[VIDEOS] How does Virat Kohli get away with these sorts of performances?

Kohli has been a total failure. His worst performance in any ICC event. Hope he gets dropped for the final in favour of Yashasvi Jaiswal

Although I doubt it will happen. This is why Dhoni was better captain. Had no issues dropping Sehwag from the 2007 T20 WC final

This makes it more embarrassing for Kohli because it shows that India don’t need him in this format anymore.

But that won’t change the fact that he has been a complete failure in this World Cup and if it were down to him, India would have gone home months ago.
Nothing is embarassing for GOAT, this world T20 is only humiliation for you। You deserve this. The way you were celebrated in match thread between India and Pakistan .:kp

Maybe you was supporting Indian team from 2013 is reason why we lost all the important match ( total panoti) . hopefully you will not support india from here .:misbah

Still India is on the way to winning the tournament :shh

Maybe GOAT save his best for finale.
Yes the only reason thats saving Kohli is India is still winning. Had India got knocked out early , he wud have been roasted

But the point remains. If India loses the final after another Kohli failure - he wud get roasted. India is now basically playing with 9 and half men ( Kohli & half Dubey are non performers)

Yes Yashavsi Jaiswal might fail but Kohli its almost 100% chance of failure

Nothing is embarassing for GOAT, this world T20 is only humiliation for you। You deserve this. The way you were celebrated in match thread between India and Pakistan .:kp

Maybe you was supporting Indian team from 2013 is reason why we lost all the important match ( total panoti) . hopefully you will not support india from here .:misbah
Just because you say it is not embarrassing doesn’t change the reality. Kohli stole the opening spot from two brilliant young openers (Gill and Jaiswal) and failed like no legendary batsman has ever failed in a tournament.

He had absolutely no reason to expose himself like this. He would have done well as always batting at 3.

I never supported India. How can you support the national team of a different country? But I don’t criticize the Pakistan team anymore because Pakistani fans are no longer delusional about the reality of their team. They know where they stand, and now my job is to give reality checks to deluded Indian fans like yourself.

Just because you say it is not embarrassing doesn’t change the reality. Kohli stole the opening spot from two brilliant young openers (Gill and Jaiswal) and failed like no legendary batsman has ever failed in a tournament.

He had absolutely no reason to expose himself like this. He would have done well as always batting at 3.

I never supported India. How can you support the national team of a different country? But I don’t criticize the Pakistan team anymore because Pakistani fans are no longer delusional about the reality of their team. They know where they stand, and now my job is to give reality checks to deluded Indian fans like yourself.
He is playing as per management’s plan, unlike Babar , Kohli does listen and care more about the team and is playing as being asked than Babar personal Milestone will.

You talk about reality checks give it yourself first the way you hype Babar.

You never support india ?? This show how delusion person you are .

Wait for another 24 hour when king lift the trophy by playing one of the best innings you ever seen.

He is playing as per management’s plan, unlike Babar , Kohli does listen and care more about the team and is playing as being asked than Babar personal Milestone will.

You talk about reality checks give it yourself first the way you hype Babar.
Kohli is more than influential enough to have a say in what the team does or does not do. He is the greatest number three of all time and if wants to bat there no one can take it away from him.

But he overestimated himself and thought he will dominate as an opener based on the runs that he scored on some laughable wickets in the IPL.

He deserves this humiliation for sure and so does Rohit Sharma, Dravid and the selectors who decided to open with him.

Wait for another 24 hour when king lift the trophy by playing one of the best innings you ever seen.
Trsut me. Kohli is not going to do anything like that. He is mentally shot. Its better for him if he is dropped

Yes, I need a random Indian to tell me who I supported or did not support.

King is one of the biggest reasons why Indian has won as many white ball trophies as Uganda in the last 10 years thanks to his pathetic choking in numerous knockout games.

Trsut me. Kohli is not going to do anything like that. He is mentally shot. Its better for him if he is dropped
Nah he will surprised you . Rohit doesn't have great record against Rabada .

Only person who can win the match for india against Rabada , Jansen and Notje is king Kohli .

All the failure will be forgotten if he played match winning knock tomorrow .

Yes, I need a random Indian to tell me who I supported or did not support.

