"We expect them (Pakistan) to be on the top of their game" : Henry Nicholls

Muhammad10

T20I Debutant
Runs
Pakistan's first Test loss to the Blackcaps would have been enough of a hit-out in New Zealand conditions to make sure they're a genuine test in the next match in Hamilton according to Blackcap Henry Nicholls.

Speaking when the Blackcaps arrived in Hamilton on Tuesday, Nicholls said Pakistan's stunted preparation for the match which included a washed-out game probably didn't do them any favours heading onto a green-top pitch at Hagley Oval in Christchurch.

"It's obviously different for them coming from the three test series in the UAE," Nicholls said.

However Nicholls said say they would undoubtedly be better in the next Test.

"That’s the nature of when you're playing in different conditions, the more experience you have in them, you more you hope to get better.

"We expect them to be on the top of their game but it's the same for us in that we'll also be looking to improve on our performance at Hagley."

Nicholls said that after two tough Test series losses away, it was nice to make use of home advantage.

"It’s the home advantage side of it and we're quite used to it.

"For me personally having three rounds of Plunket Shield batting on similar surfaces, I think really helped me in my preparation.

The second Test gets underway at Seddon Park on Friday.

http://www.newshub.co.nz/sport/paki...o-blackcaps-batsman-henry-nicholls-2016112219

For some reason, I feel like NZ are fulfilled with their win at Christchurch and they will just go for a draw in Hamilton.

Back