[VIDEOS] How does Virat Kohli get away with these sorts of performances?

yaar, i am Punjab kings fan .. so I hardly enjoy IPL live on TV :p
I would say let Jaiswal open with Rohit, then kohli, Pant, Sky, Pandya, axar, Arshdeep, siraj and Bumrah.
What has Shivam dube done so far in his tournament?
Yashasvi Jaiswal
Riyan Parag / Abhishek Sharma
SKY
Rinku
Dube
Pant
Axar
Pandya
Harshit rana
Bumrah
Arshdeep

Yashasvi Jaiswal
Riyan Parag / Abhishek Sharma
SKY
Rinku
Dube
Pant
Axar
Pandya
Harshit rana
Bumrah
Arshdeep
Yaar, I dont understand what does Dube bring to the table. with so many chances given to him. He has only spanked Afghanistan in a couple of innings on flat tracks of India. He doesnt seem suited at international level at all and is a Kedar Jadhav level bits and pieces liability in the middle.

Don't know about Harshit Rana and dont trust Arshdeep against big teams.

How is that related to this tournament?

So you are saying Indian fans will say oh well Kohli is so good and yeah its fine he couldn't win us this tournament?
Your question was how can kohli get away with such knocks. And I answered based of actual past reputation. He's not getting away it. Indian fans want him gone atm, however whoever will give kohli sympathy will do so based of past performances.

Whereas with babar and rizwan to give them sympathy, one needs to clutch at straws and dig very very deep and find a handful of knocks such as rizwan 131 against Sri Lanka or babar's 101 against NZ. However that's usually overshadowed by these 2 being the 2 worst tournament openers of all time.

Kohli has no such based Feat, he's had bad knocks and poor form in some series over the years but the title of worst will never belong to him.

But why the farewell has to be in a World Cup on the expense of a trophy?
Who said this is a farewell? Teams don’t go into a World Cup giving out farewells. They included Kohli due to his match winning abilities, not as a farewell tour!

Got it!
I try to ignore posts from certain posters who either are trying to incite, are obviously trolling, are proven haters, or have no knowledge of cricket in my opinion and peddle opinions as facts. It’s a waste of time trying to fight a losing battle given I don’t like mud much lol.

if Indian team is coming to CT 2025-held in Pakistan , Would you like to see Virat Kohli and Rohit Sharma in the squad or no?

Thats exactly why Virat Kohli is playing a WT20 being held in United States of America. He is one of the most followed athletes in the world and has a machinery that rivals some of worlds biggest music stars and celebrities.

Now cricketing answer: he shouldn’t be playing in the WT20 as he is past his prime in this format and apart from blind fan boys and fan girls most would agree with that. He will retire from T20 international after this anyways.

there are always some cricketers who get that superstar leeway and long rope? Why is this so surprising. I can think of 10 examples on the top of my head.

No way there is a comparison of overall cricketing stature/ standing of Virat Kohli-Rohit Sharma with Babar- Rizwan happening here?

if Indian team is coming to CT 2025-held in Pakistan , Would you like to see Virat Kohli and Rohit Sharma in the squad or no?

Thats exactly why Virat Kohli is playing a WT20 being held in United States of America. He is one of the most followed athletes in the world and has a machinery that rivals some of worlds biggest music stars and celebrities.

Now cricketing answer: he shouldn’t be playing in the WT20 as he is past his prime in this format and apart from blind fan boys and fan girls most would agree with that. He will retire from T20 international after this anyways.

there are always some cricketers who get that superstar leeway and long rope? Why is this so surprising. I can think of 10 examples on the top of my head.

No way there is a comparison of overall cricketing stature/ standing of Virat Kohli-Rohit Sharma with Babar- Rizwan happening here?
The fan in me will like to see Kohli play in the Olympics and end with Gold and hang the boots. A distant dream :D

If CT is a t20 like rumors suggest then no.

If its an odi, Then kohli should be no 3 as he's still a gun odi player but rohit should take his retirement. He'll be 38 and I could clearly tell his reactions have decreased drastically. 2023 PP exploits is probs the last we'll ever see rohit play well. He'd done now.

