[VIDEOS/PICTURES] Rishabh Pant's performance watch post-injury

Dozing off while driving is extremely dangerous but it is something that sometimes you don't have control over it. An accident can happen even if you doze off for 2 seconds only. It has happened to me as well, while driving on the highway my eyes closed off despite being well rested. It's so weird when that happens because in your mind you still get the visuals of the road ahead which leads you to believe that you are driving the car and nothing is wrong. May Rishabh recover soon and be in great health as before.

Absolutely, happened to me once and if you admit to the police that happened here in the UK, they will do you so best to keep quiet.

Not worth taking the risk, always ensure you are fit enough to drive and well rested if going on a long drive. Wishing Pant a speedy recovery.

Absolutely, happened to me once and if you admit to the police that happened here in the UK, they will do you so best to keep quiet.

Not worth taking the risk, always ensure you are fit enough to drive and well rested if going on a long drive. Wishing Pant a speedy recovery.

Also can't stress enough the importance of wheel alignment. Always get your wheels aligned because if they aren't and you doze off, the car will veer off the road on one side. If your wheels are properly aligned, even if you doze off, at least the car will remain straight.

Thank God he's still with us. Horrific accident.

I hope he's back playing for India soon and continue to scores run. This would make a good Bollywood film.

Lucky to have got away with it. Dozing in the car can be fatal - i almost had an accident once in my early 20s when I was driving in the middle of the night & since then I avoid nighttime driving like the plague.

India woke up to the shocking news of Rishabh Pant's horrific car accident on Friday. The wicketkeeper-batter had a miraculous escape when his luxury car crashed into a road divider and caught fire after he dozed off at the wheel on the Delhi-Dehradun highway in the early hours of Friday. The 25-year-old, who was on his way to his hometown Roorkee to surprise his mother, suffered injuries on his head, back and feet but is in a stable condition following the accident in Manglaur in Uttarakhand's Haridwar district around 5.30 am, police said. Pant is currently admitted in a hospital in Dehradun.

According to a tweet from a media source, the results of Rishabh Pant's MRI of the brain and spinal cord has returned as 'normal.' He has also undergone plastic surgery intervention for facial injuries, lacerated wounds and abrasions. Pant will have an MRI on his ankle and knee on Saturday.

NDTV

Some reports saying that money was stolen from Pant as well

If so, that is despicable.

==

As per the report, Rishabh Pant was trying to get out of his car but was unable to do so due to his injuries. In the meanwhile, some men present in the area came near the burning car. Instead of trying to help the injured cricketer, they reportedly took money from a bag the cricketer had in the car and ran away.

https://www.opindia.com/2022/12/cri...t-the-spot-looted-money-from-his-bag-reports/

"He had also scattered his money on the road, which we picked up and handed them to him in his hands."

https://www.hindustantimes.com/cric...ling-details-of-accident-101672391740760.html

Night driving in northern India at this time of the year is risky.

Poor visibility. You strain your eyes trying to get a view.

BMW's are getting a bad reputation in crashes.

I wonder if the X3 in my garage should be exchanged for a Q3?

PS: I don't drive.

Surprised a player who has been playing IPL and has earned millions does not have his own driver especially in India.

It was Mercedes not BMW.

3 years ago, Shikhar Dhawan had advised Rishabh Pant to drive safely.

Last edited:
PM Narendra Modi Speaks With Rishabh Pant's Mother, Inquires About His Health

Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Friday spoke with Indian cricketer Rishabh Pant's mother about his health following the Indian batter's horrific road accident. Pant met with the accident while returning from Delhi to Roorkee as his car collided with the divider on the Narsan border of Roorkee near Hammadpur Jhal. As per ANI reports, PM Modi spoke with Rishabh Pant's mother and inquired about his health.

