Why do West Indian and Pakistani players play in so many leagues around the world?

Runs
while Indian players play only IPL and Australia and RSA players play only big leagues all around the Globe, so why westindies and pakistani big players play little leagues like BPL etc, by the way Westindies T20 players are better than most international teams, Any Reasons???

Biggest payday is IPL. Dwarfs all others. So they play a lot more to try to maximize earnings.

Tanvir, Afridi, M Sami, etc are done and dusted players from Pakistan with little or no future in international cricket. So, they play in leagues all over the world.

As for West Indians, this is a way of earning some good money since their board does not pay them as well.

Indians, from what I've heard, are not allowed by BCCI to play in t20 leagues other than those in India.

Money mostly. Their Boards don't pay them much compared to others.

Also I guess a lot of players from both countries are more suited to 20 over cricket rather than other formats.

Money and talent. I would think the fringe lankans and Bangladeshis would also like to play for a lot of leagues but they aren't invited.

Back