Who will become Liverpool's new Manager!

attock

First Class Star
Runs
I wonder who will take over at Liverpool as the new Manager.

Some of the rumours are, that Deschamps and Klopp are being looked at by Liverpool.

Deschamps was also a target for Liverpool in the past, but he declined the offer.

Other names being linked are Martinez, AVB and Benitez.

Let's see who will take over as the new manager.

Last edited:
Deschamps, Rafa, AVB or Rijkaard.

Rijkaard would be a very good option as he did a very good job at Barcelona, I rate him higher then Pep Guardiola....

AVB is not suited to the Premiership yet, hope he is not selected for the managers job.....

I dont know much about Deschamps....

Benitez is a good manager......

From these four, I think Rijkaard is the best option....

AVB would be a good choice, very good young manager, sadly he wasnt given time during his poision chalice reign at chelsea.

Dave Whelan confirms he has given permission to Liverpool to hold talks with Roberto Martinez

I think Martinez would be a smart appointment BUT he needs to be given time to put his own stamp on the club, the question is will he be given that time?

I think Martinez would be a smart appointment BUT he needs to be given time to put his own stamp on the club, the question is will he be given that time?

At liverpool id say yes. I think they are one club traditionally that do give managers on the whole time to stamp their mark on things.

Martinez would be a really bad appointment, his a very modest guy who would be undermined by the huge expectations and a press that would still remember his comments on ferguson.

Benitez would be a great accomplishment, if he had the 70m dalgish had he would have bought silva, villa and mata a few years go.
He brought in players like mascherano and alonso, while dalglish bought mediocre equivalents.

If the americans deem benitez to be too much of an ego clash, avb would still be a bad signing. He would try and completely change the team and that would take a while,

At liverpool id say yes. I think they are one club traditionally that do give managers on the whole time to stamp their mark on things.

I heard the new owners want success, so if they think the manager is not good enough they will sack him regardless of how long he has been managing the club. Kenny and Hodgson are a clear example of how they work, they sacked Hodgson pretty soon and also got rid of Kenny after just over a year......

What, like Roy Hodgson?

Roy was dead man walking for many Liverpool fans including me after he failed to defend Liverpool's Fernando Torres against Ferguson's accusation of diving in post match interview. Liverpool job was stepping stone for his dream to manager England.)

Last edited:
Mr. Rafael Benitez (Best Liverpool manager since King Kenny left first time around. European Cup winner, defeated cream of European football including European Champion Barcelona, qualified for European Cup 5 out of six season, loved by most reds, loves Liverpool and there is no compensation fee to pay as well.)

I will be happy with the mangers listed below as well.

Fabio Capello (Serial winner and he will want to rebuild his reputation in England as well. He will be safe choice.)

Frank Rijkaard (Good manager for Barca. He will be a gamble in my view.)

Jurgen Klopp (Unlikely. His work at BD is very impressive but he will stay at BD.)

Didier Deschamps (Unlikely. He wants to manage OM at new OM stadium.)

Josep Guardiola (Unlikely. He wants some rest but Liverpool challenge might interest him.)

Marcelo Bielsa (His Chile team played best football in 2010 World Cup. He is doing good job at Bilbao as well. He will be most interesting choice.)

Louis Van Gaal (Good Manager for Ajax, Barcelona, AZ and Bayern Munich. He will be safe choice same as Capello.)

I do not want Martinez or ant British/Irish managers.

Liverpool looking at the following candidates

Guardiola (I think he has declined the offer)
Frank de Boer
Benitez
Fabio Capello
Didier Deschamps
Jurgen Klopp
Martinez
Rodgers (He has declined the offer)
and coouple more........

Last edited:
Mr. Rafael Benitez (Best Liverpool manager since King Kenny left first time around. European Cup winner, defeated cream of European football including European Champion Barcelona, qualified for European Cup 5 out of six season, loved by most reds, loves Liverpool and there is no compensation fee to pay as well.)

