[VIDEOS] Fawad Alam admirers : Is this what you like about him?

ascher

Local Club Regular
Runs
The guy is all at sea against spin, reminds me how we as kids use to struggle against the spin!

Seen him struggle big time in Nz when the bowl was seeming and swinging

Looks ugly against the spin as well!

Can't believe some people actually think that he would prosper in Test cricket!:)))

Btw, I am solely talking about his technique and don't care even if he goes on to hit a good for nothing century in this good for nothing Format!

Malik would have been better . . . .

get a life man...hes not even a t20 player....he deserves to be in the test squad

IMO he is not cut out for T20 cricket and ends up trying too hard, i think his best format would be ODIs.

He's playing a T20 in which he needs to try and score very quickly. He's a proper batman, perfect for tests and ODIs. T20s are not, and will never be, a judge of a good player.

Not gonna write him off or anything, but one thing is for sure, this guy certainly doesn't live up to the hype.

Malik would have been better . . . .

As much as I hate Malik but with this technique I think malik could play well than him even with his eyes shut!

Any one would have been better than this guy! :)))

Last edited by a moderator:
he's playing a t20 in which he needs to try and score very quickly. He's a proper batman, perfect for tests and odis. T20s are not, and will never be, a judge of a good player.

+1

Give him some time, his inning has been full of comedy but he keeps scoring this way and he deserves long run based on his performances at domestic level.

Didn't he score 168 in Sri Lanka, the home of spinners? Its a slow and difficult wicket with quite a bit of turn.

Another brilliant thread by ascher.

Imagine him in a test against spin. I've said it before and I'll say it now, him and shazaib who branded saviours are two of the most overrated batsmen I've ever seen. One century against Sri Lanka and he's a top batsmen. He was all at sea against pace, swing and bounce in NZ/Aus and he's been a at sea against spin. Can't even manouvere the ball, useless!

As much as I hate Malik but with this technique I think malik could play well than him even with his eyes shut!

Any one would have been better than this tiny little hyped up midget from Karachi and Afridi's good book ! :)))
You are just a hater arnt you! The guy got more heart and technique then alot of players who are playing in Test matches now a days. Thanks PCB for selecting him for T20 and not Tests.

Malik would be better for T20 over him (agreed), but Malik has so much more baggage that goes along with him that you dont need that kind of mess around.

Don`t rate him one ayota - @ascher - you`ll get ripped by the fawad fans for creating this thread.....

Didn't he score 168 in Sri Lanka, the home of spinners? Its a slow and difficult wicket with quite a bit of turn.

He is the king of epic fail threads, remember that thread he created about Afridi in Asia cup?

Kab tak us once in a blue moon "ajobay" ko peet tay raho gay fawad kay deewano?

Fawad's Fans = Denial Brigade! :)))

Some really fickle fans here. He's a test player so judge him after that.

Kab tak us once in a blue moon "ajobay" ko peet tay raho gay fawad kay deewano?

Fawad's Fans = Denial Brigade! :)))

Who said I am a Fawad fan? Your the typical type of Pakistani who reads anything or sees anything and believes it but next day will have his opinion changed.

Fawad wouldn't be in my T20 team anyways, but I know enough he can be a decent one day option.

He has just officially played the worst t20 inns in the history of the game - take a bow fawad bhai.

Who said I am a Fawad fan? Your the typical type of Pakistani who reads anything or sees anything and believes it but next day will have his opinion changed.

Fawad wouldn't be in my T20 team anyways, but I know enough he can be a decent one day option.

Well said Amir.

NEVER will he be a T20 player.. good test player.. but how the hell he can ever be in a T20 squad is a joke..

He is a proper test batsman. DO you understand what that is? Or have you completely forgotten what test batsmen are?

He is the king of epic fail threads, remember that thread he created about Afridi in Asia cup?

go and check, Just last night I came up with one of the most outstandingly successful thread where all the Denial Brigade were first ridiculing my predictions and later took a bow !

Also, even if Fawad goes on to make a decent score here, the faults in his technique would still be there for every one to see !

So in short, this thread can never fail ;)

Someone with some sense. I'm not sure how everyone forgot Fawad's odi and Test performances. Too many fickle wrist slitters on this site.

