Which full member cricket team do you reckon as the most boring of all time?

Which full member cricket team do you reckon as the most boring of all time?

• Total voters

The Bald Eagle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Runs
Cricket is a very interesting game but even here sometimes we do come across teams that are just too boring to watch. So among all the full member cricket teams of all the era and epochs which team was most boring according to your standard.

For instance one could call Pakistan ODI team of 2015 to be boring or India's 2006-07 team to be awful. So in your estimation which team was the most boring of all time despite good results.

Pakistan.

They always play rubbish cricket. They are overhyped because of fluke performances

India used to have the most aggressive batting line-up in the world at that time second only to Australia. Sehwag, Sachin, Yuvraj, Dhoni etc were anything but boring.
Not meant it just wrote for posters guide etc. That they could mention team with year too

Pakistan.

They always play rubbish cricket. They are overhyped because of fluke performances
Pakistan are one of the most entertaining teams. Always into some sorts of controversies on and off the field.

Cricket is a very interesting game but even here sometimes we do come across teams that are just too boring to watch. So among all the full member cricket teams of all the era and epochs which team was most boring according to your standard.

For instance one could call Pakistan ODI team of 2015 to be boring or India's 2006-07 team to be awful. So in your estimation which team was the most boring of all time despite good results.
Even in 2015 WC. Pakistan team gave us the gift of 1-4. When they got bounced out by West Indies. That was interesting stuff.

I'd say the Indian ODI team from 2013-2019 was much more boring to watch than our 2006 one.

The same trio of Dhawan-Rohit-Kohli consolidating 220/2 in 40 overs for the lower order to lift up the score a little. It was really a drag to watch India bat during that period.

Handsdown Bangladesh. All the countries have produced atleast one interesting flamebuoyant player. But BD has produced zilch. Andy Flower from Zimbabwe. Afghanistan is way more entertaining than BD can ever be.

New Zealand hands down.

Only time they were an interesting team to watch was when Brendan McCullum lead them in that 2015 world cup.

If we take the whole history NZ has produced some entertainng players. Hadlee, Chris Cairns, Martin crowe, Ross Taylor, Shane Bond, Guptill, Baz

New Zealand is by far the most boring team to watch. All their cricket is centered around efficiency and getting the job done as effectively as possible. Their defining characteristic is that they are very nice people. It's like watching a team of accountants play cricket.

If we take the whole history NZ has produced some entertainng players. Hadlee, Chris Cairns, Martin crowe, Ross Taylor, Shane Bond, Guptill, Baz
Yes but New Zealand's cricket has almost always been boring to watch. The players you named are outliers. The prototypical New Zealand players used to be guys like Chris Harris, Adam Parore, Daniel Vettori, Scott Styris, Jacob Oram, James Franklin. Guys who could go a little bit of this and a little bit of that, but couldn't really be considered as great players. There was a stretch in the 90s where they basically specialized in producing dibbly dobblers. If there was ever a side that personified the 'jack of all trades, master of none' mentality, it was New Zealand.

Now, they have become a much better team but their style of cricket is still woefully boring to watch. McCullum's run as captain is the only period of time when New Zealand were exciting to watch as a side.

There is nothing boring about Pakistan. Even their capitulations and self-destructions are wildly entertaining to watch.
Yeah remember a game where they lost by a run against SA in a ODI match when they had like 5 wickets in hand with 30 to chase under Misbah's captaincy.

Well teams can't be boring... they play on the field but it's the spectators who make the environment lively.

In my opinion New Zealand has a boring crowd... very quiet and lazy.

Yes but New Zealand's cricket has almost always been boring to watch. The players you named are outliers. The prototypical New Zealand players used to be guys like Chris Harris, Adam Parore, Daniel Vettori, Scott Styris, Jacob Oram, James Franklin. Guys who could go a little bit of this and a little bit of that, but couldn't really be considered as great players. There was a stretch in the 90s where they basically specialized in producing dibbly dobblers. If there was ever a side that personified the 'jack of all trades, master of none' mentality, it was New Zealand.

Now, they have become a much better team but their style of cricket is still woefully boring to watch. McCullum's run as captain is the only period of time when New Zealand were exciting to watch as a side.

Even if you have one such player that is enough. Every country has produced boring players. Nathan Astle's outstanding onslaught chasing 550 in 4th innigns is legendary. Their method may be boring. England was boring for a very very long time until recently. BUt they did have some entertainers like Botham, Kevin PIetersen.

