"You can say that breaking the opening partnership with Babar Azam has caused some damage": Mohammad Rizwan

Rizwan should not say such stuff. It is like throwing all the blame on Shaheen Afridi that he broke the partnership that was doing wonders. Yes, Salman was right about what he said. Rizwan's presser was more like a defense in the court rather than a press conference for his team.

This statement from Rizwan means that he wasn't happy with the team management decisions. This is not good for team harmony.

This has to be the most disturbing statements from a Pakistani cricketer I have ever heard

I knew Rizwan was a bad apple however throwing a youngster under the bus just to bring back the most overrated partnership in the history of cricket, is something I wouldn't even expect from him

I was honestly optimistic about our future when Zaka over-through Babar, bought in Hafeez and Wahab, made Shan captain and was looking to take Pakistan away from Babar and his gang of three. However it looks like things are all the same.

Hanji breaking the opening partnership…

48 runs in 3 innings with a strike rate of 94 as an opener in the BPL. 2 sixes in 51 balls too mainly in the powerplay

When will this guy show some shame or his fans show some shame?!!

Why are Babar and Rizwan playing this league anyways with ILT20 going on which has clearly a much better international pedigree of cricketers?

Babar and Rizwan are preparing for the T20 World Cup playing BPL but these top cricketers are not preparing for the World Cup playing ILT20???

View attachment pRts9qrBSFfNKMo0.mp4

Babar and Rizwan induldged in a hilarious conversation on social media:

"Jaanab, aap ki shaadi kab hai? (Mr. when are you getting married?)," asked Rizwan.

"Mujhe pata that aapne yehi sawaal karenge. (I knew you would ask me this question?)," Babar replied.

"Abhi poocha hai toh jawaab dena padega aapko (Now that I have asked, you must answer the question)," Rizwan insisted.

"Murshid, aapko meian akele mein samjhata hoon (I will make you understand that in private)," Babar stated.

Babar further added: "Nowadays, when I wake up in the morning, I find that I am married to someone. People start congratulating me. Then again, in the evening I am married to someone else. People again congratulate me. So I am already married. Now you should focus on someone else."

"The truth is that my wife is more concerned about when is Babar getting married. She keeps asking me daily."

View attachment 141944

Babar and Rizwan induldged in a hilarious conversation on social media:

"Jaanab, aap ki shaadi kab hai? (Mr. when are you getting married?)," asked Rizwan.

"Mujhe pata that aapne yehi sawaal karenge. (I knew you would ask me this question?)," Babar replied.

"Abhi poocha hai toh jawaab dena padega aapko (Now that I have asked, you must answer the question)," Rizwan insisted.

"Murshid, aapko meian akele mein samjhata hoon (I will make you understand that in private)," Babar stated.

Babar further added: "Nowadays, when I wake up in the morning, I find that I am married to someone. People start congratulating me. Then again, in the evening I am married to someone else. People again congratulate me. So I am already married. Now you should focus on someone else."

"The truth is that my wife is more concerned about when is Babar getting married. She keeps asking me daily."

Murshid 😂😂

When Babar Azam calls you murshid, that's massive respect

While talking to the media during the SPL 2024 press conference, Pakistan all-rounder Iftikhar Ahmed backed Rizwan and Babar:

"You are right. A lot of burden falls on him when the average reaches 13, 14, or 15. But, Babar [Babar Azam] and Rizwan [Mohammad Rizwan] are not at fault in this. If we play well as a team, even small matters get attributed to Babar and Rizwan. They are our world-class players; we should all respect them. They both used to be world number one, and they still are world number one."

"Sometimes things don't go well in a match. I am also responsible if the team loses. I think we should blame the whole team in case of a loss rather than blaming Rizwan and Babar."

