Why are Pakistanis so obsessed with India?

deviously~fading~away

First Class Captain
Runs
I simply don't get it. Why are we as a nation so in love with India?

Everyday our headlines end with a bollywood news such as "Salman Khan says he is not dating blah blah blah".

Our morning shows revolve around anchors telling people what diet 'Preity Zinta is on" or what "Kareena Kapoor has for breakfast".

I use to go to a univesity in Dubai where all Pakistanis use to be planning what latest "Bollywood" movie to watch over the week. The all Pakistani school buses are filled with the lastest bollywood song with an odd Ali Zafar, Jal etc song.

Why are we so captivated with India? Why can't we just be neutral with India? Why do we have to LOVE them & follow them? And that too after 'what many Pakistanis, army & isi' believe are indian/israel agents who are being trained to destablize the nation.

Let's not forget India blocking water to Pakistan which is having a damaging affect on Pakistan.

Why is it that every Pakistani actor/singer (par a few like Shaan) believes that being in India to perform or act is the greatest thing that can happen to them!

perhaps you should have said why Pakistanis are obsessed with Indian celebrities.

The entertainment industry knows no such boundaries as nationality.

Let's not forget that the most important factor here is language. The language spoken in both countries is almost the same, hence many Pakistanis prefer to watch a movie in a language closer to their mothertongue (Hindi) than in some language that they might not be so proficient in. (English)

Also, they're just better than us at marketing their product, that's all there is to it, really.

Their film making industry is just light years ahead of ours, as for their music industry... well most of their famous songs are from imported Pakistani singers, they just do a better job at selling those songs.

My question is, why are you mixing the entertainment industry with political stuff?

More importantly, why are you mentioning nationaly in terms of songs/movies anyways? Does that really matter, in your honest opinion. Do we really like it JUST BECAUSE they're Indian?

Top post bro and sadly very true. na jaane what they have with the indians. if only this didnt happen this much, we Pakistanis could have achieved much more todayy.
Im happy you arent one of those either and lets hope others also rethink why they are in awe with india. our enemy which has always been terribly bad and is sucking up to americans to further damage our reputation.
May allah protect us from all our enemies and lead us to greather heights.Pakistan Paindabad:wahab:afridi:akhtar

The entertainment industry knows no such boundaries as nationality.

Let's not forget that the most important factor here is language. The language spoken in both countries is almost the same, hence many Pakistanis prefer to watch a movie in a language closer to their mothertongue (Hindi) than in some language that they might not be so proficient in. (English)

Also, they're just better than us at marketing their product, that's all there is to it, really.

Their film making industry is just light years ahead of ours, as for their music industry... well most of their famous songs are from imported Pakistani singers, they just do a better job at selling those songs.

My question is, why are you mixing the entertainment industry with political stuff?

More importantly, why are you mentioning nationaly in terms of songs/movies anyways? Does that really matter, in your honest opinion. Do we really like it JUST BECAUSE they're Indian?
Quite simply I wouldn't if Pakistan & India were like Pakistan & Sri Lanka. But the fact that we as a nation are falling apart & India has a part in it (even if very little) really grinds me to ask the question.

By promoting their stuff on our channels through mass media, obiviously we are inticing our people to love bollywood.

Why can't we give same time to Shaan, our music industry, fashion industry etc?

Plus Pakistan would not be in a dire situation if the average youth made films. That's how America's indy genre kicked off & led to some great directors (who now make major blockbusters).

I for one am not those who preaches but doesn't do it himself. I fully intend on making a Pakistani indy film in order to flourish the industry overtime instead of just cry about it

Bollywood is the most watched film industry in the world.

people like Amitabh Bachchan are household names in countries like Egypt and Sudan.

why do people not talk about them rather than our stars? its quite simple, lack of quality and lack of exposure.

you can count on one hand the number of 'good' Pak films made in the last decade.

people like Amitabh Bachchan are household names in countries like Egypt and Sudan.

why do people not talk about them rather than our stars? its quite simple, lack of quality and lack of exposure.

you can count on one hand the number of 'good' Pak films made in the last decade.
Doesn't that mean that we should support our industry?

