Will India participate in the ICC Champions Trophy 2025 to be held in Pakistan?

Will India participate in the Champions Trophy 2025 to be held in Pakistan?

• Total voters

BouncerGuy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Runs
Indian Foreign Minister Subrahmanyam Jaishankar’s visit to Pakistan for the SCO summit raises hopes of improving relations between the two countries. This visit also sparks questions about whether India will take part in the ICC Champions Trophy 2025, which is set to be held in Pakistan. India hasn’t toured Pakistan for years due to political tensions and security concerns, but this visit could open up possibilities for future discussions.

While the foreign minister’s visit is a positive step, it remains too early to definitively say whether India will participate in the 2025 Champions Trophy in Pakistan. The coming months will likely provide more clarity as diplomatic, security, and sporting considerations are weighed.

I think we are giving this visit way too importance .

Last year Pakistan's Foreign Minister Bilawal Bhutto Zardari was came for the Meeting of the SCO Council of Foreign Ministers in Goa

Last year Pakistan's Foreign Minister Bilawal Bhutto Zardari was came for the Meeting of the SCO Council of Foreign Ministers in Goa
Small steps brother. Small steps do matter. Pak minister going to India is not that big of a thing but the vice versa is.

It might be more significant.

India has always been open to hosting Pakistan. India hosted Pakistan at the World Cup, so the Pakistani foreign minister going to India was in line with that.

However, the Indian minister coming to Pakistan is quite different and interesting. Might mean nothing depending on the statements they release at the meeting itself. If it's hostile then of course that's the end of that.

I agree.

It's not too significant a visit.

If he was coming during a bilateral visit then yeah it would be.

But this is just the foreign minister equivalent of India facing Pakistan in an ICC trophy lol.

It might be more significant.

India has always been open to hosting Pakistan. India hosted Pakistan at the World Cup, so the Pakistani foreign minister going to India was in line with that.

However, the Indian minister coming to Pakistan is quite different and interesting. Might mean nothing depending on the statements they release at the meeting itself. If it's hostile then of course that's the end of that.
I agree.

It's not too significant a visit.

If he was coming during a bilateral visit then yeah it would be.

But this is just the foreign minister equivalent of India facing Pakistan in an ICC trophy lol.

If Jaishankar hold the bilateral metting with Pakistani counterpart on the sidelines then it will be significant developments and indian team chance increase by 50%

If no bilateral metting between them then chance are very minimal .

Based on recent track records, India are unlikely to come.

But, never say never.

I think India should come because other teams have no issues.

As a cricket fan, i hope they go. It will be great for cricket and will really make the tournament a hit regardless of who wins eventually.

Last edited by a moderator:
no solid reason to deny this tour as all other teams are coming without any issue.

Pakistan’s stance should be clear. Either come to Pakistan or opt out of the tournament.

If ICC is unwilling to have the tournament without its father, they are free to take away hosting rights from Pakistan give it to another country.

Pakistan should have no issues playing in the CT hosted by another board as long as it’s not India.

Sometimes, you have to prove a point even if you don’t gain anything out of it. Pakistan cricket will gain a lot financially from hosting the CT even in a hybrid model but it will not die without it.

The financial prosperity of PCB doesn’t depend on hosting the CT so therefore they should not budge even if costs them hosting rights.

Pakistan’s stance should be clear. Either come to Pakistan or opt out of the tournament.

If ICC is unwilling to have the tournament without its father, they are free to take away hosting rights from Pakistan give it to another country.

Pakistan should have no issues playing in the CT hosted by another board as long as it’s not India.

Sometimes, you have to prove a point even if you don’t gain anything out of it. Pakistan cricket will gain a lot financially from hosting the CT even in a hybrid model but it will not die without it.

The financial prosperity of PCB doesn’t depend on hosting the CT so therefore they should not budge even if costs them hosting rights.
Fair enough. But the issue is PCB doesnt have the spine that you have and when push comes to shove , will simply bend over backwards to accommodate the BCCI / ICC. Have seen that repeat again and again with WC 2023, asia cup 23 etc etc. Would you disagree with that ?