Zalmi coach speaks on Babar Azam’s batting spot in an interview:​

"We have no objections to Babar Azam playing in any position, but he prefers to open. Babar Azam is the team's captain and has performed well in the opening position,"

"We have a good pool of both international and local players, Mohammad Haris has matured and will play good cricket, we have tried to select the best squad,"

"Muhammad Yousuf has been included in the coaching staff, he will work with young cricketers and with us as a batting mentor. Umar Gul has also been invited to the camp,"

"In Peshawar Zalmi's squad, there are experienced and junior competent players, every year we try to pick good bowlers, and this year, too, we have picked good bowlers,"

"We desired to have more matches in Peshawar where our fans are more, and it is also our right because our fans have been waiting for matches at the home ground for a long time, and if not in Peshawar, then there should have been more matches in Rawalpindi,"

Zalmi coach speaks on Babar Azam’s batting spot in an interview:​

"We have no objections to Babar Azam playing in any position, but he prefers to open. Babar Azam is the team's captain and has performed well in the opening position,"

"We have a good pool of both international and local players, Mohammad Haris has matured and will play good cricket, we have tried to select the best squad,"

"Muhammad Yousuf has been included in the coaching staff, he will work with young cricketers and with us as a batting mentor. Umar Gul has also been invited to the camp,"

"In Peshawar Zalmi's squad, there are experienced and junior competent players, every year we try to pick good bowlers, and this year, too, we have picked good bowlers,"

"We desired to have more matches in Peshawar where our fans are more, and it is also our right because our fans have been waiting for matches at the home ground for a long time, and if not in Peshawar, then there should have been more matches in Rawalpindi,"
Hopefully Zalmi finishes last or second last

Sick and tired of these selfish captains

“He prefers to open”

The guy has a T20 strike rate of 120 and averages 60 balls per six in his career

The greatest fraud alongside his management company buddy in the history of this format! shameless T20 opener!

Last edited by a moderator:
If Pakistan wants to have any chance of winning the T20 World Cup, they need to realize that Saim Ayub and Mohammad Haris are the best two guys that they can put in the opening slot.

I've been very patient with the Babar-Rizwan opening combo. We all have. But it's time to accept the harsh reality that there is only one place for an anchor in the T20 team. And if it was up to me, it would be Babar at No. 3. We have persisted with this combination for two World Cups and you could argue that it cost us big time in both of the most crucial matches: the 2021 World Cup semi-final and the 2022 World Cup final.

If Pakistan wants to have any chance of winning the T20 World Cup, they need to realize that Saim Ayub and Mohammad Haris are the best two guys that they can put in the opening slot.

I've been very patient with the Babar-Rizwan opening combo. We all have. But it's time to accept the harsh reality that there is only one place for an anchor in the T20 team. And if it was up to me, it would be Babar at No. 3. We have persisted with this combination for two World Cups and you could argue that it cost us big time in both of the most crucial matches: the 2021 World Cup semi-final and the 2022 World Cup final.
I respectfully disagree and its all to do with cricketing logic/reasoning and not for any personal like or dislike for any player.

I respectfully disagree and its all to do with cricketing logic/reasoning and not for any personal like or dislike for any player.
I don't personally dislike Rizwan either. If anything, I love him and think he is one of our biggest assets. I just feel that his gameplay is not well-suited for the shortest format. Because he is a very limited off-side player and lacks the power-hitting ability which is why you can only really play him in one slot. However, when you consider the fact that there is a similar but better player following him at No.3 (Babar) and the fact that there are other openers like Saim, Haris and Fakhar who can score far more quickly in the first six overs, you realize that we are leaving runs on the table.

In the other two formats, Rizwan is an automatic pick for me. But in T20s, I don't feel the same way anymore.

I don't personally dislike Rizwan either. If anything, I love him and think he is one of our biggest assets. I just feel that his gameplay is not well-suited for the shortest format. Because he is a very limited off-side player and lacks the power-hitting ability which is why you can only really play him in one slot. However, when you consider the fact that there is a similar but better player following him at No.3 (Babar) and the fact that there are other openers like Saim, Haris and Fakhar who can score far more quickly in the first six overs, you realize that we are leaving runs on the table.

