Vijay Zol - Future Legend in the making

Saw him bashing Zaheer Khan. Very aggressive inning. Liked it!!

100 for Jadhav. Mumbai about to be knocked out. This is pretty big.

Yup, this is the end of Zaheer i'm afraid. Failing miserably on what seems like a pretty decent pitch. Why the hell are we taking him to NZ?

knew this thread would be bumped :D

vijay zol in smashing form - 100 against pakistan in the u-19 ac final & 91* here in a tricky chase against mumbai

hoping to see vijay zol in the indian team soon :kohli

Saw him on TV today. There is something there, plus he is a very composed young man.

He has a ways to go though. Has a habit of flashing outside off, and when he does that his feet do not move much either.

Still, he has promise.

Amazing display of batting by Zol & Jadhav to knock Mumbai out of Ranji.
Though Jadhav was quite selfish to not allow Zol to score his century.

Hope Zol scores big in Semis and Final. Best luck to him.

vijay zol playing with a sachin tendulkar bat

indicating that he is the next :sachin :D

He is something in the making definitely. Looks talented. His domestic stats r good too.

Honestly,I am not really impressed. He doesn't get the big scores regularly and loves to play slogs towards mid-wicket. He loves to play horizontal bat shots.

I have seen him for a couple of times now. I am not sold on him,at the moment.

Lets not hype up these young guys. Its no doubt that Zol is one of few best u-19 players as of now. Let him grow. To get into Indian team you need an average of at least 50, unless you are Suart Binny and your daddy is one of the selector.

vijay zol :(

had high hopes from him, but he has flopped both as a batsman and as a captain in this u-19 world cup

despite the morning conditions being in favour of bowlers, still vijay zol chose to bat against england in the quarter-final

vijay zol :(

had high hopes from him, but he has flopped both as a batsman and as a captain in this u-19 world cup

despite the morning conditions being in favour of bowlers, still vijay zol chose to bat against england in the quarter-final

Stop praising and bashing your players after one bad series/tournament :facepalm: . I've seen this very often now and very common among Indian fans.

Overrated as hell. :babarazam, Sami Aslam, Quinton de Kock are much brighter prospects from u19s

[MENTION=65183]freelance_cricketer[/MENTION]

Zol not getting enough chances bro.

Looking at the current performance of Indian team, its time to fast track Zol into the national team

Don't know why BCCI is destroying Zol's career :(

Looking at the current performance of Indian team, its time to fast track Zol into the national team

Don't know why BCCI is destroying Zol's career :(

I use to think like this(wanting younger inform players to get a fast call up to national team). Then I realized that if a youngster wants to be called up, he must prove his potential at FC. Unmukt Chand was hyped up and he looked pretty talented as well but now his FC average has fell from 50s to mid 30s. FC is also a good spot for younger guys to be mentally tested. I say let Vijay Zol go through all the testing needed until he becomes a deserving International player like Pujara and Dravid. Mental strength is the key my friend, lets see if Zol has it.

Avgd 47 in his 1st First class season.Still time before he makes the national team.

lol another overhyped Indian player. I remember Indian fans gloating about this Chand guy but look how he has seem to have faded away into the wilderness. But I want to see chances given to this Zol guy so he can flop.

lol another overhyped Indian player. I remember Indian fans gloating about this Chand guy but look how he has seem to have faded away into the wilderness. But I want to see chances given to this Zol guy so he can flop.
Why not talk about your own country?

Sanju Samson is a LOT LOT better player than him.

I want Sanju to be in the Pakistani squad! :-/

Yea

Not even Tendulkar Dravid Gavaskar avgd 60 in India.

Domestic pithches are hardly flat.

rahane used to avg 62 before breaking into the indian team. thats a good avg. to have in indian domestic circuit.

Sanju Samson is a LOT LOT better player than him.

I want Sanju to be in the Pakistani squad! :-/

Sanju has tremendous potential, his arm speed is ridiculous almost like a golfer hence when he hits those big 6s it looks effortless.... I want SS in the side next however Dhoni knows he is a threat so will do whatever it takes to keep him out of the side till he retires...

Sanju has tremendous potential, his arm speed is ridiculous almost like a golfer hence when he hits those big 6s it looks effortless.... I want SS in the side next however Dhoni knows he is a threat so will do whatever it takes to keep him out of the side till he retires...

Some of the shots Sanju plays are out of this world. He does have special talent at least in shorter format. He could still be very raw, but when he hits, it looks effortless.

Look at his sixes collection below. Not one slog. Everything is timing and looks elegant. He was hitting 140k bowlers also effortlessly.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/M6rFr7C24xM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Yea

Not even Tendulkar Dravid Gavaskar avgd 60 in India.

Domestic pithches are hardly flat.

ya but Tendilia, Dravid and Gavaskar performed well outside, but the new generation of Indian players are struggling outside SC. Zol needs to go to Mental test in FC through thick and think before he is given the run. Zol ain't even in the A side.

Some of the shots Sanju plays are out of this world. He does have special talent at least in shorter format. He could still be very raw, but when he hits, it looks effortless.

Look at his sixes collection below. Not one slog. Everything is timing and looks elegant. He was hitting 140k bowlers also effortlessly.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/M6rFr7C24xM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Sanju is already performing pretty well with India A, he might be given a chance to make a debut for India. Waiting to see this lad.

I hope these kids are not Ranji trained for 5 years against trundling brigade. I would much rather see them struggle against the best, and develop their game in international arena. Mind adapts to what is put in front of us.. selectors must challenge them unless they want a dozen more tailunted Rohit and Dhawans.

So where is this Legend now ? Sad to see that he is not even playing playing IPL.

So where is this Legend now ? Sad to see that he is not even playing playing IPL.

Even Maharashtra dropped him a long ago. Though he did play some matches in syed mustaq trophy(t20) this year. Was total disappointment if iirc.

Clear case of not stepping up when playing at higher level.

Sanju samson, zol, aparajith, unmukt chand all fizzled and disappeared. Yet we have people hyping Shaw and Gill and comparing them to Sachin and Kohli, even Kohli himself did so :facepalm:

Shaw has already hit a ton in his test debut, and 50 in the only other test he played.

Gill, for heaven's sake has played only 2 ODIs.

Yet we have people hyping Shaw and Gill and comparing them to Sachin and Kohli, even Kohli himself did so :facepalm:
Shaw and Gill are 19. Shaw has a first-class average of 60.93 at a strike rate of 78.81 while Gill has a first-class average of 77.78 at a strike rate of 77.28.

Shaw and Gill are 19. Shaw has a first-class average of 60.93 at a strike rate of 78.81 while Gill has a first-class average of 77.78 at a strike rate of 77.28.

From what I've seen Shaw has a pretty good decision making ability. He will do well no matter what. Haven't seen much of Gill other than T20s and not accurate to judge a player based on T20 skills. Zol and Samson always had holes in their game.

Back