What will be the biggest game of ICC World Cup 2023?

pakistanisgreat

T20I Debutant
Runs
I think the biggest game of the tournament is India Vs England game. I know people would say India vs Pakistan game is a biggest game but i think viewership wise yes that might be a biggest game but cricket and skill wise i think this is not.

England is the only team that can challenge this mighty Indian. If England can survive against indian spinners then england would win if not India would win.

Let’s be honest, every game of Bharat, Pakistan vs all the Top 5 teams is going to be equally HUGE.

Bharat because it’s Bharat
Pakistan because it’s Pakistan

It will surely be a big game but the biggest one will be Pakistan vs India in every aspect. More excitement, more interest, more viewership, more crowd, more entertainment ....

It will surely be a big game but the biggest one will be Pakistan vs India in every aspect. More excitement, more interest, more viewership, more crowd, more entertainment ....

If you read the first post OP actually said he meant in terms of competition which is probably true.

England are stronger than Pakistan and are the only ones who can truly challenge India

What’s most likely to happen is that Bharat will absolutely smash England.

A lot of people are overrating them.
You have to know that they’re not that dangerous in this part.

Probably New Zealand vs India. Although England is looking much stronger with Topley back, Stokes may also be fit by then

South Africa v India. Two teams who look to be at their strongest.

England have too many weakness’ in their bowling attack to play a memorable match in India.

I think SA will roll over against India. It won't be in the interest of their key players to perform against India.

Sad but true.

All games are going to be interesting due to varied nature of surfaces , conditions. Yes all teams have some inadequacies. Some teams are well rounded. Some teams suffer from injuries. Not going to mock any side. Even Australia. They can come back. Bangalore, Mumbai matches will suit them perfectly.

Viewership wise no contest - Indo Pak game ; but pure competition wise Ind Eng game. And Ind NZ will be popular too as a grudge revenge match lol !

For me India vs Newzealand becouse we never beat them in ICC tournament post 2003 .I have so much respect for them .
When you beat anytime all the time they earn that respect .

For me India vs Newzealand becouse we never beat them in ICC tournament post 2003 .I have so much respect for them .

They have strengths that can neutralize India. That is the only explantion. Two metronomic new ball bowlers who can trigger a collapse which is pretty much what they have to do against India. And also two spinners that can have stranglehold against our batsmen.

In terms of quality of cricket, good matches will be
India VS SA
India VS Eng
India VS NZ
Aus Vs NZ
SA vs Eng

Other significant matches that will define the course of the tournament are
Aus Vs Pak
Aus vs Eng
Pak Vs NZ

the above games will be crucial to all four teams involved.

India Vs Pak will be good due to non-cricketing reasons. Most of our matches against Pak in the recent past has been one sided, except that match where it went to last over in Asia cup. also result won't have much impact as India as already won one match against potential semifinalists and Pak can afford to lose it as its their first one against potential semi finalist.

I think SA will roll over against India. It won't be in the interest of their key players to perform against India.

Sad but true.
if you are insinuating that SA players will lose due to IPL, you should know that whoever is looking for IPL contract, their performance against India in India will count more than anything else. IPL scouts want to see these foreign players playing well in Indian conditions against good Indian players. Also, its a league match and there is no incentive to throw the match as both are doing great and will potentially be at the top of the table.

Sad but true.
If that was the case India would have won more ICC cups after 2013. Or else SL would have rolled over in the T20 final, or NZ in the 2019 SF - as these 2 teams have less earnig players. The conspiracy theories get really tiring though.
You get more recognition if you beat India or perform well against India for IPL agents :)

I think this time India has edge over NZ due to indian spinners. India has edge over batting as well if Kane does not play. Fast bowling is equally matches.

I think this time India has edge over NZ due to indian spinners. India has edge over batting as well if Kane does not play. Fast bowling is equally matches.
Man NZ is complete team as they have all based covered . Santner is very underrated bowler ,he is world class spinner. NZ batting is also superior to India as they have depth in their batting where Indian batting end at 6 .

What’s most likely to happen is that Bharat will absolutely smash England.

A lot of people are overrating them.
You have to know that they’re not that dangerous in this part.
agree but English batting is very dangerous on these pitches plus Bazball approach. If england bat first and score over 350 it would be tough for India. However, Indian spinner will play a crucial role. Spinner will decide this game.

Biggest game is NZ vs India or India vs SA or SA vs NZ

These 3 are the top teams of the tournament.

Sa = Best batting team
India = Best bowling team
NZ= Most balanced team.

I have England as my 4th SF due to being the most unpredictable team.

Biggest game is NZ vs India or India vs SA or SA vs NZ

These 3 are the top teams of the tournament.

Sa = Best batting team
India = Best bowling team
NZ= Most balanced team.

I have England as my 4th SF due to being the most unpredictable team.
SA and India game would be a one sided game in favor of India. One SA can not play spin very well specially in India against India. Second choke would be due by then lol

SA and India game would be a one sided game in favor of India. One SA can not play spin very well specially in India against India. Second choke would be due by then lol

If you say so. Everyone still living in Australia and England cloud 9 lol

England is not such a terrible side. But Australia looks terrible. I can't see path forward for them with their unfixable issues. England can get up and start running once Buttler strikes form. It is a matter of form. they have the personnels

In terms of quality of cricket, good matches will be
India VS SA
India VS Eng
India VS NZ
Aus Vs NZ
SA vs Eng

Other significant matches that will define the course of the tournament are
Aus Vs Pak
Aus vs Eng
Pak Vs NZ

the above games will be crucial to all four teams involved.