Is this a joke thread? I feel it's quite the opposite, Indians are more obsessed with Pakistan.

I heard few years back that Pakistani film industry was in bad situation and many cinema halls were almost on the verge of closing. Is that true? I don't recall any details.

If it is so then certainly people should try to reinvent their film industry and both citizens of Pakistan and Govt will have play big part in this initiative.

Is this a joke thread? I feel it's quite the opposite, Indians are more obsessed with Pakistan.

To be honest Indians hardly know much about Pakistan except for what is taught in History, Geography etc. and some other things which are directly related to both countries.

of course absolutely, but they need to produce the goods too.

we as a people indulge the performing arts a lot, lekin cheez bhi to achhi banao.
I meant why doesn't the goverment/private sector support young producers/directors/actors?

Quite simply I wouldn't if Pakistan & India were like Pakistan & Sri Lanka. But the fact that we as a nation are falling apart & India has a part in it (even if very little) really grinds me to ask the question.

By promoting their stuff on our channels through mass media, obiviously we are inticing our people to love bollywood.

Why can't we give same time to Shaan, our music industry, fashion industry etc?

Here's the thing, when you're paying for something, you want to make sure that it's something worth your time and money.

Like AZ pointed out, there have been very few good Pakistani films in the last couple of years.

I refuse to believe that the music scene is going downhill... In fact I believe with the likes of Ali Zafar, Atif Aslam and Rahat Fateh Ali Khan among many others, it has just grown bigger.

Bollywood also had a hand in this, as they marketed these stars in order to give them worldwide popularity. So we can have the same question vice-versa... why do Indians LOVE Pakistani singers?

Simply because the quality here is much better. The actors and the film industry in India is much better than ours and hence many people would rather follow something that is actually worth spending your time on.

I for one hate those paindu Pakistani movies where the actor is screaming his lungs out aimlessly and the actress is just dancing weirdly all the time and overacting galore! I admit there are a couple of really good Pakistani movies, but for every good movie, there are about a 100 that you wouldn't want your enemy to watch even.

I heard few years back that Pakistani film industry was in bad situation and many cinema halls were almost on the verge of closing. Is that true? I don't recall any details.

If it is so then certainly people should try to reinvent their film industry and both citizens of Pakistan and Govt will have play big part in this initiative.
That is quite right. Plus yes Pakistani cinemas are now mostly empty unless an American or Bollywood film is playing.

Unless the goverment or private sector doesn't support, Pakistan cinema can't rise

To be honest Indians hardly know much about Pakistan except for what is taught in History, Geography etc. and some other things which are directly related to both countries.

Same thing can be said about India. Other than Indian entertainment industry, we barely know anything about India.

I don't watch Indian films or watch their channels really. Main thing I read about is their cricket team which is our sporting rival so I like to see how they are doing.

They are occupying Kashmir and oppressing our brothers so for that reason I like to see how their military and government is doing.

Thats all.

I meant why doesn't the goverment/private sector support young producers/directors/actors?

till the early 70s Indian and Pak movies were quite well-matched in terms of production and acting quality.

but Indian cinema evolved whilst Pakistani cinema deteriorated.

ask any person of that generation and they will sing the praises of actors like Mohammad Ali, Waheed Murad & Nadeem.

their films are very fondly remembered.

I think perhaps the change occurred due to the more hardline Islam-centric government of Zia-ul-Haq.

Same thing can be said about India. Other than Indian entertainment industry, we barely know anything about India.

and even if someone comes to this forum in a hope to have at least some idea of good thing about Pakistan other than cricket, all they see is only constant speeches about military and bombs from both Indians and Pakistanis. I said this in other thread and I'm saying it again. Why there are not many discussions about those aspects which Pakistan can be proud of or it's just me who fails to see this? Just see timepass forum and you will get an idea what I mean.