In the other two formats, Rizwan is an automatic pick for me. But in T20s, I don't feel the same way anymore.

Leading up to the Asia Cup in the UAE, just prior to the World Cup in Australia. Our T20 side was pretty good, ranked No1 if memory serves correctly.

The reason for our success seemed obvious at the time. We had a middle order that could finish off games. Malik in slow, spinning conditions, Hafeez batting at number 4 or below, Asif and even Fakhar coming in lower down. I still maintain that we lost in the semi final of the world cup in UAE due to poor captaincy than anything else, yes Hasan Ali's drop catch was a huge decider but taking off the spin blowers when the Aussies were 4 or 5 down and with the wicket spinning was, in my opinion, the biggest mistake of that match. We could and should have won that world cup.

However, fast forward to the Asia Cup and we lost two stalwarts in the middle order. Both Hafeez and Malik were gone, Fakhar was out of form and we had a brittle middle order. This created pressure on the openers (Babar & Rizwan).
Our failures from then on were not because of our opening pair but rather the lack of a strong, stable middle order.

Even in the World Cup in Australia, we lost to the eventual winners (England) largely because we were only 10-15 runs short and Shaheen (an inform Shaheen) went off injured.

People mention strike rates constantly in T20's, however when you get consistent openings stands at a reasonable click this is what any middle order batsman / hitter would want. A base from which to express their prowess. Unfortunately we have not been able to find these middle order batters. Rizwan or Babar coming in at 3 or 4 would just make it 20 for 1 or 2, whereas if these two opened it the likelihood of the number 3 or 4 batsman walking out when the score is 80 for 1 or 100 for 2 is far greater.

The other thing is that you play horses for courses which means by sending Babar or Rizwan lower down the order you force them to play in a way they are unaccustomed too. Babar especially who is more of a classical batsman who can take advantage of the fielding restrictions. It's also only 20 overs which means you would want your better players to play most of the innings and the hitters/sloggers to have to play as few overs as possible. Reason being is that the hitters we have are not of the calibre where they can score 50,60 or 70 off 30 deliveries consistently. They're just far too hit and miss.

So, in my opinion, don't mess with what isn't broken. Instead find some reliable middle batsmen.

Agree but if they play the likes of Haris and Saim, they need to be mentored and coached properly. All too often I have seen the likes of Saim come in blindly slog away. There has to be a method to the madness.

When he starts slogging blindly at every ball, he ends up putting one straight down the fielder's throat without any meaningful impact. He's got the shots, just need a bit more game awareness and some input from the coaches.

Why does no other country (top 6 ranked) side apply the same cricketing logic as Pakistan?

Agree but if they play the likes of Haris and Saim, they need to be mentored and coached properly. All too often I have seen the likes of Saim come in blindly slog away. There has to be a method to the madness.

When he starts slogging blindly at every ball, he ends up putting one straight down the fielder's throat without any meaningful impact. He's got the shots, just need a bit more game awareness and some input from the coaches.
You're not wrong but at the same time I feel guys like Saim and Haris need to be given a license to go out there and express themselves. You've got to let that youthful exuberance flow and let them show what makes them unique. Ofocurse that means that there will be alot of failures before there are successes...there will be alot of blind slogging and mindless batting too. But that comes with the territory when you go out and play that type of cricket. I think no matter how much you teach something, experience is the best teacher. These kids need an extended run at the top where they are given full confidence from the management and aren't scared of losing their place in the side.

The problem I feel with Pakistan is that we lose patience with players far too quickly. When a player with genuine talent comes around you have to back him blindly I feel. There's a reason why a player like Zak Crawley could never have played for Pakistan for more than a handful of tests. Even Finn Allen is a really good counterpoint. He had nothing but failures at the start of his T20I career but look at his numbers recently. He has established himself as a genuinely destructive and dangerous opening bat for New Zealand. All because he was given the backing to play his way.

