"Target is to win ICC World Test Championship and ICC Champions Trophy": Jay Shah

Well how were the arrangements in CWC 2023 for the crowd. Also he is a political appointee

Pak fans were not allowed, that’s a political decision. India is not USA or China and Cricket isn’t Soccer or Basketball. For that standards it was very well organized. For what it’s worth. Pak team was staying in the best 5 star hotels in India near the stadium, in USA they were housed in 3 star motels far from the stadium. Who organized it better?

I have congratulated Indian team. Check: https://ppforum.pakpassion.net/thre...uth-africa-169-8.314357/page-28#post-12223854.

I have congratulated Rohit Sharma. Check: https://ppforum.pakpassion.net/thre...discussion-thread.53114/page-10#post-12224544.

I am not bitter at all. I give my opinions based on facts.
Oh c’mon! That’s like a drop of water in the ocean man and you know it. @Cover Drive Six is on the money when he said it’s all about the religion. I’ve been around enough Muslims and enough Bangladeshis to know what’s in your mind. You can’t digest how a Hindu nation is winning the sport in terms of performance and might.

Anyway, this space is about cricket, so I’ll just stick to the facts. Jay Shah might be a nepo but his vision is 100% correct for Indian cricket. The guy wants to take ICT to new heights and make them the new invincibles. I don’t see anything wrong with it. You don’t like it? Tough luck. Maybe it’s time to change your citizenship to Indian 😆

Last edited by a moderator:
No thank you. Not going to pay attention to random pakistanis clueless about power/admin structure of BCCI judging how Shah is faring as its chief. Yes, there's lots he should do and probably won't be able to do and yes he's there because of his name but he's FAR from being incompetent as you wish to believe.

Botching Asia cup was part of his remit and he did that successfully. World Cup was not botched no matter how much hysterical you get about media articles. I attended 3 WC matches and it was flawless. And yes, for an organization of this scale with gazillion moving parts, you'll always have disgruntled folks venting. Does not mean the organization was botched

Me a random Pakistani is clueless. Venkatesh Prasad, who has worked within the Indian system. Only you, who attended a grand total of 3 WC games know everything about the inner workings of the BCCI.

I think you need to mentally grow up. I don't know if you're a BJP fanboy or just some kind of closet jingoist? I really don't care. But I'm not saying anything that tons of Indian fans haven't already said.

I dont know people are discussing about BCCI secretary, I guess we need to discuss about cricket, not administrators.
And people saying Rohit and Kohli should not be in the team, how do we get alternatives in 6 months. This is the best way possible, the team for 2027 will be built slowly after CT2025

Me a random Pakistani is clueless. Venkatesh Prasad, who has worked within the Indian system for years is clueless. Journalists like Adam Collins and Geoff Lemon are clueless. Only you, who attended a grand total of 3 WC games know everything about the inner workings of the BCCI.

I think you need to mentally grow up. I don't know if you're a BJP fanboy or just some kind of closet jingoist? I really don't care. But I'm not saying anything that tons of Indian fans haven't already said.

Exactly, you and those random journos are clueless. You see someone whinging on your social media feed about the WC and think it was botched up. Cannot be taken seriously but thanks for coming.

I don’t get it why Pakistani fans are ponting out Jay Shah’s competency or lack of it. It’s the most bizarre thing lol. Direct your questions to PCB people. If India wasn’t able to win the worldcup in 2023, it’s not his fault and neither is this a win for him but in between the cricket team, management, decision making, finances have all been spot on: can he do better? Maybe, but that’s for us Indian fans to worry about.

I don’t get it why Pakistani fans are ponting out Jay Shah’s competency or lack of it. It’s the most bizarre thing lol. Direct your questions to PCB people. If India wasn’t able to win the worldcup in 2023, it’s not his fault and neither is this a win for him but in between the cricket team, management, decision making, finances have all been spot on: can he do better? Maybe, but that’s for us Indian fans to worry about.

What logic is this? So Pakistan fans cant criticise BCCI or Indian cricket because PCB has its own issues?

Jay Shah is a nepo baby who has zero credentials for the most powerful cricket position in the world. Indian fans need to stop being so insecure about *any* criticism towards Indian cricket.

