'You ask any player around the world, they would say PSL is the toughest league': Mohammad Rizwan

MenInG

PakPassion Administrator
Staff member
Runs
Mohammad Rizwan ahead of the PSL Draft:

“Hamko pata hai ki PSL ne duniya ko hairaan kar diya hai. Shuru me baatein ho rahi thi ki PSL kaamyaab nahi hoga, but abhi hamein khud, as a player feel ho raha hai ki ye PSL ne kya dhoom macha di hai duniya me. Ham keh rahe hai ki IPL hai, but iss time duniya ke players se pucha jaye, jo yahan se khelke jaate hain, vo keh rahe hain ki duniya ki sabse tough league Pakistan ki hai. (PSL has stunned the entire world. There were talks earlier that PSL won't be successful, but even us, as a player, have felt that PSL is a success. The IPL is there, but if you ask any player around the world who has played in the PSL, he would say that Pakistan's league is the toughest in the world.),” Rizwan said during his interaction with reporters ahead of the draft.

“Idhar se koi reserve player bhi hota hai, toh vo bhi internationally bench pe baitha hota hai. Pakistan ki backup agar mazbooti se mil rahi hai, usme PSL ka bohot ahem kirdaar hai. (The players who are reserves here, they are sitting on the bench at the international level as well. Pakistan are getting good backup players, and PSL should get credit for that)"

https://www.hindustantimes.com/cric...kes-explosive-ipl-remark-101671118119941.html

Last edited:
Why does he needs to bring in the IPL?

PSL is good for pakistan and that should be it for him. Not compare with IPL. How many Indian players even talk about the PSL?

Most of the top players of the world dont even touch the PSL, so what is he on about? How many top players from India England NZ Australia SA play in the PSL?

PSL is good for pakistan and that should be it for him. Not compare with IPL. How many Indian players even talk about the PSL?

Most of the top players of the world dont even touch the PSL, so what is he on about? How many top players from India England NZ Australia SA play in the PSL?

You are clearly triggered by his statement. Must be some truth in it that hit your nerve.

You are clearly triggered by his statement. Must be some truth in it that hit your nerve.

Truth? Like? :))

I asked a question, how many top players from India Australia SA England NZ play the PSL?

PSL is a league of avg players beating their drum.

Everyone knows that PSL is nothing more than a low budget imitation of IPL. Rizwan would happily give up his PSL contract for an IPL contract because even if he is lowest paid player, he would still make more money from one IPL season than he would from a dozen PSLs.

We should not forget how much Pakistani players used to cry about not getting to play in IPL before PCB came up with the poor man’s IPL.

It is also interesting to note that Indian players don’t talk about how great the IPL is & how it is the best league in the world by a country mile. It is because they don’t need to state the obvious. They have nothing to prove.

On the contrary, Pakistan keeps making such statements to feel good about themselves & deluded themselves & the world that their cheap product has surpassed the IPL even though the vast majority of the top active players in the world avoid it like a plague.

Last edited by a moderator:
If Rizwan and Shan masood can be top scorers then it clearly isn’t the toughest leagues in the world

Everyone knows that PSL is nothing more than a low budget imitation of IPL. Rizwan would happily give up his PSL contract for an IPL contract because even if he is lowest paid player, he would still make more money from one IPL season than he would from a dozen PSLs.

We should not forget how much Pakistani players used to cry about not getting to play in IPL before PCB came up with the poor man’s IPL.

It is also interesting to note that Indian players don’t talk about how great the IPL is & how it is the best league in the world by a country mile. It is because they don’t need to state the obvious. They have nothing to prove.

On the contrary, Pakistan keeps making such statements to feel good about themselves & deluded themselves & the world that their cheap product has surpassed the IPL even though the vast majority of the top active players in the world avoid it like a plague.

Something tells me that, players are asked to give such statements to massage the ego of PCB.

Rizwan doesn't comes across as the kind of person to make such statements.

