[VIDEOS] Rohit Sharma announces his retirement from the T20Is - How will he be remembered in this format?

BouncerGuy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Runs
Rohit Sharma, known for his elegant batting style and effortless stroke play, has had an illustrious career in T20I cricket. He has been a cornerstone of the Indian batting line-up.

Over his career, he played 159 matches in T20I cricket, during which he scored a total of 4231 runs. His average in T20Is was 31.34, and he maintained a strike rate of 140.9.

His highest score in T20Is was 121. He has scored 5 centuries and 32 half-centuries. Notably, Rohit ended his T20I career with the most sixes by a batsman in the format, hitting 205 sixes.

How will he be remembered for all these achievements and finally winning the T20 World Cup as Captain.

-------------------------------

Rohit Sharma (India Captain) post-match Press Conference - 29th June 2024

[Reporter:]

Rohit like on your own international Do you think you will be there for a while longer? Like, how do you see yourself?

[Rohit Sharma:]

No, no, this was my last game as well. No, honestly, I've enjoyed since the time I started playing this format. And nothing better time to say goodbye to this format. I've loved every moment of this. I started my India career playing this format. And this is what I wanted. I wanted to win the cup and say thank you.

[Reporter:]

Is that just T20s just to check? Yeah. Just T20s international?

[Rohit Sharma:]

Yeah.​

He'll continue in ODIs just like Kohli. They are greedy to play along for 4 more years and get their grubby hands on that trophy.

To the question in OP, Rohit will go down as one of the top 10 greatest white ball batsman of all time.

Sachin
Kohli
Rohit
ABdV
IVAR
Dhoni
Gilchrist
Jayasuriya
Ponting
Bevan

He'll continue in ODIs just like Kohli. They are greedy to play along for 4 more years and get their grubby hands on that trophy.

To the question in OP, Rohit will go down as one of the top 10 greatest white ball batsman of all time.

Sachin
Kohli
Rohit
ABdV
IVAR
Dhoni
Gilchrist
Jayasuriya
Ponting
Bevan

Rohit will likely retire in a year or so.

CT 25 and WTC 25 are his likely targets.

Sachin
Kohli
Rohit
ABdV
IVAR
Dhoni
Gilchrist
Jayasuriya
Ponting
Bevan
He just turned 37. No way he's playing till he's 40. In T20 tamasha cricket maybe not at the highest level.

We've got him for a year or so more. What a legacy he'll leave though. He's changed the philosophy of Indian white ball batting and led by example himself till everyone absorbed the change.

As per reports,Gambhir already mentioned ct 25 will be the last tournament for seniors.(if it's odi).I don't see rohit may prolong after wtc 25 especially when gambhir is at his throat

Durban night 2007, Ind in trouble at 40 odd for 4, SA pacers fired up.. Enter the 20 year old youngsta beauty.. Rest is history.. Thanks Rohit.. My fav player from the current gen..
Yeah that was sime innings on a spicy pitch.. I was like who is this guy... Hooking and pulling at so much ease

Durban night 2007, Ind in trouble at 40 odd for 4, SA pacers fired up.. Enter the 20 year old youngsta beauty.. Rest is history.. Thanks Rohit.. My fav player from the current gen..
I thought we got a perfect player with out any technical issues.only that guy disappeared for next few years until msd made him a great opener out of his hat.I remember he played almost 85 one days with avg of 28 and msd kept on playing him

Rohit has shown flashes of brilliance in T20's. Overall, I feel he underachieved. Still a great career. He is smart to retire on high. People will remember his T20 career fondly now instead of drudging like MSD's career.

Rohit Sharma became the second oldest captain to win an ICC trophy after he led his side to a second T20 World Cup title against South Africa in Barbados.

Rohit's age [37y, 60d], making him the oldest captain to win ICC T20 World Cup 2024. He is also the second-oldest captain to win an ICC tournament final, behind Imran Khan, who was 39 years and 172 days old when Pakistan defeated England in the 1992 ODI World Cup final.

Rohit will be remember as most destructive batsman forever. His ability to hit massive sixes makes him unique.

Rohit Sharma’s story nothing short of a fairytell.. Rohit in the childhood raised by his grand parents in Borivali (Mumbai) slum and he worked hard to achieve this success

Back