Vijay Zol - Future Legend in the making

amit

First Class Player
Runs
pakpassion would be 1 of the last places to talk of an emerging batting talent, but if someone is batting the way vijay zol (maharashtra u-19 batsman) has been batting, u cant ignore him

his last 9 scores in cooch behar u-19 -

451*, 82, 176, 292, 90, 4, 73*, 121, 225*

career : 32 matches, 3261 runs @ 95.91 avg - http://www.cricketarchive.com/cgi-b...in=&endseason=&startscore=&team=&startseason=

tournament : 8 matches, 1544 runs @ 193 avg - http://www.cricketarchive.com/Archive/Events/IND/Cooch_Behar_Trophy_2011-12/Batting_by_Average.html

the way this kid has started, he will smash all of :sachins records if he keeps batting like this in the future

he will be the player to watch out in the u-19 world cup

that is ridiculous avg!lets see how he performs this U-19 World Cup...by the way when is it?

Can't argue with those numbers so far, get him in a test side! Haha

marijuana in South Africa is known as zol :)

Good stats but his real test will be when he bats outside the subcontinent

cement_brick_walk_texture.JPG

Can't argue with those numbers so far, get him in a test side! Haha

vijay zol should be included in the test team immediately. is :sachin can debut@16, then why cant vijay zol debut@18 and smash all :sachins records :D

He is good and has played enough games for people to figure him out and yet he averages 95+. That is impressive. Trade him to us and we will give you 2 decent bowlers and Danish Kaneria in return.

Haha, nice one nish. Suppose i kinda walked into that. ;)

Yupp mate was too good to pass up :D

On a side note, if the lads got any talent then BCCI could do no worse than sending off to England for 3 years and 364 days to play in the minor leagues/county.... Would do him a world of good

Yupp mate was too good to pass up :D

On a side note, if the lads got any talent then BCCI could do no worse than sending off to England for 3 years and 364 days to play in the minor leagues/county.... Would do him a world of good

3 years???,he'll debut for India before that

3 years???,he'll debut for India before that

Why get him to debut early? Makes more sense to spend a couple of summers in England, play some grade cricket in Aus and then come into the team.

Will make him mentally stronger first of all and also technically proficient in seaming, swinging conditions and plus a work ethic instilled...

Why get him to debut early? Makes more sense to spend a couple of summers in England, play some grade cricket in Aus and then come into the team.

Will make him mentally stronger first of all and also technically proficient in seaming, swinging conditions and plus a work ethic instilled...

Not happy with the work ethic back home?

but it can also destroy his confidence.we have home series n he should play there with the big boys.3 yrs is anyway too long.can always go to Aus/Eng wth A teams

one thing is for sure,he needs to be kept away from IPL

Not happy with the work ethic back home?

Nope.

Could learn a thing or two form Aussie sportsmen have to say.

Not so much maybe from the English, but definetly there is loads to pick up from the Aussies.

but it can also destroy his confidence.we have home series n he should play there with the big boys.3 yrs is anyway too long.can always go to Aus/Eng wth A teams

one thing is for sure,he needs to be kept away from IPL

Or oculd end up as another HTB....

The issue aint playing at home, that he can even in his sleep- that would be drilled in his DNA.

Indian players in general need to toughen up a bit and get used to playing overseas- that you cant do on an A tour which are a joke anyways. Need to play a season or two to get your technique right and also handle themselves mentally. Dont just wrap him in cotton wool!

3 yrs 364 days was a cheeky comment, as 4 years is the qualifying period for an athlete to qualify for UK :D

Or oculd end up as another HTB....

The issue aint playing at home, that he can even in his sleep- that would be drilled in his DNA.

Indian players in general need to toughen up a bit and get used to playing overseas- that you cant do on an A tour which are a joke anyways. Need to play a season or two to get your technique right and also handle themselves mentally. Dont just wrap him in cotton wool!
playing overseas can come later too,whats the hurry,the kid is still 18,n if God forbid he fails,he may fade into obscurity.he needs to get atleast in the Indian squads n get a bit of confidence.if hes really talented he'll adapt anyways without needing those

3 yrs 364 days was a cheeky comment, as 4 years is the qualifying period for an athlete to qualify for UK :D

haha,didnt know that

Okies not at the age of 18 but definetly once he is 21/22 and plus the lad wont be able to walk into the Indian senior team straight in, there is Pujara, Rohit, Kohli,Mukund, Rahane et al there as well.