Earlier in the day, PM Modi prayed for the good health and speedy recovery of India batter and tweeted, "Distressed by the accident of noted cricketer Rishabh Pant. I pray for his good health and well-being. [MENTION=151670]RishaB[/MENTION]hPant17," tweeted PM Modi.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Distressed by the accident of noted cricketer Rishabh Pant. I pray for his good health and well-being. <a href="https://twitter.com/RishabhPant17?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw" [MENTION=151670]RishaB[/MENTION]hPant17</a></p>— Narendra Modi (@narendramodi) <a href="https://twitter.com/narendramodi/status/1608776012241993728?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">December 30, 2022</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

The BCCI has thanked PM Modi for getting in touch with Pant's family.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The Honorable Prime Minister of India Shri <a href="https://twitter.com/narendramodi?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@narendramodi</a> ji called up Rishabh Pant's family and inquired about his health following his car accident this morning. We thank the Prime Minister for this gesture and his soothing words of assurance.</p>— BCCI (@BCCI) <a href="https://twitter.com/BCCI/status/1608835925555187713?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">December 30, 2022</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Pant, who was alone in the car, suffered injuries on his back, forehead and leg. Pant was driving his car when he met with the accident on the Delhi-Dehradun highway. Images from the accident showed the car in a gutted state.

According to a statement by the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI), Pant has two cuts on his forehead, a ligament tear in his right knee and has also hurt his right wrist, ankle, and toe and has suffered abrasion injuries on his back.

Rishabh's condition remains stable, and he has now been shifted to Max Hospital, Dehradun, where he will undergo MRI scans to ascertain the extent of his injuries and formulate his further course of treatment, as per the BCCI statement shared with the media.

According to the statement, the BCCI is in constant touch with Pant's family while the medical team is in close contact with the doctors currently treating the southpaw.

The Board said it will see to it that Pant receives the best possible medical care and gets all the support he needs to come out of this traumatic phase.

The wicket-keeper batsman has represented India in 33 Test matches, scoring 2,271 runs at an average of 43.67. He has five Test tons against his name, with his highest being 159 not out. Pant also has 119 catches and 14 stumpings against his name.

In ODIs, he has aggregated 865 runs to his name in 30 matches at an average of 34.60, with five half-centuries and a ton at a strike rate of 106.65. Behind the wickets, Pant has 26 catches and one stumping to his name in ODIs. In 66 T20Is, the wicket-keeper batter has scored 987 runs, with three half-centuries against his name at an average of 22.43 and a strike rate of 126.37.

NDTV

Volvo xc90 if you're looking for luxury and safety.

Horrified by the news and praying for my fav cricketer to get well soon. When I saw the car images could not believe that he got out of that vehicle safely.

Old video of Dhawan advising Pant to drive carefully:

<div style="width: 100%; height: 0px; position: relative; padding-bottom: 56.250%;"><iframe src="https://streamable.com/e/mgakqi" frameborder="0" width="100%" height="100%" allowfullscreen style="width: 100%; height: 100%; position: absolute;"></iframe></div>

Horrifying. Hopefully he makes a speedy recovery, that's a lucky escape.

Puts cricket into perspective.

Life and health before sport every time.

Really hope the lad is ok.

Just saw the pictures and was terrified. I am now reading he is out of danger.
Hope a quick recovery for him.

He did well of getting out of that alive. Get well soon, he is box office when on form with his batting.

Just send it to Norway, I don't mind adding another BMW in my garage.

Btw, you don't drive, tou phir X3 kiss ki hai? Mrs ki?

Sorry, didn't want to derail the serious topic.

Thankfully he is out of danger. The only guy who makes me watch Indian cricket right now.

Will look at the Volvo. Xc 90 may be a bit more than i want to spend. But will take a look at XC60 and Q5.

Yeah, deffo, the 60 is more comparable to the X3. I personally prefer the Audis but Volvo have an excellent reputation for safety plus you still get a premium vehicle.

Last edited by a moderator:
Please stay on topic

We have threads for cars etc in TPS - thanks

Lucky escape for Pant. Injuries are fixable.

