[VIDEO] Ben Stokes abusing Misbah after getting owned - fair play?

I hope he learns his lesson. The game is a great leveller and one must remain humble. Same goes with Kohli.

I hope he learns his lesson. The game is a great leveller and one must remain humble. Same goes with Kohli.

I wouldn't call him not humble, if you listen to him off the field (or talk to him as I have) he comes across very differently to how you percieve on a field. On the field he just lets his pure emotion show through however which sometimes doesn't have the best of results.

I'm amazed the brigade which lashed out at M. Sami after that poor final over and the ones who call Amla etc. bottler haven't arrived yet.

Stokes has bottled it in a way that no one in the history of cricket has ever done.

19 runs required and 4 sixes lol.

I'm amazed the brigade which lashed out at M. Sami after that poor final over and the ones who call Amla etc. bottler haven't arrived yet.

Stokes has bottled it in a way that no one in the history of cricket has ever done.

19 runs required and 4 sixes lol.

And the way he got out too

What's up with the English obsession with this guy .
He is a top allrounder potentially but the british press would make you belive that he is Don bradman , Garfield sobers and Elvis presley all rolled into one.
Noticed this throughout the summer.

Lol he already has an autobiography where he takes a dig at Marlon Samuels .
Not a fan of Samuels.but pretty rich coming from.someone who is not shy of a word himself . Marlon's reply to his sledge was hilarious though.

What's up with the English obsession with this guy .
He is a top allrounder potentially but the british press would make you belive that he is Don bradman , Garfield sobers and Elvis presley all rolled into one.
Noticed this throughout the summer.

Lol he already has an autobiography where he takes a dig at Marlon Samuels .
Not a fan of Samuels.but pretty rich coming from.someone who is not shy of a word himself . Marlon's reply to his sledge was hilarious though.

Don't want to sidetrack.

Just that the English have a habit of self-aggrandizement.

They love to believe they are a scientific power, technological power, military power and what not on par with the best in the world and better than any other in Europe.

The same symptom affects their sporting stars and media, too. They exaggerate their mediocre players' performances and abilities.

Nothing more to it.

Stokes has some nerve complaining about Marlon Samuels sledging him back (after being provoked) when he himself swore at Misbah. Its a clear case of the pot calling the kettle black.

Stokes needs to be reminded of how he was made to cry like a little baby by Uncle Brathwaite

"Carlos Brathwaite!!! Carlos Brathwaite!!! Remember the name!!!" - Ian Bishop

Yes we remember the name!!! Ben Stokes should as well!!!

Provokes Samuels (admitted in his own book) and then cries when Samuels fires back.

Yup, Stokes is British all right!

Don't want to sidetrack.

Just that the English have a habit of self-aggrandizement.

They love to believe they are a scientific power, technological power, military power and what not on par with the best in the world and better than any other in Europe.

The same symptom affects their sporting stars and media, too. They exaggerate their mediocre players' performances and abilities.

Nothing more to it.

Fair enough if you want to call him overrated in your view but calling someone who could get in any test side in the world right now with relative ease mediocre is probably a bit far.

LOL.

The guy is Anwar Ali of England (at least in LOIs).

A nothing bowler, serves pies, deservingly gets clobbered by every batsman. An average LOI bat too.

Kid has passion, good to see. Not Pakpassion, but Engpassion.

People crying as usual, am glad he said few words, it only tested Misbah's character and he passed that test, his fans on the other hand...

LOL.

The guy is Anwar Ali of England (at least in LOIs).

A nothing bowler, serves pies, deservingly gets clobbered by every batsman. An average LOI bat too.

Yet still managed to come out of the recent Pakistan ODI series averaging more than any of the Pakistani batsmen (and with a 100+ SR) and a better economy than any of the Pakistani bowlers except Imad...

Yet still managed to come out of the recent Pakistan ODI series averaging more than any of the Pakistani batsmen (and with a 100+ SR) and a better economy than any of the Pakistani bowlers except Imad...

Doesn't really matter, one off, and we were really poor in the ODI series anyway.

Obscenities are just low class, whoever may be doing it.

http://indianexpress.com/article/sp...e-india-pakistan-moment-syas-virender-sehwag/

Sehwag said he cannot forget the sledging he faced during his debut match in 1999.

“It was, in every sense, an April Fool’s Day for me. It was my first game and I got out on 1. But it is during that match I witnessed the high intensity of an Indo-Pak cricket match for the first time in my career. I understood the significance of an India v Pakistan game and what that means for the players participating in these clashes,” he said.

“I came in at No.7 in that fixture and I was greeted by a string of abuses from Imran Nazir and Shahid Afridi. So much so, that it appeared like Afridi was a mate of mine and was conversing only in expletives. Shoaib Akhtar, on whose bowling I got out, didn’t get a chance to sledge me because I was out first ball to him. Thereafter, I was waiting for a chance to return the favor when it was our turn to field.”