Pakistan should go ahead and host it even if india doesn't want to come. It has become an yearly circus and boring discussions which spans multiple pages. Neither India nor Pak will lose cease to exist as a cricket team by participating or participating in this tournament

Indian Foreign Minister Subrahmanyam Jaishankar’s visit to Pakistan for the SCO summit raises hopes of improving relations between the two countries. This visit also sparks questions about whether India will take part in the ICC Champions Trophy 2025, which is set to be held in Pakistan. India hasn’t toured Pakistan for years due to political tensions and security concerns, but this visit could open up possibilities for future discussions.

While the foreign minister’s visit is a positive step, it remains too early to definitively say whether India will participate in the 2025 Champions Trophy in Pakistan. The coming months will likely provide more clarity as diplomatic, security, and sporting considerations are weighed.
Nothing wrong with being cautiously optimistic , yes, I think Jaishankar visit is a good sign and I have a feeling India will come to Pakistan for CT.

Either play in Pak or boycott, I guess too much importance is being given for this, not a big deal if IND skips this, BCCI should be taught a lesson.

India is not that important in the scheme of things for Pakistan cricket getting to host an ICC tournament.
Go ahead without hosting us and move on.

It will likely be a hybrid model. I am guessing there are some backdoor discussions regarding it between diplomats

I dont even get it. Icc needs to start standing up to bcci.

Pakistan stadiums are horrible but take a bloody stance? Either Pakistan or no Pakistan.

And it should be Icc's own decison. Not because bcci is whining and complaining.

If it's in pak, then say bye bye to india, but if it isn't because karachi nonsense is being used as an excuse then go for it

I dont even get it. Icc needs to start standing up to bcci.

Pakistan stadiums are horrible but take a bloody stance? Either Pakistan or no Pakistan.

And it should be Icc's own decison. Not because bcci is whining and complaining.

If it's in pak, then say bye bye to india, but if it isn't because karachi nonsense is being used as an excuse then go for it

There are implications of no Indian team at the CT.

ICC CHAMPIONS TROPHY FINAL COULD BE IN DUBAI...!!!!
🏆
- Two venues could be prepared for the CT final as if India qualifies into the final then Dubai could host orelse Lahore will host the final. [The Telegraph]

Please do it for once if they have guts :ssmith

Then momin will pay the bills so no problem .
Why are you in favour of not coming to pakistan? If anything you should be marching on for equality and justice.

India not coming to pakistan proves that this team is a crybaby and so is the government.

They can easily come into pakistan and humilate them in their own den and bring them the ultimate humiliation by taking their cup. They have the skills to do so magar nahi.

Zid pei zid.

If you had read my post then you would have not say this .

My position was clear that india should go but we have to understand the reality now .

India is most likely not send the team so we can't do anything.

Btw Only way australia can win if India boycott CT .

So good suggestions by you . :ssmith

If you had read my post then you would have not say this .

My position was clear that india should go but we have to understand the reality now .

India is most likely not send the team so we can't do anything.

Btw Only way australia can win if India boycott CT .

So good suggestions by you . :ssmith
Why would I be afraid of a team I already booted out in their own den?

Talk about recently concluded ICC tournament which India already won .

Jinx is broken so india is going to destroy every team now. :kp
I hope you do. Genuinely I pray and wish the best for the indian nation.

As the saying goes, it's better to have a loyal enemy then a fake friend. Because the loyal enemy will throw you into a bus while facing you while a fake friend will stab you in the back.

I choose you to dismember you and your team while throwing you infront of a bus.

they are keep suggesting it from day 1 but i dont think ICC going to accept it as no other country has any issue travelling to Pakistan.
Telegraph has already reported that alternate venues (Dubai) are already being considered for all India matches and 1 SF and final if India make it that far.

So ICC are already preparing.

India should play in Pakistan as its in ICC event and maybe should send a security team beforehand to check the status if they want.