I will be happy with the mangers listed below as well.

Fabio Capello (Serial winner and he will want to rebuild his reputation in England as well. He will be safe choice.)

Frank Rijkaard (Good manager for Barca. He will be a gamble in my view.)

Jurgen Klopp (Unlikely. His work at BD is very impressive but he will stay at BD.)

Didier Deschamps (Unlikely. He wants to manage OM at new OM stadium.)

Josep Guardiola (Unlikely. He wants some rest but Liverpool challenge might interest him.)

Marcelo Bielsa (His Chile team played best football in 2010 World Cup. He is doing good job at Bilbao as well. He will be most interesting choice.)

Louis Van Gaal (Good Manager for Ajax, Barcelona, AZ and Bayern Munich. He will be safe choice same as Capello.)

I do not want Martinez or ant British/Irish managers.

Rafa's the man, he would help the american owners alot with their minimal grasp of soccer and he's more scouse than jimmy corkhill.

Liverpool have begun their search for a new boss following the board's decision to axe Kenny Dalglish earlier this week.

The Reds are believed to have a shortlist of up to 12 people they want to talk to about succeeding Dalglish at Anfield.

Wigan's Roberto Martinez has already been given permission to enter discussions with Liverpool, while Swansea chief Brendan Rodgers declined the opportunity to hold talks with the Merseyside giants.

Danish icon Laudrup is thought to be in the frame for the post, with the 47-year-old believed to be keen to try his luck in England.

Former Barcelona and Real Madrid star Laudrup is highly-regarded in Europe as one of the best young managers around with his brand of exciting attacking style of play.

Laudrup worked as Morten Olsen's assistant with the Danish national side before he took charge of Brondby in 2002.

After four successful seasons, he left Brondby for Getafe, leading them to the final of the Copa del Rey and the quarter-finals of the old UEFA Cup.

Laudrup has since had spells with Spartak Moscow and Real Mallorca, who he left last September.

Laudrup has been linked with a move to England in the past and the Dane is thought to have admirers inside the corridors of power at Anfield as they look to bring in a new man to get the club back on track.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11669/7765026/Laudrup-in-Liverpool-link

Liverpool have begun their search for a new boss following the board's decision to axe Kenny Dalglish earlier this week.

The Reds are believed to have a shortlist of up to 12 people they want to talk to about succeeding Dalglish at Anfield.

Wigan's Roberto Martinez has already been given permission to enter discussions with Liverpool, while Swansea chief Brendan Rodgers declined the opportunity to hold talks with the Merseyside giants.

Danish icon Laudrup is thought to be in the frame for the post, with the 47-year-old believed to be keen to try his luck in England.

Former Barcelona and Real Madrid star Laudrup is highly-regarded in Europe as one of the best young managers around with his brand of exciting attacking style of play.

Laudrup worked as Morten Olsen's assistant with the Danish national side before he took charge of Brondby in 2002.

After four successful seasons, he left Brondby for Getafe, leading them to the final of the Copa del Rey and the quarter-finals of the old UEFA Cup.

Laudrup has since had spells with Spartak Moscow and Real Mallorca, who he left last September.

Laudrup has been linked with a move to England in the past and the Dane is thought to have admirers inside the corridors of power at Anfield as they look to bring in a new man to get the club back on track.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11669/7765026/Laudrup-in-Liverpool-link

Guillam balague confirmed there's been no approach to laudrup but he was honoured to be linked with the club.

I like Martinez but perhaps a bit premature with regards to this. Wigan had a great run for a few months in 2012, and it really was awesome, but a lot of people didn't rate him at all before that. Let's see how he does in the 12/13 season.

Martinez - no thanks, frankly it will be the equivalent of buying henderson or downing.

Guardiola would be great.