Worry about our team instead of neighbors. We got booted in first round and pak team is scared to even return home for their own safety. So before u go poke our neighbors (who are doing amazingly well)… pick a team youngsters and drop the losers. People like you went gaga over babar and rizwan before beating Z teams and absolute minnows.

The man has earned it. He was ruthlessly consistent from 2011 to 2019 where he won India so many big games singlehandedly.

Covid and becoming a father, married man took away the drive he had at his peak. Father time catches up to all of us. There was no way he was going to consistently maintain the same form, standards he exhibited in his early 20's to early 30's. You should watch the final years of many previous greats i.e. Sachin Tendulkar, Brian Lara, Viv Richards, Ricky Ponting, Javed Miandad e.t.c, they were very average in their final 2-3 years of their careers especially when they chose to carryon playing in their late 30's.

This is his last T-20 WC for India and if he wants to play the 2027 ODI WC at the age of 39 then he will have to change his role in the team i.e. the man who will anchor the innings and everyone else will attack around him.

I watch cricket since 1997. I got into cricket due to Shahid Afridi. He used to manhandle Indian bowlers back in the days.

I saw all World T20s. Kohli isn't the best batter. Not even close.

Marlon Samuels wipes the floor with Kohli when it comes to T20 impact. Check highlights of 2012 World T20 final and 2016 World T20 semi-final.

Shahid Afridi avgs around 25 in ODIs vs India.

2016 World T20 Semi final, Samuels made 8.

Last edited by a moderator:
This fan culture doesnt make any sense to me. At the end of the day , its about Ind, your country. Kohli and others are fortunate to have played for Ind for this long. Ind doesnt owe anything to him - he should be grateful for the opportunity. Jeez - out of 1.5 billion people, you are in the fortunate 11 to represent Ind. Just imagine the odds ! There are 10s if not 100s waiting and lining up to play for Ind and would never even get a chance. So this fan worship culture, farewell nonsense needs to be in the garbage. All I care about is whether the Ind team is playing well or not . ( But obviously any USA-Ind match, want USA to beat IND :) ! )

This t20wc has been an anomaly for Kohli due to the NY pitches. He tried to hit out on the NY pitches like in IPL when he should've played like his old self i.e cautiously at first.

Kohli is in the team due to his past t20wc exploits and tried to reinvent his game towards the latter half of the IPL. But these pitches are different. He will need to adapt to the various types of pitches in West Indies. Some are flat, others like in Guyana where the semi finals are spin friendly.

The man has earned it. He was ruthlessly consistent from 2011 to 2019 where he won India so many big games singlehandedly.

Covid and becoming a father, married man took away the drive he had at his peak. Father time catches up to all of us. There was no way he was going to consistently maintain the same form, standards he exhibited in his early 20's to early 30's. You should watch the final years of many previous greats i.e. Sachin Tendulkar, Brian Lara, Viv Richards, Ricky Ponting, Javed Miandad e.t.c, they were very average in their final 2-3 years of their careers especially when they chose to carryon playing in their late 30's.

This is his last T-20 WC for India and if he wants to play the 2027 ODI WC at the age of 39 then he will have to change his role in the team i.e. the man who will anchor the innings and everyone else will attack around him.
Has he been India's best t20 batsman? - Yes.
Is he India's GOAT odi batsman? Yes.
Did he earn a spot as an opener in the team? No
Just because you did well earlier doesn't mean you warrant a place in a format that is not suited for you in current times.

Kohli is trying to play a game that is needed in this format but not capable of. His intentions are right, try to be impactful from the get go. His execution isn't there because he has never been that kind of player.

