[PICTURES/VIDEOS] Is Rohit Sharma finished or has he still something left in the tank?

Is Rohit Sharma finished as an explosive batter outside powerplay?

• Total voters
Even with all his achievement, I feel he has underachieved. He had massive talent. I know this word talent is used to loosely in cricket but Rohit had serious talent. He has so much time against fast bowlers that it’s unbelievable. A shame that he couldn’t perform well in Tests. I saw him first time in 2009 T20 WC warmup match against Pakistan. He scored 80 something and I was like who the heck is this guy? Looked so pleasing to the eye but then he couldn’t perform well for many years until he was brought back in as an opener.

On topic - think that dead rubber match against Australia was an exception. I don’t believe he can play an innings like that or anything closer to it in semis or/and in finals. That innings was an innings without pressure where he didn’t care whatever happened. It would be hard for him to repeat that performance in any of next two matches.
How had he underachieved? He's literally considered the 2nd greatest whiteball opener India has ever had? Only behind Sachin.

Rohit isn't known as the type of guy to perform in every game, They dubbed him as hitman for a reason.

Any other Indian cricketer if they perform it can be beneficial for India or costly, Even kohli doesn't escape that but If hitman performs then unless the entire team collapses like a house of cards which is what happened in 2023 final, very likely India will win.

His 9 RR starts, or his double centuries or his blistering quick fire 50's and 100's have ensured india's victory atleast 99% of the time

While speaking on local sports channel, former Pakistan all-rounder Mohammad Hafeez was all praise for Rohit after India won the match by 24 runs:

“When you set big goals then your pedigree increases. If I talk about Rohit, India’s leadership deserves to win the World Cup. The way he played unconditional cricket like a champion player. He didn’t care if there was any seam or swing."

“Special effort and you can’t praise anyone enough when you weigh their performances with Rohit, others efforts would only look smaller. Rohit is the only person at the moment who deserves to win this World Cup for India.”

“The way he played his innings, he planned this last year and started the execution accordingly. If you see the last 50-over World Cup, he was the standout performer for India. Regardless of the situation, he was playing selfless."

“The most impressing part of his innings was that he was not thinking about any of his milestones and was hitting the ball accordingly. And at the post-match he said, '50s and 100s doesn't matter to me now'. Because he knows what he wants to be, he doesn't want a hundred centuries. He wants to be a champion player, who will always be remembered, winning ICC trophies."

Shanthakumaran Nair Sreesanth, while speaking to the media on a local sports channel, said:

"Rohit Sharma has all the capabilities of a winning captain. He's got that experience, so I don't see any reason why he can't go all the way and win the World Cup. We spoke about Rashid Khan and how, with brotherhood, he has kept the team as a unit. Similarly, Rohit Sharma has also done it many times in franchise cricket. He knows every player individually."

Rohit had a good career, but he is more of a dead weight now considering India has better options to replace him. But BCCI chose him to captain the side for the final time so he could win it, but don't think he will. He will go without this trophy as well.
What's your say now, after that knock against Australia?

Hopefully he repeats the Australia game batting vs England in SF ..... and then again in the final before retiring

I believe rohit played the one big innings. Tough to repeat it in the sf. Eng team will be more aware and will plan accordingly. And the pressure on rohit to play a similar innings will be ridiculous. Other players kohli and pant have to step up in the sf. Their run a ball knocks will lead to nowhere. Especially pant who has mediocre in t20 for a while even before his accident . If rohit goes early- who is India's enforcer? Eng now has Archer and adil is a very crafty spinner.

Even with all his achievement, I feel he has underachieved. He had massive talent. I know this word talent is used to loosely in cricket but Rohit had serious talent. He has so much time against fast bowlers that it’s unbelievable. A shame that he couldn’t perform well in Tests. I saw him first time in 2009 T20 WC warmup match against Pakistan. He scored 80 something and I was like who the heck is this guy? Looked so pleasing to the eye but then he couldn’t perform well for many years until he was brought back in as an opener.

On topic - think that dead rubber match against Australia was an exception. I don’t believe he can play an innings like that or anything closer to it in semis or/and in finals. That innings was an innings without pressure where he didn’t care whatever happened. It would be hard for him to repeat that performance in any of next two matches.
He was part of 2007 WT20 WC winning squad..and in the finals smacked a 16 ball 30 to take India to that score, only Gauti and he scored that day, all others flopped.

Slower ball outside off stump by Archer straight up in the air old man rohit will be curtains.