Oh c’mon! That’s like a drop of water in the ocean man and you know it. @Cover Drive Six is on the money when he said it’s all about the religion. I’ve been around enough Muslims and enough Bangladeshis to know what’s in your mind. You can’t digest how a Hindu nation is winning the sport in terms of performance and might.

Anyway, this space is about cricket, so I’ll just stick to the facts. Jay Shah might be a nepo but his vision is 100% correct for Indian cricket. The guy wants to take ICT to new heights and make them the new invincibles. I don’t see anything wrong with it. You don’t like it? Tough luck. Maybe it’s time to change your citizenship to Indian 😆

I have a bias against India due to arrogance from Indian fans and BCCI. BCCI has killed cricket as we know it. Anyway, I always try to be objective.

Like I said, I have congratulated India for winning the World T20 (not a proper World Cup like the ODI WC but it is still a WC). I have also congratulated Rohit. Not sure what more you want.

Pakistan has every right to criticize BCCI and Indian cricket. After all they know better about nepotism than other cricketing boards. The truth is Jay Shah is at the helm of things purely because of political reasons. This is absolutely unfair for everyone else who wants to climb the cricket corporate ladder with hard yards. If this stops Indian cricket will progress further.
Politics should not be involved in cricket administration. Nor should it give any favors to cricket administration. BCCI needs to be taxed just like any other business because that is what it is.

I thought that this was a cricket forum where people discuss cricket. But I guess apparently Pakistani fans can only criticize PCB and only Indian fans have the right to criticize.

Incase you don't hear how stupid that sounds, I'll spell it out for you: grow the f up.

Pakistan has every right to criticize BCCI and Indian cricket. After all they know better about nepotism than other cricketing boards. The truth is Jay Shah is at the helm of things purely because of political reasons. This is absolutely unfair for everyone else who wants to climb the cricket corporate ladder with hard yards. If this stops Indian cricket will progress further.
Politics should not be involved in cricket administration. Nor should it give any favors to cricket administration. BCCI needs to be taxed just like any other business because that is what it is.
Do you think they pay 0 tax?

Pak fans were not allowed, that’s a political decision. India is not USA or China and Cricket isn’t Soccer or Basketball. For that standards it was very well organized. For what it’s worth. Pak team was staying in the best 5 star hotels in India near the stadium, in USA they were housed in 3 star motels far from the stadium. Who organized it better?
They were not staying at 3 star hotels. Gaylord Texan where both USA and Pakistan team stayed while they were in Dallas is an excellent 5-star hotel. I've stayed there, and not just in a regular room. It's top-notch and at the top of the Marriott brand.

No, but they do claim for exemptions and a lot of it which many other businesses cannot.
Yes because they promote and manage cricket as well to tier 2 and 3 cities.
They pay enough required taxes.

If BCCI is allowed to be a business completely, first thing they will do is finish test and ODI cricket and make it completely league oriented and Franchises will take over.

You see the interest on test cricket is because of old guard and grass roots.

It's commercial interests. Bowing to the demands of advertisers, PR firms and broadcasters.

BCCI does not care about sentiment unless it's making the £££ for them.

Form a cricketing POV it's a terrible move. ODIs should only be played with 2027 in mind and those 3 should not be anywhere near the squad.
Kohli and Rohit getting one tour in Pakistan would be peak advertising revenue. They've never played there, it's a completely unknown frontier for them, and it's literally the only time it would ever happen. Babar/Rizwan/Afridi (as selfish as they are) vs. Kohli/Rohit/Bumrah in Lahore or Karachi would be insanely profitable for BCCI. the problem is that BCCI and Indian administration would not want it to be profitable for PCB and Pakistan.
If Kohli and Rohit want to go they will probably need to advocate for it with Modi and Amit Shah themselves. I am 100% sure BCCI would want the money, but it's not just about them.

What logic is this? So Pakistan fans cant criticise BCCI or Indian cricket because PCB has its own issues?