I think it is going to be a 12-18 month road to recovery. At least to get back to competitive cricket.

Wishing him a speedy and full recovery.

India's star wicketkeeper Rishabh Pant was hospitalised after surviving a major car accident while he was returning from Delhi to Uttarakhand.

Uttarakhand DGP Ashok Kumar told India Today that Pant was driving his BMW car that caught fire after hitting the divider at the Narsan border. Pant claimed he lost control of the car after falling asleep while driving, according to the Director General of Police in Uttarakhand. Rishabh Pant was alone in the car at the time of the accident and broke a window to escape.

According to the doctors, Pant suffered injuries to his forehead and leg. After getting the information, Superintendent of Police Dehat Swapna Kishore Singh reached the spot. Dr. Sushil Nagar, chairman of Saksham Hospital, said that at present Rishabh Pant's condition is stable, he has been referred to Max Dehradun.

According to eyewitnesses, Rishabh's car collided with the railing and caught fire. With great difficulty, the fire was brought under control. Simultaneously, Rishabh Pant, who was severely injured in the accident, was taken to Saksham Hospital on Delhi Road.

Link: https://www.indiatoday.in/sports/cr...-on-delhi-dehradun-highway-2315250-2022-12-30

rishabh_pant_car.jpeg

whatsapp_image_2022-12-30_at_9.36.38_am.jpeg

looking at the car , its a miracle he didn't sustain more serious injuries. Hope he will make quick and full recovery .

Pant is a champion. He will be back on the pitch winning matches for India a lot quicker than people think. So glad he survived.

Just send it to Norway, I don't mind adding another BMW in my garage.

Btw, you don't drive, tou phir X3 kiss ki hai? Mrs ki?

Sorry, didn't want to derail the serious topic.

The chauffeur drives me to work and i sit in the back seat. Mrs drives when we both go out.

I don't know how to drive.

Embarassing i know.

BMW is getting a poor reputation of being in involved in serious crashes in India.

I am a BMW fan boy, hence the X3.

MRI of knee still pending. To be done tommorow.

Last edited:
What i have gathered from news and friends.

Pant is out of danger.

No serious burn injuries.

Mostly laceration on the forehead.

Some abrasions on the back.

Ligament tear in the knee. Grade unknown as MRI is still pending.

Further treatment modalities to be decided post other tests.

The uttarakhand state government, the BCCI have both declared that they will take care of all expenses.

How is the visibility on pakistan highways at late night and early morning during this time of the year.

This is looking like a case of speeding and not falling asleep at the wheel.

The chauffeur drives me to work and i sit in the back seat. Mrs drives when we both go out.

I don't know how to drive.

Embarassing i know.

BMW is getting a poor reputation of being in involved in serious crashes in India.

I am a BMW fan boy, hence the X3.

MRI of knee still pending. To be done tommorow.
I drive, I wouldn't drive in India too.

Rules are too laxed and a lot of reckless/bad divers.

Get well soon! No doubt the high end Mercedes saved his life.

However, if Pant was indeed speeding, or he dosed off, then no excuses and no sympathy for dangerous driving. In the UK the penalty for falling asleep whilst driving is up to 14 years in prison.

I also wonder if the doctors took blood samples to check for alcohol?

Thankfully he is out of danger. The only guy who makes me watch Indian cricket right now.

Absolutely! Lost interest in Cricket now, let's hope at least he bats as pure batsman in only tests (No Wicketkeeping and No LOI batting and No IPL which will be taxing on his body!)

Media says he dozed off.

The speed limit on that highway stretch is probably 100km/hr. So he may be well within that limit.
Fined twice for speeding.

Apparently was issued a ticket a few weeks back and now with that Dhawan video it leads me to believe he was being reckless when he crashed. In which case he gets no sympathy from me. If true I hope is held accountable and punished fairly, he could have killed someone.