Not playing bilateral cricket is okay

they are keep suggesting it from day 1 but i dont think ICC going to accept it as no other country has any issue travelling to Pakistan.
I agree with this. India should play Pakistan there , after all India and Pakistan have played each other before also , why dilute such a big tournament , specially when OD format is unders pressure.

This is not an important tournament; safety comes first. Personally, I don't want our team to travel to Pakistan. It's better to take some rest, play domestic cricket, and prepare for the WTC rather than playing in Pakistan like prisoners under presidential-level security. I wish the PCB all the best and hope they can successfully continue the tournament without India.

It's too risky for indian team , security is handled by pakistan Miltary which is currently under intense pressure due to IK saga. They will try to find release point and nothing is better than ratching up india fear. There is high chance of attack on our indian team and as our Indian government start to react ,here come pakistan people champion and saviour Miltary abd defend them and all will fall in line and back to pre IK era.

They should. Presenting a decade-old terrors act as an excuse for today is not good.

Why is it too risky for India???

They should. Presenting a decade-old terrors act as an excuse for today is not good.

We must learn from history and that too in dealing with your Establishment as they will do anything to be popular among ur people and nothing makes them more popular than above scenario.
They are willing put their own people down to maintain their power grip and do you think they will care for Indian team .They will easily sacrifice them and put this on non state actors .

We must learn from history and that too in dealing with your Establishment as they will do anything to be popular among ur people and nothing makes them more popular than above scenario.
They are willing put their own people down to maintain their power grip and do you think they will care for Indian team .They will easily sacrifice them and put this on non state actors .
lol, this is completely absurd and implausible. The “establishment” would become even more unpopular if they put a hit out on the Indian team, as ridiculous as that sounds. Jayshankar is coming, if they wanted to take someone out it would be him based on your absurd logic.

Blasts in Karachi, National Capital under lockdown, frequent terror attacks in Balochistan, KP having its terror and Taliban issues.
All these aside, its a Sovereign choice a nation's govt. to decide on participation of its national teams. Its not like Pakistan doesnt boycott sports events based on politics. Let me know when Pakistan plays against Israel in some sports.

lol, this is completely absurd and implausible. The “establishment” would become even more unpopular if they put a hit out on the Indian team, as ridiculous as that sounds. Jayshankar is coming, if they wanted to take someone out it would be him based on your absurd logic.
With that logic, Indian cricket Team can be target of both PTI and establishment or the TTP for the poltiical blame game. We cant risk lives of our players for your domestic political games.

As for Jaishankar, He will be surrounded by other govt heads too. So its safer to the call for one person compared to a cricket team who will be exposed to tens of thousands in an open ground.

Let me know when Pakistan plays against Israel in some sports.
this decision is based on a principled stance against Israeli occupation and human rights abuses, which is a widely-held position in the Muslim world.

Let me know what occupation Pakistan has that India is having such stance??

this decision is based on a principled stance against Israeli occupation and human rights abuses, which is a widely-held position in the Muslim world.

Let me know what occupation Pakistan has that India is having such stance??
Pak occupied Kashmir since 1948.
Harboring Terrorists of various attacks on Indian cities.
Extradite Hafeez Saeed, it might mend some wounds.

Nay, any thing against india will make them super popular, in past there is many examples in even bigger stage than current.
As for Jayshankar, it's for SCO ,do u think in current condition pakistan will anger their only money lender.

Pakistan has the same views about India that they have occupied Kashmir. IOK You know???
Its a difference in Perspective but Pakistan doesn't seem to be trying to mend fences when you roll out official red carpet to fugitives of India like Zakir Naik.
After that masterful diplomatic move by Islamabad, I think India is very well free to exercise their own will as per their own convenience.

The final of next year's Champions Trophy might be moved from Lahore to Dubai if India advance, leading to a situation where the venue may not be confirmed until just days before the match. The tournament, scheduled from February 19 to March 9, is set to take place in Pakistan, with all 15 game venues officially announced. The International Cricket Council (ICC) is proceeding with these plans, and no discussions have been held about altering any part of the competition.