Jay Shah is a nepo baby who has zero credentials for the most powerful cricket position in the world. Indian fans need to stop being so insecure about *any* criticism towards Indian cricket.
Pakistani fans criticizing Jay Shah for sabotaging Asia cup in Pakistan is totally understandable. Jay Shah being an Indian government rep and not speaking on bilateral tours is also a grievance I can understand. Even though one must be dumb to say we don’t want trade till article 370 is restored but get seizures on why India-Pak bilaterals are not happening. Most bizarre thing ever.

However how stupid it is to complaint that Jay Shah is a political appointment when pretty much every Indian BCCI official has been more or less a political appointment since time immemorial: what is the Fc record of Sharad Pawar. Rajiv Shukla, Srinivasan or Dalmiya? They all had deep pockets and were well connected politically.

Also patron of Pak cricket is officially the PM so I don’t know how you can whinge about Jay Shah?

On top of that Pak board is more incompetent than Afghan, SL and Bang board based on what I heard on this very forum. So what is the benchmark for Jay Shah’s competency,

Yes it’s a forum and you can say whatever you want but that’s not a good enough excuse to say every random thing that pops up without thinking through.

Kohli and Rohit getting one tour in Pakistan would be peak advertising revenue. They've never played there, it's a completely unknown frontier for them, and it's literally the only time it would ever happen. Babar/Rizwan/Afridi (as selfish as they are) vs. Kohli/Rohit/Bumrah in Lahore or Karachi would be insanely profitable for BCCI. the problem is that BCCI and Indian administration would not want it to be profitable for PCB and Pakistan.
If Kohli and Rohit want to go they will probably need to advocate for it with Modi and Amit Shah themselves. I am 100% sure BCCI would want the money, but it's not just about them.
Rohit has played in Pak before

Meanwhile PCB’s target is to increase the prize money to $200k per player which may increase the much needed jazba.

Champions Trophy in 2025.
- WTC final in 2025.
- T20I World Cup in 2026.
- ODI World Cup in 2027.
- WTC final in 2027.
- T20I World Cup in 2028.
- Champions Trophy in 2029.
- T20I World Cup in 2030.
- ODI World Cup in 2031.

9 ICC tournament in 7 year's .india should win atleast 3 or 4 ICC trophy

Champions Trophy in 2025.
- WTC final in 2025.
- T20I World Cup in 2026.
- ODI World Cup in 2027.
- WTC final in 2027.
- T20I World Cup in 2028.
- Champions Trophy in 2029.
- T20I World Cup in 2030.
- ODI World Cup in 2031.

9 ICC tournament in 7 year's .india should win atleast 3 or 4 ICC trophy
They should win all 9.

Anything else will be a failure.

Yes he is saying he will be in power for atleast 3 years. Makes sense politically as well. So target is every tournament till 2027. Saved you the confusion
No.

He had a 4 year plan, to win every ICC trophy.

Flopped the 1st year - who can forget that - wins the 2nd year, hence years 3 and 4 are CT and WTC.

Get with the program and save yourself the confusion. You will forever remember 2023.

No.

He had a 4 year plan, to win every ICC trophy.

Flopped the 1st year - who can forget that - wins the 2nd, year hence years 3 and 4 are CT and WTC.

Get with the program. You will forever remember 2023.

Cant speak for Jay Shah but easy to move on for us from 2023. You seem to hold on to it as a crutch though lol

Cant speak for Jay Shah but easy to move on for us from 2023. You seem to hold on to it as a crutch though lol

Stop fooling yourself. India won the consolation prize yesterday, every player deep down would swap it for 2023 WC.

Stop fooling yourself. India won the consolation prize yesterday, every player deep down would swap it for 2023 WC.

Indeed.

World T20 is a lightweight trophy. Big trophy is the ODI WC (which Aussies won deservedly).

It is only in T20 where so many upsets can eliminate big teams and thus making the job easier for India.

Indeed.

World T20 is a lightweight trophy. Big trophy is the ODI WC (which Aussies won deservedly).

It is only in T20 where so many upsets can eliminate big teams and thus making the job easier for India.
Lol we won agains England Aus SA and Pak which big team did you want us to win against?

Lol we won agains England Aus SA and Pak which big team did you want us to win against?

