Worcestershire v Pakistanis | Tour Match | Worcester | 13-14 Aug 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pakistan | 2/106 | 25 Overs

10 off the over and brings up hundred up for Pakistan with two more boundaries.

Who is this Chris Russell?? :)))

He's travelling to all parts of Worcester.

Wow. A Guy Who didnt touched the Bat for 6 months, Look how he is playing like a charm. Hope he do well in remaining tests.

Yousuf, despite not having touched a bat in 6 months, is easily the best batsman in this team. Class is permanent.

its good practice for MoYo...keep in mind though that Worc is not playing with their front line bowlers.

Surely Amin will kick *** of Umar Akmal, But still no hope for Amin.He is going to be dropped for third test.

Pakistan | 2/112 | 28 Overs | Mohammad Yousuf 40*, Umar Amin 21*

Good over for Worcs.

rain.rain.and rain........mohammad yousaf and umar amin are playing well.....i hope umar amin get into form more than mohammad yousaf.

I actually think they might drop Malik and Ali to make room for Yousaf and Yasir, Amin will be persisted with

Pakistan | 2/112 | 28.1 Overs | Mohammad Yousuf 40*, Umar Amin 21*

Stumps - Day 1

uptil now yusuf making a mockery of the mediocrity in our side..!!..hasnt played much but still seems to know what he's doing...where are you anwaar? your boy hasnt even managed this much after soo much practice??

I hope yusuf plays well in the next test and inspires people like amin!!

should be a good batting practise tomorrow, too bad won't get to see Raza bowl tomorrow.

Thats what i want at the oval. moyo n amin putting together a big partnership.Cmon plz dont drop amin hes got talent, its just a matter of one inns.

If the weather holds they should look to get some bowling in for at least a session.

So how does a 2 day match work anyway?

Pakistan will probably bat till lunch tomorrow or even one hour after lunch as well and then declare and give the bowlers some practise.

well i'm sure they were facing 75mph bowling today, it'll be different facing 87mph+ and swing.

I hope Umar Amin is learning a thing or two batting with Yousuf out there in the middle..

Well... I can already see the difference of Amin batting with Yousuf

I actually think they might drop Malik and Ali to make room for Yousaf and Yasir, Amin will be persisted with

I think Umar Amin and Shoaib Malik will be dropped for Yasir Hameed and Mohamed Yousuf.

Azhar Ali will probably retain his place.

I think Umar Amin and Shoaib Malik will be dropped for Yasir Hameed and Mohamed Yousuf.

Azhar Ali will probably retain his place.

I think if Amin scores big in this match, he will retain his place in the team...

I think this is perhaps what Amin needs to build up his confidence and experience. Give him a stint in English county cricket for a while.

I would like them to give the rest of the 2 tests to Umar Amin and Azhar Ali as well so that it can be decided once and for all if they are talented enough to be persisted with.

I would rest Malik and bring in MoYo.

Why didnt Farhat play ? He should have played and scored a pair so he wouldn't be selected in the next match.

ffs Amin has just made 20 against a pop gun attack in a meaningless 2 day and people are talking as if he is on the verge of breaking Lara's 400 run record

ffs Amin has just made 20 against a pop gun attack in a meaningless 2 day and people are talking as if he is on the verge of breaking Lara's 400 run record

Xoib we are not rating umar amin only in this innings but we think that he is a class act....it's about 1 innings that he regains his form and score heavily.;-);-)

Exactly. People here never leave an opportunity to over-hype :inti

Yousuf shows his class, right away.

Many will claim that he's facing easy bowlers [he is] but so were Azhar Ali and Yasir Hameed. Yet, the man who has not played a competitive game of cricket for six months is on 40. :))

Xoib we are not rating umar amin only in this innings but we think that he is a class act....it's about 1 innings that he regains his form and score heavily.;-);-)

1 innings to regain his form and score heavily? he's played 60 innings in first class cricket and has 4 centuries with a best of 153. don't expect much from him, he'll be a consistent 25-40 run scorer no matter how good his form is.

yousuf rocks. no matter where. this is class-----pure class, he has been away for so long from cricket, yet he is still his brilliant self!

Yousuf against Worcs ( B CLASS bowling ) is not a real test, still better then rest of the team

MoYo's inning just shows how pathetic the original squad was. A guy who has not touched bat for 6 months instantly becomes the squad's best batsman.

Last edited:
Yousuf shows his class, right away.

Many will claim that he's facing easy bowlers [he is] but so were Azhar Ali and Yasir Hameed. Yet, the man who has not played a competitive game of cricket for six months is on 40. :))

Leave Azhar alone , he was run-out :inzi .

Yousef Shines in a Side match.

ubig6.jpg

MoYo's inning just shows how pathetic the original squad was. A guy who has not touched bat for 6 months instantaly becomes the squad's best batsman.

FORM is temporary CLASS is permanent

but....but....but.....he's a classy left hander! :pissed:

lol, anyhow hope for his sake he starts to get in to some form and live up to the hype that has surrounded him.

Why didn't Salman play? he's as much out of form as the rest.... :13:

Yousuf against Worcs ( B CLASS bowling ) is not a real test, still better then rest of the team

Hopefully, his form translates into international success.

He's probably the only security we have in that frail batting line-up.

Now if YK also comes back then Pakistan can atleast fight back.

clearly need to play yousuf instead of Malik. Amin and Azher should remain in the team !

The same B class bowling that Azhar and Hammed got out against. I'm just glad to see Yousef come in from the cold after 6 months and making more runs than those who've been on tour for weeks. And he certainly will help the youngsters with guidance in the middle while taking the pressure off of them.

Yousuf has performed well so far , I hope he smashes his way to a century .

Indeed form is temporary but class is permanent . Now I only hope we get to see Yk as well in action soon .

Btw, the scorecard currently reads 112/2. How long has it been since we read such a scorecard by Pakistan? I say revel in the moment while it lasts!! :yahoo

its not worcester B class bowling, their two front line bowlers are their regular domestic first class bowlers, as for their third seamer Russell, he's a new prospect for them.

Still its an very average bowling attack and yousuf has shown his class.

Any idea if play will start on time because just checked weather and it says that from 11 to about 12:30 there will be rain but from 1 to 6 it should be pretty clear! Just hoping for play coz I might go to watch today later on!!

Thats what i want at the oval. moyo n amin putting together a big partnership.Cmon plz dont drop amin hes got talent, its just a matter of one inns.

amin should be dropped before azhar . at least azhar has made a half century

Any idea if play will start on time because just checked weather and it says that from 11 to about 12:30 there will be rain but from 1 to 6 it should be pretty clear! Just hoping for play coz I might go to watch today later on!!

why not just go outside and look at the sky? :jm

What a surprise it has been to learn that Umar Amin was my class mate in Foundation School, Rawalpindi. I didn't knew until I added one of my class mate on facebook.

Last edited:
The suns out guys.

Pak players are doing fielding practice and there is an inspection at 1pm

To anyone who will be there today... can we have some pictures, please? Cricinfo isn't covering it, I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back