I havent seen a player having an uglier style of batting compared to fawad alam

One innings in a tough circumstance. I agree I think he may be better in tests where he can just bat naturally.

This is for all fawad fans from cricinfo

Yardy to Fawad Alam, OUT, finally the torture is over, it's been a truly awful innings and England may be disappointed to see him go, shortish ball that he ends up chipping back off the leading edge to gift Yardy a wicket. Big roar from the crowd it's BoomBoom time!
:))):)))

Last edited:
Fawad Alam should not play T20's. Should stick it to ODI's. Hope they let him play ODI's even though he has a bad T20 series. We do not have a choice though only 13 players in the squad. But some of you got to chill down. It is only one innings. And he is not the only player in the world who has had a really awful T20 innings...

Remember this?
http://www.google.no/m/url?ei=wbKDT...twIwBQ&usg=AFQjCNG_FYDtJcvHDgGghOX10OF-K6rFdQ

It was one terrible inning...

though the irony is that his pea-sized brain fans think that it is due to t-20 and not his technique that he is struggling and that he would be good in test with this technique 0(especially on the fourth and fifth day of the match when the spinning ball is all over the place )

Ya mere Allah tuu aisay namonay pakistan mai hi kyoon paida kart hay

pehlay Afridi Brigade , phir Denial Brigade, ab fawad brigade !:)))

Ya Allah humay apnay azab se bacha!:))):)))

Last edited:
what a poor T20 pitch but we have not batted well either about 15 runs short

I hadn't seen him play before today, but it was a really really bad innings. dreadful.

it was probably one of the worst innings in T20s. Couldn't even get a single boundary lol.

Very ugly innings but let him have a proper and consistent run before we start talking about axing him or being too judgemental after 1 innings in the series!

though the irony is that his pea-sized brain fans think that it is due to t-20 and not his technique that he is struggling and that he would be good in test with this technique 0(especially on the fourth and fifth day of the match when the spinning ball is all over the place )

You're the pea brain fasrt of a human being!! Scum comes to mind when Reading your ridiculous rants!!

He can only play ODIs, but our selectors will drop him from ODIs. He can't play T20s at all.

I just don't understand how you can judge someone based on a T20 innings. I'm not saying his technique is perfect, but he averages over 40 in ODIs and Tests, and scored over 160 on debut. He deserves more chances than he's getting.

joins the rapidly increasing list of mediocre batsman to have 'graced' the team

Fawad is the biggest crap on the team, he slowed the scoring, broke the momentum and to be honest, he's been the main reason why we didnt get a decent score on the board

every time fawad alam plays he has to justify his place. Unlike farhat malik and the akmal brothers alam does not have contacts with politicians, selectors or bookies.

In the past Alam has played fast innings. His 120 Sr does not exist by accident. Give the guy a break.

Cririsizing any player is very easy, in fact it is the most easiest thing one can do.

Do anyone of you have anyother player(at domestic level) in mind who is better than Fawad?
Don't tell me you want to bring tried & tested failures like Misbah or Malik.

Look at the thsi way? Win or loose atleast thsi time we know that these player are honest and NOT cheaters.

take is easy there buddy. The entire team flopped in this game so why are you only holding fawad responsible?
Secondly, he hadn't played an international game since a very long time....give him some time and he'll prove why he's needed in the team.

He was never a T20 player but for some reason he keeps getting picked for this format. Maybe the selectors are placing bets whether he will be in the side despite all odds?

i felt like throwing my remote on to the screen when Fawad was batting..

i want to replace all my hatred comment's on different thread against malik , with fwad Alam ,

Can i do this Mod?

This chap is ugly to watch

Fawad is the biggest crap on the team, he slowed the scoring, broke the momentum and to be honest, he's been the main reason why we didnt get a decent score on the board

yes you're so right, that's why the captain who has a strike rate of over 140 could only manage run a ball!!

Sorry buddy, you too are a complete numpty!!

Oi numpty!!

There are better batsmans playing in domestic then this fawad alam.
He is mixing cricket with hockey hahahha

Rubbish, every1 struggled not just him

And anyway t20 is not his game, he should be playing in longer formats instead

he is more suited to test cricket. cant score fast enough.

