[VIDEO] How will Mohammad Amir fare in international cricket on return from his retirement?

MenInG

PakPassion Administrator
Staff member
Runs
skysports-mohammad-amir-cricket_6528148.jpg

Started off with a bang against New Zealand in the 2nd T20I, taking 2-13 from his three overs.

Expectations are high.

Missed the 3rd T20, now 2 overs for 14 - decent given the tonking others have got.

Mohammad Amir claimed one wicket today against NZ. He ended his spell with a decent performance of 1/32 in 4 overs.

Today, he couldn't perform well without the support of Shaheen Shah Afridi.

Him getting spanked by minnows is just so heavenly to watch.

Can't wait to watch him getting humiliated in the World Cup. The only thing he's good at is sitting on television and complaining.

Can't wait to watch him getting humiliated in the World Cup. The only thing he's good at is sitting on television and complaining.

he gave pakistan a breakthrough by taking campher's wicket shaheen got hit for 21 the previous over
total would definitely have been 200+ if it wasn't for that wicket

Amir is a very good bowler, but now he is old and he still refuses to work on his fitness. That shoulder injury that he is carrying for the past two years is easily correctable by doing weight training and building some muscle there. Almost all bowlers experience that injury and 95% of them fix this by doing weight training or by simply doing pull ups, but Amir does not believe in any of that.

He'll be more effective in the West Indies with his cutters and slower balls. Important bowler in those conditions, especially given how average Naseem has looked.

He'll be more effective in the West Indies with his cutters and slower balls. Important bowler in those conditions, especially given how average Naseem has looked.

Amir was let down today by horrid fielding and it was his first game on tour. It’s futile reaching conclusions from cold matches when it comes to his bowling, his energy levels will be up for the WC and the experience will be needed going by the current resources

atleast he uses his brain while bowling so i will prefer him over Haris and Naseem who r very much single dimenssional bowlers.

This is just the beginning. His real humiliation will start at the World Cup and when he runs away from international cricket again.

Bringing him back has been a complete waste of time.

1 series is not enough to blame him, how many matches he got during that series?
I watched him bowl throughout the entire PSL and he was bang average. This is why he wasn’t even in the top 10 wicket takers and was out performed by several local pacers who are not even on Pakistan’s radar right now.

Amir did not deserve to return based on his form. His selection was a slap in the face of merit and a reflection of how Pakistan is stuck in the past.

Amir was finished years ago and it is not a surprise that he has had no impact on Pakistan on his return and neither will he until the day he retires again and that day isn’t far off.

PCB and Pakistani fans are living in the past when it comes to Amir. A past they want to recreate and relive, but those days are long gone.

A brutal reality check awaits.

I watched him bowl throughout the entire PSL and he was bang average. This is why he wasn’t even in the top 10 wicket takers and was out performed by several local pacers who are not even on Pakistan’s radar right now.

Amir did not deserve to return based on his form. His selection was a slap in the face of merit and a reflection of how Pakistan is stuck in the past.

Amir was finished years ago and it is not a surprise that he has had no impact on Pakistan on his return and neither will he until the day he retires again and that day isn’t far off.
In the last match the way Shaheen was getting smashed by Irish batters, I can safely pick Amir over him.

PCB and Pakistani fans are living in the past when it comes to Amir. A past they want to recreate and relive, but those days are long gone.

A brutal reality check awaits.
To be honest I don't know which past? Before his ban he just had one purple patch tour of England. His averages before the England tour were 44 against SL in SL, 44 against NZ in NZ (a place tailor-made for swing bowling), 40 against Australia in Australia.

Bro I do wanna say, I'm not really happy with Amir so far. He's been better then our trash bowlers no doubt but the whole 2017 vibe is gone for good. I wish they had Ali in the squad over this Rauf or hasan Ali.

Imad wasim is a cheetah though. Always has been

Last edited by a moderator:
Bro I do wanna say, I'm not really happy with Amir so far. He's been better then our trash bowlers no doubt but the whole 2017 vibe is gone for good. I wish they had Ali in the squad over this Rauf or hasan Ali.

You're going to be disappointed if what you're expecting is "the whole 2017 vibe". We all know Amir is past that and doesn't have any zip or pace like he used to. But despite that, his pace is still on par with most of the pacers in the circuit and he's there for his championship DNA and experience. That's something you won't find in any other pacer in Pakistan.