However, India has not played a match in Pakistan since 2008, and there is no sign that the Indian government will lift its ban on tours to Pakistan. It is highly likely that the ICC may eventually choose a different venue for India's matches, including the final, should they reach it.

Although the final on March 9 is slated for Lahore, alternative options are being informally considered in case India advances, with Dubai being a probable substitute venue. This situation could lead to the unprecedented scenario of the final venue remaining undecided until March 6, just three days before the match. Until then, both Lahore and the alternative venue would need to be prepared to host the final, leaving teams, officials, media, and fans uncertain about the location.

If India reaches the semifinals, that match would also need to be held outside Pakistan. In addition to Dubai, Abu Dhabi and Sharjah have the facilities to host games on short notice if required.

There is a precedent for Pakistan hosting a tournament without India playing there, as seen with last year's Asia Cup, which was co-hosted with Sri Lanka. All of India's matches, including against Pakistan, were played in Sri Lanka.

The Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) has stated that its decisions regarding tours to Pakistan are guided by the Indian government. Although India has not played a bilateral series against Pakistan since 2012-13, the two countries have continued to meet in global events.

At this year's T20 World Cup, India was guaranteed to play their semifinal in Guyana, regardless of their standing in the earlier stages. If a similar model is adopted for the Champions Trophy, India would be assured to play their semifinal, and potentially the final, outside Pakistan, while other teams' venues would remain uncertain.

India's group games in the Champions Trophy are currently assigned to Lahore, which is just two hours from the Indian border and easily accessible by road. However, if the current restrictions persist, all of India's matches, including the group clash with Pakistan, may be relocated to the United Arab Emirates. India is set to play New Zealand and Bangladesh in their pool matches as well.

Tournament organizers still hope that the Champions Trophy can be held entirely in Pakistan. This week, Pakistan Cricket Board chairman Mohsin Naqvi reiterated his desire for India to return to Pakistan, expressing confidence that Pakistan would host all teams in the Champions Trophy.

This tournament will mark Pakistan's first hosting of a global cricket event since 1996 and is a pivotal moment for the country's cricket. Pakistan, the defending champions, won the previous Champions Trophy by defeating India in the 2017 final at the Oval.

This will be the 11th consecutive instance of India and Pakistan meeting in the group stage of an ICC men's global event. The ICC's scheduling ensures that India and Pakistan clash, raising questions about sporting integrity.

England's group games against Australia and Afghanistan are set to take place in Lahore, and they will complete their group campaign against South Africa in Rawalpindi on March 2. These fixtures would remain unaffected if India does not play in Pakistan, but England could face uncertainty about their venues in the final stages if they qualify.

ENTIRE CHAMPIONS TROPHY OUTSIDE OF PAKISTAN...!!!!ICC is looking at moving the entire tournament outside Pakistan - venues are Dubai or Sri Lanka or South Africa. [Sports Tak]The current options are 1) Full tournament in PAK, 2) Hybrid model, 3) Full tournament outside PAK.

The final of next year's Champions Trophy might be moved from Lahore to Dubai if India advance, leading to a situation where the venue may not be confirmed until just days before the match. The tournament, scheduled from February 19 to March 9, is set to take place in Pakistan, with all 15 game venues officially announced. The International Cricket Council (ICC) is proceeding with these plans, and no discussions have been held about altering any part of the competition.

However, India has not played a match in Pakistan since 2008, and there is no sign that the Indian government will lift its ban on tours to Pakistan. It is highly likely that the ICC may eventually choose a different venue for India's matches, including the final, should they reach it.

Although the final on March 9 is slated for Lahore, alternative options are being informally considered in case India advances, with Dubai being a probable substitute venue. This situation could lead to the unprecedented scenario of the final venue remaining undecided until March 6, just three days before the match. Until then, both Lahore and the alternative venue would need to be prepared to host the final, leaving teams, officials, media, and fans uncertain about the location.

If India reaches the semifinals, that match would also need to be held outside Pakistan. In addition to Dubai, Abu Dhabi and Sharjah have the facilities to host games on short notice if required.