Potential of Pakistan : 12 replies

Indian elephant thread : 48 replies

Nice photo essay about pakistan : 7 replies

Last edited:
till the early 70s Indian and Pak movies were quite well-matched in terms of production and acting quality.

but Indian cinema evolved whilst Pakistani cinema deteriorated.

ask any person of that generation and they will sing the praises of actors like Mohammad Ali, Waheed Murad & Nadeem.

their films are very fondly remembered.

I think perhaps the change occurred due to the more hardline Islam-centric government of Zia-ul-Haq.
Ah now those were actors. I have seen their work. The lack of financial support led to the fall of Pakistani cinema not quality of work (our tv serials are proof of that)

and even if someone comes to this forum in a hope to have at least some idea of good thing about Pakistan other than cricket, all they see is only constant speeches about military and bombs from both Indians and Pakistanis. I said this in other thread and I'm saying it again. Why there are not many discussions about those aspects which Pakistan can be proud of or it's just me who fails to see this? Just see timepass forum and you will get an idea what I mean.
I just opened a thread named khuda aur Muhabbat (nothing vile in that) :) But i see your point. I guess as a nation we are more into a negative spiral due to the events around us & find little to find joy in?

DFA mate it wasn't as if film production stopped completely.

woh to banti hi rehti thi.

DFA mate it wasn't as if film production stopped completely.

woh to banti hi rehti thi.
I agree but what I meant was that when you start to suffocate an industry (no matter which) by financial means, the industry will explode, only a matter of time.

The tax of a concert in Pakistan is a prime example of how financial gains by goverment & private sector can murder an industry. While Coke Studio shows how aid in financials by private sector & govermental can lead to a boom in a industry.

Look at Real Estate in Dubai in 2001 & how the goverment "created" the boom.

Potential of Pakistan : 12 replies

Indian elephant thread : 48 replies

Nice photo essay about pakistan : 7 replies

Well I don't think you have been long enough on this forum to say that we haven't or we don't discuss good things about Pakistan. But even then, people all around the world, like to discuss the hot topics or topics that everyone talks about, regardless of whether it's negative or positive. So you can't just blame the Pakistanis for discussing hot topics. Plus I am sorry I don't see any Indian coming to Pakistani forum to learn good things about Pakistan, I just don't see it.

Yaar we people also follow as much as we like in Pakistan. We admire your artists and have always greeted them with open arms. You don't have a big movie industry, if there was one there is no doubt we would have been following your movies and actor/actresses just like we follow your singers/ stand up comedians

We share the same culture, speak the same language. No matter what agendas we have but we are more likely to mingle with each other than with people from other countries.

What am i doing on a Pakistan website?
I am obsessed with Pakistan, i wanna know what separates us that we have turned into greatest haters. It's only the religion man, everything else is same.

The fact that India is so open to Pak artists is a very proud thing for me, hopefully you guys will also welcome our people over there and let them entertain your people as well. It only brings the two nations closer

Last edited:
Yaar we people also follow as much as we like in Pakistan. We admire your artists and have always greeted them with open arms. You don't have a big movie industry, if there was one there is no doubt we would have been following your movies and actor/actresses just like we follow your singers/ stand up comedians

We share the same culture, speak the same language. No matter what agendas we have but we are more likely to mingle with each other than with people from other countries.

What am i doing on a Pakistan website?
I am obsessed with Pakistan, i wanna know what separates us that we have turned into greatest haters. It's only the religion man, everything else is same.

The fact tha India is so open to Pak artists is a very proud thing for me, hopefully you guys will also welcome our people over there and let them entertain your people as well. It only brings the two nations closer

FC many indian actors are already performing in Pak daramas especially on GEO......

Well I don't think you have been long enough on this forum to say that we haven't or we don't discuss good things about Pakistan. But even then, people all around the world, like to discuss the hot topics or topics that everyone talks about, regardless of whether it's negative or positive. So you can't just blame the Pakistanis for discussing hot topics. Plus I am sorry I don't see any Indian coming to Pakistani forum to learn good things about Pakistan, I just don't see it.

Unfortunately it is true, a 'negative' thread will get a lot more attention.