Yaar, I dont understand what does Dube bring to the table. with so many chances given to him.
Don't know about Harshit Rana and dont trust Arshdeep against big teams.
We should try out nitish kumar as he is one more promising fast bowling all rounder and quite young.We should try out mayank in place of arshdeep. We cam try kuldeep Sen,karthik tyagi etc. Under dravid all fast bowers are in sleep mode other than mukesh,avesh,harshit patel

another run-a-ball inning that will be called a failure. So far, Kohli has failed in the whole torunament. Maybe he is saving his best for the big games? NO?

another run-a-ball inning that will be called a failure. So far, Kohli has failed in the whole torunament. Maybe he is saving his best for the big games? NO?
He is trying to play the role he played for RCB when everyone criticized him for strike rate. On these tacky surfaces you can't do that. Ball sticks in the surface and holds at times. I always knew this experiment would be a disaster. Basically waste of a wicket even before the match starts.

Biggest Brand value in India, how come BCCI drop him its like Vince & Undertaker , Kohli is important for the business no matter if performance dips occasionally a classy six over mid off will ease things

Biggest Brand value in India, how come BCCI drop him its like Vince & Undertaker , Kohli is important for the business no matter if performance dips occasionally a classy six over mid off will ease things
I don't think enough fans grasp how huge Kohli is for branding/marketing purposes, not just in India but outside of it aswell. No one even comes close when it comes to star power. For a World Cup in the U.S, I don't know what ICC would have done if India hadn't selected him in their World Cup squad.

That said, he is basically playing on reputation in this T20 team.

Babar and Rizwan are minnow level batsmen, in fact whole Pak team is minnow level. Comparing them with Kohli is a joke. Only Pak fans think they are any good.

I don't know why people are going to extremes... Smartness is what's needed.. Someone at the top of this page has suggested a team (non-Kohli team) and he is forced to select a man like Dube! Comeon... Kohli can surely be in the team and bat at No.4 or 5 even in T20s and he can be effective! He should not be in Top 3. Batting at 4 or 5 he can still do a mini-anchor role in T20s where at least he can rotate strike and run 2s (in big grounds like Australia) or play ground shots - 4s (in India), he can still be effective and this would help the batsman at the other end play freely... And he should field only in the deep and not inside the circle/slips dropping dollies... In the deep he is currenly the best fielder in the world where he can stop the ball & throw quickly even with wet outfield... (he can still drop high catches though)

There are two problems in this Kohli ego... 1) He is not ready to drop down in the batting order 2) He keeps similar senior duds in the team (like Rohit, Rahul, DK, etc) to make people feel that he is still superior in the team... Once he becomes a proper team man in the team understanding his role, then everything will fall in place... If players don't let this ego go, then authorities (selectors) should take bold step and drop them... But this corporate/business minded management (who is more interested in making money rather than team winning) and selfish-ego in cricketers will continue to keep true cricket fans in agony! Another SF/Finals humiliation coming up! Get ready!

How is India winning without contributions from Rohit, Kohli, and selecting average players like Dube is the bigger question.

A robust system is always superior to the messiah approach.

He has been a sub par T20 batter for 4 years or so now.

He gets away with it in the eyes of his purblind fans , no one else.

How is India winning without contributions from Rohit, Kohli, and selecting average players like Dube is the bigger question.

I'm pretty sure Jay Shah himself could have done a better job than Dube Maharaj.

He has been a sub par T20 batter for 4 years or so now.

He gets away with it in the eyes of his purblind fans , no one else.
Kohli is cursed by the weight of his on superiority.
He didnt play a T20I in 2023 and for 2021 and 2022 has an average of 60+ with SR of 135+.
1718959381445.png
A subpar T20 batsman. Really???
India hasn't won an ICC tournament and people are just being critical of him anytime and every time he failed.
Among the top scorers for last 2 IPLs .
People won't quiet down till he scores match winning 100s in ICC finals!
A calm focused Kohli with aggressive support team is what's needed for winning.

Kohli is cursed by the weight of his on superiority.
He didnt play a T20I in 2023 and for 2021 and 2022 has an average of 60+ with SR of 135+.
View attachment 144651
A subpar T20 batsman. Really???
India hasn't won an ICC tournament and people are just being critical of him anytime and every time he failed.
Among the top scorers for last 2 IPLs .
People won't quiet down till he scores match winning 100s in ICC finals!
A calm focused Kohli with aggressive support team is what's needed for winning.
I'm not sure why you chose those dates but even within that, he has only bashed AFG, BD, NED etc.

