"We will seek legal recourse against the BCCI via the ICC platform" : Shahryar Khan

jeetu

PPCL Hall of Famer
Runs
Post of the Week
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...ecourse-against-BCCI/articleshow/55620682.cms

Highlights

1. PCB chairman has said that it could seek compensation from the BCCI
2. ICC ruled in favour of Pakistan in a dispute over the women's series
3. Shaharyar made it clear that the ICC decision had given confidence to the PCB

PCB chairman Shaharyar Khan has said that it could take legal recourse and seek compensation from the BCCI after the ICC ruled in favour of Pakistan in a dispute over the women's series which was not held in September-October in Dubai.

"The ICC had asked the BCCI to show the letters or any other documents with their external ministry to confirm it didn't send its team to play Pakistan in the ICC women's champions league in UAE on advice of its government," Shaharyar said.

"The ICC technical committee awarded points to our women's team declaring the series as forfeited by India because the BCCI couldn't show any document which confirmed they were stopped by their government from playing the series,"
he said.

The PCB chief said the ICC had told the BCCI to show any evidence to back their claim they couldn't play Pakistan in a bilateral series due to government advice.

"The BCCI couldn't show any document to the ICC to back their claim which is why the ICC committee awarded six points to Pakistan,
" he said.

The BCCI is not happy with the ICC decision which came after Pakistan said it was ready o host India for the league championship series in Dubai.

Shaharyar made it clear that the ICC decision against the BCCI had given confidence to the PCB.

"We now want the Indian board to provide the ICC with evidence that they have been told by their government to not play us in bilateral series despite a written MOU signed between the two boards in 2014 to play six such series between 2015 and 2022," he told the "Jang" newspaper.

"We were even ready to host our home series in Sri Lanka last January under the MOU but India said it didn't get clearance from its external ministry."

The PCB chief said the board's legal team had been told to prepare a proper paper on this which would be submitted by Pakistan at the next ICC meeting in Dubai in January.

"We will seek legal recourse against the BCCI via the ICC platform and also proper compensation for the many series they have refused to play against us and caused us heavy losses,"
he said.

India has not played Pakistan in a full bilateral series since 2007 when Pakistan went to India.

Shaharyar also said that if BCCI refused to also play Pakistan in the Champions Trophy group stage next year in June in England, the ICC would now have legal ground to take strict action against it.

He further said that due to India's refusal to play Pakistan in a bilateral series Pakistan cricket had suffered a lot.

"We have lost revenue and don't have the funds to invest in our club or domestic cricket,"
he said.

"We are already facing hardships due to other teams not touring Pakistan due to security concerns since 2009."

Last edited:
Never ending this.

First of all if any legal work is to be done, please stop talking to media about it

Why announce it?
Why keep saying it?
Why not just do it?
Why make idle threats?

PCB: we will seek legal action.

BCCI: we may play against you guys you know....

(PCB pauses)

PCB : OK, cool!!!!!

Why announce it?
Why keep saying it?
Why not just do it?
Why make idle threats?

a million percent right.

but this is typical of this board, and of this chairman. the concept of professionalism might as well be in a different galaxy given how likely it is for them to ever implement it.

PCB should first mature up before making silly threats. They are a disorganised and corrupt set up that can't be taken seriously.

These things work in silence. If you want to sue the BCCI then do it without announcing it to the media. After that we would get what we want in terms of money.

BCCI, PCB officials might meet in December to discuss cricket ties

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...ricket-ties/articleshow/55636979.cms?from=mdr

Indian and Pakistani cricket officials will get another opportunity on December 17 to sit across the table and discuss the strained and suspended bilateral cricket ties between the two nations.

An official source in the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) said that the meeting will be held during the Asian Cricket Council meet in Colombo, Sri Lanka.

"PCB Chairman, Shaharyar Khan is also Chairman of the ACC and he will be accompanied by Najam Sethi and Subhan Ahmad to Colombo," the source said.

