Why can't Bangladesh beat Pakistan?

Energetic

First Class Captain
Runs
Bangladesh seem to struggle against Pakistan compared to any other team despite coming so close on many occasions like the Multan test in 03 and Asia Cup Final in 12, still they somehow blew it.

Is it a mental thing?, Pakistan takes Bangladesh seriously compared to any other team?, history of the 2 countries?, combination? or whatever?

Will Bangladesh beat Pakistan in near future?

Before you mention 99 world cup win, I doubt Bangladesh actually won it on their own and can rule that out.

Bangladesh will beat Pakistan consistently for the next few years, you have some brilliant batting talent coming through.

Just get a feeling that bangla can beat us if we play today !

Bangladesh has some really good youngsters inducted atm and more importantly are performing well !

Because they are mentally weak against Pakistan, just as other teams have mental blocks against others.

Just get a feeling that bangla can beat us if we play today !

Bangladesh has some really good youngsters inducted atm and more importantly are performing well !

As long as we have 2 "minnow-basher" beasts :hafeez :afridi ... dont even think about it

Bangladesh will beat Pakistan consistently for the next few years, you have some brilliant batting talent coming through.

Our world class bowling attack will sort out banglas talented batsmen.

This is an interesting question

Its identical to why Pakistan can't beat India in World Cups. Ever since that "Flukish" win in 1999, Bangladesh have come perilously close to beating Pakistan several times but went to lose, not because of Pakistan's ability but because of OUR INEPTNESS. Now everytime we come in a winning position, a shadow of doubt hovers around Bangladeshi players: "Are we gonna bottle it up again"?

The only solution to this problem is if we manage to win just 1 match, and then we can hope to win regularly. Pakistan are still the better team by a good margin so the claims of BD being favourites for a 5 match ODI series is not justified. Its like that the series will end up as 3-2 or 4-1 in Pakistan's favour. Now home advantage is useless in this case because both Pakistan and Bangldesh are decent on spin friendly conditions, but mediocre overseas.

However, with Pakistan's decline and Bangladesh's rise we may see Pakistan VS Bangladesh being competitive in the future.

Our world class bowling attack will sort out banglas talented batsmen.
Your attack is over rated, once under fire it disappears :kohli

And even if they do fire Bangladesh will still score 220+, which at the moment is too much for Pakistan to chase.

Last edited:
As long as we have 2 "minnow-basher" beasts :hafeez :afridi ... dont even think about it

Wonder what both of their stats are against Bangladesh

I remember Afridi scoring a century against us in 2010, with just 70 balls.

Wonder what both of their stats are against Bangladesh

I remember Afridi scoring a century against us in 2010, with just 70 balls.

Not just that, you also choke against us when you sense a victory.

That test in 2003, 2012 Asia Cup final, 2010 and 2012 World T20s.

Not just that, you also choke against us when you sense a victory.

That test in 2003, 2012 Asia Cup final, 2010 and 2012 World T20s.

check my last post.

We choke like SA, only worse because we choke regulalary. SA choke in the qualifiers

Its identical to why Pakistan can't beat India in World Cups. Ever since that "Flukish" win in 1999, Bangladesh have come perilously close to beating Pakistan several times but went to lose, not because of Pakistan's ability but because of OUR INEPTNESS. Now everytime we come in a winning position, a shadow of doubt hovers around Bangladeshi players: "Are we gonna bottle it up again"?

The only solution to this problem is if we manage to win just 1 match, and then we can hope to win regularly. Pakistan are still the better team by a good margin so the claims of BD being favourites for a 5 match ODI series is not justified. Its like that the series will end up as 3-2 or 4-1 in Pakistan's favour. Now home advantage is useless in this case because both Pakistan and Bangldesh are decent on spin friendly conditions, but mediocre overseas.

However, with Pakistan's decline and Bangladesh's rise we may see Pakistan VS Bangladesh being competitive in the future.

