[VIDEOS] How does Virat Kohli get away with these sorts of performances?

What a brilliant performance today come back with a bang. Showed why he is the GOAT

He's yet to play a game in the World Cup and you expect him to start against mighty Australia?
I expected him to start from match 1, anyway I made that post before Afg Aus game and I thought ind Aus match will be just a game with nothing riding on it other than bragging rights.

Dube played a good knock against Bangla and he won't be rested now.
I don't think that was a good knock, he was struggling and our bowlers weren't bowling good. If he struggled against us his chance of struggling against Australia is very high

I expected him to start from match 1, anyway I made that post before Afg Aus game and I thought ind Aus match will be just a game with nothing riding on it other than bragging rights.
Yeah, he should've been a starter since the first and also, VK would've been a much better choice at 3rd.

Speaking on Ravichandran Ashwin's Youtube Channel, Robin Uthappa said:

"What can empower Team India to have the best team possible? I think one is to get a solid Virat Kohli innings from him, especially looking at the whole tournament's perspective. I want a 65-70 not out. Even if you get a 120-125 strike rate, I do not really care. I want that one solid innings from Virat Kohli. Because once he gets that little taste of blood, That human being can do anything. And for me, before we hit the semifinals, I want him to have that one innings at 150, I want him to get."

Kohli deserves this humiliation. He is only good at cheerleading for SKY or Pant from the stands.

And to think Jaiswal is cooling his heels for this prima donna who doesn't even bother to play practice games.

Kohli needs to come at number 3 and Dube should be dropped.

Then we have a chance to win the World Cup, otherwise we won’t.

This is more than embarrassing. No excuses. The pitch is flat, and even that Dubey guy scored some runs.

Kohli's legacy is largely built around his ODI performances, which were quite remarkable at one point, though it also included a lot of meaningless bilateral series. Nevertheless problem is who's going to remember ODIs after 4-5 years, anyway most of them play ODIs world cup to world cup. So how will Kohli be remembered, perhaps a good batsman but he won't find mention is many world XI cricket teams.

His time is over now.. the way he is getting out its better for him to say goodbye to this format.

Virat Kohli in 2024 T20 World Cup:

-1 (5) vs IRE
-4 (3) vs PAK
-0 (1) vs USA
-24 (24) vs AFG
-37 (28) vs BAN
-0 (5) vs AUS

66 runs in 6 inns, 11 avg, 100 Strike rate.

Kohli's legacy is largely built around his ODI performances, which were quite remarkable at one point, though it also included a lot of meaningless bilateral series. Nevertheless problem is who's going to remember ODIs after 4-5 years, anyway most of them play ODIs world cup to world cup. So how will Kohli be remembered, perhaps a good batsman but he won't find mention is many world XI cricket teams.
Kohli is one of the most iconic superstars cricket has ever produced. He is in the top 5 of all time in terms of popularity and fandom.

Being remembered after he is retired is nothing some he will ever be worried about - he will be remembered for generations.

He was excellent at the number 3 position, don't know why management promoted him to open the innings when they already had Jaiswal in the squad.
After IPL too many people pushed this idea when India has plethora of talented openers like Gill, Ruturaj, Jaiswal, Abhishek. Heck even Kishan would have been a better option as opener than Kohli. They just took that suggestion seriously. Now with 2 matches to go they cannot bring in a potentially scratchy Jaiswal. This will hurt us in the semi final.

After IPL too many people pushed this idea when India has plethora of talented openers like Gill, Ruturaj, Jaiswal, Abhishek. Heck even Kishan would have been a better option as opener than Kohli. They just took that suggestion seriously. Now with 2 matches to go they cannot bring in a potentially scratchy Jaiswal. This will hurt us in the semi final.
well VK seems in pressure and i dont think he can perform while open the inning so now its better to call jaiswal in and drop dube and bring back virat at number 3 position

well VK seems in pressure and i dont think he can perform while open the inning so now its better to call jaiswal in and drop dube and bring back virat at number 3 position
Criticism was raised about hsi strike rate. THen he started adding more strokes and attacking. It was coming off. But in the IPL you don't play on tacky surfaces much.

The attacking approach by the Indian team has meant that Virat no longer gets the few balls he takes to get his eye in. He is getting away because he is adapting to the Indian plans this WC. The biggest disappointment for me in the 2022 WC was how Rohit, Rahul and Virat batted without considering the pressure they were putting on the middle order to up the ante. This time that is not there and both the openers are either hitting or getting out. Virat after scoring 37 came down the track and got bowled in the last game, that wouldn't have happened in 2022. This is his last World Cup and I don't think they are going to change the combination for the knockouts. The problem for India is that they want to play both Pant and Dube in the playing XI and if they get Jaiswal in they have to drop Dube. They have Dube in the squad for specific reason and I think he is getting there after playing on some sluggish wickets. They made a call at the start of the tournament and they are not going to change that now. I am hoping that Virat will have at least one good game out of the two, if he does he will win us the game.

Never thought Virat would be the weakest link in the batting line up. Virat and Dube both have no business being in the team. Only Dravid and Rohit see things with them that nobody else can see right now. Jadeja is the other one.