Something tells me that, players are asked to give such statements to massage the ego of PCB.

Rizwan doesn't comes across as the kind of person to make such statements.

What is he supposed to say? Can't throw his country under the bus, can he?

Everyone aside from a few deluded fans know the IPL is heads and shoulders above the competition.

I have said this before & I will say this again - if the Pakistan national team joins IPL as a franchise, they will not win the tournament.

It is Rizwan's opinion and he is entitled to have it. Let us leave it there and not worry about comparing leagues.
As long as we get to see good competitive games, that should be enough for us, the fans.

I have said this before & I will say this again - if the Pakistan national team joins IPL as a franchise, they will not win the tournament.

bro, to be fair, no national team can beat a franchise team. Thats how good franchise team could be

If Australian, Indian and English cricketers play PSL they will turn into tough world class performers. Sadly, they don't understand what Rizwan is trying to emphasize here.

You can't count India in that list.

Wrong statement. Most of the franchise teams would get beaten by one of top 8 teams 9 times out of 10. Franchises only have few star batsmen but they usually get exposed against good bowling teams. These stars feast on trundlers which international teams do not offer. Moreover, every franchise will have couple of rubbish domestic players who would be exposed badly against intl teams.

I dont get all this fuzz about having star international players in Leagues. The main purpose of leagues is to provide platform for domestic players of the country to showcase their talent. Having stars does not make a league successfull. It only makes it popular. If we compare ipl and psl in terms of producing players for international cricket, then i think psl is ahead of Ipl. India can have as many stars in ipl as they want but if their league does not give them players for indian team, then league is useless. It basically becomes a good paycheck for players. Useless for indian cricket team.

“Hamko pata hai ki PSL ne duniya ko hairaan kar diya hai. Shuru me baatein ho rahi thi ki PSL kaamyaab nahi hoga, but abhi hamein khud, as a player feel ho raha hai ki ye PSL ne kya dhoom macha di hai duniya me. Ham keh rahe hai ki IPL hai, but iss time duniya ke players se pucha jaye, jo yahan se khelke jaate hain, vo keh rahe hain ki duniya ki sabse tough league Pakistan ki hai. (PSL has stunned the entire world. There were talks earlier that PSL won't be successful, but even us, as a player, have felt that PSL is a success. The IPL is there, but if you ask any player around the world who has played in the PSL, he would say that Pakistan's league is the toughest in the world.),” Rizwan said during his interaction with reporters ahead of the draft.

“Idhar se koi reserve player bhi hota hai, toh vo bhi internationally bench pe baitha hota hai. Pakistan ki backup agar mazbooti se mil rahi hai, usme PSL ka bohot ahem kirdaar hai. (The players who are reserves here, they are sitting on the bench at the international level as well. Pakistan are getting good backup players, and PSL should get credit for that)"

https://www.hindustantimes.com/cric...kes-explosive-ipl-remark-101671118119941.html

What is the guy talking about when saying Multan play a different style of cricket to Pakistan team?

That statement is incorrect. They play in the exact same style with two accumulators at the start and then hope for the Middle order to pile on the runs

Multan seems like a deluded management

Wrong statement. Most of the franchise teams would get beaten by one of top 8 teams 9 times out of 10. Franchises only have few star batsmen but they usually get exposed against good bowling teams. These stars feast on trundlers which international teams do not offer. Moreover, every franchise will have couple of rubbish domestic players who would be exposed badly against intl teams.

The Islamabad team this is year is very strong.

Same old ego-massaging that has been regurgitated since 2017. Nothing to see here.

Rizwan bhai...how about first scoring some runs and winning the last match in a tough format which is called TEST CRICKET.

Why oh why, do Pakistani players have to do this. It's painful to watch.

IPL is by far the superior T20 League in the world. Everyone else is 2nd by a long shot.