Both shahzaib and Fawad are the product of hype created by our karachi based media, who despite being a city and very ordinary in producing good cricket talent (even by pakistan standard) always try to compete with (much more talented) whole province of punjab and indirectly our team suffers!

Fawad Alam = Hirithik roshan of Karachi sports media!

case closed!

hmmm I'm all for fawad in being the team. but it was an awful innings.
i just don't see where he should play in the team.
he averages 40 in odi's we all know he can bat !

I like him, I think he has potential as a t20 player but this innings he played terribly. Didnt look like he knew how to use a bat

One match and we all start forming opinions <_<
Way to go sarcasm

Not a good day to judge a player

(i) Difficult pitch (He ended facing their best bowler Swann for the majority)
(ii) Huge outfield
(iii) Pathetically slow outfield

LOL! Dude you are messed up. Judging ANY player after one (or even a few) T20 matches is ridiculous. I think it's fair to say that you don't know what the hell you're talking about or you're just one of the many wrist slitters lurking around PP waiting for an opportunity to pounce.

:quote:
Both shahzaib and Fawad are the product of hype created by our karachi based media, who despite being a city and very ordinary in producing good cricket talent (even by pakistan standard) always try to compete with (much more talented) whole province of punjab and indirectly our team suffers!

Fawad Alam = Hirithik roshan of Karachi sports media!

case closed!

:)))

T20 was NOT his format. I dont know why the hell Afridi sent him ahead of himself and Razzaq. Should've employed the tactics used in T20 09, where Fawad's job was just fielding and nothing else.....

Fawad should play ODIs, no reason to screw him up in T20s, as much as Fawad fans want, it just isn't his format.

I was really looking forward to see Fawad's performance in this match but, my oh my!
what the hell was THAT? :eek:

He'll make even the tailenders look decent batsmen with that show. That innings was nothing short of a torture and I just wonder why in the world yYrdy took that catch. If I would've been collingwood, my instructions to the team would be to keep this man on strike as much as possible!

Any one knows what he was complaining about while going off?

I'm all in favor of giving the guy a break and not judging him based on just one performance. What really made me boil was the WAY this guy batted.

I mean, the shots he played were just awful. Sweeping balls from outside off. Cutting balls into the pitch. Flicking balls from outside off back to the BOWLER! He didn't even look like a batsman out there. Oh and the bat throwing was just the cherry on the cake!

Last edited:
Look at the Fawad haters looking at any sh1tty oppurtunity to take a bash...

Have we not said here many times before that Fawad is not a T20 player and should be in the ODIs and Tests Only ???

If hes not a T20 player then why is he sent ahead of Umar Akmal and Afridi and Razzaq in the 7th over ??? Is that Fawads fault ??

Did the other boom boom Heavy Hard hitting batsmen set the scoreboard alight ?? Who was clearing boundaries with ease ??

Did you see the amount the ball was turning in those middle overs, he had to put up with Swann and Yardy...

Yeah exactly stop chatting sh1te please and judging the dude on a 20 over match in which he should not really be paying !!

I like him, I think he has potential as a t20 player but this innings he played terribly. Didnt look like he knew how to use a bat

Umar and even Afridi didnt look a lot better - and those guys are world class T20 players so it tells me the conditions for batting cant have been easy

BUT the haters will hate cos its what they like doing

Dont write him off completely. I still remember this innings. He played terrible for today thats a given but I feel he has potential

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/5Cr6KQ1zsdM?fs=1&hl=en_GB"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/5Cr6KQ1zsdM?fs=1&hl=en_GB" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

I don't think only Fawad is to blame... when the spinners came on everyone struggled to score. Even Moyo who was the best batsman today, threw his wicket away as soon as Swan came on. The boundaries also look very big, will be interesting to see how many England hit.

smh newbies dont even know his background.
He is a good T20 player. The kid won almost all of awards in the domestic T20 series back in 2007 i think... so he does have potential. We just need to be persistent with him..

Why was he running his mouth when he finally -unfortunately for England- got out?

Back