He was part of 2007 WT20 WC winning squad..and in the finals smacked a 16 ball 30 to take India to that score, only Gauti and he scored that day, all others flopped.
I’m talking about now. I think the age has caught up. I’m not saying he cannot handle pressure just that his old body might not be up for it. He played well against Bangladesh in warm up, the flopped in all other matches until this dead rubber match against Australia. His foot movement and hand-eye coordination when under pressure isnt the same anymore.

Slower ball outside off stump by Archer straight up in the air old man rohit will be curtains.
Is not the same ball which cummins tried as his first delivery and got deposited as 6 through the mid wicket ?

He has a tendency to crumble under pressure

RohitSharma in ICC knockouts:

8* vs AUS (T20 WC 2007 s/f)
30*(16) vs PAK (T20 WC 2007 final)
33 vs SL (CT 2013 s/f)
9 vs ENG (CT 2013 final)
24 vs SA (T20 WC 2014 s/f)
29 vs SL (T20 WC 2014 final)
137 vs BAN (WC 2015 q/f)
34 vs AUS (WC 2015 s/f)
But this is new Rohit. If at all he fails it won't be due to pressure. Will be mostly due to poor execution.

Lol so Wasim Akram has no legacy now?
Yep no such legacy as a wonder captain but still reckon as a decent one. For being an exceptional captain an ICC trophy is must or else you must be as dominant as Graeme Smith

Yep no such legacy as a wonder captain but still reckon as a decent one. For being an exceptional captain an ICC trophy is must or else you must be as dominant as Graeme Smith
Rohit will also obviously be a decent one, even if he wins this.
Also what domination by Smith specifically?

Rohit did okay in 2023 wc winning 10 on thr bounce. Now remains unbeaten. Closing out will determine his legacy. Frankly the only reason they play this edition for silverware. He will be gutted if he slips up once more.

How had he underachieved? He's literally considered the 2nd greatest whiteball opener India has ever had? Only behind Sachin.

Rohit isn't known as the type of guy to perform in every game, They dubbed him as hitman for a reason.

Any other Indian cricketer if they perform it can be beneficial for India or costly, Even kohli doesn't escape that but If hitman performs then unless the entire team collapses like a house of cards which is what happened in 2023 final, very likely India will win.

His 9 RR starts, or his double centuries or his blistering quick fire 50's and 100's have ensured india's victory atleast 99% of the time
Rohit Sharma was earmarked as a great talent even before he debuted for India. He was considered to have more potential than Kohli. In an interview, Kohli remarked, "Everyone kept talking about Rohit, and I was like, ‘who’s this Rohit? I’m not bad either but everyone keeps talking about him?’ Then I saw him play and was in awe. The hype was real."

Looking at their career trajectories, Kohli cemented his place right away, but it took Rohit 7 years to establish himself. During this period, he was one of the most criticized players in India. Rohit was dropped from the 2009 Champions Trophy and 2011 World Cup squads. He didn't perform well in ICC tournaments until the 2017 Champions Trophy. In the 2013 ICC Champions Trophy, he showed glimpses of his potential in ODIs. In the T20 World Cups of 2012 and 2014, he did not achieve anything significant, and he had a poor showing in the 2016 T20 World Cup. In the 2015 World Cup, despite much promise, his only century and fifty came against Bangladesh and Ireland, respectively.

In Tests, he has been an average player as well. His inability to succeed in Tests remains a mystery. For a player like Rohit, underachieving in Tests means he will always be considered an underachiever.

I label him an underachiever based on the factors mentioned above. From 2007 to 2013, he averaged in the 30s in ODIs after playing over 100 matches. Now, his average is almost 50 in ODIs, which means in about 10 years, he has averaged in the 60s. I believe he is a batsman capable of averaging over 60, but underachievement in his earlier years held him back.

Contrary to popular belief, Rohit isn’t an inconsistent batsman. From 2013 to 2020, he averaged over 50 for 8 consecutive years, demonstrating remarkable consistency. He is dubbed the "Hitman" because his centuries often seal the game for his team. When Kohli scores a century, the opposition still has a chance to make a comeback, but when Rohit does, it's usually game over for the opposition.

Rohit did okay in 2023 wc winning 10 on thr bounce. Now remains unbeaten. Closing out will determine his legacy. Frankly the only reason they play this edition for silverware. He will be gutted if he slips up once more.
One thing for sure he is a better white ball captain than Kohli

He is now 37. Don't think he will play for much long.

Is this his last World T20? It should be.