I have zero tolerance for idiots who drive recklessly and endanger others.

Last edited:

Apparently was issued a ticket a few weeks back and now with that Dhawan video it leads me to believe he was being reckless when he crashed. In which case he gets no sympathy from me. If true I hope is held accountable and punished fairly, he could have killed someone.

Totally agree. One thing to hurt yourself but totally another when you take out someone else. Lucky that only he is involved in this.

==

Panipat: The bus driver and conductor who saved Indian cricketer Rishabh Pant's life yesterday were felicitated by Panipat Bus Depot and are expected to be honoured by the Haryana government as well.

Panipat Bus Depot GM K Jangra said that bus driver Sushil Kumar and conductor Paramjeet spotted an uncontrolled car ram over the divider near Gurukul Narsan and immediately ran towards he car to help the stuck passenger.
recommended by

Meanwhile, conductor Paramjeet confirmed that as soon as they dragged Rishabh Pant out of the car, the vehicle caught fir and burned down within 5-7 seconds.

"He had major injuries on his back. We enquired about his personal information & that is when he said he is an Indian team cricketer," he said.

Earlier on Friday, Rishabh Pant met with an accident while returning from Delhi to Roorkee as his car collided with the divider on the Narsan border of Roorkee near Hammadpur Jhal.

Pant, who was alone in the car, suffered injuries on his back, forehead and leg. Pant was driving his car when he met with the accident on the Delhi-Dehradun highway. Images from the accident showed the car in a gutted state.

https://www.timesnownews.com/india/...t-for-saving-cricketers-life-article-96634005

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Get well soon <a href="https://twitter.com/RishabhPant17?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@RishabhPant17</a>. Praying for your recovery. &#55357;&#56911;&#55356;&#57339;</p>— Virat Kohli (@imVkohli) <a href="https://twitter.com/imVkohli/status/1608756129055789057?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">December 30, 2022</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Yes he should never drive a car again, should not be allowed. Should hide a professional driver. If he ever drivers he should be imprisoned immediately!

The Delhi & District Cricket Association Director Shyam Sharma said a DDCA team will be at Max Hospital in Dehradun to monitor star Indian cricketer Rishabh Pant's health, who met with a terrible accident a day back, and if needed the batter-wicketkeeper would be airlifted to Delhi for his plastic surgery. Pant met with a serious accident while returning from Delhi to Roorkee as his car collided with the divider on the Narsan border of Roorkee near Hammadpur Jhal on Friday.

Sharma said that Pant might be airlifted to the national capital for further surgery as he suffered multiple injuries in the car crash.

The 25-year-old was alone in the car and suffered injuries on his back, forehead and leg.

Talking to ANI, Sharma said: "A team of Delhi & District Cricket Association (DDCA) is going to Max Hospital Dehradun to monitor his health, if required we'll shift him to Delhi and chances are high that we'll airlift him to Delhi for plastic surgery."

NDTV

Judging by the reported injuries, I think it will be at least 1 year before Pant is back playing for India. Even then he will not be the same as his former-self, these sort of injuries can take years to heal, and back injuries have a tendency to last for a life time.

Most likely Pant will miss the World Cup in India, and IPL next year.

Judging by the reported injuries, I think it will be at least 1 year before Pant is back playing for India. Even then he will not be the same as his former-self, these sort of injuries can take years to heal, and back injuries have a tendency to last for a life time.

Most likely Pant will miss the World Cup in India, and IPL next year.

The only thing which really matters is that he is still alive and there was no other loss of life.

car experts around here,

should a BMW be catching fire like this? Or is there a fault in this car?

Cricket is poorer without him already. May he come back stronger.

Indian test cricket is alive solely because of him (and to some extent pace bowlers). We are competitive overseas only because of him. Test Match viewership will come down. And team's performance/balance will be affected drastically, the confidence will be low...

Was fined in February and May.

May was during IPL, so it may have been some one else driving.

