[VIDEO] Saj: "Pakistan cricket is like that relationship you want to end but you just can't walk away from"

MenInG

PakPassion Administrator
Staff member
Runs
Saj in his latest video comment on the Pakistan v New Zealand game which has seen Babar Azam's men get a new lease of life at the ICC World Cup 2023:

In summary:

Was it right to play 4 pacers? Mohammad Wasim jr blossoming and improving with each match. Rachin Ravindra and Kane Williamson's brilliance. Incredible hitting by Fakhar Zaman and what he gives the Pakistan team. Should Fakhar Zaman have played earlier in the tournament if they could risk him? Pakistan controlled the run-chase when it came to DLS. The unpredictability of Pakistan cricket. Can Pakistan qualify for the semi-finals?

Last edited:
First time I disagree with you saj on the analogy bit i agree with every other point and analysis made in the video, Pakistan is more like the you know a prettier hotter waifu exists but you keep sticking to the abusive one instead.

We have players. Talent doesn't naturally exist, it is cultivated and blossomed over time like a flower.

That'll only happen if we play fearless cricket and fearless players like saim ayub, fakhar shpuld be our waifu's. These players play for the team and for their country, not caring about nonsense ranks

Pakistan is too obsessed with self obessed players who act like their no 1.

You gotta choose a relationship in which the partner loves you back, continue to love people like Babar and he'll continue to love himself further and not give back to the ones who were their from the start.

So I disagree with your analogy, I do however agree with every other point you've made in your video. Solid analysis

In the words of Michael Corleone, they find a way to pull you back in.

Pakistan is a toxic relationship at best.

It's not toxic, it's toxic because of a few individuals.

True fans know what they want.

I hope pak and aus meets in final though. I'm rooting for pak as my no 3 after aus and NZ but I don't think mz will qualify.

Sri lanka game will get rained off, its a day and night match amd the conditons are even worse them pak vs mz conditoms.

1St innings will be rained off

To be honest, Pakistan does not deserve to be playing the semi finals. Afghanistan deserve it more than them. The Afghans have been playing better cricket than Pakistan throughout this tournament.

To be honest, Pakistan does not deserve to be playing the semi finals. Afghanistan deserve it more than them. The Afghans have been playing better cricket than Pakistan throughout this tournament.

Its more about love for Pakistan which drives a lot of sentiment on this forum. Which team deserves to be in the Semis? Its the one with the right number of points and NRR. Rest is just hope and love for the team.

Who ever is in the top 4, deserves to be there. Dont get this non sense of who deserve it or not.

To be honest, I didn't mind the idea of going with four pacers. Ifti, though a makeshift spinner, has been our best spinner by far this World Cup. With Nawaz and Mir performing poorly, I felt we didn't have much to lose by going with Hasan Ali. Especially in Bengaluru, where the square boundaries are so small that any half-tracker or full toss from Nawaz or Mir could easily be hit for six.

Last time Mir played there, he went at 9.11 runs per over. And I'm not saying that Hasan Ali is a good replacement; he did go for plenty after all, all I am saying is that we had nothing to lose playing him compared to Mir.

True fans know what they want.
True fans are also allowed to criticise.

Sadly these days too many people jump on the support the players at all costs bandwagon. No that is wrong, if players deserve criticism then they should be criticised - it's always been the case and should be the case.

The lows are very low but the highs are so incredibly high. I find myself gravitating towards those types of teams and players in every sport.

Sometimes you don’t have to be the best team in a particular sport to win a trophy, you end up mostly where you deserve to be and even the best teams need a bit of luck here and there

Can't think of any fans, where so many would still think they have a chance of qualifying for the semi-finals :)

Can't think of any fans, where so many would still think they have a chance of qualifying for the semi-finals :)

In sport, it’s always the hope that kills!

Back