He has played 13 matches against good bowling attacks of OZ/ENG/SA/NZ/PAK in this period and he strikes at 131 against these teams. Include SL and it goes down to 126 I think.

That's subpar

I'm not sure why you chose those dates but even within that, he has only bashed AFG, BD, NED etc.

He has played 13 matches against good bowling attacks of OZ/ENG/SA/NZ/PAK in this period and he strikes at 131 against these teams. Include SL and it goes down to 126 I think.

That's subpar
What have rest of the options of Indian batters done in that??
Compare that with other batsmen around the world.
We are so used to Kohli's heroics that we register anything less than a century as a failure by him. India failed to win the World Cup, hence all his performance counts for naught.
Unfortunately, I see him get clouded by the same mindset and failing this year.

What have rest of the options of Indian batters done in that??
Compare that with other batsmen around the world.
We are so used to Kohli's heroics that we register anything less than a century as a failure by him. India failed to win the World Cup, hence all his performance counts for naught.
Unfortunately, I see him get clouded by the same mindset and failing this year.

I did not say anything about the other Indian batsmen.

Virat since 2018, strikes at about 133 against the other Top 6 sides . That's not anywhere close to what batsmen from other countries have done

Also, Virat bats in the top order . He is , therefore, more culpable than batters in the lower order as he is the one who has to set the tone.

I did not say anything about the other Indian batsmen.

Virat since 2018, strikes at about 133 against the other Top 6 sides . That's not anywhere close to what batsmen from other countries have done

Also, Virat bats in the top order . He is , therefore, more culpable than batters in the lower order as he is the one who has to set the tone.
Bhai, it depends upon the opposition too. and somehow I feel this perception is deeply distorted if you check up on the actual stats.

Rohit Sharma too is finished. These guys will stay around only because of fans who are in denial

Time is over for Virat i guess... he better resign from the T20 cricket and focus only on ODI and Test if he wants to prolong his career.

Maybe because Kohli was motm in 2014&2016 and played many atg innings in the format while Rizbar haven't done anything like that.

But kohli needs to be kicked out, his time is over
Yea so we are in 2024, and not 2014 or 2016. No one questioned his place then, now he's a liability. If past record were to be the criteria then we might have Sachin open the inning, afterall in 2003 he was the motm.

Yea so we are in 2024, and not 2014 or 2016. No one questioned his place then, now he's a liability. If past record were to be the criteria then we might have Sachin open the inning, afterall in 2003 he was the motm.
Bro, he even said he should be kicked out.

He's just saying why people respect kohli when he fails but tear babar and rizwan into 2?

Time for Kohli to bring his A-game. ATM, he is going nowhere. Has been a apoor show for him in this tournament so far. Maybe change his position to number 3.

Rohit/ Kohli thing is not working

I said that kohli has credit has credit in the bank and has achieved a lot compared to Rizbar

Also, read my last line

Prediction: 80+ runs @ SR 160+ today, but people will just cry that its just against Bangladesh :D

Lmao, now pointing out a fact is crying? This serial world tournament failure is not going to redeem himself with an opportunistic knock against the WEAKEST super 8 team.

Lmao, now pointing out a fact is crying? This serial world tournament failure is not going to redeem himself with an opportunistic knock against the WEAKEST super 8 team.
?? USA is better than Bangladesh. Why?

It was a fan prediction from the heart bhai, I did not expect crying even before Kohli scored anything..HAHA
Man, the hate is real!! 🍭

multiple Man of the tournament winner is a failure.. hmm ok!!

Vikram Rathore (India batting coach) pre-match Press Conference - 21st June 2024

[Reporter:]

And you must be very happy that India has won three games, or maybe four games, without Virat's contribution. This could be around the corner sometime. I am

[Vikram Rathore:]

I’m not happy. I would love if he gets going and scores more runs. But yeah, it is good that when you are challenged at times and you know, the guys who are not getting too much of batting in India sometimes, they are the ones who put up scores today and our middle order came to play. So, it was good to see.

