[PICTURES/VIDEOS] Is Rohit Sharma finished or has he still something left in the tank?

Is Rohit Sharma finished as an explosive batter outside powerplay?

• Total voters
In my opinion, Rohit Sharma has now surpassed Virat Kohli as the greatest Indian white ball batsman. Batting like that at 37 is unreal. He is now not only India's best but also Asia's best white ball batsman.

Rohit Sharma is definitely not finished. He is currently way ahead of the other Asian batters like Virat, Babar etc. Virat is no way near him atm.

Rohit could have prolonged his T20 career though but it was a perfect moment for him to retire after winning the world cup. He is looking for some similar opportunity to say good bye to other formats.

In my opinion, Rohit Sharma has now surpassed Virat Kohli as the greatest Indian white ball batsman. Batting like that at 37 is unreal. He is now not only India's best but also Asia's best white ball batsman.
PP bullying not enough for odis. For t20is fine. In odis u need to play big innings

He should have taken retirement from ODIs and continued to play T20 cricket. His temperament for playing the longer format of the game has finished now.
LOL he is by far one of if not the best ODI openers going around.

The way he goes around in the PP is amazing.

Rohit Sharma has been in a whole different mode in ODIs since 2023.

qPdPTPt.png

Rohit Sharma has been in a whole different mode in ODIs since 2023.

qPdPTPt.png
He's the best PP basher that's why.

Ever since he aged and got burnt out he's a walking wicket at over 10 onwards, but the insane value he provides from overs 1 to 10 makes India damn near unbeatable because he gets the team to 100 in 10 overs lol

Rohit between 2014-2021 was a bit slow starter in the powerplay but once set would hit big tons on a regular basis.

The current version plays quickfire knocks in the powerplay but doesn't bat all the way through.

Ofcourse, you won't get everything.

He is not finished at all, not yet.

In the latest ICC rankings, Rohit Sharma moves up to second place after scoring 157 runs in the series against Sri Lanka and overtakes his teammate Shubman Gill for the 2nd spot.

He is not finished at all, not yet.

In the latest ICC rankings, Rohit Sharma moves up to second place after scoring 157 runs in the series against Sri Lanka and overtakes his teammate Shubman Gill for the 2nd spot.
Rankings are for fake kings and stat padders.
Rohit is a beast in the PP and surely has left his legacy in LOI.

On his YouTube channel, Ravichandran Ashwin shared his views saying that opener Rohit Sharma will not leave the Mumbai Indians franchise and will continue playing for the franchise in the IPL 2025 season:

"Even if you think like Rohit, it's not wrong at all. I don't want any headache. I have been a captain for India. I have captained Mumbai many times. Even if I am not a captain, I am going to Mumbai happily. If I play for Mumbai, it's super. I am sure most players are like that. After a stage, money doesn't matter for some of those players. That's the thing."

Scott Styris reminisced about spending time with a teenage Rohit Sharma during the IPL, when they were teammates at the Deccan Chargers franchise, in an interview with local Indian sports media:

“It (IPL 2008) was my first opportunity to be a teammate and see (and hear of) Rohit Sharma. He was with us at the Deccan Chargers. He was 19 or 20 years old at that time and I could see then that this kid was something special. I've just come back from Sri Lanka where I commentated on India vs Sri Lanka, caught up with him there and he’s still the same guy that he was 16 years ago.”

Rohit has a great chance to cement a legacy in Test cricket with the coming Australia tour. He will get to play 5 tests and if he can have a good tour with couple of hundreds, he will then have centuries in England, Australia and Windies.

He needs that one memorable performance in either Australia or South Africa, preferably Australia and he has a great chance to do it.

Rohit has a great chance to cement a legacy in Test cricket with the coming Australia tour. He will get to play 5 tests and if he can have a good tour with couple of hundreds, he will then have centuries in England, Australia and Windies.

He needs that one memorable performance in either Australia or South Africa, preferably Australia and he has a great chance to do it.
Yeah, I think he has done well in England now his stats aren't shabby in Nz too he needs a top notch performance in Aus and he can easily become our third best test opener ever.