There is a precedent for Pakistan hosting a tournament without India playing there, as seen with last year's Asia Cup, which was co-hosted with Sri Lanka. All of India's matches, including against Pakistan, were played in Sri Lanka.

The Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) has stated that its decisions regarding tours to Pakistan are guided by the Indian government. Although India has not played a bilateral series against Pakistan since 2012-13, the two countries have continued to meet in global events.

At this year's T20 World Cup, India was guaranteed to play their semifinal in Guyana, regardless of their standing in the earlier stages. If a similar model is adopted for the Champions Trophy, India would be assured to play their semifinal, and potentially the final, outside Pakistan, while other teams' venues would remain uncertain.

India's group games in the Champions Trophy are currently assigned to Lahore, which is just two hours from the Indian border and easily accessible by road. However, if the current restrictions persist, all of India's matches, including the group clash with Pakistan, may be relocated to the United Arab Emirates. India is set to play New Zealand and Bangladesh in their pool matches as well.

Tournament organizers still hope that the Champions Trophy can be held entirely in Pakistan. This week, Pakistan Cricket Board chairman Mohsin Naqvi reiterated his desire for India to return to Pakistan, expressing confidence that Pakistan would host all teams in the Champions Trophy.

This tournament will mark Pakistan's first hosting of a global cricket event since 1996 and is a pivotal moment for the country's cricket. Pakistan, the defending champions, won the previous Champions Trophy by defeating India in the 2017 final at the Oval.

This will be the 11th consecutive instance of India and Pakistan meeting in the group stage of an ICC men's global event. The ICC's scheduling ensures that India and Pakistan clash, raising questions about sporting integrity.

England's group games against Australia and Afghanistan are set to take place in Lahore, and they will complete their group campaign against South Africa in Rawalpindi on March 2. These fixtures would remain unaffected if India does not play in Pakistan, but England could face uncertainty about their venues in the final stages if they qualify.
@Slim hanji ? Wait for another surprise in few days

Reputed Indian media is reporting that entire Champions Trophy may be moved out of Pakistan with South Africa being discussed as alternate host.

If this happens and PCB allows it to happen, it will be unfair to Pakistan and its fans.

Reputed Indian media is reporting that entire Champions Trophy may be moved out of Pakistan with South Africa being discussed as alternate host.

If this happens and PCB allows it to happen, it will be unfair to Pakistan and its fans.
Dont believe it... there have been rumours and rumours for months now.

Because they are obsessed with Pakistan. Always have been. They are interested in downfall of Pakistan. Be it in Cricket or otherwise.
I use to support these guys pre 2024 t20 wc however as soon as India won, their ego's and trolling went through the roof.

They all go on and on about not caring about this and that yet feel the need to fill every thread with trolls upon trolls, some of them coming down to borderline racism. Like of you don't care then just leave?

Their all on a pakistani forumn yet lack any respect. I am not ashamed of my past actions to any pakistani brother who has been hurt by me on supporting such filth.

One thread about asking if India will become an average team or not after bumrah, kohli, rohit retire which was a genuine question and the knives came out and yet I heard stories about how they don't care.

Pakistani obsessed freaks.

I use to support these guys pre 2024 t20 wc however as soon as India won, their ego's and trolling went through the roof.

They all go on and on about not caring about this and that yet feel the need to fill every thread with trolls upon trolls, some of them coming down to borderline racism. Like of you don't care then just leave?

Their all on a pakistani forumn yet lack any respect. I am not ashamed of my past actions to any pakistani brother who has been hurt by me on supporting such filth.

One thread about asking if India will become an average team or not after bumrah, kohli, rohit retire which was a genuine question and the knives came out and yet I heard stories about how they don't care.

Pakistani obsessed freaks.

Brother, exactly what we need to do to get back your support?

Brother, exactly what we need to do to get back your support?
Stop getting trigger happy with me that's it.

India is the best team in the world atm? Your country has produced the best odi batter ever? And top 2-5 best test batter ever? Only behind bradman

To top it off, Bumrah, kohli Rohit are atg's with future ATG's in jaiswal coming ahead?