India beat Australia in Super 8. That's not a final.

I feel like India probably would've found it more challenging had they faced Aus, NZ, or Pakistan in the final. SA was always likely to choke even if they needed 10 from 24 balls.

You beat Australia in Super 8. That's not a final.

I feel like India probably would've found it challenging had they faced Aus, NZ, or Pakistan in the final.
What makes you think we would had found Pakistan challenging we have won majority T20s against them including a damn final.

We won all the damn games only team to be unbeaten team ever in T20 ICC,Has any team done that.

What makes you think we would had found Pakistan challenging we have won majority T20s against them including a damn final.

We won all the damn games only team to be unbeaten team ever in T20 ICC,Has any team done that.

India were unbeaten in 2023 WC till the final. We all saw what happened in the final.

Final's pressure is different. Also, some teams tend to do better in finals. Australia is one such team. Pakistan also tend to do well in finals (except for 1999 WC final).

India were unbeaten in 2023 WC also (till the final). We all saw what happened in the final.

Final's pressure is different. Also, some teams tend to do better in finals. Australia is one such team. Pakistan also tend to do well in finals (except for 1999 WC final).
Pakistan has lost a final to us and as recent as 2022, on what basis will they do better against us? You make no sense anymore, take a break.

Pakistan has lost a final to us and as recent as 2022, on what basis will they do better against us? You make no sense anymore, take a break.

India didn't reach final in 2022 World T20 (England did). Looks like you also need to take a break. Your memory seems to be not working.

A team that went undefeated in the current T20 Wc would had probably lost to “Pakistan”, “Australia” just because of finals it seems , if delusion was a sport we know who will win the gold in it.

India didn't reach final in 2022 World T20 (England did). Looks like you also need to take a break. Your memory seems to be not working.
Shakes my head, Lost a final to us and also in 2022.. there is an and, Im well aware about your consistent remarks of how India didn’t win an ICC trophy for 10 years, don’t have to refresh my memory.

Shakes my head, Lost a final to us and also in 2022.. there is an and, Im well aware about your consistent remarks of how India didn’t win an ICC trophy for 10 years, don’t have to refresh my memory.

2022 World T20 final was between Pakistan and England. India weren't in the final. Not sure which final you were referring to.

Pakistan and India last played a final in 2017 CT which Pakistan won in a dominant manner.

2022 World T20 final was between Pakistan and England. India weren't in the final. Not sure which final you were referring to.

Pakistan and India last played a final in 2017 CT which Pakistan won in a dominant manner.
2007 aren’t we talking about T20 wc? lol you are purposely behaving like a naive person.

A team that went undefeated in the current T20 Wc would had probably lost to “Pakistan”, “Australia” just because of finals it seems , if delusion was a sport we know who will win the gold in it.

Some teams turn it on during finals.

Aussies, for example. Look what they did to India in 2023 WC final. That was a worse mauling than 2003 WC final. Travis Head was in a picnic mode.

Some teams turn it on during finals.

Aussies, for example. Look what they did to India in 2023 WC final. That was a worse mauling than 2003 WC final's.
🤣 bro even Aussies don’t recall that wc as much you have in last 24 hrs.

Chill you will get your turn , Aus will turn up again , I’m sure.

Works the same way on the flip side too , you seem to be gutted by India’s WT20 win too and constantly remember the WC 2023 loss as a consolation. Given the timeline of the 2 events I wonder what sounds more resoanable at the moment lol.

Yes i was sad India lost the 50 over World Cup and happy they won this WT20. Go crazy with that information.

Both WTC happened right after IPL. Australia was already there playing country cricket and read. These tired IPL players were a no show. Same happened in 2021. Right after IPL. NZ players played WTC final right after Test series with England. They have to move the WTC final before the IPL. Cannot have it after IPL.

Works the same way on the flip side too , you seem to be gutted by India’s WT20 win too anf constantly remember the WC 2023 loss as a consolation. Given the timeline of the 2 events I wonder what sounds more resoanable at the moment lol.

Yes i was sad India lost the 50 over World Cup and happy they won this WT20. Go crazy with that information.
You can believe what you want.