It is… he was part of the first one and contributed immensely

I believe Rohit and Shakib are the only players who have played in every single World T20 since the first one (2007 World T20).

I expect this World T20 to be the last one for both as well.

Rohit Sharma was earmarked as a great talent even before he debuted for India. He was considered to have more potential than Kohli. In an interview, Kohli remarked, "Everyone kept talking about Rohit, and I was like, ‘who’s this Rohit? I’m not bad either but everyone keeps talking about him?’ Then I saw him play and was in awe. The hype was real."

Looking at their career trajectories, Kohli cemented his place right away, but it took Rohit 7 years to establish himself. During this period, he was one of the most criticized players in India. Rohit was dropped from the 2009 Champions Trophy and 2011 World Cup squads. He didn't perform well in ICC tournaments until the 2017 Champions Trophy. In the 2013 ICC Champions Trophy, he showed glimpses of his potential in ODIs. In the T20 World Cups of 2012 and 2014, he did not achieve anything significant, and he had a poor showing in the 2016 T20 World Cup. In the 2015 World Cup, despite much promise, his only century and fifty came against Bangladesh and Ireland, respectively.

In Tests, he has been an average player as well. His inability to succeed in Tests remains a mystery. For a player like Rohit, underachieving in Tests means he will always be considered an underachiever.

I label him an underachiever based on the factors mentioned above. From 2007 to 2013, he averaged in the 30s in ODIs after playing over 100 matches. Now, his average is almost 50 in ODIs, which means in about 10 years, he has averaged in the 60s. I believe he is a batsman capable of averaging over 60, but underachievement in his earlier years held him back.

Contrary to popular belief, Rohit isn’t an inconsistent batsman. From 2013 to 2020, he averaged over 50 for 8 consecutive years, demonstrating remarkable consistency. He is dubbed the "Hitman" because his centuries often seal the game for his team. When Kohli scores a century, the opposition still has a chance to make a comeback, but when Rohit does, it's usually game over for the opposition.
Good post, but a couple of points.

Rohit had a very good tournament in 2007& 2013, without him India wouldn't have won either trophy.

And for your last point, Kohli has more tons in winning causes than Ro, there was a time when Sharmaji was raking up tons in losing causes

Good knock today after being dropped, SKY and Hardik did better oversll
and the middle order has actually been better for once

Good knock today after being dropped, SKY and Hardik did better oversll
and the middle order has actually been better for once
For all the tournaments before it was Indian top order who used to perform but things are diametrically opposite this once

For all the tournaments before it was Indian top order who used to perform but things are diametrically opposite this once
And it works that way for India, we have only won when middle order performs 2011 or 2007, in 2007 Final Rohit (he was middle order batsman then) hit a 16 ball 30.. he and Gauti got us that defendable score.

Rohit Sharma 5th Indian to Hit 5000 Runs as Captain in International Cricket​

Rohit Sharma continued his fine form at the 2024 T20 World Cup as he peeled off a superb half-century against England in the second semi-final in Guyana on Thursday. Rohit scored 57 off 39 with the help of six fours and two sixes.

During the course of his innings Rohit completed 5000 runs as captain and thus became the fifth ever Indian to do so after Mohammad Azharuddin, Sourav Ganguly, MS Dhoni and Virat Kohli.

Rohit now has 5033 runs from 122 matches (across formats) as captain at an average of 42.65. He has 11 centuries and 30 half-centuries to his name.

1719533151655.png

One more inning Rohit needs to perform, I know it’s a lot to expect but if he wants the trophy he has to.

Irrespective he has now a 16 ball 30 against PCT in 2007 as a middle order batsman in somewhat low scoring thriller and a 50 in semifinal..

Based on Pak posters logic he must be king due to KO performance

Rohit is heading toward a perfect campaign. 1 more win and his legacy will be cemented as the 2nd Indian captain to win the T20 world cup since 2007.

It will also be a perfect time for him to say good bye to this sport.

Looks emotional here. Virat walking back tried to highfive him and he just covered his face with his elbow like he broke down or something. Amazing how much the lack of titles can affect an ATG

View attachment 144864
Rohit as a promising youngster was left out of 2011 ODI world cup. His redemption would have been 2023 ODI world cup win as captain but was not to be, hence the emotions.

Still not as good as MSD..MSD would have never failed to win a tournament with this gun team
I was a great dhoni and still . Dhoni definetly had bit of luck going for him in semis/finals specially in 2011 semis and 2007 t20 finals.
MSD failed to win 2015 ODI, 2014 t20 final and 2016 t20 semis.
MSD failed to win 2009 t20, 2010 t20 and 2012 t20.