He is a super star like Rohit. Expect him to lead from the front in a preassure game like semi-final and a potential final.

He is a super star like Rohit. Expect him to lead from the front in a preassure game like semi-final and a potential final.
Yea we all saw how he leads under pressure in the last 5 icc tournaments. He has done nothing in odi since 2013

Nothing in wtc finals

Nothing in t20 that helped his team win.

Kohli is one or the best ever test captains and has won the mace 5 times in a row.

But in loi he is overrated. He never performed in ko stages for odi icc since 2013 barring the one vs nz on a ultra flat pitch.

It's time for him to regain his form against England

Virat Kohli in ICC knockouts:

24 vs AUS (WC 2011 q/f)
9 vs PAK (WC 2011 s/f)
35 vs SL (WC 2011 final)
58* vs SL (CT 2013 s/f)
43 vs ENG (CT 2013 final)
72* vs SA (T20 WC 2014 s/f)
77 vs SL (T20 WC 2014 final)
3 vs BAN (WC 2015 q/f)
1 vs AUS (WC 2015 s/f)

Virat hasn't been an impactful ODI batter for a few years now too. Just anchors along.

In that World Cup semifinal, he told the host broadcaster that he felt 330 was enough on an extremely flat Wankhede pitch.

NZ made 327 and we would've lost had we made only 330.

Shows why he was a failure of a white ball captain too

Every other Top 5 batter was more impactful than his sheet anchor knock.

He will retire (or made to retire) from T20s and I think even ODIs after this WC.

He will retire (or made to retire) from T20s and I think even ODIs after this WC.

No he won't. Indian selectors lack the spine to take a decisive call. He himself does not think he's done yet. And there's a lot of vested financial interest.

Indian cricket underachieves precisely for this reason. They don't know how and when to cull players who are past it. Even a serial LOI underperformer like Jadeja is allowed to coast along when there's someone like Parag waiting in the wings.

Virat hasn't been an impactful ODI batter for a few years now too. Just anchors along.

In that World Cup semifinal, he told the host broadcaster that he felt 330 was enough on an extremely flat Wankhede pitch.

NZ made 327 and we would've lost had we made only 330.

Shows why he was a failure of a white ball captain too

Every other Top 5 batter was more impactful than his sheet anchor knock.
Sorry but he won matches for us in that world cup and followed the role that he had in the team.
The team management knew what they wanted from him and he reassured them with the highest run tally.

400 has never been chased in any world cup and there was absolutely no problem in taht innings, that innings is iconic, it allowed others around him to play freely, our batting depyh as you know was horrible, if he would have gotten out I am not sure we would have reached anywhere near 397 considering how Sky and Jadeja bat.

Similarly he won us the match against Nz, Aus, in group stages, his impact was unmatched and he was the one who held the whole batting lineup together
Also its not even worthwhile arguing if you think 765 runs at str rate of 90 is impactless.

Sorry but he won matches for us in that world cup and followed the role that he had in the team.
The team management knew what they wanted from him and he reassured them with the highest run tally.

400 has never been chased in any world cup and there was absolutely no problem in taht innings, that innings is iconic, it allowed others around him to play freely, our batting depyh as you know was horrible, if he would have gotten out I am not sure we would have reached anywhere near 397 considering how Sky and Jadeja bat.

Similarly he won us the match against Nz, Aus, in group stages, his impact was unmatched and he was the one who held the whole batting lineup together
Also its not even worthwhile arguing if you think 765 runs at str rate of 90 is impactless.

Unmatched impact? Unless you're measuring it by simply the volume of runs scored , then I'm not sure how you can say he was the most impactful batter.

most likely going to be dropped from T20 side and will continue playing longer formats for another 2 years.
Both Kohli and Rohit were rested in almost every T20 series played after 2022 world T20. We thought both were gone for good. After world cup 2023 they are back again. So don't rule them out to come back again. It is frustrating. As well as Rohit played in this world T20 he has to go. India needs new young talents.

Drop Kohli and bring back Jaiswal. But that won't happen. Dube could be that x factor against spinners. This is the last worldcup for Kohli and Rohit. So they won't drop Kohli

yaar, i am Punjab kings fan .. so I hardly enjoy IPL live on TV :p
I would say let Jaiswal open with Rohit, then kohli, Pant, Sky, Pandya, axar, Arshdeep, siraj and Bumrah.
What has Shivam dube done so far in his tournament?
He made a difference in 3 games. Key innings in all three games. That's the role and he fulfilled it. He's one of the reasons why India scored above par

Time to click.....

Most runs for India in T20 World Cup knockouts:

288 - V Kohli(4 Inns)
161 - R Sharma(6 Inns)
113 - Y Singh(4 Inns)
99 - G Gambhir(2 Inns)
75 - A Rahane(2 Inns)
63 - H Pandya(1 Inns)

Time to click.....

Most runs for India in T20 World Cup knockouts:

288 - V Kohli(4 Inns)
161 - R Sharma(6 Inns)
113 - Y Singh(4 Inns)
99 - G Gambhir(2 Inns)
75 - A Rahane(2 Inns)
63 - H Pandya(1 Inns)
and failed to click this time....

