[VIDEOS] Is it time to start thinking about dropping Babar Azam?

This cycle is not going well for this guy. If he cannot be dropped, then maybe rest him like Shaheen.

f5HRbA0.jpeg

Hence proving that form is temporary whereas class is forever.

Bobsie for life

When will this guy ever score big runs? He's no Virat Kohli to deserve such a big run.

If Shaheen can get dropped, so can Babar. You can't have different rules for different players.

If the PCB has decided to get tough on players then apply the rules fairly.

Babar clearly needs to go back to domestic cricket

Babar Azam falls short once again against Bangladesh. Is he really the world's best, or just a flat-track bully. Time for him to prove his worth in challenging conditions.

He’s not even Zimbabar anymore.

Maybe Nepabar, but prob also beyond that too.

The guy is finished. He won’t make a comeback. Bookmark it.

Some players can go back, work on their game and come back. He thinks he knows it all and won’t.

He’ll probably keep his place for a while due to some kind of pressure, but he’s done.

Sad end. I thought he may redeem the Akmal khandan but he’ll probably end up similar to the other 2 akmals

He’s not even Zimbabar anymore.

Maybe Nepabar, but prob also beyond that too.

The guy is finished. He won’t make a comeback. Bookmark it.

Some players can go back, work on their game and come back. He thinks he knows it all and won’t.

He’ll probably keep his place for a while due to some kind of pressure, but he’s done.

Sad end. I thought he may redeem the Akmal khandan but he’ll probably end up similar to the other 2 akmals
Once an Akmal, always an Akmal

He is not born to be a match-winner. Again, he's gone when the team needed him.

Dude, Babar is wasting all his prime years. At 29, he should have been scoring centuries at free will, but instead he is struggling big time.

Babar nibba/nibbi fans and their over-the-top trolling have hurt Babar even more.

He is under pressure now, this bad patch will waste his 1-2 years now.

Jason Gillespie in a presser today shared thoughts on the current bad form of Babar Azam:

Look Babar is a quality player, and he got a couple of good starts, but like a few players, he hasn't been able to convert those starts.

He is a world-class player, and I am sure we are going to see him score big runs very soon. He is quite disappointed that he could not convert those starts well, but I am looking forward to seeing him do really well.

No need to drop him but no need to hype him as well. He is not a top tier batsman but I think he can play in Pakistani batting line up. Having said that playing some domestic to get back in form will be helpful.

Shan Masood in a presser today shared following thoughts regarding Babar Azam

On sharing any thoughts with Babar Azam regarding his current poor form to assist him:

For any batsman, runs is a currency and it contributes to fluctuation in mood of a batter. Babar Azam as a batsman has scored so many runs across all formats, infact it had become a habitual affair for him so whenever you come across a rough patch (in form) it plays a bit in your mind. But I think as a batter you can't control the runs on a particular day but you can control your thought process and hardwork. And as Babar is the most hard working among us so I am pretty sure he would cope with this situation well so it is just a matter of time for him but the sooner he copes it, the better it would be for our team.

For how long would you keep supporting Babar Azam?

You talk about Babar Azam or any other player they won't perform better until we give them consistent opportunities. The thing I want to mention here is that currently no red ball cricket session is in play anywhere in Pakistan so how can you pick a player suggesting that he is in top form and we should replace it with a particular player. Currently, we have such a Test squad team that we took to the Australian Test tour before and was also part of a successful domestic season. If there had been any red ball cricket going on currently then we would have easily employed a policy to replace certain players who needed rest with the best performers of domestic red ball cricket.

If Babar Azam had consistently performed well against Team India in international cricket, would he have avoided the criticism he's receiving now due to his poor form?

How could anyone even consider dropping Babar Azam? He is one of the finest player in Pakistan, and with the current state of domestic cricket, there aren't any players who can fill his shoes. Removing him from the team would be a huge mistake

If Babar were to be dropped, it would cause a nationwide uproar. His absence could lead to a collapse not just in the cricketing world but in the whole Pakistan, it could also shake the country's spirit. For many centuries, he symbolizes the strength and hope of Pakistan's cricket and the country it self.

If Babar Azam had consistently performed well against Team India in international cricket, would he have avoided the criticism he's receiving now due to his poor form?
he deserves this criticisim its better for him to take a break from cricket and organise himself and then make a comeback.

Theirs a valid question. Babar is performing rubbish sure, but who will replace him?

Fakhar + Babar are pakistan's 2 best players and pakistan ruined fakhar with Babar ruining himself.

I think @Rana And @CerebralPatriot will probably disagree with me, but I only want bobby dropped temporarily and not forever.

The thing with pcb is that their brain dead, They either demotivate a player or motivate them too much to the point of over confidence.

What fakhar amd Babar have done at their peaks for pakistan is insane, Fakhar especially.

The goal should have always been to make these 2 more consistent as players as their peaks being would lead to domination.

However Misbah, rizwan and ramiz didn't do these 2 any favours.

Rizwan ruined fakhar, and fakhar was removed from test after 3 innings. Then misbah didn't do Babar any favours with added media pressure of captaincy and ramiz raja marketing and boot licking babar caused him to become a comfort zone batter and become a bit too relaxed opting for stardom over national duty.

Really ruined these 2, Babar got ruined more though, due to his personality and fitness also changing for the worse.

However Babar and fakhar at peak are comfortably > Any pakiatani batter in the ranks including saim, Saud, Abdullah, Kamran Ghulam or whoever shows up.

Ik the likes of @gazza619 likes rizwan, but you can add rizzu ruining these 2 onto your bucket list. His bootlicking of Babar and batting alongside him hasn't helped, nor has his shoving fakhar aside for his Mein Khush nahi hoon tantrums.

Back