Leading up to the Asia Cup in the UAE, just prior to the World Cup in Australia. Our T20 side was pretty good, ranked No1 if memory serves correctly.

The reason for our success seemed obvious at the time. We had a middle order that could finish off games. Malik in slow, spinning conditions, Hafeez batting at number 4 or below, Asif and even Fakhar coming in lower down. I still maintain that we lost in the semi final of the world cup in UAE due to poor captaincy than anything else, yes Hasan Ali's drop catch was a huge decider but taking off the spin blowers when the Aussies were 4 or 5 down and with the wicket spinning was, in my opinion, the biggest mistake of that match. We could and should have won that world cup.

However, fast forward to the Asia Cup and we lost two stalwarts in the middle order. Both Hafeez and Malik were gone, Fakhar was out of form and we had a brittle middle order. This created pressure on the openers (Babar & Rizwan).
Our failures from then on were not because of our opening pair but rather the lack of a strong, stable middle order.

Even in the World Cup in Australia, we lost to the eventual winners (England) largely because we were only 10-15 runs short and Shaheen (an inform Shaheen) went off injured.

People mention strike rates constantly in T20's, however when you get consistent openings stands at a reasonable click this is what any middle order batsman / hitter would want. A base from which to express their prowess. Unfortunately we have not been able to find these middle order batters. Rizwan or Babar coming in at 3 or 4 would just make it 20 for 1 or 2, whereas if these two opened it the likelihood of the number 3 or 4 batsman walking out when the score is 80 for 1 or 100 for 2 is far greater.

The other thing is that you play horses for courses which means by sending Babar or Rizwan lower down the order you force them to play in a way they are unaccustomed too. Babar especially who is more of a classical batsman who can take advantage of the fielding restrictions. It's also only 20 overs which means you would want your better players to play most of the innings and the hitters/sloggers to have to play as few overs as possible. Reason being is that the hitters we have are not of the calibre where they can score 50,60 or 70 off 30 deliveries consistently. They're just far too hit and miss.

So, in my opinion, don't mess with what isn't broken. Instead find some reliable middle batsmen.
I disagree. I think the conditions in UAE suited our side perfectly. Which is why we were able to do so well in that tournament. There's no doubting that we were the best team in that 2021 T20 World Cup, but then why weren't we able to win it? I know people love to make Hasan Ali the scapegoat of that loss but the simple fact is that we lost that match after we were 48-0 in the first 6 overs. And Babar's performance in that match of 39 (34) especially cost us. The only reason we were even able to get to 170+ was because of Fakhar Zaman. And look, if you are finishing your innings in a T20 match at 177-4 (or whatever it was) then it means that you didn't properly maximize your resources. When Australia were batting they always had the run-rate in-check. Again, Shadab pulled us back into the game. But 177 on that pitch---where the dew factor was a factor---was never enough against a side that batted deep.

In the 2022 World Cup final we didn't even have a par score. Our bowlers pulled us back into the game by bowling incredibly well. Especially Naseem. But that was never 137 even a competitive total in a World Cup final. And why did we end up with that total? Because yet again, our two most important batters completely failed us. Babar played another useless slow innings like he did in the 2021 Semi-Final. Whereas, Rizwan was completely feckless against Sam Curran and absolutely wasted the powerplay, after which we were playing catch-up throughout the innings.

Time and time again, we have relied on our bowlers to deliver in pressure matches. But it unrealistic to expect that they always will. Rizwan and Babar have played numerous great knocks at the top. But more often than not, they have dropped the ball in high-pressure matches. If we are saying that these guys are our most important players in T20 cricket than its natural to expect more from them than some of the other players. And yet they have gone missing when we have need them most be it the 2022 World Cup final, the 2021 T20 World Cup semi-final or the 2022 Asia Cup final.