What's the need to consistently bash me for liking am aussie team and NZ as my 2nd favourite? I dont need to make India my God father, Their my 3rd favourite team that's it.

I do not consider Sachin the God of cricket because for me that title belongs to bradman, Similarly I do not consider India a massive goat.

The problem that I've been having is that anything remotely negative that is said about India, everyone gets personal with me ranging from things like

- Aussie boy

- Learn to stay on topic

- Sandpaper cheats

Kuda ka khoof karo, You're the best team in the world, If certain people are making threads like who's the best all format batter Warner, KP, Gayle etc, and if you don't see kohli on this list, no need to get trigger happy. He can be on your list, no one is stopping you .

It goes both ways. If you lot constantly use words like Samdpaper hack and what not, then don't get mad when I make fun of a fake biopic of a cheat named Azhar. Similarly if you lot say things like Mujh sei bowling nahi ho rahi, then don't get mad when I bring up Bumrah's frequent phainti by Travis Head.

I've seen many lots Shove Indian cricket into threads where they do not belong and yet hypocritically claim to me to stay on topic of a thread. I'll bring in Travis head if I wish, if you guys get personal.

Can't believe I made the mistake of telling people I live in aus. Good God meri ghalti.

Ransacking penguins.

If Not Pakistan, ICC Exploring Three Different Venues To Host Champions Trophy 2025: Report​

The International Cricket Council (ICC) is looking at three options regarding hosting of the next year's ICC Champions Trophy, which is supposed to be held in Pakistan, as per sources. As per sources, the hosting rights for now stay with Pakistan. But ICC is still exploring some options for the tournament scheduled to start from February 2025. As per sources, ICC is either looking to have the tournament go ahead in Pakistan as planned, or take place in both Pakistan and the United Arab Emirates (UAE) as a part of the hybrid model. As per this hybrid model, matches for India and knockout stage games will take place in Dubai.

The third option is the entire tournament taking place outside Pakistan, with Dubai, Sri Lanka or South Africa as possible hosts, added sources.

Pakistan has not hosted any major International Cricket Council (ICC) event since the 1996 ODI World Cup, which it co-hosted with India and Sri Lanka. It was supposed to co-host the 2011 edition of the tournament, but its rights were stripped after a terror attack on a touring Sri Lanka side's bus back in 2009. The tournament was then played in India, Sri Lanka and Bangladesh.

India has not travelled to Pakistan since the 2008 Asia Cup, but Pakistan has been to India on three occasions, for a white-ball series in late December 2012 to January 2013, the 2016 ICC T20 World Cup and the 2023 ODI World Cup, which was entirely hosted by India.

During the 2023 WC, Pakistan played two matches each in Hyderabad, Chennai, Bengaluru, and Kolkata and the high-voltage match with arch-rivals India was played at Ahmedabad's Narendra Modi stadium on October 14.

As per reports:

PCB has categorically dismissed allegations from a British newspaper suggesting the 2025 ICC Champions Trophy final might be relocated from Lahore to Dubai, depending on India's qualification

The PCB reaffirms its commitment to hosting a successful event, despite ongoing political tensions between India and Pakistan. The board is working tirelessly to ensure seamless preparations for the tournament.

Significant stadium upgrades are underway nationwide to accommodate the expected influx of fans and international players. These renovations align with the PCB's broader vision to enhance Pakistan's cricket infrastructure and solidify its position as a premier cricketing destination.

Indian media barking again. Literally an absolute propaganda machine. One of the worst medias on the planet. Not a shred of journalism or honesty. Habitual liars and proper example of garbage journalism.

Indian newspapers only serve one purpose - to be used as toilet papers.

Sadly I'll agree. As a kid I always saw Pakistan as a struggling, closed minded society infested with terrorists and poverty, but only after coming to this forum I realised the level of brainwashing I had faced thanks to Bhartiya media. Indian media never show good things about Pakistan as a state policy, specially since Modi Ji came to power. Extremely sad.