He hasn't lit the world up yet in his comeback but I don't ever recall him performing extraordinarily well in bilateral series anyway. These games are just so he warms up a bit before the World Cup, where he should play every game if Babar is even half as smart as he has looked

Amir has looked pretty ordinary so far. His swings seem to be lost and his pace is also down. The only thing saving him from 60 runs in 4 over spell is his experience but still gave away 40+ runs against Ireland which was not good. I hope he finds some sort of rhythm back as he can be crucial for this bowling lineup due to his experience in west indian condieitons.

In the last match the way Shaheen was getting smashed by Irish batters, I can safely pick Amir over him.
Don't let recency bias fool you, Since 2022 Shaheen has averaged 16 with the ball at 7.7 economy.

Amir is averaging 30 in the PSL and 32 for Pakistan since he's returned.

Amir has looked pretty ordinary so far. His swings seem to be lost and his pace is also down. The only thing saving him from 60 runs in 4 over spell is his experience but still gave away 40+ runs against Ireland which was not good. I hope he finds some sort of rhythm back as he can be crucial for this bowling lineup due to his experience in west indian condieitons.
Yet every time he plays Pakistan wins

I don’t know, why is it that Pakistan win the games he features in?
People use to use these arguments for sarfraz back in the day as well.

Any game sarfi, Amir and imad featured in, heck even in the t20 no 1 ranked side any game fakhar or the team featured in it was always

Bro the side was extremely volatile and weak, but somehow we kept winning? Idk man ig its just luck at the end of the day.

But for misbah, Shaheen, Rizwan, Shadab, chacha and Babar basically golden boys it's somehow always endless bad luck.

People use to use these arguments for sarfraz back in the day as well.

Any game sarfi, Amir and imad featured in, heck even in the t20 no 1 ranked side any game fakhar or the team featured in it was always

Bro the side was extremely volatile and weak, but somehow we kept winning? Idk man ig its just luck at the end of the day.

But for misbah, Shaheen, Rizwan, Shadab, chacha and Babar basically golden boys it's somehow always endless bad luck.
It’s because they all had set roles. They worked as a unit. Everyone has their job.

The current lot are definitely more fascinated towards individual accomplishments.

Babar score 50
Rizwan score 50
Shaheen take wicket in first over. Shaheen take 3 wickets

Your success model depends on 2-3 guys achieving something, not a team unit.

These are like unimportant warm ups for Amir, he is doing what he needs to @ 50%. You don’t just floor it the moment you sit in an E46 M3, you let it warm up and you just go for it when the time is right.

But I’ve observed the following whenever Amir is playing:

- The bowler’s are more loose, his presence relieves the others from the extra burden they carry.

- Even though the captain is a numpty, he can use Amir in any situation, from opening, through to the middle overs or the death; Amir’s utility is valuable.

- Amir’s utility/mentality allows other bowlers to pick/choose how they’d like to be used, if somebody is scared or nervy to perform their role, Amir can step in to do their job for them.

- Experience; it’s futile to judge him by numbers alone, he has every trick in the book, if it’s not swinging for him or players are picking him easily, Amir can make the required adjustments.

- While not exactly in his prime, Amir can still bowl quick and has an effort ball in excess off 140+

What coincidence? He plays, your other bowlers have cover. He doesn’t play and you lose. How can it be a coincidence?
Pakistan have played semi final and final in last two editions without him.

I think people are confused

On one hand you want to win.

But on the other hand, you want to win with selected players delivering in specific ways that you like them to deliver.

Sarfaraz had 30 wins out of 37…but Sarfaraz wasn’t good enough to lead Pakistan because in some games he batted after Hassan Ali….

What a bizarre cricket nation with bizarre cricket fans!

A Pakistan win isn’t a Pakistan win if Amir doesn’t get the ball to hoop back in and trap 2 top order bats lbw. And then he doesn’t knock the big hitters or finishers’s poles out.

If Amir doesn’t achieve this but Pakistan win, the win should be chalked off.

I think people are confused

On one hand you want to win.

But on the other hand, you want to win with selected players delivering in specific ways that you like them to deliver.

