"You and your group have played in five World Cups so you should win this tournament": Ahmed Shehzad

He isn’t projecting himself better than them. He is speaking about external, political factors that we 100% agree with.

Shahzad has nothing to gain or lose now. Others like Sahibzada, Saud, Harris do.
Also forgot to add Fakhar Zaman. How he isn’t opening whilst Babar and Rizwan are is the biggest farce ever!

Yeah that is why he chose to go rogue. LOL
Makes sense. Might as well take everyone down with you.

Not as if people care when a person who deserves to actually open is batted at 7, and then kicked out of the Pakistan team

Makes sense. Might as well take everyone down with you.

Not as if people care when a person who deserves to actually open is batted at 7, and then kicked out of the Pakistan team
Good luck to him. He is gonna go quiet soon.

Because world cup is gonna be over in a month and he is left with no topic to discuss.
Then you have me to milk the failures of Pakistan for the next couple of years? The misery won’t end

Then you have me to milk the failures of Pakistan for the next couple of years? The misery won’t end
Ahmed is specifically having problem with babar if you see his quotes. He doe not really care of Pakistan wins or loose. He wants babar to do wonders, else he will bash him.

Ahmed is specifically having problem with babar if you see his quotes. He doe not really care of Pakistan wins or loose. He wants babar to do wonders, else he will bash him.
Is he not entitled to ask Babar to do wonders?

The guy has 4K T20i runs. He has a stranglehold on the leadership. He picks and gets the team he wants. He forces the batting order as he likes. He’s had enough time and experience to deliver in accordance to the requirements of cricket today. Why is Ahmed not entitled to want Babar to do the wonders that are expected of someone that is ranked 3rd or 4th in T20i with so many 50s under his belt?

He had performances, he was the only player to make 3 centuries in all formats, he was also the only batter to have 6 odi 100's which from 2010 to 2015 no other batter had as many besides hafeez. And he was miles better then Jamshed, Imran farhat etc etc.

Only opener who was better then him was sharjeel at the time. So while shehzad was medicore, misbah had tried multiple openers even bringing yk to open and none of them surpassed shehzad

Problem came 2015 and onwards. Sarfraz came in and had 2 brilliant performances as an opener, then azhar came in and had a brilliant bangaldesh series and was the only good batter, everyone else got whitewashed. Afterwards fakhar came in and just replaced shehzad and the final nail in the coffin was Imam hitting that 100 on debut and replacing shehzad for good especially when shehzad's last innings was a 0 of 12 balls.

Shehzad shouldn't have returned in 2020 though, that's misbah's fault, but 2010 he warranted a place as well as 2013 due to bpl, and he didn't get a suitable replacement before azhar and Fakhar
Do you know his white ball record/ SR?

Is he not entitled to ask Babar to do wonders?

The guy has 4K T20i runs. He has a stranglehold on the leadership. He picks and gets the team he wants. He forces the batting order as he likes. He’s had enough time and experience to deliver in accordance to the requirements of cricket today. Why is Ahmed not entitled to want Babar to do the wonders that are expected of someone that is ranked 3rd or 4th in T20i with so many 50s under his belt?
He is not a former player, If he has that many problems with him, why not bash the whole domestic season and replace Babar or Rizwan as an opener? Who is stopping him not to take their place??

He should focus on his performance on the field, not his performance on TV.

He is not a former player, If he has that many problems with him, why not bash the whole domestic season and replace Babar or Rizwan as an opener? Who is stopping him not to take their place??

He should focus on his performance on the field, not his performance on TV.
What about the people who did deserve to replace a Babar and Rizwan as openers? They batted at 7?

What about the people who did deserve to replace a Babar and Rizwan as openers? They batted at 7?
they are working in the field and in the ground to make their case strong, unlike this guy who is speaking just so that a TV show can get TRP.

they are working in the field and in the ground to make their case strong, unlike this guy who is speaking just so that a TV show can get TRP.
So Sahibzada is entitled to say these things but Shahzad isn’t?

So Sahibzada is entitled to say these things but Shahzad isn’t?
Farhan is wise enough to focus on his performances to shut up the criticism and slap the selector with his bats while ahmed is doing this...

Farhan is wise enough to focus on his performances to shut up the criticism and slap the selector with his bats while ahmed is doing this...
And what does Fakhar get? Guys justifying he is best suited for number 4?

why not just do what you always do by bringing oldies back , bring afridi senior ,and abdul razaq, back

And what does Fakhar get? Guys justifying he is best suited for number 4?

Fakhar is in the Pakistan World Cup squad where he has every chance of answering his critics.