Who claimed it? People are saying you might nick a win/ 2 not the series...

And even if they do fire Bangladesh will still score 220+, which at the moment is too much for Pakistan to chase.

And the irony is that our attack doesn't come under fire too many times. :91:

Pakistan's bowling is definitely overrated but I don't agree with the "disappear when challenged" part.

Bengali batsman can barely handle the pace of aizaz cheema, so will struggle against wahab and irfan, another reason why bangla can't beat Wi at home in test they simply can't handle genuine pace.

How can an attack be considered world class if it disappears when challenged?

Just a reality check.

Pakistan's bowling is definitely overrated but I don't agree with the "disappear when challenged" part.

@Kiwi:-There comes your answer. Our bowling is over-rated,sure but it doesn't disappear when challenged. Unless you are jumping on conclusions after a couple of matches.

And just a couple of days back,our bowling came good when it was challenged by SA in the 1st T20.

Reality check for you.:asif

@Kiwi:-There comes your answer. Our bowling is over-rated,sure but it doesn't disappear when challenged. Unless you are jumping on conclusions after a couple of matches.

And just a couple of days back,our bowling came good when it was challenged by SA in the 1st T20.

Reality check for you.:asif
SA aren't great either, they're a notch or two below India, Australia and England.

Huge mental block.

I don't think it has much to do with 1971. Majority of Bangladeshis support Pakistan team unless they are playing against us.

As mentioned above, the same reason that South Africa never manages to win the world cup regardless of how their team is loaded with top performers, and how Pakistan loses to India in World Cup matches even though Pakistan have the upper hand against India in all matches played so far.

Pakistans bowling is over rated? They have the best all round bowling skills.

We are not talented enough, we need fast bowlers, Pakistan struggles against quality fast bowlers or trundlers who can swing the ball, we have none. Also our batsmen struggle against pace, Pakistan have world class fast bowlers, :irfan alone will pick up a sixfer, his height will intimidate our midgets.

We are lucky not playing Pakistan, I'll be happy facing Pakistan whem lamboo is injured.

I genuinely believe Pakistan fans hype up their bowlers to cover for their batsmen's deficiencies just to make themselves feel better. The current lot aside from Ajmal are very average for Pakistani standards.

Last edited:
May I ask why this is? Genuinely curious.

I thought it would have been obvious? Let me make it clear for you

:moyo :amla

Yes it could be that they are muslims but its not always the case.

One of my uncle has lost 2 of his siblings during 1971. He hates the Pakistan team. His brother, my other uncle, loves the Pakistan team. Each one with their own preferences.

I started watching cricket because of Akhtar. Pakistan has always been a personal favourite.

We are not talented enough, we need fast bowlers, Pakistan struggles against quality fast bowlers or trundlers who can swing the ball, we have none. Also our batsmen struggle against pace, Pakistan have world class fast bowlers, :irfan alone will pick up a sixfer, his height will intimidate our midgets.

We are lucky not playing Pakistan, I'll be happy facing Pakistan whem lamboo is injured.

Lamboo is injured now!

Is the thread starter a B'deshi?

He seems to be one of those posters who acts like a Pakitani when Pakistan is winning and Bangladesh are losing.

But when it comes to Pakistan losing regularly and Bangladesh winning, it appears as if he is a bangladeshi.

Apparently, he seems to follow BD quite well, so he is probably a Bangladeshi

He seems to be one of those posters who acts like a Pakitani when Pakistan is winning and Bangladesh are losing.

But when it comes to Pakistan losing regularly and Bangladesh winning, it appears as if he is a bangladeshi.

Apparently, he seems to follow BD quite well, so he is probably a Bangladeshi

well he is far from a Pakistani. Just started a thread to diss aging players of Pakistan. As usual, his bogus stats were exposed so he ran away :amir

Just another Bangladeshi troll !

Bhuahahahahqha... irfan. Ajmal. Junaid and hafeez will murder the so called bangla youngsta beauties. Some peeps really living in dreamland.

