WTC23 Final: Australia vs India | The Oval | June 7-11, 2023 | Day 3

Australia getting out quickly will be a blessing in disguise for them! In that way they will get enough time to bowl out Indians with the threat of rain around! No point in piling 500+ runs and taking the game away! India by no way has the bazball batsmen in their team (Only Pant can come close to that). Also this pitch is the driest pitch in England and we won't get that kind of flat pitch which England got in their last innings of their last test match against India...

With every Australian wicket falling it is the Indian team which should be worried!

What a game this could be if India bowl them out chasing 300ish

OR will we witness the famous Australian collapse that we saw in several innings in their last tour to India!

Aussies going into a shell can cost them the match here

the pitch is doing all sorts of things. i think a lead of 300 would put this game beyond india's reach. Aussies can get that mark if they bat the way they are batting till the end of day. it will give them two days to bowl india out. thats plenty of time.

If india need to have any hope, they need to have a target of less than 275. Hope for a massive Aussie collapse!

Think India smelling a win here. Not watching it but I am guessing this is a very tense session and tempers could fray

Aussies are doing alright! People are trying to create sensation to keep interest alive in this match!

Think India smelling a win here. Not watching it but I am guessing this is a very tense session and tempers could fray

Aussies are being tested brutally here, but this is more due to the nature of the conditions and the pitch than India's bowling. Batting is NOT easy. There is green in the middle and footmarks closer to the crease, so there is something for every type of bowler. Unless someone from India bats out of their skin, I dont think this will end in anything other than an Aussie win.

Australia already have enough runs on the board.

I dont follow Indian cricket but was suprised to see Rohit Sharma is still opener and captain lol. This bloke was never a test player, he simply doesnt have the technique.

Indian old timers hanging on to their positions because of the IPL Rockstar fame were never going to win this final.

I know but they have World Class batsman so play safe ��

did you see the way smith, labuschagne and co hop around? are they not world class?

I have a feeling the Aussies will declare and make india bat the final 10 overs of the day today, hoping for a wicket or two.

Most Indian fans have disappeared from this thread roflmao

India have King and Prince 😱
They can do anything 1 billion fans waiting for miracle 😊

Shami looks completely spent.

Such a shame he played 2 months of non stop cricket in IPL just before this test and no one from BCCI or Dravid bothered to rein in his franchisee not to bowl him into the ground.

Shows how much influence IPL owners wield on Indian cricket.

In absence of Bumrah, both Shami & Siraj should have been wrapped in cotton wool. Instead they kept playing meaningless hit and giggle cricket.

India gave themselves a glimmer of hope with a stirring fightback against Australia on day three of the World Test Championship final at The Oval.

Australia were reduced to 123-4 in their second innings, a lead of 296 on a pitch that is becoming increasingly difficult to bat on.

That India are still just about in the contest is thanks to a seventh-wicket stand of 109 between Ajinkya Rahane and Shardul Thakur, made after KS Bharat was bowled by the second delivery of the day.

Rahane, lbw to a no-ball on Thursday, was also dropped on Friday as he compiled a classy 89. Australia twice dropped Thakur, who was also leg before off a Pat Cummins no-ball, as he scrapped to 51.

It eventually took a spectacular catch from Cameron Green to remove Rahane and India were bowled out for 296, a deficit of 173.

Australia then lost David Warner and Usman Khawaja to slip to 24-2, only for Marnus Labuschagne and Steve Smith to defy the bowling, pitch and raucous crowd with a partnership of 62.

Smith and Travis Head fell playing wild shots to the left-arm spin of Ravindra Jadeja, but Labuschagne stood firm on 41 not out, in the company of Green, unbeaten on seven.

And although the day belonged to India, Australia's lead on this pitch is significant and they remain favourites to be crowned world champions.

Turning out to be a hell of a game . Either team can win here . If aussie score 350 lead. It will be hard for india. Let us see. Cracker of a game.

Only rain can save india 🤔

Any Indian fan think they can chase 358

I have bad news for u :))

See no declared me and Australian think Same

Champion thinking ��

The play was called 12 overs early. I am pretty sure had it gone a few more overs the Aussies would have declared.

Now they might play till they get bowled out or the lead is 350

This Indian team is inept at playing spin bowling and on a sticky pitch like this one, Lyon will fancy his chances. I think he will get a fifer.

This game is done and dusted. Australia has been quite dominant.

Anything above 356 is Impossible don’t expect too much Indian fans 😩 just accept Australia deserve to win 🥰 WTC final winner 🥳

India have fought back really well today and made it into a game worthy of a final, when it looked like it could just be plain sailing for the Aussies.

Big big day tomorrow!

If India win it will be best chase ever in Test Cricket history :)

I hope atleast they fight and score 320 👍

Cummins has a habit of declaring too late. He did this against Pakistan too on much much flatter tracks.

Australia needs to be bowling by all means Day 4 post lunch session

Poor Australian fielding and no balls by Cummins let India off the hook.The first session will be crucial.

This Indian team cannot play spin or pace. Lyon is going to show how to bowl proper offspin on the 4th and final day.
Actually India can be bundled out tomorrow itself. It may sound bad, but at least it will force the selectors to get rid of oldies. Too many 25 and above players in the team.

If Australia was 6 down instead of 4. India could have a sliver of hope of restricting Aussies to 350 and then giving it their best shot. Have a feeling Aus will score around 400-450 and India will be shot out for about 220

If Australia bat beyond lunch then its game over for India.

Back