“Me, Me and Me”

Even if we believe that Babar is superior to every other batsman in the world, even that assumption would not mean that he will win the trophy for Pakistan. If that was the case, India would have won all the world cups from 1996 to 2011, but it took them a solid team in 2011 to win the World Cup. Moral of the story: Cricket is a team sports, and you win as a team. One player alone cannot win you the cup.

Fakhar is in the Pakistan World Cup squad where he has every chance of answering his critics.
Fakhar’s critics are those who oppose his position as an opener…is fakhar answering his critics as an opener in the Pakistan team?

Was Sahibzada in the Pakistan team to answer his critics as a number 7?

Ahmad is killing his chances to make a comeback in Pakistan team with these loose statements. His PSL career is already over. What is wrong with him?

Imo he's actually setting himself up for the long race. Being in the team now is not his aim, he's betting on Pak having a poor World Cup so that he can be the leading voice of change. Hence why very vocal these days.

He also has the example of Amir and Imad who made come backs using media pressure. Plus his mentor Shahid Afridi and Younis Khan from his playing days who used similar tactics.

He's already won over the anti Babar lobby and might even be prompted by them to be a future captain.

Is Shehzad the #3 star studded bat we need even though we don’t deserve him?

Imo he's actually setting himself up for the long race. Being in the team now is not his aim, he's betting on Pak having a poor World Cup so that he can be the leading voice of change. Hence why very vocal these days.

He also has the example of Amir and Imad who made come backs using media pressure. Plus his mentor Shahid Afridi and Younis Khan from his playing days who used similar tactics.

He's already won over the anti Babar lobby and might even be prompted by them to be a future captain.
Ahmad is lucky he is in Pakistan. He can talk crap about captain and still hope for a place in team. In India, if you complain about captain/management in public, your career is over.

dont get it why ahmed shahzad is talking all this crap now, he should have done when he was playing cricket now its just seems like his personal frustration not more than that.

I read the thread title and for a second I thought he was talking about Kohli!

So what if Babar hasn't won a WC with his team yet, neither did Kohli.

Ahmed Shehzad needs to come back with a logical point, otherwise his lousy words are mere fodder for the haters.

There’s no point shooting the messenger. What he’s saying makes sense. We’ve been fed all the propaganda for the last 4 ICC tournaments and 3 Asia cups. Clearly something is not working. Time to accept it and stop being so stubborn.

It’s like Groundhog Day. Just when you think we may have moved on from a certain strategy or player control, a new World Cup starts and the two babies get exactly what they wanted. What will be the excuse this time?

Winning and losing is part of the game?
Middle order didn’t click?
Bowling didn’t click?
Young(!) team - we are learning?
It’s not easy when you are “rebuilding” (again)
Luck wasn’t on our side?

I think ahmed should go all out rouge and take the names of the guys involved in destroying the team. He should also expose the agents that he was talking about. Why quiet?

Ahmed Shehzad speaking during a TV show:

“If I start discussing about the discipline of people here, it will take us to morning, but we never say anything to anyone, we do talk about cricket. If you say that you are the prime player and there is no one bigger than you, then you should win the World Cup. You and your group have got five tournaments. And the way you are taking things with your agent, we have to tell the world about all these things and will also tell who he is and what he is doing.”​

Some more words of wisdom by our very own Ahmed Shehzad from the same show.

-----------------------------

"Speaking of Babar Azam, there is friendship. Look, he is carrying players from a long run. The players are out of form for a long time. It doesn’t look good. If I count the number of matches, you’ll realize players don’t get that long run. If there were any other captain, he wouldn’t have carried players for 35-40 games. He should have thought about himself.”

"We don’t play cricket to win bilateral series but to win ICC events. Did we win any event in the last 4-5 years? If we didn’t win, I would say there are gangs, friendships, and tola with an agent who has been manipulating cricket for the last 4-5 years,"

"They [Sarfaraz Ahmed and Co.] produced the results, won the Champions Trophy. It justifies, you also win this event and justify. However, you’ve got a longer run, one captain doesn’t get five events. You were removed and then brought back. I understand if you were MS Dhohi that you were brought back. But no. It’s wrong with Shaheen Shah Afridi, you made him captain for two matches and then you removed him."​

Some more words of wisdom by our very own Ahmed Shehzad from the same show.

-----------------------------

"Speaking of Babar Azam, there is friendship. Look, he is carrying players from a long run. The players are out of form for a long time. It doesn’t look good. If I count the number of matches, you’ll realize players don’t get that long run. If there were any other captain, he wouldn’t have carried players for 35-40 games. He should have thought about himself.”