Its true that a lot of Bangladeshis here seems to be overly fond of Pakistan.

I remember attending a match in Chittagong, where Bangladesh lost while chasing 175 thanks to some Pakistani style collapse(40-1 to 65-6). When I came out of the stadium, there were a group of Bangladeshis who were like "Pakistan Jindabaad". My blood began to boil at that moment. Whether its Pakistan or not, why do these people have to chant "Pakistan Pakistan" when they have no relation with Pakistan. Its not like Pakistan have helped us in anyway and one should not forget what Pakistan army(and not you pakistan citizens) did to us in 1971.

However, these people are a majority. Like 10sion said, there are lot of people who held a grudge against Pakistan owing to the war in 1971. My family did not suffer from any casualties in that war so as expected I have nothing against ordinary Pakistan people. But I do hate when people of my own nationality, those who grew up on Bangladeshi soil, drinking water from its rivers think from the bottom of their heart that they are "Pakistanis".

So basically, in the same country, we have both Pakistan lovers and Pakistan haters.

^ But PAK gets a lot of support in B'desh esp during last years Asia cup match between IND-PAK (Kohli 183 one) ..... IND was getting support but PAK's was louder :|

In ODIs they can, but their test bowling is too weak, inorder to win tests you should have a good bowling atack

^ But PAK gets a lot of support in B'desh esp during last years Asia cup match between IND-PAK (Kohli 183 one) ..... IND was getting support but PAK's was louder :|

Let me make it clear

A lot of Bangladeshis seem to consider Pakistan team their homeland, and Pakistan their cricket team. There are also people who hate Pakistan from the bottom of their heart.

In the case of India, there really is not any sort of hatred or fondness towards India. Those who went to the stadium where mostly "Pakistan lovers", rather than "Haters". Arranging a ticket and attending a 50 over match is difficult so only those who are really into watching that matcch(for Pakistan) would prefer to watch it.

To add, Pakistan beating India by a good margin would have been useful in our case because then Bangladesh cuold sneak into the final despite losing to SL by a small margin. However, at the end of the day, India beating Pakistan without a bonus point was actually better in my honest opinion. That actually meant that Srilanka had no chance of qualifying to the finals so SL did not play the last match, and Bangladesh were focused only on one thing "Beat SL or die".

In ODIs they can, but their test bowling is too weak, inorder to win tests you should have a good bowling atack

Agree about this part.

Our bowling attack in ODIs is quite decent IMO. Razzaq, Gazi, Sakib, Mashrafe are decent LOI bowlers. Even Rubel destroyed the Kiwis in an ODI match LOL. But our bowling attack lacks variation in the test format. ODIs are won by which team scores more in the fixed 50 overs, in tests, the most important thing is about which team can take 20 wickets.

Well obviously my statements are not accurate, because you can win even without batting 50 overs, and in tests a team can lose 20 wickets yet go on to win games given that they are batting first(and get the chasing side allout). Sometimes, you dont even need to take 20 wickets to win a match given that the opposition captain declared at one point of time.

No its not a mental thing. BD brings the best out of Pakistan. They play out of their skin. I remember when BD was at the threshold of winning the Multan test their media started saying things like it will be second bigger victory over pak after 1971. Now that was enough for pak and since then they play and try to win against em as if their lives depend upon it.

No its not a mental thing. BD brings the best out of Pakistan. They play out of their skin. I remember when BD was at the threshold of winning the Multan test their media started saying things like it will be second bigger victory over pak after 1971. Now that was enough for pak and since then they play and try to win against em as if their lives depend upon it.

Sorry but I have to disagree.

the 1971 war has nothing to do with the cricketers so I dont understand how you came to the conclusion. No matter how unprofessional a cricket team is, they never really tend to bring up historic events into their mind, as long as it has nothing to do with cricket.

