West Indies vs Pakistan | 2nd Test | Basseterre | 22/5/11 | Day 3 : Session 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Openers and slip fielders have seen off the new ball. Time to cash in and build a lead.

Just slog it out, won't last much longer.

Azhar
Umar
Asad
Reman
Misbah
Tanvir

should follow

Need to gather the thoughts again and carry on from here.

we need to score runs at a quick rate so the bowlers have enough time as well. lead of above 300 for today will be a good one.

Sent from my X10i using Tapatalk

Started of well.

Just need to continue and not just rely on boundaries.

Should be looking for 1s and 2s as well because if or when Misbah comes in because he will go to sleep again and stop the scoreboard from moving!

I would be highly surprised if they promote Umar next going by how defensive minded the management is...

it seems openers arent listening to misbah

Taufeeq has slowed down considerably...see this is the problem, our batsmen don't have plan B when boundaries stop flowing...strike rotation is a must...

lead now 124. taufeeq carrying good form from fielding, anyone else remember he had 4 catches against south africa and 7 altogether in that match.

Recent overs . . . . . 2 | . 1 1 . 4 . | . . . . . . | 1 .

Poor cricket by the openers just cannot rotate the strikes!

I mean at least take 2-3 singles an over...

I got slated by saying that in the session 1 thread!

Was told this is a test not an ODI. How funny!

1s and 2s are the key for test.

For Pakistan its either boundary or dot ball.

Pathetic cricket!

I got slated by saying that in the session 1 thread!

Was told this is a test not an ODI. How funny!

1s and 2s are the key for test.

For Pakistan its either boundary or dot ball.

Pathetic cricket!

bro, 1s & 2s are the bread & butter of good-great batsmen doesn't matter what the format!!!

even if we are to go through a stretch of 5 overs with excellent bowling, u can still milk 5-10 runs off it...how hard is to take 1-2 singles an over??? key is to not let the bowler settle on a line of attack and keep the fielders on their toes...make the opposition captain put on his thinking cap, force him to make changes...

Last edited:
Taufeeq has slowed down considerably...see this is the problem, our batsmen don't have plan B when boundaries stop flowing...strike rotation is a must...

Taufeeq is in pressure of getting his 50 so let his 50 come then youll see the boundaries as well as strike rotation. it always happens to me as well when i am in my 40s i get the pressure of getting a 50 and start defencing

Recent overs . 1 . . . . | 2 . . . . . | . . . . . . |

So where are the 1s and 2s!!!

Fun fact guys.

That semi at Mohali was reportedly the most watched sporting event in history (1 billion viewers). :don

Yeah, sorry didn't know that, had to share. :D

@ match, I'm surprised we haven't lost a wicket yet. Should aim for 300+ now.

Fun fact guys.

That semi at Mohali was reportedly the most watched sporting event in history (1 billion viewers). :don

Yeah, sorry didn't know that, had to share. :D

@ match, I'm surprised we haven't lost a wicket yet. Should aim for 300+ now.

Source?

1st wicket falls.

Was always going to happen no rotation of strike = pressure!

Good opening stand though.

nothing special.
usual brain fart by the professor. poor technique of defending

Hafeez as he has done his entire career lets a good start go struggles to convert 30s to 50s and 50s to 100s!

sammy has gone runless since the his first ball boundary

well played Taufeeq, now needs to convert this into a big score, take charge from here...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back