"We don’t play cricket to win bilateral series but to win ICC events. Did we win any event in the last 4-5 years? If we didn’t win, I would say there are gangs, friendships, and tola with an agent who has been manipulating cricket for the last 4-5 years,"

"They [Sarfaraz Ahmed and Co.] produced the results, won the Champions Trophy. It justifies, you also win this event and justify. However, you’ve got a longer run, one captain doesn’t get five events. You were removed and then brought back. I understand if you were MS Dhohi that you were brought back. But no. It’s wrong with Shaheen Shah Afridi, you made him captain for two matches and then you removed him."​
Damn shehzad out here spitting facts. O o, Shehzad the latest member of the high 5 club.

We are becoming the NWO

Me, you and brother Topsin as Hogan, Nash and Hall. @Dr_Bassim Randy Savage and @emranabbas Lex Luger.
And who is sting? I forgot the storyline, I think he was against them but eventually joined em once the hogan storyline ended and the wwe return happened.

Maybe shehzad is sting aka the outcast turned icon 😂

And who is sting? I forgot the storyline, I think he was against them but eventually joined em once the hogan storyline ended and the wwe return happened.

Maybe shehzad is sting aka the outcast turned icon 😂
@PakEngFan is Sting. He wants to terrorise us but is actually in support of our views

@PakEngFan is Sting. He wants to terrorise us but is actually in support of our views
The thing I never understood is people going all the way back to 2003, 1999, 1996 to defend misbah and babar.

Like bro, I already know. Pakistan use to be mid card team. It was a team that would dominate associates and b to c string sides, would usually lose 3-2 or 4-1 to topsides and cause a few tournament upsets here and their. But they always deserved the cornered tigers tag assuming Australia doesn't come In, Cause Australia is the one team that will spoil the mood if you're NZ, Pakistan or SA lol.

But Pakistan wasn't that freaking bad that they'd lose to Minnows and now fans are praying we somehow pull a miracle against USA lol.

The argument isn't turning them into Australia, the argument is to simply field your best 11 and choose your best 15, which hasn't been happening.

Shadab is not your best player, neither is rizwan nor is babar your best captain. Your best team is players from the acc Cup aka the one led by Muhammad haris mixed with some old blood like imad wasim, sharjeel khan and some outside innovative players like saud shakeel.

Azam Khan, Chacha, Shadab, saim( sorry kid gotta add you), Naseem(on current form). That's alot of dead weight that you're carrying and babar, Fakhar and rizwan can be added into the pile for playing out of position and just not gelling the team well if the idea is to accommodate these 2 and not gell a team for your country.

'Your stats are worse than me. You're fraud king': Babar Azam absolutely battered in hot-headed rant from Pakistan star

Ahmed Shehzad didn't mince his words as he spoke about Babar Azam's poor performances in the ongoing T20 World Cup.

Following his indifferent outings in the T20 World Cup so far, Pakistan's Ahmed Shehzad has come down hard at Babar. During a television show on Pakistan's news channel Geo News, Shehzad broke into a full-blown rant over Babar's performances in T20 World Cups. The broadcasters in the show had put Shehzad's stats in the tournament alongside Babar, which showed that the former had better strike rate and average in comparison to the Pakistan skipper.

“Your strike rate is 112 and average is 26. You haven't hit a single six in 207 balls in the Powerplay. I admit I could've improved on my own performances 8 years ago, but your stats are even worse. You are worse than me, but you are king. You're a fraud king,” Shehzad said, not mincing his words.

'Apologise to Pakistan'

Shehzad didn't end at directing hitting out on Babar; he also claimed that the Pakistan captain “ruined” the country's domestic structure to favour his friends, and that he should apologise to the country for not leading the side to ICC titles.

“He could not bring any trophy for Pakistan. After that you have ruined the entire domestic structure, you are such a captain, you cannot unconventionally run the domestic team to bring in your friends,” Shehzad said.

“If you cannot do anything then you can at least do this much that now you should raise your hands and say that I had all the support, PCB gave me everything, but I could not deliver, I got the players of my choice but I could not deliver for Pakistan, I am really really sorry, I am responsible,” he added.
https://www.hindustantimes.com/cric...-rant-from-pakistan-star-101718300477135.html

Shehzad is on fire; he is in a festive mood. It seems like he has an early Bakrid. :ROFLMAO:

"You have hallucinated people by scoring runs against B, C, and D teams,:LOL:" Shehzad said when he was quizzed on Pakistan's performance in T20 World Cup 2024.

"Your salaries were increased by PCB to evolve your game, but you put their money on social media for image building and nothing else,":D he added while airing his views on a cricket show as quoted by News18.