Sehwag said he paid the Pakistanis back in the same coin when he came out to field.

“I did abuse some of their players but didn’t go overboard as we Indians are a respectful lot and believe less in sledging-abusing and more so in playing the game.”

Yes. People are getting carried away here and mixing his credentials as a player with his credentials as a person. Yeah he abused Misbah, so what? Misbah isn't the first nor the last player to be verbally abused like that. Thing is Misbah doesn't give 2 hoots, and still pummeled England, only few fans like to whine about it and take it out on Stokes who is currently one of the only quality pace allrounder in the world.

Fair enough if you want to call him overrated in your view but calling someone who could get in any test side in the world right now with relative ease mediocre is probably a bit far.

hahaha what a joke mate !! :)))

http://indianexpress.com/article/sp...e-india-pakistan-moment-syas-virender-sehwag/

Sehwag said he cannot forget the sledging he faced during his debut match in 1999.

“It was, in every sense, an April Fool’s Day for me. It was my first game and I got out on 1. But it is during that match I witnessed the high intensity of an Indo-Pak cricket match for the first time in my career. I understood the significance of an India v Pakistan game and what that means for the players participating in these clashes,” he said.

“I came in at No.7 in that fixture and I was greeted by a string of abuses from Imran Nazir and Shahid Afridi. So much so, that it appeared like Afridi was a mate of mine and was conversing only in expletives. Shoaib Akhtar, on whose bowling I got out, didn’t get a chance to sledge me because I was out first ball to him. Thereafter, I was waiting for a chance to return the favor when it was our turn to field.”

Sehwag said he paid the Pakistanis back in the same coin when he came out to field.

“I did abuse some of their players but didn’t go overboard as we Indians are a respectful lot and believe less in sledging-abusing and more so in playing the game.”

Don't trust Sehwag at all after that baap-beta pack of lies.

he has replaced sidhu now
new joker from india.

Ben Stokes of England has received an official reprimand for breaching Level 1 of the ICC Code of Conduct during the opening day’s play in the third Test against India in Mohali on Saturday.

Stokes was found to have breached Article 2.1.4 of the ICC Code of Conduct for Players and Player Support Personnel, which relates to “using language or a gesture that is obscene, offensive or insulting during an International Match”.

In addition to the reprimand for his breach of Article 2.1.4, one demerit point has been added to Stokes’s disciplinary record.

Pursuant to Article 7.6 of the Code, if Stokes reaches four or more demerit points within a 24-month period, they will be converted into suspension points and he will be banned. Two suspension points equate to a ban from one Test or two ODIs or two T20Is, whatever comes first for the player.

The incident happened when Stokes reacted to India players’ celebrations following his dismissal by making inappropriate comments which were heard by both the on-field umpires.

Stokes admitted the offence and accepted the sanction proposed by Ranjan Madugalle of the Emirates Elite Panel of ICC Match Referees and, as such, there was no need for a formal hearing.

The charge was levelled by on-field umpires Marais Erasmus and Chris Gaffaney, and third umpire Kumar Dharmasena, all from the Emirates Elite Panel of ICC Umpires.

For all first offences, Level 1 breaches carry a minimum penalty of an official reprimand, a maximum penalty of 50 per cent of a player’s match fee, and one or two demerit points.

http://www.icc-cricket.com/news/201...reprimanded-for-breaching-icc-code-of-conduct

Sky commentators suggesting that the England camp are very unhappy with the charges against Stokes but not against Kohli.

Well Sehwag lacks credibility and has a history of making things up so I'd take this with a pinch of salt

The music in the background for the English players makes them sound as if they are Gabbar :asif

The feeling was Stokes was walking off when something was said to him causing him to turn and shout something back. In Botham's words "it takes 2 to tango".

Saw the replays. Kohli celebrated like he always does in his usual animated fashion. Forget Stokes, Kohli celebrates like that even if Batty gets out. Also it's not like Stokes is the most calm and composed of the lot. I would've understood if Buttler had given a reaction, but Stokes just about reacts to everything.

I'm just happy we got to see the Kohli vs Stokes battle on field, which I thought would happen sooner or later.:yk

Well Sehwag lacks credibility and has a history of making things up so I'd take this with a pinch of salt

Sehwag's story sounded like a massive pile of bullocks.... If I am not too mistaken isn't this the same bloke who got on a twitter feud with freaking Piers Morgan on Kabaddi and Cricket :facepalm:

Comes off in the Umeresque mold of a Twitter personality; practically the last guys I'd wanna interact with.....Can't believe Indian sports channels often call him for punditry. I would rather watch paint dry !!

Last edited:
What's with English players being disappeared at the frustration by subcontinental people.

From now on everytime English players get out there should be 1 minute silence

Stokes is the most bad boy of cricket . He should be warned by icc before every series or a demerit point should be added before any series as it is obvious that he must do misbehave with anyone in that series.

Back