[VIDEO] "Don't worry boys, there is no rush. Let the crowd keep shouting Babar,Babar and let him bat for 40 overs": Sarfaraz Ahmed

FearlessRoar

Super Moderator
Staff member
Runs
Sarfaraz Ahmed trolling Babar Azam during a match between Dolphins and Stallions during Champions One-Day Cup 2024:

"There's no rush, just tell these people to keep chanting 'Babar, Babar' and we'll let Babar play for 40 overs, and the rest will get out."

Even he knows that Babar Azam is a selfish player

Sarfaraz Ahmed trolling Babar Azam during a match between Dolphins and Stallions during Champions One-Day Cup 2024:

"There's no rush, just tell these people to keep chanting 'Babar, Babar' and we'll let Babar play for 40 overs, and the rest will get out."

Fans saying this kinda thing is okay but coming from a fellow player that too an ex-skipper is shocking. And Sarfu has enough experience to know that stump mic will catch it.
Below the belt comments from Sarfaraz.

Yes Saify tell him!

Yes Saify tell him!
What a joke!

Babar (104) beats Saifi XI by 7 runs. Yeah you read that right. Babar scored more than the whole team. Shows what a dumb comment that was by Saifi.

Sarfraz himself scored a whopping 5 runs a Strike Rate of 33.33
Captain Asif Ali 21 runs at a Strike Rate of 75
Babar Azam 104 runs at a Strike Rate of 104 (Highest score on both sides and highest Strike Rate of anyone scoring over 4 runs)

He's just trying to put pressure through talking. Otherwise Saifi also knows Babar is a good batter when he gets going.

Today his runs proved crucial. 270+ became a mountain to climb for Dolphins.

What a joke!

Babar (104) beats Saifi XI by 7 runs. Yeah you read that right. Babar scored more than the whole team. Shows what a dumb comment that was by Saifi.

Babar Azam 104 runs at a Strike Rate of 104 (Highest score on both sides and highest Strike Rate of anyone scoring over 4 runs)

Everybody chant, “Baaabar Baaabar”

Karlo Babar Babar

Not good from Saifi bhai. Allowed the statpadder to anchor the innings.
Should have told his bowlers its easy to get Bobsy out

Not good from Saifi bhai. Allowed the statpadder to anchor the innings.
Should have told his bowlers its easy to get Bobsy out
It’s very difficult to get a guy out who plays for himself

But it cost sarfraz the game. Genius captain should have devised a way to get him
Sarfaraz is openly stating now what the world knows

What some of us have been trying to tell you people.

Don’t be so gullible when opposition players hug and kiss Babar+Rizwan. They are not showing them respect, they are encouraging them to carry on playing the friendly way they do.

Sarfaraz is openly stating now what the world knows

What some of us have been trying to tell you people.

Don’t be so gullible when opposition players hug and kiss Babar+Rizwan. They are not showing them respect, they are encouraging them to carry on playing the friendly way they do.
But what can we do? We can't drop them for playing selfishly can we?

But it cost sarfraz the game. Genius captain should have devised a way to get him
Dolphins is the weakest side and this tournament is rigged lol.

Whether Babar scored or not wouldn't have mattered, these guys got bundled out while chasing 209.

Whether Babar scored or not wouldn't have mattered, these guys got bundled out while chasing 209.
The weakest side imo is Lions. Dolphins is playing well below par.

Dolphins have a very strong squad. It's just lead by an average captain along with a very substandard management team.

What a joke!

Yep Saifi XI bottled their chance today

I don’t think this is negative to Babar, more that it is easier to get the others out than Babar so they’ll focus on that.

how the hell this barbolla became a mentor of the team...
This barbolla is correct? Why would international teams worry about Babar Azam not getting out? Babar isn't a threat at all to Australia, India or England atm

This barbolla is correct? Why would international teams worry about Babar Azam not getting out? Babar isn't a threat at all to Australia, India or England atm
Haha my argument is that constantly chirping nonsense behind the stumps doesn’t suit him.

means considering u are a mentor of the team and keep doing non sense commentary behind the stump doesnt make sense.

No they don't, Who's strong in that sqaud for you?
There’s quite a few that think Sarfraz, saud, Hurraira, Mir Hamza should all be in the starting international XI. If that’s true then it is fairly strong.

I think it’s quite weak personally.

Haha my argument is that constantly chirping nonsense behind the stumps doesn’t suit him.

means considering u are a mentor of the team and keep doing non sense commentary behind the stump doesnt make sense.
He isn't chirping, he's guiding, theirs a big difference and people aren't understanding the gist of what he's saying and taking it way too literally.