King is one of the biggest reasons why Indian has won as many white ball trophies as Uganda in the last 10 years thanks to his pathetic choking in numerous knockout games.
King was the reason why india won last ICC trophy. :shh

He was played superlative knock in 2014 Wt20 final and 2016 Wt20 Semifinal .

He Alone cant win the trophy for india.

This world T20 everyone ( GOAT will perform in finale ) is contributing either with bat or ball so india has High chance of lifting the trophy.

Why did you spend arguing this point against Bilal7 and Mobashir then. They always called kohli a choker and then you would be his fiercest defender

Why did you spend arguing this point against Bilal7 and Mobashir then. They always called kohli a choker and then you would be his fiercest defender
I will still argue with them if they tell me that Amla was better than Kohli.

If they limit their criticism to Kohli’s choking in knockouts without arguing that certain inferior batsmen are better than him, I won’t have a problem with them.

I will still argue with them if they tell me that Amla was better than Kohli.

If they limit their criticism to Kohli’s choking in knockouts without arguing that certain inferior batsmen are better than him, I won’t have a problem with them.
I remember them calling kohli the biggest choker ever and you disagreeing with that. Do you still hold that view

I remember them calling kohli the biggest choker ever and you disagreeing with that. Do you still hold that view
Biggest choker ever, greatest ever, worst ever etc. etc. are all subjective and people use such pompous terms when they have an agenda. I have a problem with agendas not opinions.

I dont think Gambhir will have Kohli playing T20 anymore. This event will be Kohli's last assignment.
Gambhir would be a terrific mentor or coach for any team but it is hard to see how he will fit into the Indian culture. He is not enslaved by superstar status and brand values of cricketers and has the capacity to look above all the bling. He will choose the best possible team regardless of the names but this is not something that can work in the Indian culture. It might end up the same way as the Greg Chappell episode.

Funny.

He calls Kohli a choker and then goes into superlative ecstasy about Babar.

How times change
Mamoon is bored because Pakistani fans are no longer very defensive about the team, they join in the criticism now and things wont change till the team plays better

But Indians are hyper sensitive to any criticism so posts criticising the indian team gets more engagement :yuvi

Biggest choker ever, greatest ever, worst ever etc. etc. are all subjective and people use such pompous terms when they have an agenda. I have a problem with agendas not opinions.
Ever since you started supporting the Indian team, we haven't won an icc event.

Would it be fair for you to be labelled a panuti

Century is loading for VK in the final tomorrow... he is a big match player!
Since he failed in all the matches it is nothing to do with form or clutchness. It is a case of experiment gone awry. Given the stature of Kohli any reverse course will lead to more chaos. They have to bite the bullet and hope he makes an impact. Even a 15 ball 35 will be more than useful. I emphasize thr word impact. Impact knock doesn't have to be a 50 or 100

But still Virat played knock of 25, 34 in this WC … therefore we can’t say hez out of form

So far, virat is a flop show. But you can not right him off. He is a once in a century player, cannot keep him down for long.

I do not think we have seen the worst of Kohli yet.

Forthcoming test series both at home but particularly in AUS would truly dismantle his reputation. He's regressing into a cross batted slogger in LOIs and if he plays straight, his patience and technique is not good enough anymore for crease occupation.

He truly needs to disappear because he's unraveling like Yuvi at his fag end of his career.

As for the final, I'll repeat what I have said so far. The sooner Virat gets out, the brighter India's chances become.

Rohit has to keep pushing him to score quick and show intent and not look for a personal score in the final. Simple.

Virat Kohli does not realize how close he is to equalling Ahmed Shehzad's honour of winning an ICC trophy without doing much...

GRLLB7DW4AAek6L

While speaking to a local media outlet, Sunil Gavaskar has asked Virat Kohli to keep his body balance right while batting ahead of the all-important ICC T20 World Cup final between India and South Africa:

"As long as it ends in a win. It's a final and it will be played on a better batting surface. Like I keep saying, what Kohli has to do is just play the shots that he plays with the same body balance. When he is looking to power the ball away, then he is losing his body balance and he misses the ball. So, all that needs to do is, that six he hit (off Reece Topley). It was brilliant balance and he just flicked the ball with the bottom hand. That's all he has to do."