"Inaccurate Reports": Centre On Cricket Coming Up In S Jaishankar's Pakistan Visit​

The Centre rejected reports on cricket featuring in talks between External Affairs Minister S Jaishankar and his Pakistani counterpart Ishaq Dar in Islamabad. The Ministry of External Affairs in its briefing said the "reports are not accurate".

The Centre said no bilateral meeting happened during the SCO summit except with Mongolia. MEA spokesperson Randhir Jaiswal said "No pull aside meeting took place either", only "general talks happened during dinner and nothing else." S Jaishankar and Ishaq Dar reportedly sat next to each other during lunch.

Earlier, reports surfaced that Mr Jaishankar and Mr Dar had met and talked about a possible India-Pakistan cricket match soon. The two cricketing rivals have not played any bilateral series since 2012 when Pakistan toured India for a T20I and ODI series.

Meanwhile, India has not played any match in Pakistan since the 2008 Asia Cup due to tensions between the two countries arising out of the Mumbai terror attacks. Pakistan has made three tours to India since 2008 but India hasn't sent its team to Pakistan due to security concerns.

The two teams have played against each other in ICC tournaments in India and abroad, but Pakistan wants India to send its team for the ICC Champions Trophy, set to be hosted by the neighbouring nation next February.

Top officials of the England and Wales Cricket Board had recently told the PCB that organising the Champions Trophy without India would be meaningless since it would impact the ICC's revenue.

Mr Jaishankar was in Islamabad for the Shanghai Cooperation Organisation (SCO) meeting of Heads of Government, which marked the first Pakistan visit by an Indian foreign minister since 2015.

During his visit, Mr Jaishankar met Prime Minister Sharif at the multilateral event but did not hold any bilateral with Pakistan. Mr Jaishankar had clarified that India-Pakistan ties won't feature during his Islamabad visit since it was for the SCO summit.

At the SCO summit, he delivered a strong and veiled message aimed at Pakistan, stating that cooperation in areas like trade is unlikely to flourish if cross-border activities are characterised by terrorism.

"Inaccurate Reports": Centre On Cricket Coming Up In S Jaishankar's Pakistan Visit​

The Centre rejected reports on cricket featuring in talks between External Affairs Minister S Jaishankar and his Pakistani counterpart Ishaq Dar in Islamabad. The Ministry of External Affairs in its briefing said the "reports are not accurate".

The Centre said no bilateral meeting happened during the SCO summit except with Mongolia. MEA spokesperson Randhir Jaiswal said "No pull aside meeting took place either", only "general talks happened during dinner and nothing else." S Jaishankar and Ishaq Dar reportedly sat next to each other during lunch.

Earlier, reports surfaced that Mr Jaishankar and Mr Dar had met and talked about a possible India-Pakistan cricket match soon. The two cricketing rivals have not played any bilateral series since 2012 when Pakistan toured India for a T20I and ODI series.

Meanwhile, India has not played any match in Pakistan since the 2008 Asia Cup due to tensions between the two countries arising out of the Mumbai terror attacks. Pakistan has made three tours to India since 2008 but India hasn't sent its team to Pakistan due to security concerns.

The two teams have played against each other in ICC tournaments in India and abroad, but Pakistan wants India to send its team for the ICC Champions Trophy, set to be hosted by the neighbouring nation next February.

Top officials of the England and Wales Cricket Board had recently told the PCB that organising the Champions Trophy without India would be meaningless since it would impact the ICC's revenue.

Mr Jaishankar was in Islamabad for the Shanghai Cooperation Organisation (SCO) meeting of Heads of Government, which marked the first Pakistan visit by an Indian foreign minister since 2015.

During his visit, Mr Jaishankar met Prime Minister Sharif at the multilateral event but did not hold any bilateral with Pakistan. Mr Jaishankar had clarified that India-Pakistan ties won't feature during his Islamabad visit since it was for the SCO summit.

At the SCO summit, he delivered a strong and veiled message aimed at Pakistan, stating that cooperation in areas like trade is unlikely to flourish if cross-border activities are characterised by terrorism.

So @DeadlyVenom how is relying on republicworld and @Rajdeep working out?

Back