Sarfaraz had 30 wins out of 37…but Sarfaraz wasn’t good enough to lead Pakistan because in some games he batted after Hassan Ali….

What a bizarre cricket nation with bizarre cricket fans!

Sarfraz had his strengths as captain but one of the best attributes he had was that the guy didn’t really have his own Kliq or select favourites, regardless of personalities, he supported those who were most likely to win a match, that’s what good leadership is rather than sidelining such players because you’re a horrible / cowardly man manager, every top player has a chip on their shoulder. King Kukar has had his favourites and therefore his fans will bend their backs to justify his preferences in the past.

It took Naqvi/PCB management, leading government agents and members of parliament to force King Kukar’s hand and allow a few players to return.

Heck, the bowlers have wanted / needed it for god knows how long. People talk about 2010 and what not but the likes of Shaheen and others, grew up watching Amir, ultimately he is seen as someone who attained a great deal of success, two time ICC champion and he thrilled Pakistani’s not just with his talent but his ability to thrive in the heat and not back down. Pakistani bowlers admire Amir and that’s another added bonus of his return, he doesn’t need the label but the guy is a leader.

and I can safely say that you are backing the wrong horse because all the evidence and overall body of work shows that Shaheen is clearly superior to Amir.

A cheetah who can't run.

Jokes apart, I appreciate the fact that you are open to admitting it that Amir has been ordinary so far. Unfortunately, same cannot be said for some of the others.

A cheetah who can't run.

Jokes apart, I appreciate the fact that you are open to admitting it that Amir has been ordinary so far. Unfortunately, same cannot be said for some of the others.
I'm not happy with Amir atm yes. He hasn't been performing and deserves to be critisized.

As for Imad he's been 100x better then chacha and shadab and these fraudi clowns.

Although Amir is still better then Zaman khan. Pakistan needs to take Ali and mir Hamza. Remove hasan Ali and Rauf.

I'm not happy with Amir atm yes. He hasn't been performing and deserves to be critisized.

As for Imad he's been 100x better then chacha and shadab and these fraudi clowns.

Although Amir is still better then Zaman khan. Pakistan needs to take Ali and mir Hamza. Remove hasan Ali and Rauf.
Amir is fine. He is still reintegrating with this side from a personal pov. He’s very toned down with his own intensity at the moment.

Needs to take the gloves off and show a bit more passion and aggression. He should abuse his fielders for misfields. He should abuse opposition batsmen for taking him lightly. He should just be himself.

Amir is fine. He is still reintegrating with this side from a personal pov. He’s very toned down with his own intensity at the moment.

Needs to take the gloves off and show a bit more passion and aggression. He should abuse his fielders for misfields. He should abuse opposition batsmen for taking him lightly. He should just be himself.
I said Amir is far superior to our trash bowling unit so far in the above comments. I clearly have a bigger issue with maseem who I am extremly angry about because my past comments backed this guy up and now I feel like a failure and a foll for suggesting one day he could be similar to Glenn mcgrath as a bowler due to accurate line and length.

Mir Hamza and Ali for Naseem and rauf/ Hasan ali. Not Amir.

But, I am disappointed with Amir 100%. Atm he's a bowler who's making do due to his intelligence and variation. But that inswing and unplayable stuff he had is gone for good.

I wouldn't mind Amir + Mir Hamza + Ali + Abass afridi( In overs 7-15, not clueless captain death and in PP, what a moron) as the 4 main bowlers.

Shaheen needs more rest to find the rhythm back, he isn't their yet but I want shaheen in the 11 once he's fully fit, he's finding rhythm but I feel like he needs 1 to 2 games and then a rest otherwise I sense an injury soon.

Naseem needs to be dropped FOR NOW, not forever.

Hasan ali and rauf must he wiped off all pcb databases and be shipped off to USA. They don't deserve to ever represent Pakistan.

The numbers may not show it, but Amir has still got it. The pitches in Ireland were rubbish and the ones in Pakistan weren't any better. But in the West Indies, where the pitches will be a little slower, I think we'll get to see much more of Amir's guile and skill on display. Despite everything, he is still a thinking bowler and can be very smart with his bowling, even under pressure situations. And that is not something I can always say for the rest of our bowlers. Even Shaheen can lose the plot if you make him angry enough.