This being the internet, people are a lot keener to talk crap rather than be moderate.

I seriously doubt you or anybody else is as 'anti-Indian' in real life.

FC many indian actors are already performing in Pak daramas especially on GEO......

Yea i think Sonu Nigam also did some concerts in Pakistan a while ago. These exchages are all good

As we are talking about only bollywood, as many have already stated, its just the quality and familiarity with the language.

Like we like to watch more hollywood movies than french or korean movies even though they have quality movies too.

Also remember, there are a lot (I say really big percent) south Indians who do not watch bollywood movies nor hindi serials at all as they do not understand Hindi. :) . So Pakistanis watching bollywood is not that they are obsessed with India but they understand Hindi well.

We had a big match in the world cup at Mohali. Hundreds of people came here from Pakistan, all the hotels were booked so a lot of Pak tourists stayed at homes of the local people and they felt like home. I know same things were there when we had samsung cup in 2004 in Pakistan. So many people went there and they all were so happy to be in Pakistan, used to see their adventure on tv everyday.
What we see on youtube video comments and other forums is not the reality as AZ has just pointed out. When Indians and Pakistanis meet,. they don't care about these political agendas. People are usually overwhelmed by the reception they get from the other side.

Last edited:
Hatred for each other is just programmed into our mind from birth, mostly we do just for the sake of it :facepalm:

Hatred for each other is just programmed into our mind from birth, mostly we do just for the sake of it :facepalm:
A lot on school books on both sides also contribute to this. I haven't seen the new books but its time they stop feeding this to children.

A lot on school books on both sides also contribute to this. I haven't seen the new books but its time they stop feeding this to children.

if its stopped then who will be willing to fight from both sides?:malik

if its stopped then who will be willing to fight from both sides?:malik
No one, which is good. :)

I mean its strange that, before our kids know about world geography, they know that India/Pakistan is our main enemy.

Also the Indian independence covered in Indian books is not 100% correct as exclude the effect of WW II on Indian independence.

We just learn how Indians were able to throw the british away but its just not Indian freedom struggle but WW II has a major hand in it too.

To be fair you can count on one hand the number of 'good' Bollywood films made in a year - they churn out so much junk it is ridiculous

Granted Pak films are worse

Why are Pakistanis so obsessed with India?
That is the main reason you see Indian forums full of Pakistani posters where as on Pakistani forums .. specially on PP, we hardly ever see any Indian poster.

I agree but what I meant was that when you start to suffocate an industry (no matter which) by financial means, the industry will explode, only a matter of time.

The tax of a concert in Pakistan is a prime example of how financial gains by goverment & private sector can murder an industry. While Coke Studio shows how aid in financials by private sector & govermental can lead to a boom in a industry.

Look at Real Estate in Dubai in 2001 & how the goverment "created" the boom.

Just to add to this, the reason why Pakistani film industry has struggled can be traced back to Partition (we pretty much had to start from scratch).

During partition, a lot of Hindu+Sikh film distributors fled from the present day Pakistan. They also had the rights to film distribution and consequentially, there was a conflict between Pakistani filmmakers and Indian film distributors. For instance, out of the 144 films that were released in Pakistan after partition, 107 were from Bombay. So, Pakistani filmmakers did not get the required exposure. Also, the largest belt of film viewers (about 70 million viewers!) existed in the Peshawar to Patna region. Across the borders, most kept their allegiance to the films that were being produced out of pre-partition India and the Indian cinema prospered through this huge audience allegiance.

Furthermore, a lot of the Muslim actors stayed back in India and those that did make the journey across, went back after a while. We pretty much had Noorjahan as our main star who decided to stick around and most others who stayed, could not attract the audience to theaters (due to the fact that they were not comparable to the well known names that went back to India after a while).

Also, during Zia-ul Haq's regime, the film industry suffered greatly due to his authoritarian control over the business. There were heavy taxes applied to the film industry at all levels and while filmmakers were struggling to produce films, they were also facing tough competition from other industries such as Bollywood and Hollywood.