Even if you have one such player that is enough. Every country has produced boring players. Nathan Astle's outstanding onslaught chasing 550 in 4th innigns is legendary. Their method may be boring. England was boring for a very very long time until recently. BUt they did have some entertainers like Botham, Kevin PIetersen.
I guess it depends on what you find boring. Bangladesh for me is just a really bad side. That can be boring to watch. For me though, watching this kind of efficient, 'get the job' done type cricket is absolute death. And you're right. England during the 90s and even during the captaincy of Nasser Hussain was a remarkably boring team to watch. I'm sure you remember well Ashley Giles bowling the leg-side line to Indian batters for like two whole test matches during the 2001 series. What I liked about Nasser though was that he recognized England were mediocre and tried to get the most out of what he had. That's something you can respect. Fleming was the same way. But that doesn't change the fact that the cricket on-offer was woefully boring to watch.

Even in 2015 WC. Pakistan team gave us the gift of 1-4. When they got bounced out by West Indies. That was interesting stuff.
Not to forget, them beating an excellent South African side that were favorites to win and the Quarter Final against Australia where Wahab transformed into Dennis Lillee for a short period.

Like Wahab's spell in that match right up till the dropped catch was pure cinema.

I hope Bangladesh with some decent young seamers emerging now prepare more pitches that offer something for the seamers.

An attack with four spinners and no seamers on a slow deck with Athar Ali Khan and Shamim Chowdhury rabbiting on in commentary at 6am UK time is dullness personified.

India playing india in rank turners. You know they will dominate, someone will score a big hundred. Just makes the game really boring

However watching india playing in overseas conditions is good game of cricket. The australia series win was a good game of cricket.

I think they need to come out of this rank turner bs

All time is a hard one to say. In last 10 years period, it is Sri Lanka.

Saffers probably the most exciting team. Some really ridiculous strikers of the ball but the more exciting part about them is how they collapse from winning position in a must win game.

Pretty much Bangladesh. And I can’t put a finger on it (the “why”) for some reason, especially since India has had some exciting matches against them. I just don’t look forward to watching Bangladesh play anyone.

Pretty much Bangladesh. And I can’t put a finger on it (the “why”) for some reason, especially since India has had some exciting matches against them. I just don’t look forward to watching Bangladesh play anyone.
But they are top class against Afg, Sl and India

I can't remember the exact dates but West Indies test would always come on in Sky in the evenings ( maybe 04-06). This was the post Walsh Ambrose years and Lara was on the way out

It was perhaps some of the dullest test match bowling ever. They were all honest tryers but players like Corey Collymore, Merv Dillon, Daren Powell and Pedro Collins were boring to watch

India playing india in rank turners. You know they will dominate, someone will score a big hundred. Just makes the game really boring

However watching india playing in overseas conditions is good game of cricket. The australia series win was a good game of cricket.

I think they need to come out of this rank turner bs
Rank turners are fun, the ball spitting and biting .. Every delivery is event filled. Thats the beauty of test cricket. And when Ind travel to SA or Aus - luv to see the chin music! And in NZ - the ridiculous swing.. Worst are the flat test tracks that Pak puts out - I really think they should prepare rank turners for the SENA teams.. I think they have a way better chance with turners than flat tracks. That way, they can dominate the SENA teams at home. Plus will make it more interesting. Test matches on flat wickets anywhere is so so boring..

Last edited by a moderator:
But they are top class against Afg, Sl and India

India don't take matches vs BD as seriously. They focus mostly on not losing to Pak and hence when the BD match happens, they don't give their 100% and hence BD has managed a couple of wins in last 5 years.

Cannot say any team is a boring team. Every team has had some exiting games and had some fun while playing cricket.

But if we really have to take a name, then I think Bangladesh.

India don't take matches vs BD as seriously. They focus mostly on not losing to Pak and hence when the BD match happens, they don't give their 100% and hence BD has managed a couple of wins in last 5 years.
No that's just a way of consolation. Many a times Virat and others have said that we take every match seriously

No that's just a way of consolation. Many a times Virat and others have said that we take every match seriously
It’s more like whoever is playing takes it seriously. There is a reason why relatively low profile series like Afghanistan, BD, Zimbabwe, SL see some of the main players resting and new faces being given a chance to showcase their talents in international cricket.

Ofcourse, nobody will say that we don't take any match seriously. That alone raises questions.

Pakistan.

Pakistan isn't a boring team though.

Their extremely entertaining to watch because unlike other teams who are professional, This unit even on the field is such a circus?

Look at their video that they posted after they lost 3 games on the dot in the world cup. They made a video as if they'd pull off the greatest comeback in their game against SA only for SA to eliminate them lol. And rizwan injury acting is just too funny.

I've always found Pakistan the most entertaining team to watch, Granted to watch from the perspective of mockery, not the perspective of their performance, but their comedy fielding is hilarious.

Were you in Indian dressing room? Who confirmed you this? LOL.

So, if India lose, it's because they don't take it seriously. That's your position.