They can't beat any big team barring flukes away from home:

Away for Bangladesh:

Against England last 10 years

W1 Lost 6

Against Aus:

W1 Lost 6

Against SA:

W1 L3

Against SL:

W1 L13

India
W 1 L3

All venues away from Home for Bang against proper teams. Against Pak only ZERO wins last 10 yrs

They have talent, but need class bowlers. Our bowling would destroy them.

Last edited:
They can't beat any big team barring flukes away from home:

Away for Bangladesh:

Against England last 10 years

W1 Lost 6

Against Aus:

W1 Lost 6

Against SA:

W1 L3

Against SL:

W1 L13

India
W 1 L3

All venues away from Home for Bang against proper teams. Against Pak only ZERO wins last 10 yrs

They have talent, but need class bowlers. Our bowling would destroy them.

The problem is that we have barely played too many matches overseas in the last 2 years. We would do better in recent times

If Bangla can beat India that too in Asia Cup,
they might be able to pull off one match win against Pak.

But not a series victory :)

^ True.

Executioner, You'd still scrape 5-1 or 4-2 on the losing side away from home. The amount of times you have played away while rarely but still has been awful.

You would win a few at home, no doubt really. However thinking you'd win away from home against established sides is a bit premature. For all of Pakistan's patheticness we still reduce top batting sides to 200 mostly, Bangladesh would not last more than 150 runs.

However who knows. I would like to see your team play regularly away from home, the country breathers cricket and they should be given the chance to develop as a team

Last edited:
Sorry but I have to disagree.

the 1971 war has nothing to do with the cricketers so I dont understand how you came to the conclusion. No matter how unprofessional a cricket team is, they never really tend to bring up historic events into their mind, as long as it has nothing to do with cricket.

Absolutely, that's why I was amazed when BD media started saying such stuff at the eve of the penultimate day of Multan test. My father remained as a POW of 71 war and has some fond memories of places like cox bazar,Dhaka, sylhet, Khulna. He still says that in his heart BD is still east Pakistan.

Its more of fan following than team following. Majority have grown up watching Imran/Wasim/Waqar etc. Ask any bangladeshi who their favourite batsmen is and they will tell Sochin. Majority of Bangladeshi love watching Afridi. The only time my mom sat to watch cricket was when Afridi used to come to bat. So she didn't learn anything about cricket thanks to the time he spends on crease :p

Erm because Bangladesh are a minnow?

Produce average batsmen and pathetic bowlers.

Afghanistan have more potential and they will surpass Bangladesh once they secure test status.

This man is a Moderator on a Pakistani forum.

Disgraceful

This man is a Moderator on a Pakistani forum.

Disgraceful

What does me being a moderator have anything to do with my opinion? My point is valid, its better to face reality rather than live in a self created illusion where everything is fine and perfect.

Last edited:

Kiwi, is this you? A post this ridiculous can only come from one source.

In response to the OP, they have never been good enough.

What does me being a moderator have anything to do with my opinion? My point is valid, its better to face reality rather than live in a self created illusion where everything is fine and perfect.

and basis of that point is that SA couldnt chase 209 against us? hmmm :waqar

They are however, a much better team than New Zealand at the moment, despite what some cocky, delusional Kiwi supporters were claiming a few months ago.

Kiwi, is this you? A post this ridiculous can only come from one source.

In response to the OP, they have never been good enough.

This isn't the same Bangladesh side nor is it the same Pakistan side. Bangladesh shouldn't be treated like minnows they're a decent side who have beaten some of the best teams in the world (not referring to nz).

Last edited:

The last line defines you perfectly.

A Pakistani website and we have a troll for a Moderator who's having verbal Diarrhea about Pakistan in every thread.

A massive disgrace. I used to get confused why you have zero respect on this forum, now all questions have been answered.

In Asia we have probably the best bowling attack in world cricket. No side can score highly against us ( exceptions of course but in general), even the might Indians were humbled by our attack and South Africa found it tough to score but our batsmen flopped.

So if the Saffers and Indians found it difficult what chance do Bangladesh have?