MSD's CSK won 5 IPL finals/IPL trophiers and lost as many IPL finals.

Rohit too is a great captain . Dhoni had likes of yuvraj,sehwag,kohli and rohit. It took a while for ROHIT to nurture SKY/Pandya etc.

Unrelated but worth to mention..... Gauti, I never rated him when he was playing. But looking back, whenever there is pressure crunch match, Gauti most often than not, did deliver. 2011 WC, Dhoni got all the focus but had Gambhir was not there, I don't think Dhoni could have accumulated that day.

I was a great dhoni and still . Dhoni definetly had bit of luck going for him in semis/finals specially in 2011 semis and 2007 t20 finals.
MSD failed to win 2015 ODI, 2014 t20 final and 2016 t20 semis.
MSD failed to win 2009 t20, 2010 t20 and 2012 t20.

MSD's CSK won 5 IPL finals/IPL trophiers and lost as many IPL finals.

Rohit too is a great captain . Dhoni had likes of yuvraj,sehwag,kohli and rohit. It took a while for ROHIT to nurture SKY/Pandya etc.
MSD never had a good team like this. Come on. There was no Bumrah at his disposal. Indian bowling was always average. But he created a team full of players with ancillary skills. Also he knew how to clitch crunch moments. Rohit has no silverware at the international level. Botched the easiest world cup final by not being proactive when Australia was 3 down. His body language, defensive field sets would not have happened under MSD.

Good to see that he did an encore. On that pitch batsmen could have got bogged down especially after two quick wickets of Kohli and Pant but Rohit ensured that the RR stayed high even after multiple interruptions.

For me this innings was better than Aus one given the difficulty and pressure. His intent was the difference and spurred on remaining batters including SKY.

MSD never had a good team like this. Come on. There was no Bumrah at his disposal. Indian bowling was always average. But he created a team full of players with ancillary skills. Also he knew how to clitch crunch moments. Rohit has no silverware at the international level. Botched the easiest world cup final by not being proactive when Australia was 3 down. His body language, defensive field sets would not have happened under MSD.
MSD had yuvraj, raina, gambhir,sehwag and sachin . Zaheer khan was at his peak during 2011 world cup. Harbajhan, ashiwn was a deadly combo too. Please do not make it appear as if MSD had no strong team, 2011 was one of the strongest teams which had great batting depth and very good bowling lineup.

Botched the easiest world cup final by not being proactive when Australia was 3 down.
Seriously? 241 was not a winning score in 1996 final. even after 27 years, 241 was never enough in 2023. There was due through out second innings after 15 overs, no turn oon offer for kuldeep/Jadeja. Rohit had to do balancing act of taking wickets vs containg limited runs. The match was lost when Dravid opted for tampered pitch when the norm for finals is always a sporting/true wicket.

His body language,defensive field sets . The captain did not have cushion of runs on the board. Despite MSD's kewl body language india was crushed in 2015 ODI semins, 2014 t20 final and 2016 t20 semis. Body language is no bench mark, depends on personality of players. Unless its feeble like KL rahul's body language, Rohit/virat s body language is never in question. Having said that. It is dhonis innate personality of being zen like which others cant fake or emulate.

Unrelated but worth to mention..... Gauti, I never rated him when he was playing. But looking back, whenever there is pressure crunch match, Gauti most often than not, did deliver. 2011 WC, Dhoni got all the focus but had Gambhir was not there, I don't think Dhoni could have accumulated that day.
2007 t20 final too Gauti performed. MSD often gets the credit but with out Yuvraj + gambhirs crucial contributions Dhonis legacy would have never existed.

If SKY/PANDYA/KOHLI turn up in the final, Rohit would look as great as MSD if india wins the 2024 t20 final

MSD had a gun batting lineup at his disposal. Bowling squad consisted of Zaheer, Nehra, Sreesanth, Munaf, Ashwin and Harbhajan who combined are better than current bowling. Add to that Sachin, Viru, Raina, Yuvraj and Yusuf could bowl handy overs. If this is not a gun squad in SC conditions, i donno which one is 🙏🏻..

One more inning Rohit needs to perform, I know it’s a lot to expect but if he wants the trophy he has to.

Irrespective he has now a 16 ball 30 against PCT in 2007 as a middle order batsman in somewhat low scoring thriller and a 50 in semifinal..