For the record, India lost 2 ODI series in Bangladesh (one in 2015 and one in 2022). Rohit and Kohli were playing each time.

In terms of Least boring to Most boring I would say

1) England (When their onsong their ridiculously entertaining to watch, they really took aggressive cricket to a whole new level post 2015)

2) Australia (Their ability of never giving up makes them entertaining, Only Australia could have pulled off a victory against Afghanistan in wc 2023 or Pakistan in wc 2021. They fight till the last ball and keep you at the edge of your seats)

3) India (Every Game is fun to watch with these guys, Rohit provides entertainment in PP on both odi and t20, Kohli is so pleasing to watch when he's batting onsong in odi, and Bumrah is such a treat to watch)

4) South Africa (When their onsong I love them, Problem is their too inconsistent to make me enjoy them full time. This is the same team that can bully australia before the world cup and smash them black and blue for 400, only to struggle tooth and nail against pakistan, Lose to Nedtherlands, Struggle against Nepal, Lose from a winning position against India, Get bundled up for less then 40 against India and amoung other things.

The problem is their quota system, it's Luke watching 2 different games, On one end you have qdk providing entertainment, on the other it's Bavuma or hendricks sucking out all the joy.

They'd be higher if they were more consistent and white batter represented their team more.)

5) Afghanistan (I tend to root for them and enjoy their cricket. They play for the crest on their chest and it's this passion that has allowed them to pull upsets. Although I wish they showed this resolve against India, It's the one team where they seem clueless against in both morale and game plan)

6) Pakistan (Their a crapola team but their way way way way too funny too watch, I can never stop laughing at them. Usually when most teams play crap in PP it bores me, but for some reason I find Babar and rizwan's snail pace in t20 extremely funny, Also their fielding lol.

On the plus side, when Fakhar is onsong, I love it, Some of the best innings we've had( actually all of the best innings we've had) have come from him. His 114 in ct, 193 and his wc NZ 100 are my favourite innings of his. I also love his 210 and 91 of 46 against australia in t20.

7) West Indies (Not bad, In t20 I'd put them > Pakistan, but overall eh, their nothing special to watch in odi and test)

8) New Zealand (For t20 their boring as heck, For odi their pretty good but their not exactly entertainment. Rachin ravindra was a find in 2023 but he's regressed quickly. The rest are just okay.

Devon Conway and Darly Mitchell are good but not exactly dynamic entertainers, Williamson is good but he's boring as heck to watch as a batter. The rest of the team is okay, I enjoyed their bowling exploits in 2015 to 2019 but now they've kinda dwindled for me.)

8) Nedtherlands (Only enjoy them against South Africa where they seem to bring their A game)

9) Sri Lanka (Boring besides Mendis exploits, although they bring their A game against Pakistan)

10) Bangladesh ( Probs the most boring side to watch, their own players don't even seem interested)

Not gonna mention the rest like usa, Zimbabwe as I don't really care or follow those teams anymore outside of tournaments now.

Bangladesh and Zimbabwe are going to be everyone's pick from full members, that's a given

Were you in Indian dressing room? Who confirmed you this? LOL.

So, if India lose, it's because they don't take it seriously. That's your position.

For the record, India lost 2 ODI series in Bangladesh (one in 2015 and one in 2022). Rohit and Kohli were playing each time.

Bangladesh have historically been poor side and even now they have shown that they are not competent enough to win ODI matches vs a top class side, let alone Indian team. This means that Indian side that Bangladesh won were "B" side in the absence of Bumrah, Shami and Hardik and neither were the players interested. Rohit and Kohli have bashed top teams in bilaterals enough. They won't be keen or motivated in bashing Bangladesh in bilaterals. They will treat it as preparation games.The fact that you see names such as Kuldeep Sen and Shahbaz Ahmed playing tells us all we need to know.

When they play India in World Cup and WT20, they almost always lose which proves India's dominance over Bangladesh in white ball cricket in last 10 years.

Bangladesh and Zimbabwe are going to be everyone's pick from full members, that's a given
I don't think Bangladesh is a boring cricketing nation. In fact I find them to have the most enthusiastic crowd who enjoy every bit of the match.. yeah agree with Zimbabwe as they are very dull specially their crowd.

Bangladesh have historically been poor side and even now they have shown that they are not competent enough to win ODI matches vs a top class side, let alone Indian team. This means that Indian side that Bangladesh won were "B" side in the absence of Bumrah, Shami and Hardik and neither were the players interested. Rohit and Kohli have bashed top teams in bilaterals enough. They won't be keen or motivated in bashing Bangladesh in bilaterals. They will treat it as preparation games.The fact that you see names such as Kuldeep Sen and Shahbaz Ahmed playing tells us all we need to know.

