West Indies vs India | 5th ODI | Sabina Park | 16/6/11

Status
Not open for further replies.

kashmiri_lad

Local Club Star
Runs
The 5th ODI is about to start. On the one hand, WestIndies are looking to play for PRIDE and on the other, India would be looking for some positive momentum ahead of the TEST Series..
Either way, a lot to play for..

Last edited:
I seriously hope WI win this, they can. Though the series result shows otherwise WI have competed quite well only to give it away in the end, but last match they showed more class.

WI opted to bat first. ohh!, got a chance to watch our players batting.. (leaving office)

Toss, 8.30 Darren Sammy has finally won a toss and West Indies will bowl. Adrian Barath is back, replacing Danza Hyatt, no other changes for the hosts. So Bishoo and Rampaul will carry drinks.

India have made two changes. S Badrinath and Praveen Kumar are not playing today, Shikhar Dhawan returns and Vinay Kumar gets his first game on tour. :yk

It will be interesting to see what kind of target India is looking at posting up and how they approach it.

I think its the first time India is batting first in this series, right?

Let's see if Tiwary can score some runs and add some validity to all the hype.

Tiwary's 1st innings : 2 of 16 balls
Tiwary's 2nd innings : 2 of 17 balls.
Can he do better?

Tiwary's 1st innings : 2 of 16 balls
Tiwary's 2nd innings : 2 of 17 balls.
Can he do better?

yes 2 of 18 this time :yk

Jokes apart, this looks a lot more like West Indian wicket. Lot of bounce and a little bit of seam movement for bowlers.

The way pitch is assisting the pacers I wont be surprised if India get bowled out around 150.

Why are generally Indian batsman so weak against Short-ball. Can't remember any Indian batsmen play short delivery with comfort.

Dhawan gone for real this time

He proves once again what an hack he is when it comes to opening the batting :facepalm:

In which match a wicket will fall next?

Current Scores

ENGvSL 28/2

WIvIND21/2

India will struggle big time in england in overcast conditions.

Sent from my X10i using Tapatalk

Saha would have done much better than whatever chances that were given to the likes of Dhawan or Badrinath in this series.

Now, unfortunately Saha will have to return home without getting an opportunity to showcase his batting skills (possibly his keeping as well)

India need a partnership.

Tiwari's Highest ODI score is 2!

In 3 ODI matches he has only scored 4 runs!

:O

When will i see something like a repeat of the opening partnership between sewag and sachin against sa during the world cup.atleast expecting both of them with gambhir to return for the england odi series.

kohli once again showing why he is superior to the rest even on this tough track

Maine bola isko Calm down ...par samajh na aaya isko....:)

now go and wait for another 1-2 yrs to get another oppurtunity

Chalo koi ni doesn't matter even if we lose

Excuse 25) We already won the series.
Excuse 102) We are trying out new players. :azhar

Last edited:
looked good till he got out , hope he gets more opportunites though ..hes up there with the likes of Rohit and Virat in terms of potential

this partnership and the next one with Raina is very important.

2 more wickets and the tail starts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back