He shouldn’t get away with these kind of performances

But Pakistanis who use Babar and Rizwan’s stats as T20 openers to compare them with Kohli’s at 3 should not get away from me either!
You have failed to name openers with better stats in pakistan. Babar is best no 3 and should bat at no 3 but there are no other players as u claim who can take their place. If there sre give us a listn

You have failed to name openers with better stats in pakistan. Babar is best no 3 and should bat at no 3 but there are no other players as u claim who can take their place. If there sre give us a listn

Thread is about VK.

Its not about belief , He has been the ATG for T20 outright. The numbers and his match winning performances prove that.
Problem has been the over the last few years he has been taking too much time off cricket for his family and almost never plays T20I giving juniors a chance, He doesnt know what position to play. He will turn up or maybe he has been reading Pakpassion posts and ignored the useless group games to turn up for the knockouts in a big way ;)
An atg with no t20 title. Please. His average is below 50 in tests. Not a single series defining performance outside india. 2018 when india beat Aussies it was bowling and pant that stepped up. He was average in England too. No show in nz.

In odi he failed in every ko stage since 2013.

In t20 again he only had 2 or 3 good performances. But t20 is a lottery format. Even there he never could help his team win the title despite having the best bowling attack etc.

Maybe because he is the best or 2nd best white ball player of all time ?

When pakistani players are in top 20 of white ball players, they should be given 100x leeway virat receives. Thats how easy i would go on the pak players.

Man have to give credit to the pundits here, They had predicted correctly that he would suck at this world t20.
He sucks in every format.
Look at his test average since 2020.
28. It's a farce.
In odi again his selfish batting along with a few others cost india in the final. Only winners are celebrated not second place finishes or 3rd place finishes.

Yea he did alright in the last wc 2023 for odi but again when it matter what did he do? Nothing in the final.

You don't get a medal for losing.
Him sky Rahul iyer all bottled it. So did rohit. Needlessly got out to Maxwell of all people lmao.

Hint of pressure and kohli becomes choker.

Vikram Rathore (India batting coach) pre-match Press Conference - 21st June 2024

[Reporter:]

And you must be very happy that India has won three games, or maybe four games, without Virat's contribution. This could be around the corner sometime. I am

[Vikram Rathore:]

I’m not happy. I would love if he gets going and scores more runs. But yeah, it is good that when you are challenged at times and you know, the guys who are not getting too much of batting in India sometimes, they are the ones who put up scores today and our middle order came to play. So, it was good to see.
This is exactly where other teams are polar opposites of Pakistan.

And nothing has been done to rectify it. Selections are still made on fantasy six hitting rather than batting.

Maybe because his non-performance hasn't cost his team a game so far?

Had we lost to USA and Pakistan/Afghanistan, ofcourse he would have been criticised just like anyone else. Everything depends on the results at the end of the day.

Sunil Gavaskar said during commentary in super 8 match between Bangladesh and India: "What was he (Kohli) looking to do? Maybe he should have tried the inside out shot"

Last edited:
Are we underestimating Bangaldesh? Throwing away starts

Fact is BD will duly lose this game. No doubts about that.

OWLkrbp.png

Law of averages will catch up with us

Most runs in World cup (ODI + T20)

3002 - Virat Kohli (67 Inns)
2637 - Rohit Sharma (69 Inns)
2502 - David Warner (68 Inns)
2278 - Sachin Tendulkar (44 inns)
2193 - Kumar Sangakkara (65 Inns)

Minnow bashing but scored some useful runs.
Kohli completely neglecting off-side drives in favor of hitting leg-side sixes.

He is getting away because India is winning and the likes of SKY and Hardik are saving the batting while bowlers are doing an awesome job

He is getting away because India is winning and the likes of SKY and Hardik are saving the batting while bowlers are doing an awesome job
Sky has done well in one match, thats it.
The bowlers are carrying us

Back