Doesn't change the fact every Indian player, and fan for that matter, would swap WC24 with WC23, including Jay Shah.

You can believe what you want.

Doesn't change the fact every Indian player, and fan for that matter, would swap WC24 with WC23, including Jay Shah.

Thread: Who will win the ICC T20 World Cup 2024?

Pakistan.

Though do not underestimate West Indies either.

Link: https://ppforum.pakpassion.net/thre...e-icc-t20-world-cup-2024.313786/post-12146216

🤡 🤡

Pakistani fans criticizing Jay Shah for sabotaging Asia cup in Pakistan is totally understandable. Jay Shah being an Indian government rep and not speaking on bilateral tours is also a grievance I can understand. Even though one must be dumb to say we don’t want trade till article 370 is restored but get seizures on why India-Pak bilaterals are not happening. Most bizarre thing ever.

However how stupid it is to complaint that Jay Shah is a political appointment when pretty much every Indian BCCI official has been more or less a political appointment since time immemorial: what is the Fc record of Sharad Pawar. Rajiv Shukla, Srinivasan or Dalmiya? They all had deep pockets and were well connected politically.

Also patron of Pak cricket is officially the PM so I don’t know how you can whinge about Jay Shah?

On top of that Pak board is more incompetent than Afghan, SL and Bang board based on what I heard on this very forum. So what is the benchmark for Jay Shah’s competency,

Yes it’s a forum and you can say whatever you want but that’s not a good enough excuse to say every random thing that pops up without thinking through.
Being a political appointee is far different from literally being the son of the home minister without any previous credentials in running a massive organisation. The tone is in his press releases is a far cry from his speeches and interviews. This is a kid coasting on his father's influence and others in the organisation who are far more capable.

Also there are a million problems with PCB which are discussed here every day. You don't get to decide who can or can not criticise BCCI/PCB

If reading anything but praise about BCCI makes you uncomfortable just scroll away.

Being a political appointee is far different from literally being the son of the home minister without any previous credentials in running a massive organisation.

You can do a bit of Google atleast. Jay Shah was Gujarat Cricket association secretary from 2009 to 2013. Sharad Pawar was as powerful as Amit Shah is today when he was running BCCI during his tenure.

Also you can criticize BCCI or Jay Shah, I have plenty of complaints too but the last thing you can accuse them of is incompetence. They have done everything perfectly so far that benefits them both politically and monetarily. What they can do better is for Indians to worry about.

Also PCB chairman is also a political appointee. Next ICC tournament is in Pakistan, least he could have done is made a move to initiate something. We all know how Asia cup ended up. Jay Shah was speaking to all heads of Carribean cricket associations and closing out business deals in 🇺🇸 .

Just take CT 2025 out of Pakistan and Jay Shah will be equivalent to Dalmia in terms of administration.
Thank you Modi ji for the experience.

No one is close to Dalmiya, he was a legendary administrator and big believer in Asian bloc, gave it big time to the English.
Why is giving to the English and believing in some Asian bloc a good thing. Is it because of some colonial thing. I would any day prefer the opposite

No lie, I cannot imagine a bigger endorsement for Shah than the generalized hate he generates among Pakistanis. It makes me smile reading the rage posts of our neighbors who of course have nothing but best wishes for cricket and India in mind. LOL

Of course, he's been progressive administrator bringing up and promoting women's cricket as well as bringing the massive standalone NCA facility, building infra and launching some timely initiatives like contracts for quicks etc.

Also commercially astute not just protecting the Brand appeal and value of IPL but not conceding an inch to entitled members of ICC.

I'd award him maximum points over the next few years if he skillfully expands IPL window, safeguards tests, and brings about the change in domestic season because it's gotten very crowded.

They can win both, no doubts about it. After winning the T20 cup, India has opened the door to many more trophies in upcoming time.

India were unbeaten in 2023 WC till the final. We all saw what happened in the final.

Err Pakistan lost the 2022 Final, lost the 2007 final, so convenient to ignore that.

You can do a bit of Google atleast. Jay Shah was Gujarat Cricket association secretary from 2009 to 2013. Sharad Pawar was as powerful as Amit Shah is today when he was running BCCI during his tenure.

