[VIDEOS] Jayden Seales: West Indies' new superstar in the making

WhenSultansBowled

T20I Debutant
Runs
At the young age of 19 years and 336 days; Seales just became youngest ever West Indian to take a test 5fer.

Thoughts?

Alzarri didn't take his chances, it's Seales' time now.

A lot to like. Tall, decently quick, good seam positions and more importantly balls very good test match lines ane lengths which is the key to be consistent in the long run.

If he can maintain his strengths and develop them further he can have a bright future.

I say let us wait for him to perform against top teams. Even Marcus North has a five for against Pakistan.

A star! Lovely bowling action. Keep him away from Mickey mouse leagues please.

In 80s he would have been idealizing Holding and Roberts and working hard on his fitness and pace to become a successful test fast bolwer.

Now in 2021, soon he will be approached by different T20 leagues, he will change his bowling to be successful in T20 cricket, will drop down his pace and will lose interest in "useless " test cricket.

As with all other Windies young players, he will either fade away or look for T20 contracts. The Windies won't benefit too much

Seales reprimanded and handed one demerit point
Jayden Seales received one demerit point and was also reprimanded following a Level 1 breach of the ICC Code of Conduct during the first Test against Pakistan in Kingston, Jamaica during the first day's play, the cricket website Cricbuzz has reported.

The 19-year-old pacer was found to have breached Article 2.5 of the Code of Conduct - Using language, actions or gestures which disparage, or which could provoke an aggressive reaction from a batter upon his/her dismissal during an International Match.

The incident happened during the 70th over of Pakistan's first innings when Seales used inappropriate language towards Hasan Ali following Pakistan No. 9's batsman dismissal, stated the ICC.

Umpires Gregory Brathwaite, Joel Wilson, Nigel Duguid and TV umpire Leslie Reifer levelled the charge, with the sanction being imposed by match referee Richie Richardson. Seales pleaded guilty to the offence and accepted the proposed charge.

The demerit point remains on the player's disciplinary record for a period of 24 months. Should the player accumulate four or more demerit points, they are converted to suspension points. Two Suspension Points result in a ban from one Test or two ODIs or two T20Is, whichever comes first for the player.

https://www.guardian.co.tt/sports/s...nded-one-demerit-point-6.2.1371935.038919ab59

Sussex Cricket is delighted to announce the signing of fast-bowler Jayden Seales for the first 3 months of the 2023 season.

Born in Trinidad & Tobago, Seales made his Test debut for the West Indies at 19 years of age against South Africa in June 2021 and made an immediate impact as he took 3 wickets at an economy of 3.57 from his 21 overs.

He has since gone on to play 9 Tests for his country, taking 36 wickets at an average of 21.77. His best figures came against Pakistan in August 2021 when he took 5-55, making him the youngest West Indies bowler to take a Test match fifer.

The exciting young seamer was also the leading wicket taker at the 2021 LPL in Sri Lanka and will be available for Sussex for 3 months starting in April to play both County Championship and T20 cricket.

Commenting on the move, Seales said: "As a young fast-bowler, I want to expose myself to as many different conditions and challenges as possible. I can't wait to test myself in England and hopefully contribute to a winning start for Sussex in both Championship and T20 cricket."

Speaking on signing, Sussex Performance Director, Keith Greenfield, added: “Securing a quality overseas fast/seam bowler was hugely important us for the start of next summer, particularly in Championship cricket, so to secure Jayden ahead of others is fantastic for us.

“Those who have played against him and seen him at close quarters have been impressed by his skills and appetite for bowling.

“He has certainly started impressively in Test cricket, and it is also great that he wants to play County cricket and knows how important it can be for him going forward.

“We look forward to welcoming him to the Club and seeing him charging down the hill at The 1st Central County Ground in a Sussex shirt.”

https://sussexcricket.co.uk/news/sussex-sign-highly-rated-fast-bowler-jayden-seales

Back