The reason i keep harping on about playing overseas is becuase we are being humiliated overseas currently and wish for a stronger next generation.And for once hope that BCCI has a defined succession planning and a strategy for playing overseas.

Problem is not playing at home, there we will peform, but dont want another generation of Raina's at test level.

jealous,ha?;-)

Your Right! I'm jealous of him. Not only him, but i'm also jealous Cheteshwar Pujara, who has an avg of 54 in First Class cricket, but has an avg of 21 in Test cricket.

Show's the quality of phast bowlers and pitches you guys have got!

Your Right! I'm jealous of him. Not only him, but i'm also jealous Cheteshwar Pujara, who has an avg of 54 in First Class cricket, but has an avg of 21 in Test cricket.

And how many matches has Pujara played??

100??

21 avg comment was unwanted..he played on tracks where scores of 200 were not reached by the teams!

Good stats, he should tour Australia, England & SA with the India U-19 team though, to test new conditions.

And the opening line ("PP is the last place to discuss batting talent") was quite unnecessary in my opinion.

Good stats, he should tour Australia, England & SA with the India U-19 team though, to test new conditions.

And the opening line ("PP is the last place to discuss batting talent") was quite unnecessary in my opinion.

India has got a good number of domestic bullies!

Abhinav Mukund, First Class Avg of 57. In Test matches, he has an AVG of 21 in 10 innings.

Why isn't he in the team yet?

Who thinks he is a better player than Tendulkar, Dravid and Laxman when these three elephants got pwned in Australia?

I think when you play on highways, numbers can be deceptive! :D

hope he comes good for India

But would having playing county cricket to judge him

If domestic averages were the measure Fawad Alam would be new Bradukerdravid

if you are talking about pujara then i would say yeah, you are jealous.... When you looked his avg, did you see how many matches he played?

hope he comes good for India

But would having playing county cricket to judge him

If domestic averages were the measure Fawad Alam would be new Bradukerdravid

in ICC game, he is. His avg is 275.64 right at this moment in my team. Fawad is legend. ;-)

our phaast bowler Vinay Kumar has an FC average of 25 no go figure that out

wow magnificitent reccord, get him the squad,

definitely would try him out soon, inplace of vvs,

good players avg 55+, but this guy averages 95+ in age group cricket. if he can bat like this in fc cricket, then we will have a legendary player in the making

<iframe width="480" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/qu9YDlpSG9Y" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Marathis ...please translate :D

<iframe width="480" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/qu9YDlpSG9Y" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Marathis ...please translate :D

Don't understand Marathi, but it is not tough to figure out what he is saying if you know Hindi...

Seems to be a nice lad. He is also a Lefty.

Sehwag is his role model? :asif

Last edited:
Batting details
How out Number

bowled----- 2
caught-----27
lbw--------- 2
not out----- 6
run out----- 1
stumped--- 2
Total------ 40

Last edited:
:)) only been bowled and LBW Twice.

Thats the kind of bowlers they have got in U16 and U19? Might aswell go for a try out in-future ;)

Well rather than being happy about the batting talent he have got. I am worried about what India will bring up as their bowlers in next few years. lmao

Well rather than being happy about the batting talent he have got. I am worried about what India will bring up as their bowlers in next few years. lmao

Yadav, Ishant, Aron, Praveen Kumar are all very young.

They might be pathetic most of the times, but they do bowl fast.

These guys will be there at least for the next 5 years unless some new talent comes out of no where.

These guys will be there at least for the next 5 years unless some new talent comes out of no where.

Ok I'm really happy for you, would you mind to look at there stats after each one of them have played 50 matches and you would know what the fast bowling means. ;):wasim

Ok I'm really happy for you, would you mind to look at there stats after each one of them have played 50 matches and you would know what the fast bowling means. ;):wasim

Ishant has played 44 Tests. His Average is bad. But he still did not lose his pace unlike RP or Nehra or Munaf.

