[VIDEO] "I never think for a single moment that I won't play for Pakistan again": Imad Wasim

MenInG

PakPassion Administrator
Staff member
Runs
[VIDEO] "I never think for a single moment that I won't play for Pakistan again": Imad Wasim

In this latest YouTube offering from Saj, Imad Wasim chats about not being selected for Pakistan, Pakistan's chances at the T20 World Cup, Pakistan's batting approach in T20Is, his determination to return to international cricket and more.

<iframe width="876" height="493" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/boLJHtwYUgM" title="Saj Sadiq interviews Imad Wasim" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited:
I think he was playing a niche role for Pakistan. Opening the bowling and finishing the games.

The problem with Imad was his utility was limited. Nawaz and Shadab are wicket takers, while also providing some level of control in the middle overs. While Imad was only decent with the new ball, while struggling in the middle overs.

As a batsman he is miles better than the jokers we have in the middle-order right now :facepalm:

He has no place in the team atm

He can be in the squad though instead of Qadir.

I mean if God forbid shadab or nawaz gets injured would you rather Qadir replace them or Imad.

Im not sure if he would have agreed to be a drinks carrier though.

Pathetic he is not in the squad. He is better than the likes of Khushdil and Iftikhar as a batsman. He can make it in the 11 as a batsman alone. He has finished some important games for us, world cup game against Afghanistan comes to mind where he saved us from embarrassment. As a bowler also he is handy. A spin trio of Nawaz, Shadab and Imad would be great for subcontinent and UAE.

T20I Bowling stats Batting stats

Matches Wickets Ave Econ Ave SR

Imad Wasim: 58 55 23.49 6.33 13.03 143.64
Nawaz: 45 42 25.38 7.26 15.05 124.88
Shadab: 74 85 21.8 7.09 18.50 139.09

Source: cricinfo

Shadab clearly in front but Imad's economy and SR is good.

Sorry, the formatting didn't come out as planned.

Last edited:
Now that Nawaz has cemented his spot, I don't know if he has a permanent spot.

Shadab and Nawaz should be the first choices.

Imad can replace Ifti probably.

Well start thinking about it. An average cricketer who thinks he’s a superstar. I hope we never see him play for Pakistan again.

If he can improve with the bat could have him bat at 5/6 instead of Khushdil/iftikhar
Could basically play a middle order of all rounders:

Babar
Rizwan
Fakhar/Shan
Shadab
Haider
Imad
Nawaz
Asif
Shaheen
Rauf
Naseem/Hasnain

What a comment. I had to login after years to respond to that....
Soo you are saying Usman Qadir (son of Abdul Qadir) should play ahead of Imad Wasim (parchi)..
Lets sit back and enjoy the genius of this comment everyone. Wow. .

Look at the moment in my opinion he should be in the Pakistan squad ahead of Usman Qadir.

Nawaz has done very well and deserves his chance, but surely Imad is a better bowler and batter than Usman Qadir in T20Is.

i hate conspiracy theories but surely there is something else in imad case .It doesn't seem he is drop solely on performance.Recently heard rumour he is leaving karachi king franchise .His relationship with cheif selector also seems very sour

i hate conspiracy theories but surely there is something else in imad case .It doesn't seem he is drop solely on performance.Recently heard rumour he is leaving karachi king franchise .His relationship with cheif selector also seems very sour

Babar controls Pakistan Cricket team right now, more than the chief selector it is Babar who calls the shots and he does not want Imad Wasim in the team for whatever reasons, these two players barely spoke to each other in the PSL while playing for Karachi Kings. Imad probably feels slighted by how he was treated by Karachi Kings.

Imad needs to provide more output as a batsman. I would like him to start batting up the order in domestic cricket and the leagues to strengthen his case.

What a comment. I had to login after years to respond to that....
Soo you are saying Usman Qadir (son of Abdul Qadir) should play ahead of Imad Wasim (parchi)..
Lets sit back and enjoy the genius of this comment everyone. Wow. .

I genuinely laughed that it got you to log back in :))

Look at the moment in my opinion he should be in the Pakistan squad ahead of Usman Qadir.

Nawaz has done very well and deserves his chance, but surely Imad is a better bowler and batter than Usman Qadir in T20Is.

Imad is a better bowler than Qadir and a better batter than Khusdil. A no brainer!

His problem is that he is already 33. Does he really have a future with Pakistan anymore? Nawaz has also essentially replaced him by doing most of the things that he did.

If we had him playing today, he would've put pressure on Babar to let him open in the PP. Imad is a utility cricketer but don't think Babar can get the best out of him.

When Nawaz played that inning against India i thought he is way way better than Imad. But it seems that inning of Nawaz was fluke. He got many opportunity after that inning to bat higher but he failed to produce any good performance. Now I'm convinced Imad is a better batsman than Nawaz and better overall

Won’t be missed at all, guy took the M Amir route… the egoistic approach considering he’s just a bits n pieces cricketer🤦🏽*♂️ Nawaz is way better & humble too , anyway hope we play 4 pacers & Shadab with Chacha & Fakhar chipping in with an over or 2 if needed

Imad was with Pakistan in Dubai in the previous T20 WC - not sure how badly he would have performed to be out of the squad about a year later?

Imad was with Pakistan in Dubai in the previous T20 WC - not sure how badly he would have performed to be out of the squad about a year later?

Maybe his interpersonal communication performance with the captain and the chief selector was not up to mark. He can also work on his fielding a bit tbh. I prefer him over Chacha, but I don't know how effective he would have been bowling in the middle overs in Australia.

