West Indies v Sri Lanka [Super 8s/Match 6] - Updates

Oxy

Hall of Famer
Runs
Match starts 1430 BST Sunday [GMT +1]

West Indies squad
BC Lara, IDR Bradshaw, DJ Bravo, S Chanderpaul, CD Collymore, CH Gayle, KA Pollard, DB Powell, D Ramdin, MN Samuels, RR Sarwan, LMP Simmons, DR Smith, DS Smith, JE Taylor

Sri Lanka squad
DPMD Jayawardene, RP Arnold, MS Atapattu, CM Bandara, TM Dilshan, CRD Fernando, ST Jayasuriya, KMDN Kulasekara, MF Maharoof, SL Malinga, M Muralitharan, KC Sangakkara, LPC Silva, WU Tharanga, WPUJC Vaas

was looking forward to this match. lara v murali but more rain :6:

Rain delays start. More rain!!!! But it is Winter into Spring in the Windies....so to be expected.

Play due to start 2.45 BST (40 mins from now)

west indies elected to bat with brain lara optingb for batting first on a lust green surface. with rain on it. a doubtfull decission. any match fixing

good crowd today. the grass stand look pretty much filled. some big concrete stand still have few empty spaces

The rain is getting heavy. I'd be suprised if they stay on much longer.

straight drive for 4 by Tharanga. Lovely shot. The first boundary of the day.

bowled him 2 stumps out of the ground. That is brilliant bowling by Powell.

The crowd go wild. That was a peach of a ball.

Tharanga on his way. It's 18/1

Last edited:
Bugger, Tharanga's been a bad investment for me in Fantasy Cricket.

Hooked for 4 over the legside. That's a great shot by Jayasuria.

26/1 off 7. This could be the best match of the tournament. The battle between bat and ball will be very equal you feel today.

There calling it a 250 track..., no sign of rain, looks like it's going to be a full days cricket..

Classic cut from Sangakkara. That whistled to the boundary. His first in the innings.

edged behind and gone. What a beauty that was. Sangakkara caught behind off Bradshaw

35/2!

Looks like the WICB have had to pay people to come into the ground.

Sangakara - OUT. Caught behind

35-2 off 8.4

who let the dogs out
woof woof woof woof!

certain things happen only in WI. dog running around, people casually walking in front of sight screen when the bowl is about to be bowled
SL 41-2 after 11.3

PLenty of banners/slogans in the crowd.

I'd add one:-

"Guyana - The home to
some of the Worst haircuts i
n the World"

Jayasuriya's strike rate has just gone for 40ish to almost 100 in the space of 2 overs.

after 30 runs from last 2 overs a maiden over
SL 83-2 after 19 overs

WHOOOOO! SIX! OFF TAYLOR!
I'M GOING BETTING FOR A TON BY JAYASURIA( JUST KIDDING)
I'm going for Sri Lanka to win the WC 2007.
122/2 of 25.1 overs.

Chance for LBW.
Nevermind. That was way high, and I think it hit Jayasuria's bat.

100 partnership up between Jayasuriya and Jayawardene ... 136/2

SIX BY JAWARDENE! I am posting this very late. He hit a six like 2-5 minutes ago.

Spewing that I removed Jayasuriya from my FC team - he's on target for a big one against the WI popgun attack.

Jayawardene might be safe due to benefit of the doubt.

Benefit given - I would have given it.

179-2 off 32.4

Every run that Jayasuriya makes, I get angrier about my foolishness in dropping him - what if he makes a double ton?

Well done Sanath. One of the all-time greats who revolutionised the game.

Current 3rd wicket partnership: 161

Records in sight;

Highest By SL vs WI;
3rd 162 DPMD Jayawardene & KC Sangakkara Galle 2001/02

Highest By SL;
3rd 226 DPMD Jayawardene & MS Atapattu v India Sharjah 2000/01

Highest in WC and the world record;
3rd 237* RS Dravid & SR Tendulkar India v Kenya Bristol 1999

Embarrasing dropped catch in theoutfield.

WI cricket team is embarrasing - how the hell did we lose to these guys....

Bravo gets a wkt 1st up.

251-5 off 44.1

Mahela gone ion the 80s..

Windies fielding today at times has reminded me of Pakistan's fielding. Trying to stop the ball with their feet, diving over the ball etc etc

SL 258-4 after 45 overs
most runs coming by running. 7 last over

out! Sarwan gets a wicket. Silva wandering all over the place tries to hoof him over the offside and hits it straight to the man at cover.

265/5

Sarwan bowling on leg stump. Silva gets frustrated after 3 dot balls and get out ct in covers
SL 268-5 after 46.4

It takes a ground full of Asian Guyanans' to make the first atmospheric game of teh WC:)

big 6 over the legside by Dilshan. That was a poor ball by Bravo. It sat up for him on his legs.

Reverse sweep and 4 by Dilshan. Clever batting, over the fine leg's head who's up in the circle

shocking fielding by Taylor at long on. Through his legs and 4 to Dilshan. He's being booed now.

MASSIVE 6, I MEAN MASSIVE! over cow corner by Dilshan way into the crowd, what a cameo by him, 39 off 22.

303/5 off 50. Bravo being carted last over.

Back