"Look at your scores in big tournaments, your stats, your average and your strike rate. What kind of a king Babar Azam … Iss king kya karu jisne match nahi jitwana hai. (What do I do with a King who does not win you matches:D). There is a stat that your big scores have come it losing causes."

https://news.abplive.com/sports/cri...024-aise-king-ka-kya-karun-ind-vs-pak-1694897

This is how you should reply to a guy who just talk and talk and talks. Perfect reply from Imam to Ahmed. LOL

------------------------------

Imam-ul-Haq replying to Ahmed Shehzad in same show

“Babar Azam was removed from the captaincy, and when he was brought back, it wasn’t his choice, but the board’s decision. In 2022, we played in the final, right? So, it means there was a performance, but we couldn’t win. This could be a debate that we didn’t click in the final."

Ahmed Shehzad said:

“Imam Ul Haq is in the central contract, we understand that he is young and he has to play a lot. We used to say the same things when we were at Imam’s age. I am 34 and sick and tired of things.”

Imam Ul Haq’s reply to Ahmed Shehzad:

“I am in the central contract, absolutely, yes. But I promise you that when I’m 36, my stance will remain the same. If anyone has a problem, they can say it at 30 or even at 28. If at 28, he feels that things are not going right, then you should speak up.”​
Yaar, Pakistan barely qualified for Semis thanks to the SA vs Zim washout

Rain Gods have been very kind to Pakistan in Australia in a world Cup twice it seems

I am restricted so can’t respond in detail. But this is in my top 3 silliest takes because dosti yaari starts at the top and Sarfraz was an astute leader in that regard who commanded the respect of all his team mates because he didn’t play politics or keep groups in the team, he didn’t ostracise the past of players either and it was all about competing for and winning trophies, and they actually managed to do that. The current regime have nothing to show, if dosti yaari is a successful model, why haven’t the cake cutting gangsters won anything 🤔
Sarfaraz also gave PCT fans biggest bragging rights in 2017.. phew worst day on PP that was for me.

I hope this drama queen wasteman Shehzad knows they can remove every person on this team and he still won’t have a chance to play for pakistan again.

Ahmed Shahzad is getting boring now. Saying same stuff as usual.

---------------------------------

Ahmed Shahzad speaking during a TV show:

“The kind of groupings that are happening in the team… there is lack of leadership. They keep saying they’re learning from their mistakes. Aap kya seekh rahe hain? Against Canada, when you needed to up your run rate.. Rizwan scored the slowest fifty, Babar scored run-a-ball. There was no demons on that pitch,”

“The problem is that (players chasing) personal milestones have ruined Pakistan cricket. That’s why we’re in this situation right now. They haven’t learnt anything. There is no leadership in this team. You’re (Babar Azam) just a social media-generated king. You’ve had four to five years… You guys play politics, you guys don’t have the required fitness level. You have played your peak cricket and now your cricket is declining. You have not let anyone else come into the team. Till now, you have maintained friendships only,”

“PCB chairman, who has joined two months ago, has already took two bad calls in his tenure so far. First, he reinstated Babar Azam as captain. It was the worst decision because he was given enough chances as captain. He was tried and tested. Then he picked Wahab Riaz as selector, who has handled things very unprofessionally in the past two months,”

“Now people will come and scare the PCB chief that if he will remove 7-8 cricketers, then the team will lost its aura. But these are the guys, who are putting friendships over the country and if you remove only two or three from this lot then it would be injustice for them. Remove all of them,”​

Ahmed Shahzad is getting boring now. Saying same stuff as usual.

---------------------------------

Ahmed Shahzad speaking during a TV show:

“The kind of groupings that are happening in the team… there is lack of leadership. They keep saying they’re learning from their mistakes. Aap kya seekh rahe hain? Against Canada, when you needed to up your run rate.. Rizwan scored the slowest fifty, Babar scored run-a-ball. There was no demons on that pitch,”

“The problem is that (players chasing) personal milestones have ruined Pakistan cricket. That’s why we’re in this situation right now. They haven’t learnt anything. There is no leadership in this team. You’re (Babar Azam) just a social media-generated king. You’ve had four to five years… You guys play politics, you guys don’t have the required fitness level. You have played your peak cricket and now your cricket is declining. You have not let anyone else come into the team. Till now, you have maintained friendships only,”

“PCB chairman, who has joined two months ago, has already took two bad calls in his tenure so far. First, he reinstated Babar Azam as captain. It was the worst decision because he was given enough chances as captain. He was tried and tested. Then he picked Wahab Riaz as selector, who has handled things very unprofessionally in the past two months,”

“Now people will come and scare the PCB chief that if he will remove 7-8 cricketers, then the team will lost its aura. But these are the guys, who are putting friendships over the country and if you remove only two or three from this lot then it would be injustice for them. Remove all of them,”​
He’s right and I agree with him.

If babar does stay on as captain (which would be disastrous for both him and Pakistan) dont let Shaheen play. If Shaheen is appointed as captain dont play under him.

Back