Speed limit on Indian highways are in excess of 100kph so don't think he was speeding.

Btw if a person falls asleep during driving the muscles relax and the leg would have been heavy on the accelerator leading to high speed.

If he was under influence it would have come out by now.

Was fined in February and May.

May was during IPL, so it may have been some one else driving.

Speed limit on Indian highways are in excess of 100kph so don't think he was speeding.

Btw if a person falls asleep during driving the muscles relax and the leg would have been heavy on the accelerator leading to high speed.

If he was under influence it would have come out by now.

Don't think relaxed muscle causes speeding when sleeping - he was speeding and dozed off and lost control

Uttarakhand police say Rishabh Pant wasn’t overspeeding or drunk

The Uttarakhand police said they have checked eight to 10 speed cameras from the Uttar Pradesh border to the accident spot in Narsan

The Uttarakhand police on Saturday said that cricketer Rishabh Pant, who met with an accident in Haridwar on Friday early morning, wasn’t overspeeding or in an inebriated state. A CCTV footage of the incident had come to light following the incident in which the cricketer’s car could be seen hitting a road divider, seemingly at a high speed.

Haridwar senior superintendent of police (SSP), Ajai Singh said, “We have checked eight to 10 speed cameras from the Uttar Pradesh border to the accident spot in Narsan, the cricketer’s car didn’t cross the speed limit which is 80 km per hour on that national highway. In the CCTV footage, the car appears to be at a high speed because it went into the air after hitting the divider. Our technical team also inspected the accident site. We didn’t find anything that suggests overspeeding by the cricketer.”

The SSP further said, “If he would have been drunk, how could he drive 200 km from Delhi and not meet any accident for such a long distance? The doctor who gave him first aid at the Roorkee hospital also stated he was completely normal. That’s why he was able to successfully pull himself out of the car. Anybody drunk would not have been able to get out of the car.”

Uttarakhand director general of police (DGP) Ashok Kumar said the cricketer dozed off at the wheel which caused the accident.

A senior police official, who didn’t wish to be named, said, “In the CCTV footage, the car is seemingly hitting the road divider at a high speed. Since he didn’t hit anybody, no action would be taken.”

The cricketer, who survived the crash and remained conscious, himself told the police that he dozed off at the wheel and lost the balance of the car before it hit a divider, turned upside down, and burst into flames, the state police chief said.

The 25-year-old, who had suffered injuries on his forehead, right knee and abrasions on the back, was rescued by the driver-conductor duo of a Haryana Roadways bus. He was rushed to the Saksham Hospital in Roorkee in a government-run ambulance. From there he was referred to the Max Hospital in Dehradun for further treatment.

In one of his early statements to the police after the accident, the cricketer said that he didn’t remember exactly how everything happened, said superintendent of police, (rural), Haridwar, Swapn Kishore Singh. The cricketer was coming to his home town in Roorkee to give a surprise to his mother when his car met with the accident near Narsan under Mangalore police station. Prime minister Narendra Modi and chief minister Pushkar Singh Dhami wished for his speedy recovery.

According to officials, a team of forensic experts, National Highways Authority of India (NHAI) officials, and the transport department also studied the gutted car at Narsan police check post.

Meanwhile, the cricketer continues to be treated at the Max Hospital in Dehradun and is stable, an official at the hospital said on Saturday.

Delhi and District Cricket Association director Shyam Sharma on Saturday met the cricketer at the hospital.

Speaking to reporters, Sharma said, “He (Pant) is stable and recovering well. BCCI (Board of Control for Cricket in India) doctors are in touch with the doctors at this hospital. BCCI would take a call if he has to be shifted anywhere else for the best treatment. Pant told me that he tried to save his car from a pothole when the accident occurred.”

On Friday, BCCI issued a detailed statement on Pant’s injuries after the accident.