Yadav is very new. Only played 6 Tests. Have to wait and see if he is going to lose his pace.

Ishant has played 44 Tests. His Average is bad. But he still did not lose his pace unlike RP or Nehra or Munaf.

Yadav is very new. Only played 6 Tests. Have to wait and see if he is going to lose his pace.

My friend if fast bowling was just about the pace then the greatest bowler on planet was Shoaib Aktar & we all know he wasn't.

It's not about bowling fast only. You should also be able to swing the ball aswell.

He is serious , like India Media was serious when Irfan Pathan was founded they even compared him with :wasim & claimed he will be greater bowler than him. lmao

Yaar if Guru Greg hadnt happened Irfan would have been Kapil Dev today- the lad had talent, just lost it and more than his speed :(

Would genuinely be happy if Irfan can get back to 130's...

Kher Umeed pe Duniya Kayam Hai

A Pakistani saying that???:O

Actually, most people think that it's all about bowling fast; well not really.

Take alook at Adam Milne against Pakistan.. Kept touching 140+. Was bowling quite fast, but he ended up for runs, and he only managed to pick 1 wicket in 2 games. He went for 94 runs for 8 overs..

Last edited:
Actually, most people think that it's all about bowling fast; well not really.

Take alook at Adam Milne against Pakistan.. Kept touching 140+. Was bowling quite fast, but he ended up for runs, and he only managed to pick 1 wicket in 2 games. He went for 94 runs for 8 overs..

TBH i would prefer Yadav not losing his speed even if he sprays it around...

Plus Aaron as well, if these guys can keep it up in 145 that would be fantastic.

India does need some1 to roughen up the oppo even if he gets spanked around a bit....

Plus remember this is India we are talking about, fast even if waywards bowlers are as rare as Uranium in Iran :D

Indian first class averages mean nothing in test cricket and this kid hasn't even played FC cricket yet. Even Suresh Raina made double hundreds in Indian first class matches.. and Mitchell johnson is a better batsman than him in tests.

109* against pak u-19s today

felt sad he couldnt finish it off. has a touch of :sachin in him

no shortage of batting talent in india i would say the same for pak at under 19 level we can match indians in batting but when it comes to international cricket indian batting delivers better.

no shortage of batting talent in india i would say the same for pak at under 19 level we can match indians in batting but when it comes to international cricket indian batting delivers better.

bcos for some reason these guys improve better
specially while they are picked for indian team.. they magically start performing after few innings i guess its cos of guidance..ur technique would be pretty good if ur selected for international team most of the times

by touch of :sachin i meant that his 1st international 100 ended in the team losing just like :sachin s 100s usually are

by touch of :sachin i meant that his 1st international 100 ended in the team losing just like :sachin s 100s usually are

Too bad the greatest batsman plays with a bunch tossers. Hopefully Zol will find better team mates.

Man this kid reminds me of tendulkar :14:

Scoring a century for losing purpose

Last edited:
@amit

i remember you once posted in a thread abt the top 50 all time ODI batsmaen in which you used averages and strike rates.. can you post that again in this or start a new thread?

Flat track bully!

already// w/o even watching him play
wasnt ur bowling exceptional?
he msut ve done pretty good playing against good bowlers of pakistan no ?

see im even against labeling him as legend if he makes into indian team right now it would be pretty big
but how do u know he is ftb plz tell me ur secret :p

He'll go far in life. Why are people labelling him a FTB when he hasn't played overseas(most likely). When he's a legend bump this :)

He'll go far in life. Why are people labelling him a FTB when he hasn't played overseas(most likely). When he's a legend bump this :)
The last time we made a legend out of Atul Sharma and the person disappeared out of india, so indeed he needs to prove his mettle on foreign pitches otherwis he will be a FTB in the making like Mukund,Rahane and even Rohit Sharma

We always seem to produce world-class batsman. Even now, our batting is very strong, it is the bowling which worries me.

captaining the ind u-19 team now

need some big scores from him now. seems to be doing decently given the captaincy of u-19 team. hope he has a smashing season in ranji this year

Back