If Indian national team plays in PSL it will not win the tournament either.There is nothing special about IPL except money.The standard of cricket is no better than BBL,PSL or Vitality
Blast.

Why oh why, do Pakistani players have to do this. It's painful to watch.

IPL is by far the superior T20 League in the world. Everyone else is 2nd by a long shot.
IPL is not the best league.A perception has been created that it is the best.Foreign players sing praises of IPL because of the money offered.Who wants to turn down a lucrative contract?.India definitely doesn’t want cricket to flourish in Pakistan.India was hoping that PSL would fail but it didn’t .This is the reason many Pakistanis speak against IPL.Pakistani players should not make comment about IPL or compare it with PSL.

What is he supposed to say? Can't throw his country under the bus, can he?

Everyone aside from a few deluded fans know the IPL is heads and shoulders above the competition.

Just say that PSL is a good league and fulfills its purpose for Pakistan cricket.

I dont get all this fuzz about having star international players in Leagues. The main purpose of leagues is to provide platform for domestic players of the country to showcase their talent. Having stars does not make a league successfull. It only makes it popular. If we compare ipl and psl in terms of producing players for international cricket, then i think psl is ahead of Ipl. India can have as many stars in ipl as they want but if their league does not give them players for indian team, then league is useless. It basically becomes a good paycheck for players. Useless for indian cricket team.

A T20 league isnt supposed to give players for test or ODIs. There is 100 year old Ranji trophy for that.

Secondly unfortunately Indian selectors dont select team on the basis of the IPL. Else Dhawan BK Axar Thakur Ashwin etc wont be in the team.

IPL is not the best league.A perception has been created that it is the best.Foreign players sing praises of IPL because of the money offered.Who wants to turn down a lucrative contract?.India definitely doesn’t want cricket to flourish in Pakistan.India was hoping that PSL would fail but it didn’t .This is the reason many Pakistanis speak against IPL.Pakistani players should not make comment about IPL or compare it with PSL.

Perception? Which league has most number of international players?

BCCI wanted it can sabotage PSL in a moment. They just need to offer players exclusivity contracts to limit their participation in PSL. IPL owners control 3 leagues now. PSL is not even in the race.

Anything is possible in such leagues as its just a money making business where match fixing is at its peak. Don't take even ipl so seriously, all the leagues are in the same level.

PSL's bowling is right up there with the best, but the batting isn't exactly great.

I know more foreign batters like Hales etc are signing up for it, but the Pakistani batting talent in the PSL is hardly great is it.

Less talking + preaching Mr Rizwan and more runs please.

A T20 league isnt supposed to give players for test or ODIs. There is 100 year old Ranji trophy for that.

Secondly unfortunately Indian selectors dont select team on the basis of the IPL. Else Dhawan BK Axar Thakur Ashwin etc wont be in the team.

A t20 league is supposed to give players for national t20 team.

And I have shut this joke of a statement of yours by showing you how Lahore lions destroyed Mumbai Indians 5 time IPL champions try again.

And I have shut this joke of a statement of yours by showing you how Lahore lions destroyed Mumbai Indians 5 time IPL champions try again.

The "bolnay mai kiya harj hai" system of statements ...

That Mumbai team was missing players due to injury and was the 4th ranked team of that years IPL. They hadn't won an IPL at that point.

It is like saying that anyone beating WI today will say we beat the WI team of 80s.

Another question would be, why do you feel the need to aggressively launch yourself into every thread where the IPL has received even a small amount of criticism.

Another question would be, why do you feel the need to aggressively launch yourself into every thread where the IPL has received even a small amount of criticism.

I am not an international cricketer talking to press about a league i am banned from. I as a fan is replying to the comments of a Pakistani cricketer talking about a league that runs in my country.

Not this again.

Lahore Lions, with plenty of international players, beat a weak Mumbai team who were without Rohit.