This resulted in poor scripted films which often tried to unsuccessfully imitate Bollywood films, and the people were not impressed by the unoriginality. As a result of this combined effect of lack of film distribution rights in the early years (resulting in filmmakers not getting the necessary exposure), lack of government support and strict censorship, heavy taxes, competition from other industries, loss of stars going back to India/choosing to stay behind, and, people having their allegiance rooted in the Indian cinema (before and after partition)-resulted in the steady decline of Pakistani film industry. For instance, in the early 80s, only a few films were released per year in Pakistan until the Sharif and Musharraf era, whereby there was a slight improvement-especially in terms of censorship rules.

After taking a course on Film and Cinema, I have to say that government support matters a lot! If I was to compare the amount of support Bollywood received as compared to Pakistani cinema in the past, the differences will be huge (I can't remember the exact numbers at the moment though). For us, it was pretty much during the presidency of Ayub Khan that our cinema prospered and it is also known as the Golden Years of Pakistani cinema. Most other regimes crippled the advances that were made after Ayub Khan's regime. In fact, the first national film award program was established under his government as well.

Pakistani cinema in general has suffered a lot due to the reasons mentioned above and because of it, I still consider it to be in the infancy stage. With continued government support, our cinema can become prosperous-however, this takes time and people need to have patience (like I said before though, it will be really hard to "win" the public support because of the competitive film industries across the border). On a positive note though, things are improving for us-slowly but surely (we have been collaborating with countries like Nepal, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, etc).

Last edited:
tbh Garuda I dont think anywhere in Indian books, I mean anywhere they mention anything wrong/bad about Pakistan... as a matter of fact to be diplomatically correct, they dont even mention about any of our wars with Pakistan in any of the books till grade 10...after that I left India so can't make a statement.. I remember how our books had legends of Tipu Sultan or Akbar.. I bet if you find anything good written about Hindu rulers in Pakistani books... sad part is most madrassah in Pakistan feed anti-Indian crap...

Unfortunately it is true, a 'negative' thread will get a lot more attention.

This being the internet, people are a lot keener to talk crap rather than be moderate.

I seriously doubt you or anybody else is as 'anti-Indian' in real life.

You don't know me :afridi

^^
Well can't speak for other people's experiences, but I had to learn about the Indian and Pakistani history at school, not to mention the prevailing religions in India as well (like we had to learn about Guru Nanak Dev, Gautama Buddha, etc). We also took a trip to the church once in grade 3 (back in Pakistan). It is not like children are told to hate other religions and countries in Pakistan (at least, not in the school I went to). We also have to learn about the history of other countries, especially if you have to take a History course.

Last edited:
1. Ban Indian movies in Pakistan including video/DVD rentals.
2. Ban Indian TV channels
3. Treat cinemas as an Industry and provide tax benefits
4. Invest in Creative arts technology
5. Build and Fund Drama school and nourish and encourage Theatre/Drama
6. Subsidize Tickets Price.- Make it affordable to families.
7. Provide International exposure of Culture and Tradition via International Film Festivals etc.
8. India - Fuhgeddaboudit!

tbh Garuda I dont think anywhere in Indian books, I mean anywhere they mention anything wrong/bad about Pakistan... as a matter of fact to be diplomatically correct, they dont even mention about any of our wars with Pakistan in any of the books till grade 10...after that I left India so can't make a statement.. I remember how our books had legends of Tipu Sultan or Akbar.. I bet if you find anything good written about Hindu rulers in Pakistani books... sad part is most madrassah in Pakistan feed anti-Indian crap...
No, they do not tell anything wrong about Pakistan but it never tells you the other side of the story.

They can't be anti - muslim as it will be hunted down in India. But if you read it just cover how Jinnah was opposed to the idea of what Gandhi and others were. But doesn't cover why he wanted a separate as there were enough reason for him to think that way. Looking at the situation at that time two nation theory was not a bad idea at all.

So though in Indian books they do not talk bad about Pakistan but do not cover history from both sides. So that leaves to interpretation of children and teacher to imagine Pakistan and Jinnah in their own way.

