take Pakistani cricket to new heights.

Jamal, however, said he takes his inspiration from another Pakistan quickie – world-record holder Shoaib Akhtar.

Bromyard fans will have to wait to see Jamal charging in a Flaggoners Green, as the team open their league campaign at Belbroughton on Saturday.

Great news, good exposure hopefully if he performs well he might get an Intl debut.

Back