“Rishabh has two cuts on his forehead, a ligament tear in his right knee and has also hurt his right wrist, ankle, toe and has suffered abrasion injuries on his back. Rishabh’s condition remains stable, and he has now been shifted to Max Hospital, Dehradun, where he will undergo MRI scans to ascertain the extent of his injuries and formulate his further course of treatment,” the statement from BCCI said.

https://www.hindustantimes.com/citi...-t-overspeeding-or-drunk-101672480704733.html

For reasons unknown, some people here want to establish that he was under alcohol or was speeding. Pathetic.
For those who still think he was speeding or under the influence of alcohol. Who drinks early in the morning anyway?

The SSP further said, “If he would have been drunk, how could he drive 200 km from Delhi and not meet any accident for such a long distance? The doctor who gave him first aid at the Roorkee hospital also stated he was completely normal. That’s why he was able to successfully pull himself out of the car. Anybody drunk would not have been able to get out of the car.”

For reasons unknown, some people here want to establish that he was under alcohol or was speeding. Pathetic.

I think he probably dozed off. Don't think he was drunk because driving late night/early morning alone during this period in Northern India is generally unadvisable for everyone let alone for someone who is in drunk state. You have to be absolute bonkers to even think of driving after being drunk in these situations.

Having said that, driving a car alone late night is something that doesn't make even one bit of sense to me because you can easily doze off during a long trip.

Last edited:
For those who still think he was speeding or under the influence of alcohol. Who drinks early in the morning anyway?

How does that answer the speeding part?

How does that answer the speeding part?

Haridwar senior superintendent of police (SSP), Ajai Singh said, “We have checked eight to 10 speed cameras from the Uttar Pradesh border to the accident spot in Narsan, the cricketer’s car didn’t cross the speed limit which is 80 km per hour on that national highway. In the CCTV footage, the car appears to be at a high speed because it went into the air after hitting the divider. Our technical team also inspected the accident site. We didn’t find anything that suggests overspeeding by the cricketer.”

https://www.hindustantimes.com/citi...-t-overspeeding-or-drunk-101672480704733.html

New Delhi, Dec 31 (IANS) Injured India wicket-keeper batter Rishabh Pant is fine right now and smiling, says DDCA Director Shyam Sharma, who added that he is confident of his swift recovery from the injuries he sustained in a car accident on Friday morning.

“He’s fine right now. Smiling as of now and he’s recovering. It is good as our kid will recover quickly and I am confident of this currently. He is in the ICU presently,” Sharma told IANS from Dehradun, where he had gone to meet Pant.On Friday morning, Pant, 25, suffered multiple injuries when his car collided with a road divider and caught fire on the Delhi-Dehradun highway. A serious car accident happened between Manglaur and Narsan in the Haridwar district in the state of Uttarakhand.
He has been admitted to Max Hospital in Dehradun after being initially taken to Saksham Hospital Multispecialty and Trauma Centre. Pant was on his way to his hometown Roorkee from New Delhi.

Earlier, DDCA President Rohan Jaitley had said if needed and medically advisable, his organisation will airlift Pant from Dehradun to New Delhi for his plastic surgery. But Sharma said the future plan for Pant’s treatment will be decided by the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI).

“The future plan of the treatment will be decided by the BCCI. BCCI are the one authorised to decide this. I went out of courtesy as a family as Rohan Jaitley said me to go and meet him. Rishabh Pant is just like our kid and boosts his morale of him and see what the situation is.”

He added that as of now, there is no such need to airlift Pant to Delhi. “As of now, there is no need as it doesn’t look like that. Whatever rest has to be done will be decided by the BCCI. They will discuss with his family and see what has to be done. Wherever the best treatment will happen, they will do it.

https://www.cricketcountry.com/news...overy-says-ddca-director-shyam-sharma-1060915

I am afraid this statement doesn't answer the question at all. There is a difference between being drunk at the wheel, and having alcohol in your blood at the wheel.

