West Indies v England | 1st ODI | Guyana | 20/3/09

Status
Not open for further replies.
12thMan said:
Eng scored 18 runs in their batting powerplay. Wi needs atleast 35
Wii made 36 in two overs with Chanders hitting 26 in an over

WI 209-3 after 40 overs now 62 needed in 60 balls

W.I making better use of power plays then england.

Pollard/chanders batting well here!

Chanderpaul gone! Caught at square leg for 46!

Licks like peas from Shiv. May have just sent Harmlesson back into retirement.

End of over 40 (26 runs) - West Indies 209/3 (62 runs required)

S Chanderpaul 45* (28b 6x4 1x6) SJ Harmison 7-0-51-0
KA Pollard 21* (19b 2x6) SCJ Broad 7-2-26-1
39.6 Harmison to Chanderpaul, FOUR
This is quite outstanding - unmissable cricket from Chanderpaul
39.5 Harmison to Chanderpaul, FOUR, another! This is breathless cricket from Chanderpaul, standing tall and slapping it straight back past Harmison. My word - he absolutely drilled that
39.4 Harmison to Chanderpaul, FOUR, shot! Four more to Chanderpaul, walking into another aerial extra-cover driven boundary
Can Harmison respond? He's going around the wicket now
39.3 Harmison to Chanderpaul, FOUR, the crowd are alive now! Four more! An orthodox and powerfully struck four over extra cover. This is how you play a batting Powerplay!
39.2 Harmison to Chanderpaul, SIX, that is stunning! Absolutely brilliant from Chanderpaul. Down on one knee - almost both knees - he scooped underneath it and sent it sailing over fine leg for six. Special shot, that!
39.1 Harmison to Chanderpaul, FOUR, poor, wide ball but a top shot - back-cutting for four. Brilliant

50 runs, they should do that in 6 overs easy.

Bravo gone to Anderson!

58 Needed of 53 balls now!

Bravo looked poor in short time he was out there!

W.I losing there heads here and playing to many loose shots!

last 4 overs
. 1 . 1 1wd 1 6 | 4 6 4 4 4 4 | 1 1 1 W . 1 | W 1 . . 1 .
Wii needing 56 from 48 balls with 5 wickets in hand

W.I 225/5 - 43 overs

Could be bad light stopped play soon!

Harmison drops it! and it goes for 4, having a bad bad day. probably would have put england ahead of the D/L par score.

If this goes to D/L then bad luck to WI. I am guessing they will need to score 20 some runs in next over now

I think Harmison has played his last game for Eng...

Don't know, what else are they expecting from Harmision..May be this is the end of Harmison in ODI's..

OUT

Harmison takes a catch!

242-6

29 off 25

Eng favourites

Pollard out, england needed that wkt, 242-6, D/L par score 240, WI just ahead

Pollard gone now!

28 needed off 24 balls!

England Favourites at moment!

Never liked this guy he is from the same school as afridi,vinod kambli,sami loads of talent no consistent end product because of lack of hard work and dedication.

You dont become wasim,waqar,warne,tendulker for nothing you have to work very hard to get there.
Oh dear he takes a catch which will win it for Eng according to jack bannister on talk sport radio.

Another wicket! Lbw!

W.I throwing it away! Ramdin was plumb!

Umpires causing confusion here with the Light!

Why W.I going off?

WI coming off, Sky commentators think they are 2 runs behind the D/L winning score.

I think the Windies have messed up here. They are behind the D/L par score yet have come off the pitch after they were offered the light.

PLayers wanted to carry on and umpires causing a farce!

WI players teeth aint beeming brightly any more!!!

Serve them right!

Deserve to lose!

why would umpires offer light if a team is behind? cricinfo says WI is 1 run behind and it is a cock-up as WI accepted it

5.45pm
West Indies are behind the Duckworth-Lewis score. We will try to keep you updated as often as possible. But hang on a minute, the coach John Dyson is beckoning them in as they've been offered the light. What is going on? Looks like Dyson might have read it wrong here - the players are coming off and West Indies touch gloves! By our calculations, this is a calamitous cock-up and the West Indies are one run behind - but they think they've won. Strauss thinks he's won. Who has won? Stay with us!

Joker!!!!

LOL!!!!

Old geezer now realising that he cant read!!!

12thMan said:
why would umpires offer light if a team is behind? cricinfo says WI is 1 run behind and it is a cock-up as WI accepted it

They had to offer it.

Jokers shouldnt have taken it.

Not the umpires fault.

Its the old baba with the glasses who is to blame!

You cant get to the end of the game and not know who's won and who's lost - Nasser Hussain :)))

What a farce, Windies are all stood around with bits of paper in their hands and looking bewildered whilst the England players are laughing at them.

Looks like whoever copied the Windies D/L chart must have copied an out of date version :)

Srinath is the match referee and he looks like he hasnt got a clue either (a bit like his bowling really).

England's first win since the ODI series at home against South Africa last year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back