He said the meeting was important as apparently when Sethi met with the BCCI President, Anurag Thakur in Cape Town for the ICC executive board meeting recently there was discussion on having a triangular or quadrangular series.

"Thakur made it clear to Sethi who is an influential figure in the PCB and heads its executive committee that at present it was not possible for the BCCI to play Pakistan in a bilateral series as their government didn't support this,"
the source said.

"The BCCI chief had floated an idea where instead a multi nation tournament could be organized in India or at any neutral venue in which Pakistan and India could play against each other," he added.

The source said that Sethi had reminded Thakur that although he was floating such an idea but at the moment India was even talking about not playing Pakistan in the group stages of the ICC Champions Trophy.

Two officials of the ACC also visited Lahore to meet with Shaharyar this week to discuss preparations for the meeting and possible ACC events in 2017 and 18.

The source said that the PCB had decided to wait until December 17 to see in which direction Indo-Pak cricket relations were headed before using legal recourse to seek compensation from India or ICC due to the BCCI's refusal to play bilateral series with Pakistan since 2007.

It was at the Cape Town meeting that Pakistan asked the ICC to give a ruling on India's refusal to send its women's team to Dubai for the ICC cricket league to play against Pakistan.

The ICC technical committee has now awarded six points to Pakistan for the series after ruling that India had forfeited the series which was to be hosted by Pakistan.

I have a feeling BCCI will only agree to "India" as venue. This would be rejected by PCB. And Ind-Pak series will remain in limbo.

I have a feeling BCCI will only agree to "India" as venue. This would be rejected by PCB. And Ind-Pak series will remain in limbo.

Unfortunately my friend it is more sinister intentions from BCCI, who don't want to give any opportunity to PCB to make any money.

So they now use politics to obfuscate their agenda

Governance is word that will never be included in Pakistan dictionary. We have a history of failing governments, institutions and managements crisis. Mr Khan belongs to that era and so is his found love to sing-singa-song everytime he see's a media mic.

Governance is word that will never be included in Pakistan dictionary. We have a history of failing governments, institutions and managements crisis. Mr Khan belongs to that era and so is his found love to sing-singa-song everytime he see's a media mic.

But....it keeps interesting.

And have to say, it needs courage to be top team even after so much unprofessionalism.

I just wonder how the players feel when they see stupidity from top officials. I feel bad for them as they are the one who sweats on field yet, gets dragged into unnecessary chaos.

Just play an ODI series in UK, Australia or in UAE. If Pakistan is smart, they should arrange a T20 series in USA/Canada and make millions of dollars through tickets sales alone. Yankee's Stadium and Rogers Centre can host 55,000 people. This is why PCB needs Javed Afridi.

Unfortunately my friend it is more sinister intentions from BCCI, who don't want to give any opportunity to PCB to make any money.

No one is or can stop PCB from making money. They are free to do so any way they can. I think what you mean here is that BCCI do not want PCB to make money off of them.

How is BCCI stopping PCB from making money?How can any board stop another from making money?

Also this meeting etc will not mean much as the strings of any Indo-Pak series are in the hands of the South Block.

Just play an ODI series in UK, Australia or in UAE. If Pakistan is smart, they should arrange a T20 series in USA/Canada and make millions of dollars through tickets sales alone. Yankee's Stadium and Rogers Centre can host 55,000 people. This is why PCB needs Javed Afridi.

And neither of them would be allowed to host an international match.

How is BCCI stopping PCB from making money?How can any board stop another from making money?

well directly.... no bcci aint stopping.
but yea indirectly they are doing that and we all knows that & if you are unaware of that then boy u are well behind when it comes to cricket politics happening nowadays.

I just wonder how the players feel when they see stupidity from top officials. I feel bad for them as they are the one who sweats on field yet, gets dragged into unnecessary chaos.

These were my exact thoughts, until i got candid with misbah ul haq at a friends lunch he was invited over to. And i quote "Do we have an option other than to just watch the show? Few years ago we would ask each other aaj ka chairman koun hai? (Sethi-Zaka Ashraf musical chair)" said a sarcastic misbah

Back