Indian fans after Kohli's dismissal
i2mijLg.jpeg

His role was confusing. Was his role to play as the anchor for the entire innings or to attack? If it was to anchor then he should be batting at number 3 and everyone else attacking around him.

SR thing has messed up his head. He was always a guy who would settle in and then increase his SR gradually. He always batted according to the pitch. Now they want to match Rohit and other strikers, and that’s why we see these bizarre shots.

Indian team management is clueless, just to keep a useless hack like Dube in team they are ruining the entire World Cup.
Dravid and company need to go back to U19. They got 0 team management skills. Ridiculous

Why is he always hurrying and swinging the bat right from the first ball without assessing the pitch? It's a completely uncharacteristic innings from Kohli.

It seems like he is in hurry to visit the washroom due to Overactive Bladder syndrome. :qdkcheeky

Why is he always hurrying and swinging the bat right from the first ball without assessing the pitch? It's a completely uncharacteristic innings from Kohli.

It seems like he is in hurry to visit the washroom due to Overactive Bladder syndrome. :qdkcheeky

Our genius team management asked him to play like Chris Gayle.

Out of all the series to try this in they decide to try this strategy in World Cup.

Geniuses

Our genius team management asked him to play like Chris Gayle.

Out of all the series to try this in they decide to try this strategy in World Cup.

Geniuses
Actually, these sluggish and low-scoring pitches are tailor-made for him to score runs if he bats at No. 2.
You are right; our management has screwed him by opening with him instead of Jaiswal. He is swinging the bat like he's playing a super over... lol

Kohli destroyed his unbelievable T20 WC figures by being over aggressive. All the carryjob , legacy will be overshadowed by this poor show.

There is difference between being aggressive and doing blind slogging..

Worst world cup campaign by an Indian in ICC Events

Actually, these sluggish and low-scoring pitches are tailor-made for him to score runs if he bats at No. 2.
You are right; our management has screwed him by opening with him instead of Jaiswal. He is swinging the bat like he's playing a super over... lol

If you want to play like England then bring players who can hack from the get go.

Why keep Kohli and then expect him to play like Gayle?

These guys are paid millions and have played cricket at top level. Probably have more knowledge than most still make such blunders?

Makes no sense, only thing which makes sense is they want to lose on purpose.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wonder why India picked Jaiswal in the squad.
India still has a chance to bring in Jaiswal as an opener and move Virat to the number 3 position where he feels more comfortable.

There’s no point in continuing with him as an opener especially after such a terrible run of form.

It seems like Kohli has been told to play aggressive regardless of the result. He is just following it. If he really wants to statpad he can do easily. Coming down the wicket getting clean bowled atleast 2 or 3 times he got out like that. He never does that usually unless he is well set.

Mainly because Kohli has achieved more and in his golden years was truly a class atg.

Rn Indian fans want him gone from t20, but in odi last year he scored 5 centuries in a single cup alone.

Yes he's done in t20 cause he's aged but babar and rizwan are supposedly in their prime and playing like crap.

Kohli at 30 is miles superior to both babar and rizwan at 30 and frankly speaking he's still miles superior to the both of them in All formats despite being washed up.
Fact check.
He did score record shattering number of runs but please don't exagerrate. The number of centuries he scored in a single cup is 3 not 5.

Still India is on the way to winning the tournament :shh

Maybe GOAT save his best for finale.
If Kohli scores big in the final, India loses. We know what SR he will bat on to score big. I don't think India is changing anything and are heavy favorites to win the WC.

Kolhi is playing a game he doesn't no how to play. He is an accumulator. He is forced to play that game because that is expected of him by the team. Won't blame Kohli, I blame the team selectors and captain Rohit because all they are doing is making his situation worse by playing him. One difference is Kohli has shown intent right from the get go and has not eaten up many balls despite the low scores. His intent just doesn't translate and it won't.

Jaiswal for Kohli and Samson for Dube.

He has been terrible, but somehow I just cannot write him off. He does not look too bad batting.

Kohli might play another 40 balls 50 to save his face because so far, he is having the worst tournament of his career. He is being dragged by rohit for no reason. Jaiswal should come in.

Shoaib Akhtar speaking on his YT channel:

"I wish Rishabh Pant and Rohit Sharma could open and send Virat Kohli to No. 3. India's issues will be sorted if Kohli comes down to his natural and usual position. This is not his game, he likes to take time and hit loose balls, and then he improves his strike-rate. So I am not sure if Kohli is a natural opener, so he is kind of stuck and if Rishabh Pant comes to open, then the issue will be resolved,"

The captain still believes in him

"He (Kohli) is a quality player. Any player can go through that. We understand his class and his importance. Form is never a problem. The intent is there. Absolutely (backing Kohli for the final),"

Still India is on the way to winning the tournament :shh
This makes it more embarrassing for Kohli because it shows that India don’t need him in this format anymore.
Maybe GOAT save his best for finale.
But that won’t change the fact that he has been a complete failure in this World Cup and if it were down to him, India would have gone home months ago.

Back