The numbers may not show it, but Amir has still got it. The pitches in Ireland were rubbish and the ones in Pakistan weren't any better. But in the West Indies, where the pitches will be a little slower, I think we'll get to see much more of Amir's guile and skill on display. Despite everything, he is still a thinking bowler and can be very smart with his bowling, even under pressure situations. And that is not something I can always say for the rest of our bowlers. Even Shaheen can lose the plot if you make him angry enough.
On slower wickets yeah, the cutters and slow balls that's why.

But he's lost his swing though.

Brilliant work from Amir in the penultimate over - showing his experience!

Spoiled it all in the super over! Some horrible extras

LOLLLL!! This is the bowler that people here were clamoring for to be in the team. Hahahaha. Getting spanked by minnows. 5 overs 43 runs against US freaking of A.

But but but but but he is mentally strong.

But but but but but but he knows how to keep his cool under pressure.

But but but but but but but but he is smart.

But but but but but but but but he is a tournament player.

:klopp

Real mixed bag. Bowled some cracking yorkers interspersed with absolute rubbish in the super over.

Can’t get over it. He bowled well in the main part. He didn’t even get hit much in the super over. But that many wides is incredulous. And this is not an inexperienced bowler. He’s a bowler who is experienced, with good variations, and even accurate. Never expected Amir to bowl this sort of over in my life. I know we did badly against USA, but I honestly just can’t believe the likes of Amir would produce such an over. I’m shell shocked. Amir would be one of the last bowlers I’d expect to do something like that.

Horrible super over from him, But bad on shaheen from dropping the catch of Jones

just imagine , this joker was not in the team!!! And sitting on TV and saying nonsense!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
18 in a super over vs USA is insane.

Couldn't happen to a worse bloke.

Off you pop back to TV :shh

I’m sure he already regrets taking his retirement back. There was no need for him to expose himself like this.

He was much better off talking on tv and pretending to be an expert.

Don't understand why we can't objectively analyse player performances instead of blind hating.

Amir was the reason why the match went to a super over in the first place. He was our best bowler in the main game.

Amir was also the reason we lost the super over. Seems like he was totally exhausted in the heat and his age showed. Looking at the match, seemed like all the pacers were huffing and puffing after every over. Naseem was the only one who seemed fit for the conditions.

Tbh Pakistan would have lost it well before the super over without Amir .

Without Amir, there was no super over, match would have been over in 19th over. Amir gave Pakistan a chance but Rauf couldn;t grab it.

Watch Amir choke against Ireland and then spectacularly bowl against India.
Shaheen and Amir on that iffy Newyork pitch are going to rattle our top order.

Its hilarious how the other 10 players are being mentioned with small giggles and hand on heart syndrome while the guy that bowled the 19th over and kept Pakistan in the game is being treated as a murderer.

I’m sure he already regrets taking his retirement back. There was no need for him to expose himself like this.

He was much better off talking on tv and pretending to be an expert.

Nah, this is poetic justice.

I was in favour giving him a second chance, but post C2017 he has been bang average.

His attitude and comments as a Pundit makes me question why or how he returned to the International set-up.

18 runs given in the super over, that too against USA? LOL

AMir must be thinking that maybe I should retire once again because it is easier to talk then do something substantial on field. Reality is amir was on the mark in the 19th over but he missed the whole boat in that super over. There was a good and bad both today.

Without Amir, there was no super over, match would have been over in 19th over. Amir gave Pakistan a chance but Rauf couldn;t grab it.
Who asked Amir to concede 19 runs in the Super Over and bowl 4 wides?

What will we achieve by playing Amir a thing of past he is, wasimJr Zaman Khan Muhammad Ali should have been here

He must be regretting come back into the fold, went from supposed hero to zero in a matter of minutes 🤣

The issue for him going forward is a) hes lost his zip and b) his professional integrity will always be under question, bowling 4 wides in a super over doesn't help.

I do not think he is very fit. He was a bit tired bowling that super over right after 19th over.

both amir and haris are crap. haris not finishing the game off doesn't absolve amir of his terrible super over and vice versa with Haris.
The whole team is playing like a club team with no direction or preparation.

Back