VM, you seem to know bit about Pakistani film industry. Would you tell us how it was affected after it moved from Karachi to Lahore?

of course absolutely, but they need to produce the goods too.

we as a people indulge the performing arts a lot, lekin cheez bhi to achhi banao.

They are producing goods, we do have good actors such as (Humayon Saeed, Shaan, Faisal Qureshi, Imran Abbas, Javed Sheikh and many many more)!

I was watching Utho Jago Pakistan show last week where Imran Abbas came and I got annoyed because during breaks the song they would play were Indians, they would start talking about Bollywood all of sudden and how good it is etc etc.

So I am completely with OP, our singers are singing songs for Indian movies etc because they have talent and are producing goods over the years so why is that not being utilized in Pakistan?

When we turn on Pakistani Radio Channel why are Indian songs being played and requested? When we see Pakistani channels why are Indian songs being played?

@ Garuda

How true is it that, in India, Pakistan bashing in the political campaigns earns you more points?

@ Garuda

How true is it that, in India, Pakistan bashing in the political campaigns earns you more points?
Not anymore.

It was to some extent in 80s and 90s. Now parties which talk about anti-pakistan or play religion/caste card mostly lose. Shiv Sena, JD(S) are few examples.

Where as congress/BJP are winning. If you look at their election manifesto, you can understand what people are more interested while voting.

this was the last election manifesto from Congress. Except for punishment for Mumbai attackers, there were nothing relating to Pakistan.

http://ibnlive.in.com/news/full-text-congress-manifesto-for-general-elections-09/88510-37-65.html

BJP Manifesto
http://ibnlive.in.com/news/full-text-bjp-manifesto-for-general-elections-2009/89404-37.html

Again same as Congress. Except for the terrorism issue after mumbai, no more rant.

So if you see both these marifesto, its clear that Pakistan topic plays very little role in attracting people's vote.

Last edited:
Itni tension kya leni yaar...:)

my favs from Pakistan.

Atif Aslam
Adnan Sami
Ali Jafar
...etc

Umar Sharif - my fav Bakra kishto par....:D

as many mentioned here it is not an obsession it is the culture and language which is same....etc...:)

but being here on PP ...I learned a lot about Pakistan & Pakistanis in general ....and it cleared many of my perceptions for the same ...:)

Not anymore.

It was to some extent in 80s and 90s. Now parties which talk about anti-pakistan or play religion/caste card mostly lose. Shiv Sena, JD(S) are few examples.

Where as congress/BJP are winning. If you look at their election manifesto, you can understand what people are more interested while voting.

this was the last election manifesto from Congress. Except for punishment for Mumbai attackers, there were nothing relating to Pakistan.

http://ibnlive.in.com/news/full-text-congress-manifesto-for-general-elections-09/88510-37-65.html

BJP Manifesto
http://ibnlive.in.com/news/full-text-bjp-manifesto-for-general-elections-2009/89404-37.html

Again same as Congress. Except for the terrorism issue after mumbai, no more rant.

So if you see both these marifesto, its clear that Pakistan topic plays very little role in attracting people's vote.

Ok well punishment for Mumbai attackers being part of manifesto is understandable.

But on a side note, are the Congress and BJP clear strong political parties? As in, they would win the elections despite not having lived up to expectations? Like PPP and PMLN in Pakistan.

Ok well punishment for Mumbai attackers being part of manifesto is understandable.

But on a side note, are the Congress and BJP clear strong political parties? As in, they would win the elections despite not having lived up to expectations? Like PPP and PMLN in Pakistan.

Well, any party is bound to suffer for wrong doings. Hardly any party fulfill what they promise. For ex - Congress, after so many corruption allegations, I'm sure that they will get lesser seats in next elections. But current situation is very complex. No single party gets majority to form govt. So, even after suffering a lot in next election, Congress may form Govt if the other regional parties winning more seats than usual support Congress. Because recently people concentrate on development issues more than anything else, regional parties are becoming stronger than national party.

