Which side will score the most runs in overs 1-6 at the ICC T20 World Cup 2024?

Which side will score the most runs in overs 1-6 at the ICC T20 World Cup 2024?

• Afghanistan

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Canada

• Pakistan

• New Zealand

• Sri Lanka

• South Africa

• Uganda

• USA

• Namibia

• Nepal

• Netherlands

• Scotland

• USA

• Oman

• Total voters

The Bald Eagle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Runs
In T20 its all about explosive batting and to reap the best outcome, the six overs in the powerplay are of utmost importance.

So in your opinion Which side will score the most runs in overs 1-6 at the ICC T20 World Cup 2024?

Share your predictions guys!

Scotland were impressive today 49/0 in 6 overs.

Not sure but I can tell you which side will score the least from all test playing nations 😀

any team with most dynamic openers!

most probably India and Australia

so far Afghanistan has the highest Power Play score of 65/0 in this WC

Last edited:
Safe to say, it won't be Pakistan!

I dont fancy any Pakistan batter here

Attachments

• 1717692122888.png
    1717692122888.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
This is the best Powerplay score i guess.

Australia made 74/2 in powerplay overs against England today.

Indian trolls ruining every thread, if its not their fake Pakistani fan hat, its their genuine Indian fan insecurity.

So far, what I have observed in this World Cup is that India and Australia are the teams that can capitalize on the Power Play with aggression.

New York's pitch is difficult to bat on, thankfully Pakistan didn't lose too many wickets in the power play; they scored 35 runs and lost 1 wicket in the first 6 overs.

Not good if you talk about T20s. Pitches to be blamed here???

1st innings Powerplay totals in New York

24/1
26/2
37/2
20/3
50/2
24/4
30/2

USA manage to score 18/2 in the Powerplay against India

This is the joint lowest powerplay total against India in T20Is

Lowest powerplay total against India in T20Is

18/3 – SL, Dharamsala, 2022
18/2 – USA, New York, 2024
21/5 – AFG, Dubai, 2022
21/3 – BAN, Hagzhou, 2023

I would love to see how Warner and Head will take on the New York pitch.

They are the most attacking batters in this World Cup.

not sure might be any game of super 8s there! or all the matches of next round would be in WI now?
Naw, I think their headed to WI after this.

Also this is coming from an aussie fan, Idk about Warner but Travis head would be a walking wicket in that pitch. Yes he played well in India on a slow pitch, but he only really knows how to play one way, and on that pitch he wouldn't sit tight, he'd go for it and get out.

Warner idk since Warner is experienced and can adjust. But Travis is defo failing in that pitch.

Naw, I think their headed to WI after this.

Also this is coming from an aussie fan, Idk about Warner but Travis head would be a walking wicket in that pitch. Yes he played well in India on a slow pitch, but he only really knows how to play one way, and on that pitch he wouldn't sit tight, he'd go for it and get out.

Warner idk since Warner is experienced and can adjust. But Travis is defo failing in that pitch.

but Travis Head played some good knocks on Indian pitches, so he might be able to better adjust to the New York wicket.

What i have noticed about the New York pitch is that nobody even bothered to go for an attack early on. If they had, they might have scored runs at least in the Power Play when the ball was new.

but Travis Head played some good knocks on Indian pitches, so he might be able to better adjust to the New York wicket.

What i have noticed about the New York pitch is that nobody even bothered to go for an attack early on. If they had, they might have scored runs at least in the Power Play when the ball was new.
Honestly mate idk. Travis head isn't that great. I mean he is , but David Warner is the better player. Its just Travis in his career is a completly different beast in semi's and finals.

But again he's always been the type to go for it. I don't think NY will suit him. He's here to end bowling careers, he isn't gonna play the pitch out.

I would love to see how Warner and Head will take on the New York pitch.

They are the most attacking batters in this World Cup.
Would have failed. This has far too many variables. Pace, bounce, turn. Far too many toe ended shots. Vast majority of the batsmen played a little too soon on this pitch.

A good powerplay for Bangladesh against Netherlands. They made 54/2 in their quota overs of powerplay.

And the award goes to the West Indies. Scored 92/1 - highest powerplay score in T20 World Cups so far against Afghanistan in a super 8 stage match.

Last edited by a moderator:
And the award goes to the West Indies. Scored 92/1 - highest powerplay score in T20 World Cups so far against Afghanistan in a super 8 stage match.

Not the highest score of this world cup only, but the highest among all the T20 World Cup editions so far.

CWQX0ng.jpeg

West Indies always had the best chance of achieving it. They have monster hitters. No other team has that kind of raw firepower.

A brilliant start by South Africa against USA made 64/1 in their first 6 overs. USA in deep trouble now.

for now Australian batters are making the full use of the power play where all other sides are struggling.

India in the powerplay today in the final against South Africa:

First 8 balls - 23/0
Next 28 balls - 22/3

Back