Which side will win the possible 2022/23 EPL title decider between Manchester City and Arsenal?

Which side will win the possible EPL title decider between Manchester City and Arsenal?

• Manchester City will win

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Match will be a draw

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

MenInG

PakPassion Administrator
Staff member
Runs
Venue: Etihad Stadium Date: Wednesday, 26 April Kick-off: 20:00 BST

Manchester City and Arsenal go head to head in a Premier League title showdown on Wednesday - and one of the biggest games in the English top flight for a decade.

The Gunners lead the table by five points, but have played two games more than Pep Guardiola's defending champions.

Both sides know a win at Etihad Stadium will see them take control of the title race with only a month until the finish line.

Mikel Arteta's Arsenal, who were eight points clear at the start of the month, last won the title in 2003-04.

Chasing a fifth Premier League title in six years, City are also in contention for a Treble, including the FA Cup and Champions League.

"Arsenal have had a blip and I suspect their players will have doubts," said 1994-95 Premier League winner Chris Sutton on BBC Radio 5 Live.

"Manchester City will have that strut, they've been there and done it, so I think they'll win the game comfortably."

Man City are favourites but something inside tells me Arsenal will spring a surprise - hence my vote!

Of course City...best football team in Britain and 2nd best in Europe (after Real).

Always back my team.
No matter the odds

That’s the spirit unlike Mr. Doom & Gloom :))

I am backing Arsenal, iA you guys pull it off.

Big moment in the career of Arteta, I think he is up for it and the players will be playing without fear this evening.

When faced with overwhelming odds, I am always reminded of this clip from Apollo 13

[utube]sngs6wj8tEY[/utube]

Man City v Arsenal: Stat attack

Man City v Arsenal (20.00BST)

Manchester City have won all six of their Premier League home games against Arsenal under Pep Guardiola, by an aggregate score of 17-3. They last lost at home to the Gunners in January 2015 (2-0).

Arsenal have scored just three goals in their past 10 Premier League games against City, failing to score on seven occasions.

City have beaten the Gunners twice already this season - 3-1 in the reverse league fixture and 1-0 in the FA Cup. Only Liverpool have beaten Arsenal three times in the same season before (1994-95, 1996-97 and 2021-22).

“I’m very confident for tonight. I think Arsenal will bottle it, I really do.”

“I’m worried… that we’ll only win 4-0!”

These #MCFC fans aren’t feeling any nervous ahead of the clash against #AFC

==

Aanay do!

Mikel Arteta has spoken ahead of Arsenal's top of the table match against Manchester City this evening and he covered a lot of ground.

Here are they key lines from his news conference:

There is "no real improvement" on defender William Saliba and Arteta said "we are preparing this game without him".

He also confirmed that Granit Xhaka is "still a doubt" but that the midfielder will hopefully able to train on Tuesday.

On how vital it is to beat City, Arteta said: "The game is going to be really important. Is it going to define the season? The answer is no."

On winning the Premier League title, the Spaniard said: "We really want it and we are going to show that again tomorrow night."

On whether nerves are getting the better of his players, Arteta said: "Key moments in games haven't gone our way."

He said there have been individual errors recently at both ends of the pitch: "In front of goal there were moments we should have done much better and we conceded some sloppy goals".

On City, he said: "They can do so many things that you have to adapt to, so you have to focus on certain principles."

He added: "It’s going to be a tough night and a challenge, yes - but the opportunity is incredible for us."

One of the few games of club football I've been buzzing to watch.

I really really want Arsenal to win but I suspect we will see a masterclass from City that will expose Arsenals frailties big time.

I predict city by 2.

That looked too easy for MCI - Ramsdale usually saves these in his sleep

City just holding the ball now - matter of time before they score again.

Somehow Arsenal need to get to the HT whistle now and regroup.

M City have so many scoring options - incredible

Anti-climax in the end. All eyes on the biggest game of the season, Arsenal never even showed up.

Back