Mumbai had the following batting lineup:

Simmons
Hussey
Saxena
Rayudu
Tare
Pollard

That is a poor lineup. Hussey is the only quality top order batsman in that lineup but this match was in 2014 and he was finished by then.

Any half-decent T20 side would walk over this awful batting lineup.

In comparison, Lahore Lions had Shehzad, Jamshed, Hafeez and Umar Akmal. A more than decent lineup especially for 2014 and clearly better than Mumbai Indians’.

Mumbai had Bumrah but he was 21 year old at the time and nothing like the bowler he is today. He was not nothing special until 2016.

Mumbai was not a 5 time champion in 2014.

Seriously embarrassing. Why do Indian posters have to jump in every time Pakistani cricketer says good things about PSL.

What exactly is Rizwan expected to say ?

That PSL is inferior to IPL!

Let Pakistani fans decide whether Rizwan is correct or not

Not this again.

Lahore Lions, with plenty of international players, beat a weak Mumbai team who were without Rohit.

Mumbai had the following batting lineup:

Simmons
Hussey
Saxena
Rayudu
Tare
Pollard

That is a poor lineup. Hussey is the only quality top order batsman in that lineup but this match was in 2014 and he was finished by then.

Any half-decent T20 side would walk over this awful batting lineup.

In comparison, Lahore Lions had Shehzad, Jamshed, Hafeez and Umar Akmal. A more than decent lineup especially for 2014 and clearly better than Mumbai Indians’.

Mumbai had Bumrah but he was 21 year old at the time and nothing like the bowler he is today. He was not nothing special until 2016.

Mumbai was not a 5 time champion in 2014.

In T20s upsets are very common. Zimbabwe beat Pakistan, Holland beat South Africa. Ireland beat England. Does not mean they are better than them

Just like Saudi Arabia is not better than Argentina just bcoz they won against them in the World Cup. Not even most patriotic Audis will claim they are better than Argentina

Seriously embarrassing. Why do Indian posters have to jump in every time Pakistani cricketer says good things about PSL.

These same Indian posters also don't like when Indians criticise IPL. Probelm is with these sensitive indian posters who can't take criticism and want everybody to align with their opinion. :inti

I am not an international cricketer talking to press about a league i am banned from. I as a fan is replying to the comments of a Pakistani cricketer talking about a league that runs in my country.

Not every single discussion where India or IPL is mentioned in anything less than a 100% positive light requires your instantaneous presence waving your sword & shield about to come to the rescue.

Not every single discussion where India or IPL is mentioned in anything less than a 100% positive light requires your instantaneous presence waving your sword & shield about to come to the rescue.

Very cringeworthy

And fun part is most Indians don't take IPL so seriously as these fans pretend. Most people just watch IPL as time pass entertainment during the summer when there is nothing else available !

Maybe PCB should now think about putting a gag on Rizwan giving interviews

Embarrassing performances on the field do not back the bold claims he is usually making all the time.

Maybe PCB should now think about putting a gag on Rizwan giving interviews

Embarrassing performances on the field do not back the bold claims he is usually making all the time.

Rizwan is using test cricket to polish his T20 skills ahead of the PSL :bhatti

Why does he need to bring the IPL into the discussion?

Do Indian players talk about the PSL when talking about the IPL?

Why is IPL required to be mentioned everytime a Pakistani cricketer needs to talk about the PSL?

Why is it such a problem if he does? It's his opinion.

You can counter with, no he is wrong and these are the reasons.

Well may be bcoz iPL is actually the best. that's why everyone uses IPL as a benchmark. Like in football everyone is compared to Messi as a benchmark !

Why do you guys need to be so insecure and cringeworthy all the time ?

I totally agree.

Even though I think Rizwan's opinion is ridiculous. I think Joshila's approach as a wannabe "BCCI spokesperson" is just comes across as obnoxious and very nauseating. Not a good look.

Idiotic statement by an average batter who would not get to play in 1st 11 of IPL teams.

Back