The crowd was chanting babar babar, He was just telling his bowler that let the crowd chant nonsense, and we'll play the way we wish to play and bowl accordingly.

His words were not literal and meant as face value and anyone who thinks it meant that way speaks and understands English worse then even sarfi.

If I was to tell you "Omg, you're so funny I'm dying of laughter" it doesn't mean you should call the hospital.

There’s quite a few that think Sarfraz, saud, Hurraira, Mir Hamza should all be in the starting international XI. If that’s true then it is fairly strong.

I think it’s quite weak personally.
Sarfi is 37+ and his career is done, He's good againat spin but he lacks the reactions to play pacers now.

Mir Hamza will get spanked, He's a 34 uear old bowler who has good line and length but virtually no pace to ever bother batters, He's similar to Imran Kham Jnr a bowler who was the best in the domestic circuit, was called into the team for one game and was spanked because his 80 to 110 kph deliveries didn't bother a single soul.

As for Hurraira and Saud, It's still too early, Saud has been performing in test and deserves test place and hirraira top scored for test as well and deserved a game againat Bangladesh, but yes, in odi their not suited atm and are performing poorly and hence shouldn't be in the odi team.

Sarfaraz just saying what every captain’s feeling.

Babar isn’t the first.

Opposition captains would do the same with Misbah, Azhar Ali and of course they all do it for Babar, Rizwan and Imam these days.

The problem in the day and age of stats galore is that people just look at the scorecard (I’m not talking about this match, just a general comment).

They look at a scorecard and say “hey, this guy did better than the rest, the whole team is so dependent on him”.

Cue amateur statisticians - oh he’s saved team X so many times.

Reality is a lot of teams don’t care about opposition batsmen who don’t hurt them. They’re not a threat.

They’ll just go hard at the other end. Stat padder will make a nice score for the scorecard. Stat padder gets what he wants from fickle fans, opposition captain gets a manageable total to chase. Everyone’s a winner!

Most of their team has either played for Pakistan or posters want them to play. Their team is one of the best, but are lead by Saud shakeel with uncle sarfaraz being their mentor.
No they haven't besides saud and Sarfi.

Shabzada farhan barely played for pakistan and was dropped quickly, Hirraira is yet to even make a debut? Qasim akram is yet to make a debit? Mir Hamza only recently has started featuring for pakistan and he's already 34?

Sarfi is a 37 burnt corpse? What are you even on about?

No they haven't besides saud and Sarfi.

Shabzada farhan barely played for pakistan and was dropped quickly, Hirraira is yet to even make a debut? Qasim akram is yet to make a debit? Mir Hamza only recently has started featuring for pakistan and he's already 34?

Sarfi is a 37 burnt corpse? What are you even on about?
You wanted sarfaraz just a couple weeks ago to replace rizwan. A lot of posters were advocating for huraira to play the final for Pakistan against Bangladesh. Sahibzada farhan has been one of the best domestics performers for a while.

There have been calls for ikhlaq to replace rizwan by posters here.

Abbas Afridi has been a regular feature for pakistan.

Faheem has always been a solid domestic performer.

Umar Amin was part of Shaheen squad against Bangladesh where he got 150 odd.

Mir hamza replacing Shaheen.

Captain Asif Ali

Captain saud shakeel who in your own words is better than Babar.

Qasim akram has been part of Shaheen squads along with being a solid domestic performer.

When you have such resources you have to win a game at least or be competitive. They haven't done either of them and the blame is on their management and their captain.

You wanted sarfaraz just a couple weeks ago to replace rizwan. A lot of posters were advocating for huraira to play the final for Pakistan against Bangladesh. Sahibzada farhan has been one of the best domestics performers for a while.

There have been calls for ikhlaq to replace rizwan by posters here.

Abbas Afridi has been a regular feature for pakistan.

Faheem has always been a solid domestic performer.

Umar Amin was part of Shaheen squad against Bangladesh where he got 150 odd.

Mir hamza replacing Shaheen.

Captain Asif Ali

Captain saud shakeel who in your own words is better than Babar.

Qasim akram has been part of Shaheen squads along with being a solid domestic performer.

When you have such resources you have to win a game at least or be competitive. They haven't done either of them and the blame is on their management and their captain.
1) I want any Tom dick and Harry to replace rizwan as I've already wrote essays and essays detailing why. All this goes way back to 2020 and if you don't wish to read it or understand my reasoning and wish for me to repeat myself over and over, then just go back to the posts and read what I wrote.