Based on Pak posters logic he must be king due to KO performance
India's game against SA in 2007 was a virtual KO. Lose and you go home. Under lights on a juicy pitch, he scored a 50 when Ind was 40 odd for 4. Along with Dhoni got Ind to 150 odd which was more than enough..

India's game against SA in 2007 was a virtual KO. Lose and you go home. Under lights on a juicy pitch, he scored a 50 when Ind was 40 odd for 4. Along with Dhoni got Ind to 150 odd which was more than enough..
And also one of the most hilarious chokes in history by SA. They were table toppers and had not lost a match in the tournament They needed just 126 in 20 overs to guarantee semis and yet somehow crashed and burnt finishing at 116

Have a feeling this might be his last T20I. He's giving it all. Despite his age. One big push to win the WT20.

Have a feeling this might be his last T20I. He's giving it all. Despite his age. One big push to win the WT20.

I actually think he might retire from all formats if we win.

Will be fitting to end his career with a T20 WC Win as it started with one too.

I actually think he might retire from all formats if we win.

Will be fitting to end his career with a T20 WC Win as it started with one too.
I don't think he'll retire from all formats just yet. T20s yes. But he might want to play CT25 in Pakistan and then there's WTC too so he might stick around for that.

MSD had a gun batting lineup at his disposal. Bowling squad consisted of Zaheer, Nehra, Sreesanth, Munaf, Ashwin and Harbhajan who combined are better than current bowling. Add to that Sachin, Viru, Raina, Yuvraj and Yusuf could bowl handy overs. If this is not a gun squad in SC conditions, i donno which one is 🙏🏻..

Bowling had no true genius like Bumrah or Kuldeep.

Batting yes that was stronger

Bowling had no true genius like Bumrah or Kuldeep.

Batting yes that was stronger
Zaheer was one of the top wicket takers in that WC. And as a combination that bowling lineup was better. Currently it is a Bumrah who is standing out.. Add to that umpteen batters who could bowl.. Infact Yuvraj had around 15 wkts.. So as a bowling lineup not much difference.

Sourav Ganguly, while interacting with the media at an event:

"I'm very happy for Rohit Sharma. Life comes full circle. Six months ago he was not even the captain of Mumbai Indians and the same man is now leading India to a World Cup final, unbeaten."

"He has played two World Cup finals where he has gone into the final unbeaten. That speaks of his captaincy and leadership quality and I'm not surprised because he became captain when I was the BCCI president and when Virat didn't want to captain India anymore."

"It took a lot of time to make him captain because he was not ready to captain. It took a lot of pushing from all of us to make him captain and I'm very happy to see the progress of Indian cricket under him."

"Rohit has the record of winning five IPL titles, which is a huge achievement. Winning an IPL sometimes is more difficult. Don't misquote me, I'm not saying IPL is better than international cricket."

"But you have to win 16-17 (12-13) matches to win an IPL; here you need to win 8-9 matches to win a World Cup. The honour is more in winning the World Cup, and I hope Rohit does it tomorrow."

"I don't think he can lose two World Cup finals in seven (six) months. He will probably jump into the Barbados ocean if he loses two finals under his captaincy in seven months. He has led from the front, batted brilliantly, and I hope it continues tomorrow. Hope India finishes on the right side, and they should play with freedom."

"They have been the best side of the competition. I wish them luck, I wish they win. Hope they have a little bit of luck tomorrow because that is required to win big tournaments."

MSD had yuvraj, raina, gambhir,sehwag and sachin . Zaheer khan was at his peak during 2011 world cup. Harbajhan, ashiwn was a deadly combo too. Please do not make it appear as if MSD had no strong team, 2011 was one of the strongest teams which had great batting depth and very good bowling lineup.

Botched the easiest world cup final by not being proactive when Australia was 3 down.
Seriously? 241 was not a winning score in 1996 final. even after 27 years, 241 was never enough in 2023. There was due through out second innings after 15 overs, no turn oon offer for kuldeep/Jadeja. Rohit had to do balancing act of taking wickets vs containg limited runs. The match was lost when Dravid opted for tampered pitch when the norm for finals is always a sporting/true wicket.

His body language,defensive field sets . The captain did not have cushion of runs on the board. Despite MSD's kewl body language india was crushed in 2015 ODI semins, 2014 t20 final and 2016 t20 semis. Body language is no bench mark, depends on personality of players. Unless its feeble like KL rahul's body language, Rohit/virat s body language is never in question. Having said that. It is dhonis innate personality of being zen like which others cant fake or emulate.
No excuse for not having slip for your trump card Kuldeep. That was a cardinal error. India just needed to get rid of Head. All the others would have folded under pressure. Labu was frankly playing for India. That was not even a good Australian side.