BJP seems to be very confused party. They are becoming weaker just like Congress. Reason is simple. They played Hindutva card to win the election. But after that they neither did anything for so called "Hindutva" nor much for development. Because their allies didn't had Hindutva agenda, BJP saw it in difficult position. They tried to leave this issue and now they find themselves nowhere. Only hope for them is to gain on Congress's loss.

Singers, Artists and Athletes should be above politics.

We should learn something from Sir. Milkha Singh.

Milkha Singh had lost his parents at the time of Partition. In 1962, He was invited to run in Pakistan but was unsure due to the events of his childhood. He was persuaded as people were afraid of the political ramifications if he refused on these grounds. He decided to run.

In the race he defeated Abdul Khaliq, the winner of the 100 metres gold at the Tokyo Asian Games, where he was christened the 'The Flying Sikh" by the Pakistani President Ayub Khan.

We have a lot of similarities but tell me can u figure out who is Indian and who is a Pakistani by just looking at the person....I was in Dubai (DIFC) and met a lot of people from Pak (watched Pak / WI highlights with them :) ), their way of talking, mannerisms is very different from ours.....and its not the punjabi effect only...... So may be over the years we will be lot more diff than we are currently

P.S. I know i am digressing, pls cary on with ur discussions if u dont like this post

Hot topics don't get people talking about them. People talk and thus make topics hot. What you talk about directly reflects your own taste and interests.

He is right. Why do the threads about positives in Pakistan always get less replies than threads bout negatives in Pakistan?

I can always tell whether a person is Pakistani or Indian.

so this talk of being same, looking same is crap

Pakistan obsessing with India is starting to become myth, or at least from what i have observed, last three years of Ramadan that have attracted Muslim brothers and sisters, including Revert Muslims back to Islam, and hence, the obsession with Islam is getting stronger and stronger, Alhamdulillah!

Beside, Pakistan is very fondly of Bollywood that doesn't necessarily describe the obsession, as in more of appreciating the art of Bollywood, as the whole world is drawn more towards to Hollywood and China Movie Industry. Giving the relationship between India and China, yet the Chinese movies referring Kung fu, warriors...etc, are very popular in India as well.

But the relationship between India and Pakistan will never improve as long as Kashmir situation remains unresolved, and it doesn't help from what we have observed, what is happening in Kashmir especially our brothers and sisters. Because of what is happening in Kashmir, will have emotional effects on us meaning both Indian and Pakistani Muslim including Afghanistan and rest of Muslim countries as well, as much as Mumbai incident has angrily affected to India.

What worries me the most that they have developed very unhealthy habit, meaning ignoring Mumbai incident happening almost everyday in Kashmir. Do they not love humanity? Do they not have feeling for Indian Muslim in India?

Pakistan media is PRO India, PRO USA, and most of times, it's good, but sometimes, it isn't. We have to remember hatred is very seriously Haraam. We should never ever hate India, but it's understandable why Pakistan may have very ill feeling towards India after what has happened in Gujarat, several similar genocide including Kashmir which has become very unbearable pain to stomach.

But Indian media hasn't helped so far, and with so heavily portraying of Pakistan so negative influence, and the hatred of Pakistan Indian media continue to feed, will have or already started to have huge effects on Indian audience.

I have some Indian friends, and they are very good friends, and one of them is member of PakPassion. He shows great respect for my religion and my nation, as he and i are outgrown the brainwashed of political and emotional feeling that kept us from wanting to seek the truth, and clear any misunderstanding what both parties may have towards each other.

It's clear why Indian media needs to be controlled properly. The hatred Indian media feed that does play bigger role of unhealthy relationship between Pakistan and India, and Indian political leaders take that advantage and play it their own advantage for their parties which result is even far worse scenarios we have witnessed so far.

Therefore, it's important why Kashmir situation must be resolved, and both Pakistan and Indian media should start promoting the friendship and the friendly message which will easily the any ill feeling both parties that have each other. Pakistan media, for some reasons is already PRO India, but i hope to see Indian media display PRO Pakistani pretty soon. It's good to see some Indian Muslim actors like Salman Khan, Shahrukh Khan and Amir Khan, and their efforts of trying building the good relationship with Pakistan is very rewarding itself.