India Vs Pak will be good due to non-cricketing reasons. Most of our matches against Pak in the recent past has been one sided, except that match where it went to last over in Asia cup. also result won't have much impact as India as already won one match against potential semifinalists and Pak can afford to lose it as its their first one against potential semi finalist.
So far, the best game has been between Pakistan and Sri Lanka and I am expecting another cracking game tomorrow between Pakistan and India.

Media hype Indo Pak clash. But in real thriller will be Pakistan vs Afghanistan. And England vs South Africa

I feel South Africa-India, South Africa - NZ and NZ - India are gonna be the 3 big games deciding the course of the tournament. This is going by the current performances as of October 13. Ind-Pak is the most hyped clash but not the most crucial as the tournament decider.

For a Pakistan fan the games against Australia and England are the biggest, as IND NZ SA look good for the top 3 spots right now.

For a Pakistan fan the games against Australia and England are the biggest, as IND NZ SA look good for the top 3 spots right now.
Pakistan usually struggle against Australia in ICC events. I hope they don't struggle this Friday and win this important match. If they don't get a win then it will become tough for them to finish in the top 4 because at the moment their net run-rate is also not very good.

Really looking forward to these 3 games later this week.

1. Australia vs Pakistan
  2. England vs South Africa
  3. India vs New Zealand

India vs NZ in the World Cup final. I feel NZ is the only team that can beat India in these conditions.

With India leapfrogging Pakistan and being more dominant in recent past, so Ind v Pak goes out of equation, Eng and Aus are not in their beast mode so that is also not box office, personally Pakistan vs Afghanistan and Pakistan v Bangladesh are the two fire with fire type games.
Pakistan v Afg has that South American football type bad blood vengeance and armageddon vibes, AfG won a series against us, couple of close finishes courtesy Naseem Shah, then those Sharjah bragging rights where crowd troubles and hue cry and with recent venomous spin trio of AfG and Pakistan insipid display this game will be a paradigm shift in World cricket where AFG might start as favourites as going by recency bias Pakistan may get thrashed in their next game.

Similarly Bangladesh v Pakistan has that unfinished business of decades since that solitary victory at Nottingham in 99, Pakistan has bulldozed Bangladesh right left and centre with record stretching to 31-1 some years back but since the dawn of Misbah where tuk tuk methodolog was bloodeid in Pakistan cricket nucleus Bangladesh has somewhat shown their muscle against us and this is the ideal time for them to get one more lash on Pakistan.

For me it is Afghanistan vs Pakistan in Chennai. If Afghans are on top, you can be pretty sure the crowd in Chennai will be behind the Afghans. Thankfully there are no Visas to Pakistan supporters else things can get ugly between Afghans.
Have spoken to a few in Delhi.. they are always on the look out to pick fights with Pakistanis for some reason.

For me it is Afghanistan vs Pakistan in Chennai. If Afghans are on top, you can be pretty sure the crowd in Chennai will be behind the Afghans. Thankfully there are no Visas to Pakistan supporters else things can get ugly between Afghans.
Have spoken to a few in Delhi.. they are always on the look out to pick fights with Pakistanis for some reason.
A lot of Indians are thinking that this will be a really close game but as a Pakistani fan I think that it would be an easy win for Pakistan.

not one of the biggest but i would say one of the finest game of this world cup would be India vs New Zealand.

Both are equally balanced sides and in great form as well.

looking forward for this encounter.

not one of the biggest but i would say one of the finest game of this world cup would be India vs New Zealand.

Both are equally balanced sides and in great form as well.

looking forward for this encounter.
Yes, it will be a big game but not the most important one as both teams are almost certainly going to qualify for the semifinals. For me the bigger games than this would be between Pakistan, England, South Africa and Australia. Whenever these 4 teams are playing each other, it will be a BIG GAME considering their current position on the points table.

Pakistan v Australia has all the ingredients of a blockbuster game if Pakistan can match the hype

Pakistan v Australia has all the ingredients of a blockbuster game if Pakistan can match the hype
It wasn't a bad effort by Pakistani batters in the chase and it was interesting till Iftikhar was on the wicket but once he got out, Pakistan was never in the hunt.

Potentially (hopefully) Pakistan vs England, where Pak win to qualify for the semis inshallah.

Pakistan v England

England v Australia

England v India

All England games now are monumental

Better to win first against Afghanistan and Bangladesh as they will be not easy to beat for Pakistan .

Easy games are boring to watch. So hopefully they are good tense games and Pakistan manages to win them whilst managing the NRR. Hopefully we bat first v Afghanistan, I think that puts the odds in Pakistan’s favour. Afghans will only be able to challenge Pak I believe if we chase again v them and if we had to chase somewhere between 260-285.

Easy games are boring to watch. So hopefully they are good tense games and Pakistan manages to win them whilst managing the NRR. Hopefully we bat first v Afghanistan, I think that puts the odds in Pakistan’s favour. Afghans will only be able to challenge Pak I believe if we chase again v them and if we had to chase somewhere between 260-285.
I think Pakistan will lose one game against Bangladesh and Afghanistan .just my opinion

Back