Dil behlane ke liye yeh khayal acha hai Ghalib!:inzi2 I don't ever envisage Imad representing Pak again. Simply not good enough, period.

Waqar Younis on a TV show:

“He (Imad Wasim) was off-the-boil. You need to respect the first-class cricket. If you go around the world and play other leagues, you are basically not respecting your first-class cricket. Those who are performing in local tournaments should be considered. Selectors were very clear about it"

Waqar Younis on a TV show:

“He (Imad Wasim) was off-the-boil. You need to respect the first-class cricket. If you go around the world and play other leagues, you are basically not respecting your first-class cricket. Those who are performing in local tournaments should be considered. Selectors were very clear about it"

Maybe Imad could have delivered a delivery which moves left or right if he did, atm it only goes straight. He would get smashed to bits internationally

It’s either Imad or Nawaz and Nawaz has become more dynamic

most over rated cricketer ever. And than he has the attitude of being some star. A nothing cricketer with a huge ego as if he was wronged.

You were lucky to play for Pakistan with the pathetic bowling you had.

Im glad he not only got dropped but the captaincy of KK was taken away from him. THis guy thinks he should had been captain of Pakistan and had issues with Shadab aswell because Shadab had been elevated as captain.

If you watch training vids, Imad Waseem would often have issues

He is friend with the toxic Amir so no surprises

most over rated cricketer ever. And than he has the attitude of being some star. A nothing cricketer with a huge ego as if he was wronged.

You were lucky to play for Pakistan with the pathetic bowling you had.

Im glad he not only got dropped but the captaincy of KK was taken away from him. THis guy thinks he should had been captain of Pakistan and had issues with Shadab aswell because Shadab had been elevated as captain.

If you watch training vids, Imad Waseem would often have issues

He is friend with the toxic Amir so no surprises
True I remember the 4th over in last years semi Warner took him to the cleaners gave aus all the momentum.. Hassan Ali gets remembered for the drop catch but Imad was equally dreadful.

What a waste not to pick Imad. Our new bowl battery leaks 20 runs every power play every match which Imad used to keep in check. He was also a very useful gutsy batter.

What a waste not to pick Imad. Our new bowl battery leaks 20 runs every power play every match which Imad used to keep in check. He was also a very useful gutsy batter.

Said this before the world cup he should have atleast been in the 15.

Lol Imad having a go at the team management and the captain. This WC has exposed a lot of players and ex players devoid of character.

Said this before the world cup he should have atleast been in the 15.

This is the one of the biggest black marks on Babar and M. Wasim for me.

Imad is a gun t20 player imo but even if you don't think that highly of him, he's definitely more valuable than Usman Qadir.

Admittedly it's pretty obvious that Imad is an unlikeable character but it was a really disappointing call that personal likes & dislikes got made a priority over what is best for the team.

This legend deserves a lot of credit for being honest

He did the right thing by keeping Rizwan out of the KK side because he wasn’t going to unbalance his side that won the Championship that season!

Respect to you brother.

Imad Wasim at the BPL

1/27 in 4 overs today for Sylhet vs Barishal

Last edited:
he thought his English would make him the captain, his bowling is not gonna be enough but instead if he concenterated little more on his batting , he could have easily become undroppable...

He had great chances to showcase his batting talent but failed..

1/29 in 4 overs for Imad for Sylhet Strikers against n the Comilla Victorians today

Better from Imad in the bowling department - taking 2/24 in 4 overs, not that great with the bat - just 1.

he thought his English would make him the captain, his bowling is not gonna be enough but instead if he concenterated little more on his batting , he could have easily become undroppable...

Last I checked, he averaged 43 with a SR of 110 in ODIs and had a SR of 143 in T20Is. Not sure what else your expectation is from a player who bats at No.7 in ODIs and No.8 in T20s.

I believe Imad was dropped from the t20 team by Babar due to non cricketing reasons. Everyone knows the two have a strained relationship. Babar wanted a harmonious dressing room which, to be fair, he seems to have.

So instead we have the slightly inferior player in Nawaz. He is still yet to really make his place unquestionable in either white ball side, and it was clear from the WC that Babar doesn't fully trust him.

I believe Imad was dropped from the t20 team by Babar due to non cricketing reasons. Everyone knows the two have a strained relationship. Babar wanted a harmonious dressing room which, to be fair, he seems to have.

So instead we have the slightly inferior player in Nawaz. He is still yet to really make his place unquestionable in either white ball side, and it was clear from the WC that Babar doesn't fully trust him.

Nope. Go look at his bowling numbers in the last few years. He dropped off big time last few years and the big drop off came as a result of not bowling in UAE anymore. He was useless on these Pakistani pitches and they have Nawaz who does the same role as him but is younger, better bowler & fitter.

His role in T20 is also diminished as Shaheen & Naseem bowl with the new ball which was Imad's best skill.

Last I checked, he averaged 43 with a SR of 110 in ODIs and had a SR of 143 in T20Is. Not sure what else your expectation is from a player who bats at No.7 in ODIs and No.8 in T20s.

He doesn't move himself up the order for his psl side and that is his big issue

Afridi wasn't a dart bowler, more of flight bowler but not enough spin and maybe a little too slow.

Afridi was a fast bowler, and he had a run up before delivering. He used to flight the ball with his run up. It is kinda like Rashid Khan now.

"slightly inferior player", Nawaz is a better bowler, better batsman and a better fielder out if the two.

The only thing Nawaz is inferior to Imad is his communication skills.

"slightly inferior player", Nawaz is a better bowler, better batsman and a better fielder out if the two.

The only thing Nawaz is inferior to Imad is his communication skills.

Imad is a far better striker of the ball than Nawaz.

Back