What can Pakistan do to market new Asian rivalries with Afghanistan and Bangladesh?

Nikhil_cric

Senior Test Player
Runs
It seems almost impossible to get India to tour Pakistan, and Pakistan has every right to feel aggrieved over this potential loss of revenue. However, the emerging rivalries with Afghanistan in white-ball cricket and Bangladesh in Test cricket present great opportunities for the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) to market these as exciting rivalries between teams of relatively equal skill and competitive spirit.

What can the PCB do to get Pakistani viewers to invest more in these Asian rivalries?

Last edited by a moderator:
Afghaniyribalry is there but with Bangladesh the rivalry is quite cold. They behave way too friendly with each other.

It seems next to an impossible task to get India to tour Pakistan and PAK have every right to feel aggrieved for this potential loss of revenue.

But seeing the emerging budding rivalries with Afghanistan in white ball cricket and Bangladesh in Test cricket, these present great opportunities for PCB to market these as exciting rivalries between teams of relatively equal skill and competitive spirit.

What can PCB do to get PAK viewers to invest more in these Asian rivalries ?
Offer the slogan

" Want to improve ICC rankings? Then play us at home"

Offer the slogan

" Want to improve ICC rankings? Then play us at home"
What I meant is can they run media campaigns like " Aane do" and "Mauka, mauka" to get some spice into these rivalries.

I think PCB are missing a few tricks in promoting their new rivalries.

What I meant is can they run media campaigns like " Aane do" and "Mauka, mauka" to get some spice into these rivalries.

I think PCB are missing a few tricks in promoting their new rivalries.
What have I said that's different?

Media campaign should be saying "Aane do, We'll show you how uncapable we are"

I don't know but I hope whatever they PCB do it works so the Indians leave and we can have discussions here with more brotherly countries.

Cricket Australia used to be called ACB :yk

They had to change it because construction contractors kept calling them and later they had to clarify that what Australian cricket team did at that time rhymed with khudai but it didn’t make them a construction company.

Play regular test series with Bangladesh and ODI series with Afg. That would be a good start.

Invite them for full tours. Build them up: 3 T20s, followed by 5 ODIs, then 4 Tests.

The theme of the rivalry will be quick to develop.

Our Sanatani brothers are getting tad arrogant for my comfort. Imagine the scenes here is Bangladesh somehow beat us in the upcoming series 🤣

Our Pakistani Brothers will run riot and will be partnered by @sweep_shot and @Bhaag Viru Bhaag

😱

Our Sanatani brothers are getting tad arrogant for my comfort. Imagine the scenes here is Bangladesh somehow beat us in the upcoming series 🤣

Our Pakistani Brothers will run riot and will be partnered by @sweep_shot and @Bhaag Viru Bhaag

😱
There is no chance of Bangladesh beating you.

There is no parallel that can be drawn between us and India at the moment that make Bangladesh beating India even remotely possible.

Good idea . Pakistan should play BD, Afghans, SL regularly.

Teams have similar capacity and we can determine 2nd best Asian team from that.

😱

I can see our top order getting dismantled once or twice especially if Nahid keeps getting better and Banglas get the best of conditions which can happen in tests in India.

Still don't feel they'd be good enough to overcome India. The lower middle order of Pant, Jaddu, Axar/Ashwin and even Kuldeep can salvage an inning.

Or, Rohit alone would bury them.

In all seriousness I suggested an India a few months ago to a PCB official I met at a dinner that involved developing a market outside of the Indian sphere. The event will take place next year.

I don't know if/how it will be implemented and I cant go into too much detail but discussions may be happening.

In all seriousness I suggested an India a few months ago to a PCB official I met at a dinner that involved developing a market outside of the Indian sphere. The event will take place next year.

I don't know if/how it will be implemented and I cant go into too much detail but discussions may be happening.

You suggested an India?

If Bharat pulls out of the Asia Cup, it would have to be renamed The Ghatiya Cup. :afridi

There is no rivalry with India anymore , their team is too good for Pak team. Sad but true , we should try to raise out game to be competitive with the " minnows" like BD and Afghanistan . Pakistan is now certified minnow team now .

Hopefully , PCB do listen to you. A quadrangular ODI series at least involving PAK/SL/BD/AFG would be extremely close and competitive

At least something like Naagin rivalry between SL and BD. PCB need to do some needling amd make this a memorable rivalry.
A spicy moment to create rivalry was almost there but Abrar ran like a hare and reached to the pitch within time. Stupid.

Perhaps a trilateral Tigers cup between Pak, BD and Afg

Kaun banega Babarsher

I think there’s a lot Pakistan can do in terms of building a stronger relationship with Bangladesh. They’re clearly a decent team, even better than Pakistan at this point. Afghanistan is always a white ball threat. There’s a bit of a historical angle as well with these countries so it’s something to build hype off. We should try to get more of their players in PSL as well.

Perhaps a trilateral Tigers cup between Pak, BD and Afg

Kaun banega Babarsher
This is not a bad idea at all. Would be a great ODI series. And it's win win for fans of all the respective nations because the winner is going to be a :amla anyway.

Back