West Indies v Pakistan | 4th ODI | Gros Islet | 7/21/13 l Pakistan Innings

Status
Not open for further replies.

HamzaSaeen

ODI Debutant
Runs
Now the batsmen will have to take some responsibility and show up.
I was hoping for this to happen in all honesty.
I doubt we can chase it down but there is always hope. :junaid

For once, it won't be the bowlers...

For once? It always comes down to our pathetic batting approach.

This is a very flat wicket. If they can't Chase it today they better just start playing gulli danda instead.

Won't be surprised if misbah is already thinking about boosting his average and continuing the "tragic hero" illusion. After looking at Samuels he should be ashamed to play the way he does. I hope now for the sake of the country he follows Samuels example

For once? It always comes down to our pathetic batting approach.

Yes for once the bowlers were taken to the cleaners, so it's up solely up to the batsmen this time.

Won't be surprised if misbah is already thinking about boosting his average and continuing the "tragic hero" illusion. After looking at Samuels he should be ashamed to play the way he does. I hope now for the sake of the country he follows Samuels example

for the sake of the country openers better play their natural game now...

West Indies v Pakistan l 4th ODI | Gros Islet | 21/7/13 l Pak Innings

Last edited:

Jamshed's natural game is to play a selfish knock of 50 and then throw it (thats if he gets to a 50 in the first place)

Shehzad on the other hand is being over cautious !

Umar Akmal must be promoted for us to stand a chance to get CLOSE to that total !

Regardless of how they go misbah can't operate on business as usual. Don't get me wrong if the openers fail they should be getting an earful but now misbah has no excuse to tuk. If he does then someone tell me what else is it bar pure selfishness

this is where shehzad and jamshed and ua need to step up these 3 batsman hold the key in our victory today if they go cheaply then we will loose if not then we will win . misbah should be a man an promote umar akmal up the order so we have a chance at winning this game

For once, it won't be the bowlers...

Yes for once the bowlers were taken to the cleaners, so it's up solely up to the batsmen this time.

They have hardly been taken to the cleaners- to give away 260 is not that bad.

Regardless of how they go misbah can't operate on business as usual. Don't get me wrong if the openers fail they should be getting an earful but now misbah has no excuse to tuk. If he does then someone tell me what else is it bar pure selfishness

true that mate...

Very tough task. Need someone to keep the ReqRr manageable.

hopefully haris gets a chance to bat and win the game for us too I believe in him he has the capability of to be successful in ODI more then amin and shafiq

finally a test for openers and top n middle order

This is why we need 4 frontline bowlers :) thanks GOD we dont go with 3 bowlers otherwise target would have been above 300

Only batsman who can save Pakistan is Jamshed, get him out and keep Misbah at the crease for as long as possible WI will win this easily.

if Pakistan not able to chase down 262 on this Flat Pitch
it will be Shame

Don't expect any changes to the batting order. Here is how it will pan out.

Jamshed and Shahzad will go at snails pace and get out cheaply because of the pressure.
Hafeez will edge one cheaply, in comes Misbah he will defend till round 30th over. In comes Umar Akmal when the run rate will be sky high he will try to score runs but Misbah's pace will stop him. Misbah will get out after another slow 50.

Afridi will come in and have no choice but to slog 1 or 2 will connect and Umar Akmal will do his best to play with the tail but Pakistan will be 40-50 runs short.

Misbah will say we tried but we lost too many wickets and the pitch was very difficult, the ball will not come onto the bat properly.

this is a good test.... we wanted a young team so there it is and its time they show that they can chase a big total... openers have to work out. pitch has no demons. its time everybody shows responsibility.

The way Misbah plays will be key here !

His slow style of play wont help Pak at all ! Need to rotate strike, relieve pressure at other end and Promote Umar AKmal up the order !

Leave the Rest to Allah !

Don't expect any changes to the batting order. Here is how it will pan out.

Jamshed and Shahzad will go at snails pace and get out cheaply because of the pressure.
Hafeez will edge one cheaply, in comes Misbah he will defend till round 30th over. In comes Umar Akmal when the run rate will be sky high he will try to score runs but Misbah's pace will stop him. Misbah will get out after another slow 50.

Afridi will come in and have no choice but to slog 1 or 2 will connect and Umar Akmal will do his best to play with the tail but Pakistan will be 40-50 runs short.

Misbah will say we tried but we lost too many wickets and the pitch was very difficult, the ball will not come onto the bat properly.

Last time Pakistan chase down 250 Plus were Against Aussies in UAE

Pakistan openers played Positive cricket

Game was as good as over once WI scored 220. It's not being pessimistic just realistic.

Great chance for misbah to score an 80 of 160 in trying to save Pakistan from getting all out for 30.

If we cant chase this on a flat pitch against a seventh ranked team that has sammy as their first change then we deserve to be called minnows.

What will happen is Pakistan will be 52/3 Req Rate will be around 5... Misbah will come in.. bat to the 46th over and increase the req rate to 15+

game over boys.....i dont like being negative but nothing wrong with being practical

They have hardly been taken to the cleaners- to give away 260 is not that bad.

Lala, why don't you understand it, I know 260 isn't much, but the way the scores have been in this series so far, the bowlers didn't have the best day and that can happen so no worries.

The important thing is that the rubbish batsmen for once take the responsibility.

I back Pakistan to win this match. We have not that bad batsmen and now they have got used to the conditions. Hopefully we can get a 100 runs opening stand InshaAllah.

Anybody got a clip or picture of Legend Samuels celebrating his 100 :p

Haris is the best finisher in domestic cricket. He will prove so today why he is so gret.

Half way WIndies have already won!

The reason i say this is because of the batting that contains Afridi Hafeez and Tuk Tuk .....

I have no faith in this batting lineup....

Pitch is tottaly flat batsman should step up now

Still good effort by our bowlers :irfan :junaid :ajmal

Aksar ho jata ha masla not bhaiyon :wasim :waqar

West Indies v Pakistan l 4th ODI | Gros Islet | 21/7/13 l Pak Innings

What will happen is Pakistan will be 52/3 Req Rate will be around 5... Misbah will come in.. bat to the 46th over and increase the req rate to 15+

Still u have a chance then be bowled out under100

Nasir and Shehzad openers
Umar Akmal should bat at 3
Haris Sohail at 4
Misbah at 5
Hafeez at 6
Afridi at 7

I m GLAD. I wanted this big score from WI. This will benefit Pak in the long run. Two things can happen. Either Pak will bat positively and chase the score hard or will play the Misbah style (like against SA in CT). In either way Pak will benefit. Either it will come out of the negative mindset once n for all and gain self belief OR bid farewell to Misbah once and for all.

So its good. A kind of blessing in disguise

game depend on haffez, nasir, and ahmed!
i do not call on umar because he bats way down at 6...

Why so much negativity? It's only 260 not 300+ score and pitch is very good for batting. Only if Pakistan doesn't play the surviving game till 45th over then game is on.

Misbah need to avoid playing his typical innings and play bit faster. Pitch was always a batting one but last match both batting units played badly.

Haris is the best finisher in domestic cricket. He will prove so today why he is so gret.

the way he played in the last match he looked like a number 3 batsmen. that is what he is and that is how he shoudl be utilized.... but batting order wont change.

India chase down 234 VS Wi in the OVAL easily

Play Dhawan and Rohit Type of Attacking cricket (Shahzad and Jamshed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back