"When he starts to move around, the head shakes as well. And therefore, it is not helping him. This is something you see in slow-mo as well. All that he needs to do is chill a bit and play that big hand and will give India the big score."

Kohli showing his class. Whenever the stakes are high, Kohli steps up. A big man for big situations.

Today's the day boys. Kohli's got that look and his game today is back to when he was at his best. The same rhythm, the same explosion upcoming later.

The day Kohli reminds everyone he was always a legend :dhoni

Today's the day boys. Kohli's got that look and his game today is back to when he was at his best. The same rhythm, the same explosion upcoming later.

The day Kohli reminds everyone he was always a legend :dhoni
Hopefully, this proves to be correct. We need him scoring runs so badly.

He has finally gotten the oppurtunity to play the game he is good at. Unfortunately, history suggests that our bowlers have collectively failed in the past in the knockouts/finals and will let him down.

What an innings he has played, a living legend for a reason

India are almost winning this trophy now. The over rated hacks failed while quality men like kohli showed up.

Now its time for the bowlers to finish it and win it for india

India are almost winning this trophy now. The over rated hacks failed while quality men like kohli showed up.

I would say it was a below average T20 knock especially by his standards, but given his situation this world cup, India's situation in this final and in the previous finals he played well although it may not be enough.
It shows that age catches up to you.

I would say it was a below average T20 knock especially by his standards, but given his situation this world cup, India's situation in this final and in the previous finals he played well although it may not be enough.
It shows that age catches up to you.
Biased opinion. 180 is a winning score in Final, specially on the slowish surface. There is a t20 stat which says 80% of the times , if a team loses 3 wickets in power play there is a chance of failure. Going by your aggressive t20 standards, Rohit/Pant/Surya Kumar Yadav perished. Kohli had close to 130 strike rate similar to Rohit's knock in the semis or much better strike rate than surya who had scored 47 off 38 balls.

If kohli did not play the way he did, India would have ended up below par score like in 2023 ODI World Cup where 280 was a fighting total but india lost way after losing quick wickets in succession. Do not have confirmation bias of trying label below par and find theories to support it.

You jink everything don't you?

Told you to never celebrate early. Klaseen proving why tuk tuk players don't work in t20 lol

You did not get the point in that post. Ahmed won that 2017 trophy without doing anything noticeable. Same could be the case for Kohli today in case he wins the trophy.
What do you say now, bro?

Highest scorer in the final match, Kohli negotiated the tough phase after losing our top guns Rohit, SKY, and Pant and made sure there was no further collapse until the end, accelerating when needed.

Past criticism maybe valid, but today he's won his team world cup. This is what fans will remember

Yea we all saw how he leads under pressure in the last 5 icc tournaments. He has done nothing in odi since 2013

Nothing in wtc finals

Nothing in t20 that helped his team win.
Lol. Forget the past. He is a class player and lead from front, as I expexted him to.

His innings was slow relative to pitch, not the best but definitely a great innings in the final. Proved his worth

Retires from India T20 internationals while on the top with a MOM in the final and a WC T20 win.

The End.

He should have done a Bobby "the generational talent" 30 ball 30 opening the innings every game.

Instead chose the final of all games to make runs. :inti

Funny.

He calls Kohli a choker and then goes into superlative ecstasy about Babar.

How times change
It's like a batsman losing his timing in his sunset years. It's the worst thing to watch. And the legendary Mamoon chose the worst possible time to try and slog his way into continued relevance. Not one shot of his has cleared the inner circle. And the worst bit is, when he got out, hardly anyone noticed or lamented the wicket :dhoni

Virat ended the worst tournament with fire and POTM. Nothing better than that to silent his critics.

King was the reason why india won last ICC trophy. :shh

He was played superlative knock in 2014 Wt20 final and 2016 Wt20 Semifinal .

He Alone cant win the trophy for india.

This world T20 everyone ( GOAT will perform in finale ) is contributing either with bat or ball so india has High chance of lifting the trophy.
@Mamoon told you ,never doubted the GOAT . He was the player of match in world cup final. :kp

Top-scorer for India in 2013 CT Final.

Top-scorer for India in 2024 T20I WC Final.

KING KOHLI, THE GREATEST CLUTCH PLAYER

Back