Which of Pakistan’s T20 World Cup group stage exits was the most painful?

Which of Pakistan’s T20 World Cup group stage exits was the most painful?

• Total voters

BouncerGuy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Runs
2014 (Bangladesh) Group stage exit:

Loss to India
Won against Australia
Won against Bangladesh
Loss to West Indies

2016 (India) Group stage exit:

Win against Bangladesh
Loss to India
Loss to Australia
Loss to New Zealand

2024 (USA/WI) Group stage exit:

Loss to USA
Loss to India
Win against Canada
?? vs Ireland

For me, the 2024 T20 World Cup exit was particularly painful for fans and players. This was the earliest they had ever been eliminated from the competition. Defeats to the USA and India triggered the exit this time.

The disappointment was deepened by the surprising fact that the USA, a team primarily composed of part-time players, succeeded in reaching the Super Eight stage in their very first appearance.

What was the most painful exit for you guys? Please vote and share your thoughts about it.​

Last edited:
Has to be 24, losing 2 winable games to an ametur side and your biggest rivals must hurt a lot

2014 (Bangladesh) Group stage exit:

Loss to India
Won against Australia
Won against Bangladesh
Loss to West Indies

2016 (India) Group stage exit:

Win against Bangladesh
Loss to India
Loss to Australia
Loss to New Zealand

2024 (USA/WI) Group stage exit:

Loss to USA
Loss to India
Win against Canada
?? vs Ireland

For me, the 2024 T20 World Cup exit was particularly painful for fans and players. This was the earliest they had ever been eliminated from the competition. Defeats to the USA and India triggered the exit this time.

The disappointment was deepened by the surprising fact that the USA, a team primarily composed of part-time players, succeeded in reaching the Super Eight stage in their very first appearance.

What was the most painful exit for you guys? Please vote and share your thoughts about it.​
Lost 2 games out of 4 in 2014,

Lost 3 games out of 4 in 2016

Lost 2 games out of 3 till now in 2024.

Worst performance so far in 2024, has to be the most painful tournament this time.

Last edited:
Got to be 2014. Back then, PAK were considered favourites to actually win . They had 2 chuckers - one was considered by some to be the best bowler in this format.

And then to crash out in the group stage was , rightfully, a shock for many.

I don't think any rational fan considered PAK favourites to even make semis without some ridiculous levels of luck.

The most painful exit for me was the 2014 ICC T20 World Cup, as it broke our streak of qualifying for the semifinals in every edition. I expected us to exit early in 2016 and 2024, but it was the 2014 loss that hurt the most.

losses arent painful anymore, this is part and parcel of supporting a minnow nation.

The most painful exit for me was the 2014 ICC T20 World Cup, as it broke our streak of qualifying for the semifinals in every edition. I expected us to exit early in 2016 and 2024, but it was the 2014 loss that hurt the most.
I remember we had west indies on the ropes and then in the last five overs they scored 80+ runs and then our batting completely fell apart. Only scored 12 runs in the powerplay. That was the most painful one and enraging defeat.

Back