The question was whether the doctors conducted a blood test to check if there were traces of alcohol. It seems to me the doctors litmus test was that if there was no accident for 200km then there's no alcohol involved? This is poor science and investigation.

Drivers are known to have drinks 12hrs earlier, sit at the wheel after 12 hrs, and traces of alcohol that are left in the blood, do not lead to drunken behaviour, but is precisely what can cause tiredness, or simply put, dosing off at the wheel.

Now I am not saying Pant had been drinking etc, my question was simply if the doctors conducted a test for alcohol, the answer it seems is no.

Also, the Police have confirmed that Pant was not speeding on a 80km speed limit highway by checking CCTV footage at 10 points. Someone who has been fined for speeding and lectured on speeding, either paid heed, or slowed down when the cameras were approaching and accelerated after. A very common practise, especially when in a stretch of 200km there is a camera every 20km. However 80km speed limit is 50 mph. A collision at 50 mph while can cause serious damage, rarely does it lead to a ball of fire.

Apologies to you for the cynicism, but you can understand why - it's not uncommon for the authorities to fudge a story out there, and I am going by UK standards of policing.

Still, wishing Pant a speedy recovery.

The Pant alcohol issue has been discussed above.

Unless there is actual facts to support it, lets leave for now.

Driving for 200km with 8-10 speed cameras and one happens to be right on the spot where the crash was, yeah ok.

It’s 4am, empty roads…not one normal person would drive on a motorway under 50mph

hes lucky no one else got hurt, regardless of speed it was clearly dangerous driving, but I'm pretty sure he'll learn his lesson and prosecuting him wouldn't really serve any purpose. hope he recovers, is a huge loss for the indian test team.

Team India's star wicketkeeper-batter Rishabh Pant is undergoing treatment for multiple injuries after he met with a car accident in the early morning hours of Friday. Pant's car collided with a divider on the Delhi-Dehradun highway as the player was travelling to his hometown of Roorkee in Uttarakhand. The car caught fire after the accident and Pant was rescued by a Haryana Roadways driver and conductor, who arrived at the spot immediately after the accident.

Pant is currently being treated at a private hospital in Dehradun but Delhi and District Cricket Association director Shyam Sharma requested fans as well as VIPs to avoid visiting the wicketkeeper-batter at this time.

"Those who are going to meet Pant should avoid, as there are chances of infection," the Delhi cricket official said, as quoted by ANI.

"There should be no VIP movement to meet Pant, and people visiting him should avoid it as there are chances of infection for Pant," DDCA director Shyam Sharma further said.

He also said Pant is stable and recovering.

"He is stable and recovering well. Our BCCI doctors are in touch with the doctors here. Jay Shah is monitoring it. As of now, he'll remain admitted here. He told me that he tried to save (his car) from a pothole (when the accident occurred)," said Shyam Sharma.

https://www.hindustantimes.com/cric...star-undergoes-treatment-101672552503496.html

It does actually. All speed cameras from Delhi to Narsan say he was within limit.

Bro what I mean is that it takes a lot of energy to press on the accelerator unless he accidentally switch on cruise control and then went to sleep

So far he injured himself, it would have been a different story if he hit someone else - and it was proven he dozed off

Here in BC, Canada - a punjabi girl hit someone after studing late in college and dozed off, that person died. Guess what she got? 1 year HOUSE ARREST

Bro what I mean is that it takes a lot of energy to press on the accelerator unless he accidentally switch on cruise control and then went to sleep

I wont be surprised if he actually had switched on cruise control.

So far he injured himself, it would have been a different story if he hit someone else - and it was proven he dozed off

Here in BC, Canada - a punjabi girl hit someone after studing late in college and dozed off, that person died. Guess what she got? 1 year HOUSE ARREST

Because it was unintentional.

Miraculous escape for the champion... yes he will miss most cricket this year but it will also give time for him to cool and slow down. He has been the backbone of Indian cricket over last 2 or 3 years.

Back