Aakash Chopra on his YouTube channel stated that either MI would release him or Rohit would part ways with the franchise:

“Will he stay or will he go? It's a big question. Personally, I feel he will not stay. Whoever is retained will be with the thinking that he will remain with you for three years, unless your name is MS Dhoni. MS Dhoni and Chennai Super Kings' story is very different but Rohit Sharma at MI, I feel he might himself leave or MI might leave him.”

Jonty Rhodes recalls coaching Rohit Sharma at Mumbai Indians, Rhodes commented in a YouTube podcast:

“I mean he [Rohit Sharma] hasn’t changed at all. It’s so ridiculous. I just picture his walk when he came out to bat and he would have a few throw-downs in the nets or even shadow-hitting, it was just majestic. He didn’t practice as hard as Sachin Tendulkar. That’s for sure. Maybe he practices away from the nets at times but just his technical ability and I think he doesn’t have the best technique.”

“He’s being criticised for not having a lot of foot movement, but because he is so relaxed at the crease and those hands flow well. It’s been great to see him because he stayed the same, true to himself and I think that’s so important.”

Rohit Sharma against Bangladesh in Tests: Five innings, average of 8.80 runs

Stunning catch by Rohit Sharma

He proving once again why he's tactically the best Indian captain since MS Dhoni. Field setting, bowling changes, he is playing with an attacking mindset and trying to force a result whereas Bangladesh are playing defensive cricket which won't take them anywhere.

He is hiding behind the team man, selfless aggressor batter at the top gimmick to prolong his career.

He has been a brainless hack for two years now.

Rohit Sharma during an interview on a YouTube channel:

"In the second innings, I was very grateful to Ravi Shastri and Virat Kohli for giving me the opportunity to bat up the order. It wasn't an easy decision to promote me in Tests. They trusted me. They asked me to play one practice match, which I did. I got out on the very first ball, but I realized that I didn't have any other choice. It felt like a second birth in Test cricket. I knew I had to grab this opportunity, whether it meant opening, batting at No. 5 or 6, or even lower down the order."

"My response to them was clear: I'll play my natural game and won't take the pressure of trying to survive. I'm going to play freely. If the ball is there, whether it's the first ball of the Test or not, I'm going to hit it. They gave me the freedom to do what I wanted. Ravi Bhai was very eager for me to open in Tests for a long time. He told me in 2015 that I should consider it as an option. He wanted me to open, but the decision wasn't in my hands."

In the first innings, Rohit was not even able to bent down a little more and cover the wickets .He must have easily covered his stumps,if he is fit .he is completely a walking wicket in trying conditions

Stunning catch by Rohit Sharma

He proving once again why he's tactically the best Indian captain since MS Dhoni. Field setting, bowling changes, he is playing with an attacking mindset and trying to force a result whereas Bangladesh are playing defensive cricket which won't take them anywhere.

Rohit Sharma said in a video released by the BCCI:

“The timing had to be good because otherwise, if you don't time the jump well, it is very easy to miss on. I would say I was lucky enough to hold on to it. I put the jump at the right time and put my hand to the right place at the right time.”

Speaking with a local media outlet, Harbhajan Singh explained why he named Rohit ahead of Dhoni as a better Indian skipper:

“I chose Rohit above Dhoni because Rohit is people’s captain. He goes up to the people and asks them what they want. His teammates connect with him very well. But Dhoni’s style was different.”

“He didn’t talk to anyone. He wanted to convey his thoughts through his silence. It was his way of communicating with others.”

“Dhoni and Rohit are completely different leaders.”

“MS Dhoni will never go to a player and will ask him what field you want. He will let you learn from your mistakes.”

“I remember a game where I was fielding at the short fine leg and MS Dhoni was keeping. Shardul Thakur was bowling and the first ball Kane Williamson hit him down the ground for a boundary. The next ball, he bowled at the same length and Williamson played the same shot. I went to MS and asked him to tell Shardul to try and bowl different lengths. MS said to me ‘Paji If I tell him now, then he will never learn. Let him learn by himself.’ His thought process was that when Shardul got hit for boundaries, he would learn it quickly. That was MS Dhoni’s way."

“Rohit is very different. He will go and talk to each player. He is someone who will put his arm around your shoulder and tell you what he wants from you. He will give you that confidence that yes you can do it.”

Back