Rohit Sharma 5th Indian to Hit 5000 Runs as Captain in International Cricket​

Rohit Sharma continued his fine form at the 2024 T20 World Cup as he peeled off a superb half-century against England in the second semi-final in Guyana on Thursday. Rohit scored 57 off 39 with the help of six fours and two sixes.

During the course of his innings Rohit completed 5000 runs as captain and thus became the fifth ever Indian to do so after Mohammad Azharuddin, Sourav Ganguly, MS Dhoni and Virat Kohli.

Rohit now has 5033 runs from 122 matches (across formats) as captain at an average of 42.65. He has 11 centuries and 30 half-centuries to his name.

View attachment 144858
Kohli may have the highest runs but still he ranks below to Rohit when it comes to captaincy in ICC events

Rohit Sharma is on the verge of a historic achievement as India faces South Africa in the ICC T20 World Cup final. He is just six runs away from surpassing Virat Kohli's record of 1,216 runs to become the highest run-getter in ICC T20 World Cup history. Rohit Sharma currently has 1,211 runs in ICC T20 World Cups, including 248 runs in the ongoing edition. He has been a consistent performer with 12 half-centuries and a century across the tournament.

Sharma FINISHED? He beat the KANGAROO out of the ARROGANT Aussis and beat the England. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Last edited by a moderator:
Wasim Akram made a contrast between Rohit Sharma's and Pakistan's skipper captaincy:

"Look, the role of a leader is always very important. The body language of the leader becomes the body language of the team. The leader has to set an example. Take Rohit Sharma as an example. Now, look at his (Rohit's) game and his style of playing; the lower-order batsmen who come in are all confident because the captain likes to play aggressive and attacking cricket. So, I always believe that the role of the captain is very important,"

the way he was playing i think he could have played 1 more year buti think its a good decision to leave this format at a very high note.

the way he was playing i think he could have played 1 more year buti think its a good decision to leave this format at a very high note.
This was pre-planned for both Rohit & Virat. They were not picked for any T20Is since 2022 WC. They had just played 2 games each during that time. India had already started to prepare for their exit by making Pandya the captain in T20Is. After this Zimbabwe tour, the team will start developing under Hardik for the next WC. It was expected that these two will announce their retirement after this tournament. If you observe closely, Virat mentioned that he had planned this even if India had lost, so neither of them were planning to carry on.

Good decision. At his age, any fall in form will be hard to come back.

He is a legend and people will now remember him as a champion. Lifting the trophy will forever be etched in the minds of cricketing fans. A true super star of Indian cricket.

Most runs as an Indian opener in International Cricket

16119 - Virendra Sehwag
15335 - Sachin Tendulkar
15010* - Rohit Sharma
12258 - Sunil Gavaskar
10867 - Shikhar Dhawan

Hitman takes charge yet again

Rohit Sharma is inevitable.

He came back from depression to give Bharat a World Cup.

A 33-ball fifty for Rohit Sharma against Sri Lanka in 1st ODI, he has picked up his ODI form from where he left it, killing the game inside the powerplay with his approach

He is not finished at all.

Rohit Sharma with the 50 he scored against SL in the 1st ODI, equalled Sachin Tendulkar for the most 50+ scores by Indian openers in International cricket.

Nobody can say that he is finished. This guy has just bowled 2 overs in the 2nd ODI against Sri Lanka.

Gave 11 runs so far, no wicket

xSK3Cco.png

Rohit is off to a flier again

Rohit Sharma scores 4th fifty inside powerplay in ODIs

Indian batters to score fifties inside powerplay (1-10) in ODIs

7 - Virendra Sehwag
4 - Rohit Sharma
1 - Gautam Gambir
1 - Sachin Tendulkar

Last edited:
Rohit sharman is finished he can only bat inside PP in Asian conditions. Aside from that he has no utility left.
He's doing well though in PP but Rohit of old would kick on murder the opposition

Rohit Sharma is one of the 2 batters to hit 100+ sixes in first 10 overs

Most 6s in powerplay (1-10) in ODIs
152 - Chris Gayle
120* - Rohit Sharma
91 - Martin Guptill
85 - Brendon McCullum
62 - Paul Stirling

Rohit has reinvented himself after he was made captain. To do that this late in his career is amazing.

He should have taken retirement from ODIs and continued to play T20 cricket. His temperament for playing the longer format of the game has finished now.

Back