2) It doesn't matter, your argument was that half of these guys have played for Pakistan and are seasonal performers when they aren't with the exception of Asif Ali and abass afridi who've always been rubbisj

1) I want any Tom dick and Harry to replace rizwan as I've already wrote essays and essays detailing why. All this goes way back to 2020 and if you don't wish to read it or understand my reasoning and wish for me to repeat myself over and over, then just go back to the posts and read what I wrote.

2) It doesn't matter, your argument was that half of these guys have played for Pakistan and are seasonal performers when they aren't with the exception of Asif Ali and abass afridi who've always been rubbisj
It's progress that you have acknowledged that sarfaraz and Co are rubbish.

The dolphin team is a very good team but with rubbish captain and management, this was bound to be the outcome. You can deny it all you want but the facts remain.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why no team hasn't been able to chase in this tournament? All matches are one sided won by teams batting first.

It's progress that you have acknowledged that sarfaraz and Co are rubbish.

The dolphin team is a very good team but with rubbish captain and management, this was bound to be the outcome. You can deny it all you want but the facts remain.
Sarfraz isn't rubbish, He's old and done and dusted.

It doesn't change the fact that his achievements of

1) taking pakistan to quater finals of wc 2015 when they were done and dusted and headed for humiliation.

2) First pakistani wicket keeper to score a wc 100

3) Getting Pakistan to no 8 from no 9 and giving them a chance for ct 2017

4) Winning ct 2017 including a 61 not put to ensure pakistan get over the line

5) His brilliant test 100's against australia and his match winning 96 against sri lanka in 2014 and 2016 respectively winning the 4 day test from the jaws of defeat

6) Getting pakistan to no 1 rank in 2018 and giving them the greatest win streak including beating full strength australia in a tri series final

7) Beating atg England in their home den 2x in 2017 and 2019 in their very own den

8) Match saving NZ 100

^^ All these achievements are miles superior to what rizwan has achieved. Rizwan's biggest achievements to date are

1) Being one of the few to score 100 in all formats of the game

2) Ending moqa moqa alongside Babar

3) 2nd pakistani keeper to score a century on wc stage

However none of these achievements are anywhere close to the Gand he's done specifically his 2022 nonsense

Sarfraz isn't rubbish, He's old and done and dusted.

It doesn't change the fact that his achievements of

1) taking pakistan to quater finals of wc 2015 when they were done and dusted and headed for humiliation.

4) Winning ct 2017 including a 61 not put to ensure pakistan get over the line

5) His brilliant test 100's against australia and his match winning 96 against sri lanka in 2014 and 2016 respectively winning the 4 day test from the jaws of defeat

6) Getting pakistan to no 1 rank in 2018 and giving them the greatest win streak including beating full strength australia in a tri series final

7) Beating atg England in their home den 2x in 2017 and 2019 in their very own den

8) Match saving NZ 100

^^ All these achievements are miles superior to what rizwan has achieved. Rizwan's biggest achievements to date are

1) Being one of the few to score 100 in all formats of the game

2) Ending moqa moqa alongside Babar

3) 2nd pakistani keeper to score a century on wc stage

However none of these achievements are anywhere close to the Gand he's done specifically his 2022 nonsense
And you have conveniently ignored many of rizwan achievements.

It was just a funny banter. Sarfraz and Babar are quite good mates . And Sarfraz is just saying that let Babar play we will get others out he didn’t say let Babar play (to our advantage)

Actor masquerading as a cricketer.
And what does that say about the other wk. That an actor has left them in dust?

I have made it very clear of my dislike of Rizwan, but as far as cricketing abilities are concerned he our best wk.

There are only 8 serious teams. Getting to a quarter final shouldn't be a prominent achievement, leave alone #1 on your list.

Against Ireland.

Refer #1.

All these in T20s.

There are only 8 serious teams. Getting to a quarter final shouldn't be a prominent achievement, leave alone #1 on your list.

Against Ireland.

Refer #1.

All these in T20s.
1) That's not the point, Pakistan in 2015 was done and dusted and was butchered left and right, They had absolutely no chance to get into quarterfinals in their current state, they were in an absolute terrible condition and sarfraz managed to save some face and avoid another 2007 disaster which was looming for pakistan.

2) The same Ireland managed to beat pakistan recently and secondly it doesn't change the fact that he was the first keeper to do so, Kamran akmal and many before him played against weaker teams like Zimbabwe in previous editions and flopped. Pakistan also played against Zimbabwe in 2015 and no one achieved such a feat.

3) Don't need to refer 1 when the argument is extremly extremely poor to begin with and is a shoddy attempt to glorify rizzu.

4) The fact you proclaimed this shows how poor your research is. England 2017 and England 2019 den victories were achieved in ct 2017 and WC 2019 which were odi victories

Next time do more research capiche?

Back