Also their bowlers are only good against low level non-Asian teams like New Zealand. Any other team will take their bowlers to the cleaners.

Its not even a contest.

This isn't the same Bangladesh side nor is it the same Pakistan side. Bangladesh shouldn't be treated like minnows they're a decent side who have beaten some of the best teams in the world (not referring to nz).

Who have they beaten?

Who have they beaten?
A strong Indian team in the Asia cup but the thing is they've now added some very talented batsmen to their line up who are fearless and willing to play there shots. This is the kind of attitude you need to succeed in ODIs today and the attitude the Pakistani batsmen desperately need.

Last edited:

Lol! They are still minnows and will be put to the sword by non-minnows all the time, barring a miracle.

We're a top four side, show some respect. :kohli

Lol! They are still minnows and will be put to the sword by non-minnows all the time, barring a miracle.

We're a top four side, show some respect. :kohli

I was just like you once then I actually watched Bangladesh play.

A strong Indian team in the Asia cup but the thing is they've now added some very talented batsmen to theit line up who are fearless and willing to play there shots. This is the kind of attitude you need to succeed in ODIs today and the attitude the Pakistani batsmen desperately need.

Ajmal, Junaid and Irfan should feast on them and Hafeez will score the first 200 by a non-Indian.

A strong Indian team in the Asia cup but the thing is they've now added some very talented batsmen to theit line up who are fearless and willing to play there shots. This is the kind of attitude you need to succeed in ODIs today and the attitude the Pakistani batsmen desperately need.

We will bump this thread when that attitude brings Bangladesh success, I hope its soon but I reckon October 27 2035 will be when we might see a Bangladesh team that wins.

I'm just stating my opinion theres no need to bash NZ. Bangladesh are a promising side there is no denying that.

We will bump this thread when that attitude brings Bangladesh success, I hope its soon but I reckon October 27 2035 will be when we might see a Bangladesh team that wins.

I remember they came with that 'aggressive' attitude against WI in WC 2011 and were bundled out for 80 odd runs.

They proceeded the aggression by pelting stones on West Indies team bus, very aggressive indeed :zia

I remember they came with that 'aggressive' attitude against WI in WC 2011 and were bundled out for 80 odd runs.

They proceeded the aggression by pelting stones on West Indies team bus, very aggressive indeed :zia

India were knocked out in the first round in 2007. Point is things don't remain constant over time they tend to change both Pakistan and Bangladesh have changed, one for the better the other for the worse. I've been guilty of disrespecting Bangladesh before mainly because I've only seen them play a few times and that too was years ago when they were well and truly minnows, but the Bangladeshi team that just recently defeated us in the ODI series and drew with us in the Tests was top notch what was even more impressive was these guys were all new kids! The fact is Bangladesh deserve some respect, they've done extremely well despite the limited opportunities they've gotten to really develop.

Last edited:

I'm just stating my opinion theres no need to bash NZ. Bangladesh are a promising side there is no denying that.

You're first post in this thread is ridiculous which is why people are attacking you. The Banglas maybe be promising but to say that they'll start beating top teams without any evidence to back that up is lame.

Or when their prime minister ran away after the Asia cup final when none other than Aizaz Cheema's death bowling meant that they lost once again. She was supposed to present the winners with the trophy but decided that only Bangladesh could be the winners.

No need to bring the fans into it. Although it was pathetic to stone the bus their fans get behind the team vociferously and have given us a good reception too.

You're first post in this thread is ridiculous which is why people are attacking you. The Banglas maybe be promising but to say that they'll start beating top teams without any evidence to back that up is lame.
Bangladesh will beat quite a few teams, not just Pakistan they will definitely surpass us now all they need is some more cricket and one fast bowler!

Last edited:
It may sound stupid but they remind me a bit of India's batsmen...

Bangladesh hold your heads high you have some special youngsters who will be great servants for Bangladesh cricket :)

Last edited:
Back