Also you can criticize BCCI or Jay Shah, I have plenty of complaints too but the last thing you can accuse them of is incompetence. They have done everything perfectly so far that benefits them both politically and monetarily. What they can do better is for Indians to worry about.

Also PCB chairman is also a political appointee. Next ICC tournament is in Pakistan, least he could have done is made a move to initiate something. We all know how Asia cup ended up. Jay Shah was speaking to all heads of Carribean cricket associations and closing out business deals in 🇺🇸 .

Jay Shah became GCA president when his father was Home Minister of Gujarat then became BCCI Secretary when his dad was the Home minister of India. lol what credentials did we have.

Other Political appointees spent decades in government when they got that post - not that it makes the system better but even among the political appointees system Shah's appointment is nepotism at its core. This guy cant speak properly and sounds like a pappu. Indian cricket is powerful because of the large middle class in India and the financial power from the broadcast rights. This wasnt a new contribution by Jay Shah who has basically just continued whatever was working.

I am an Indian lol, not that it gives me any special rights to criticise Jay Shah or what he could do better. It's an open forum anyone can comment on anything and you dont get to gatekeep criticism just because anything except blind validation of BCCI/India makes you uncomfortable

I don't think any team has ever held three ICC titles at the same time so we need to go against the pattern which is tough.

Australia came close to doing that in 2010 WT20 when they already were holding the WC and the CT , but lost to England. India the same in 2014 but lost to Sri Lanka in the final.

Jay Shah has taken BCCI to another level. Lots of money has been involved since he came. He is not afraid of any other board and definitely has a hack in his hands to win trophies I guess.

Jay Shah has taken BCCI to another level. Lots of money has been involved since he came. He is not afraid of any other board and definitely has a hack in his hands to win trophies I guess.
He is not responsible for our win, irrespective of him being there we would had won, BCCI will function with anyone that takes over because there are enough people to keep everyone in check that even a dud like Jay can seem like Warren Buffet.

He is not responsible for our win, irrespective of him being there we would had won, BCCI will function with anyone that takes over because there are enough people to keep everyone in check that even a dud like Jay can seem like Warren Buffet.

Yeah, no. We had the Shashank admin backed by Pawar who actively tried to sabotage BCCI's financial interest. That's never happening under Shah's regime.

Yeah, no. We had the Shashank admin backed by Pawar who actively tried to sabotage BCCI's financial interest. That's never happening under Shah's regime.

Pawar and Manohar were snakes.

People forget Manohar laid out a green track in 2004-05 for the BGT. His boss Pawar had just lost the BCCI elections to Dalmiya group.

Srinivasan was ready to destroy entire IPL and BCCI so that he could hold onto his post.

Jay Shah is far better than them.

There is no denying that he talks like a fool. You would think someone at the helm of the richest board would bring some charisma and communication skills to the table and if it doesn't come naturally, it can be trained. He is also where is he is because his father is the most powerful politician in India. But at the end of the day, I feel he gets work done and has brought a lot of changes to the system with respect to remunerations, facilities and being available to listen and interact with people. Also being as young as he is; he is from the current generation and probably knows what's lacking which maybe a 60 year old administrator fails to see. He also has all the funds at his disposal and can get things one way or the other.

Clown or no clown, political appointee or not. He seems to be delivering and BCCI is prospering. Also has clear long term and short term vision. I would not be surprised if India wins a couple of more trophies over next 3-4 years.

Jay Shah has instructed BCCI to release 1 Crore to former Indian player Anshuman Gaekwad

Jay Shah should first clarify as to why BCCI (the so called powerful cricket board) almost always surrenders to ICC. Why should Eng get to host every WTC final?
2021, 2023, 2025, 2027...to be continued.....LOL

Jay Shah should first clarify as to why BCCI (the so called powerful cricket board) almost always surrenders to ICC. Why should Eng get to host every WTC final?
2021, 2023, 2025, 2027...to be continued.....LOL
Because no one actually cares about the final, truly. If they did it would have been a series in home/away and neutral format.

Back