Quite true. Hatred never has any proper reasons either. The installation goes on and on from our ancestors. Both sides are weak at it.

I don't think this is a Pakistan love India issue. The issue is much more generic.

Why do some Pakistani's love tupac?

Why do some black youth love Eminem?

Why do English girls love Rihanna (UK - USA)

Why do the British prefer Hollywood films over British film?

Hopefully my point has been understood. Bollywood are superb at promoting and marketing their films, celebrities and products. Naturally people will have an obsession just like many Pakistani's do.

There is never such hoo ha when Brits or Pakistani's prefer hollywood over their own nation's films or prefer American films.

If Pakistan ever in our lifetime manages a good entertainment industry then we will start foloowing our own. We almost achieved in music during the late 90's and start of the millenium with our rock music. It became cool to listen to this music over clown like music by Anu Malik. The pakistani scene does not seem as big now but it has led to influencing Indian music for the better.

That is the main reason you see Indian forums full of Pakistani posters where as on Pakistani forums .. specially on PP, we hardly ever see any Indian poster.

There are more Indians than Pakistanis and the fraction of Indians who are online on computers for considerable period is also more than the fraction of Pakistanis.

In fact, even on PP, most members are Pakistanis from overseas, whereas, on an Indian forum, you'd find that most Indian posters are from India.

So, a higher number/fraction of Indian posters in Pakistani cricket forum than Pakistani posters in Indian forums doesn't necessarily imply that Indians are more "obsessed" about Pakistan than the other way round.

Nothing wrong with a bit of Tupac lovin' Waq. :fawad

In relation to this thread .. it's because Lollywood is terrible.

Nothing wrong with a bit of Tupac lovin' Waq. :fawad

In relation to this thread .. it's because Lollywood is terrible.

I can't believe I once listened to that rubbish. Still got the all eyes on me album out not played it in over a decade.

I can see how it appeals to the poor black youth living in the bronx but not my old school friend Jeremy who lived in leafy Hertforshire, UK.

Coming back to bollywood - it is no different to how some obsess with hollywood.

money talks and matters to be frank... you will be amazed at the things ppl will do for it... nationalism/religion/culture/etc is a thing of the past...

Because as much as Pakistani's try and make it look like they hate India and consider it to be inferior, deep down they are actually quite envious.

For last 15 years or so, no party has ever won pure majority. Neither BJP nor Congress.

So they have to have alliances with other small and regional parties. So no party can have their own agenda and work on that.

They have to come up with a common minimum program and have to work as per that.

This is one of the reason why BJP or Congress can just do what they want.

And about winning without doing as promised : Well they have to do certain things to win next election.

Things that affect elections mostly are

1. Inflation
2. If the rulling party had many curruption charges
3. Major impact if rural voters felt against any party (Remember BJP lost after India shining campaign ?).
4. Othre regional issues (like TMC won against communist due to Singur/Tata project issue)
5. Projected leader also makes some impact.

If one party manages these 5 and has the minority votes with it, it will most probably win.

Its good as well as bad too. :)

Last edited:
Because as much as Pakistani's try and make it look like they hate India and consider it to be inferior, deep down they are actually quite envious.

ok so dats a nice post - dont be jealous .. go get things done :)

Hahaha...I remember that song which got popular before 2003 WC, I think. Or was it 1999?

Very weird video.

Some songs that were not really composed for cricket but sound great when played in Indian cricket stadiums are "Baar Baar Haan" from Lagaan and "Chak De India". They bring the crowd to their feet.

Gaana acha tha. Video ajeeb tha.

IMO, videos with clips from the game look better. Also, this was too goody goody to be an inspiring song.

Gaana acha tha. Video ajeeb tha.

IMO, videos with clips from the game look better. Also, this was too goody goody to be an inspiring song.
It was still better than 'Humko to hai pura yakeen' for the same world cup :facepalm:

Back