I like Martinez but perhaps a bit premature with regards to this. Wigan had a great run for a few months in 2012, and it really was awesome, but a lot of people didn't rate him at all before that. Let's see how he does in the 12/13 season.

Nobody would have mentioned Martinez, if King Kenny had lost his job in March or earlier. Promoting of Martinez by media is usual disrespect Cockney/Manc media show to Liverpool FC.

Looks like Martinez is going to get the job... :facepalm:

I see another Hodgson......

Martinez as manager, van gaal as director. Van gaal the dominant partner and martinez the quiet guy.
He'l be given a limited budget to add to the current squad who he won't be able to sell because they've been bought for the long term for big bucks which means he's basically been picked for his man managment and his humble approach/ yes man.
After a couple of bad results and the fans on his back he'l lose the dressing rooms and the fans and van gaal will replace him.

No :( He is actually a great manager. I was really hoping they brought Steve Mcmananan or something or Rafa. :'(

No :( He is actually a great manager. I was really hoping they brought Steve Mcmananan or something or Rafa. :'(

Rodgers has proven to be a good manager BUT will he be given the time to make his mark on the team?

They seriously need a manager who will get them back into the top 4. Champions league isn the same without liverpool.

Interesting appointment, Rodgers is a young manager who is very continental in his approach. A big admirer of Spanish football, likes to control the game with possession, encourages pass and move, plays a high line and wants his team to be constantly pressing. Plays 4-3-3/4-2-3-1 I think with Swansea.

Big gamble but if it works out then fair play, if not, if the expectations of top 4 prove to be too high and since the owners of LFC are determined to get back into the CL due to FFP then 6 months down the line they'll be looking for another successor. IMO they should give the guy time, could build something there.

Should aim for a Top 6 finish in the first season, top 4 is too ambitious. Interesting appointment though I hope he gets time to shape the squad as he would like to.

Brendan rodgers is a decent appointment who has done wonders with swansea.
I don't buy into the barcelona style of play and rodgers wasn't exactly renowned for it at his previous clubs prior to swansea.
At liverpool he will have downing and carroll in his team without doubt and he will have to change his 'philosophy' to suit them rather than imposing any pre concieved ideals about buying leon britton and adapting liverpool's team around him.

Good appointment. I think Brendan Rodgers will do well. Why? Two reasons.

The first, he is an impressive young manager.

And the second, bigger reason: because LFC fans have now been forced to get over their laughable King Kenny fetish. Through supporter's groups and pressure from the stands, they first pushed for the decent Hodgson to be dumped for Kenny. Then, Kenny made a much bigger hash of the league than Hodgson would have done - while Hodgson was performing admirably at West Brom - and Kenny got sacked.

People who still think Kenny is the man for the job tend to be Scousers in denial. Even Gerrard hinted that the Kenny factor could have been an overall negative force. Granted, the Liverpool owners have not been brilliant, but their ruthless disposal of Kenny has been one of the their better decisions.

So, Rodgers is on the whole not going to be in the shadow of an essentially average manager, and will be given time to implement his plans.

Last edited:
Pretty excited by this appointment, he made Swansea play some real good football (probably the best football in the league).....

Hope this is the end of Downing and Carroll......

I was not much excited about him becoming Liverpool manager but he came across very well in his press conference. Brendan Rodgers is manager of Liverpool Football Club and he has my support and wish him all the best. Hopefully, he will be successful at Liverpool and join these other greats of Liverpool Football Club in the future.

6283183.jpg

Gerard : The Liverpool fans don't want me to be the manager

Speaking to ITV, Gerrard said: "The Liverpool fans don't want me to be the manager of Liverpool Football Club. They want Jurgen Klopp to continue to be the Liverpool manager, and I'm totally with all of them.

We shouldn't talk about this, we have one of the best managers leading our club at the minute. I love him.

"I hope he stays for a few more years. But I've got a job here. I don't think it's helpful to talk about this and I hope Jurgen stays at Liverpool for many years."

Back