When they play India in World Cup and WT20, they almost always lose which proves India's dominance over Bangladesh in white ball cricket in last 10 years.
Saying that India doesn't take their game seriously is an excuse every Indian uses for every game.

I saw comments from some people claiming India didn't take the game seriously against australia in the final which is why they lost lol.

Indians take their games seriously. Yes Bangladesh beat them when they sent their crapola teams aka a 3rd rate bowling attack and Both rohit and kohli in 2022 suffered a dry patch before they were back in form for 2023 cup,

So yes, Bangladesh can only beat a 3rd rate bowling attack indian side with a 2nd rate batting attack and a rohit and kohli who aren't in form, but that doesn't mean they don't take their games seriously and just let Bangladesh win or play with the intention of letting Bangladesh win.

That's a ridiculous claim to make.

I don't think Bangladesh is a boring cricketing nation. In fact I find them to have the most enthusiastic crowd who enjoy every bit of the match.. yeah agree with Zimbabwe as they are very dull specially their crowd.
This isn't about the crowd. Otherwise Nepal would be ranked top 3 here since their crowd shows more interest in cricket then even England crowds do with the exception of tournaments since their fans just love their team to death.

It's about the team playing itself.

Watching Bangladesh play is like watching paint dry because they themselves don't even seem interested. Theirs no enthusiasm, Joy etc.

90% of the time when they upset a superior nation they themselves are shocked and believe it's a total fluke and don't even understand how they won.

Contrast that with Afghanistan and you can see how much a loss against pakistan from won positions hurt them, How much finally smacking pakistan cheered them and how Beating Australia was their best moment in their history.

Their goal was never to win 2024 cup, just to be competitive. Getting into semi's and being the ones to seal the tomb of Australia was defining for them and you could clearly tell.

If this was Bangladesh they'd have dead expressions with they themselves wondering what even happened lol.

As per this thread's poll, New Zealand and Bangladesh have been selected as the most boring teams. LOL. 5 votes each.
Yeah was expecting Bangladesh and Zimbabwe.

People probs choose NZ cause their a generally boring team and Zimbabwe isn't popular.

We've gone 2 tournaments without them so people probs don't even follow them or care enough to vote for them.

With thar being said, After Bangladesh and Zimbabwe, NZ is my 3rd pick for most boring lol.

Saying that India doesn't take their game seriously is an excuse every Indian uses for every game.

I saw comments from some people claiming India didn't take the game seriously against australia in the final which is why they lost lol.

Indians take their games seriously. Yes Bangladesh beat them when they sent their crapola teams aka a 3rd rate bowling attack and Both rohit and kohli in 2022 suffered a dry patch before they were back in form for 2023 cup,

So yes, Bangladesh can only beat a 3rd rate bowling attack indian side with a 2nd rate batting attack and a rohit and kohli who aren't in form, but that doesn't mean they don't take their games seriously and just let Bangladesh win or play with the intention of letting Bangladesh win.

That's a ridiculous claim to make.

When you say that they sent a 3rd rate bowling attack, is that not enough indication of how seriously they took that series? Ofcourse, on field, they will play the way they play and won't let opposition just walkover but the fact that they went with limited resources and rested the key ones gives us indication of what we should know.

I never saw any comment stating that India didn't took the finals vs Australia in World Cup seriously. That is what I am hearing for first time and it sounds laughworthy.

When you say that they sent a 3rd rate bowling attack, is that not enough indication of how seriously they took that series? Ofcourse, on field, they will play the way they play and won't let opposition just walkover but the fact that they went with limited resources and rested the key ones gives us indication of what we should know.

I never saw any comment stating that India didn't took the finals vs Australia in World Cup seriously. That is what I am hearing for first time and it sounds laughworthy.
Trust me mate, people make funny comments all the time lol.

But regardless, I think you and I just disagree on definitions but agree overall.

My point was India with a full strength team would wash Bamgaldesh 10 out of 10 times. You'd need a miracle for Bangladesh to pull off a victory which did happen in asia cup 2012 but has not happened for 12 years since then, Not to mention Indian bowling attack is just 100x scarier today then it is back then, and even 2012 India involved playing with end of rope players, especially Sachin and Gamhbir.

Yes Sachin scored his final 100 however he played at a sr of 77, and the scorecard only read 289, which overall was a sub par score on a road. (Ps: Shows how good Sachin was, His burnt out corpse self is still scoring 100's lol)

So yes Bangladesh beating India can't happen unless certain circumstances occur but that doesn't mean they aren't taking it seriously.

By seriously I mean their 3rd rate bowlers are still trying and their batsmen are still trying to win that game? Their not just letting Bangladesh wash them.

Back