Former Pakistan head coach Misbah-ul-Haq speaking on a local sports channel, he delved into the top-order dynamics:

"You know the top three: Babar Azam, Mohammad Rizwan, and Saim Ayub. I think Saim is at the top, then you should either place Babar at three or open with him, or let Rizwan play at three or open. Saim should be the opener because you need a left-hand, right-hand combination."

Former Pakistan head coach Misbah-ul-Haq speaking on a local sports channel, he delved into the top-order dynamics:

"You know the top three: Babar Azam, Mohammad Rizwan, and Saim Ayub. I think Saim is at the top, then you should either place Babar at three or open with him, or let Rizwan play at three or open. Saim should be the opener because you need a left-hand, right-hand combination."
Biggest hypocrite of the modern era

-Misbah ul Haq

Wasn't misbah the one who started the babar and rizwan partnership?

Dude backtracks way too much.

"sAIm ShOuLd Be ThE oPeNeR BeCaUsE yOu NeEd A lEfT-hAnD, rIgHt-HaNd CoMbInAtIoN" 🤡

Oh so now all of a sudden you want to split the combination of the two right-hand batsmen that you came up with?

"sAIm ShOuLd Be ThE oPeNeR BeCaUsE yOu NeEd A lEfT-hAnD, rIgHt-HaNd CoMbInAtIoN" 🤡

Oh so now all of a sudden you want to split the combination of the two right-hand batsmen that you came up with?

Misbah is the living definition of: If it ain't broke, destroy it. 👀

His agenda of destroying Sarfaraz’s team and his career has been achieved, so now he wants a left-right combination

The same guy who placed Fakhar at 3 and opened with Babar and Rizwan…now this hypocrite wants a left right combination

His agenda of destroying Sarfaraz’s team and his career has been achieved, so now he wants a left-right combination

The same guy who placed Fakhar at 3 and opened with Babar and Rizwan…now this hypocrite wants a left right combination
It's because babar was getting flack as an opener and rizzu won't give up opening position.

It's more so babar stepped down to 3 following mickey's original advice and misbah just agrees to the circumstances.

Pretty sure he still wants babar and rizwan to open if he still had power.

It's because babar was getting flack as an opener and rizzu won't give up opening position.

It's more so babar stepped down to 3 following mickey's original advice and misbah just agrees to the circumstances.

Agreed

Doesn’t have the cojones to say it openly now.

Not really sure how this statement is controversial. Saim Ayub was 17 when the Babar/Rizwan partnership began. Now that we finally have an opener with the potential to actually succeed at the top, it makes sense to try out new combos.

Pretty odd how you discount all of Babar/Rizwan's batting achievements because they were against "B and C sides" but somehow we should care about Sarfraz's T20 achievements of captaining a side that was also beating "B and C sides." Not to mention that he was a much worse batsmen and wicket keeper than Rizwan - Sarfraz has both a lower average and strike rate.

Thankfully, the difference in class was pretty clearly seen by the whole world in the recent Australian Test series.

Not really sure how this statement is controversial. Saim Ayub was 17 when the Babar/Rizwan partnership began. Now that we finally have an opener with the potential to actually succeed at the top, it makes sense to try out new combos.
Nonsense

We had Fakhar throughout

We had Sharjeel throughout

These two were the pair that should have been invested in and played as openers. Proper white ball openers

If it was up to this fraud Misbah, he would have tried to make Shan Masood and Imam ul Haq work for Pakistan before Fakhar and Sharjeel. He has no clue about modern white ball cricket. The only thing he is good at is destroying careers

Agreed

Doesn’t have the cojones to say it openly now.

He’ll say anything to make himself look credible because he wants to get his old job back as Head Coach of the PCB (God forbid). He’s a cunning individual but I’m afraid PCB will fall for it within the next 5 years and bow down to him.

Listen to this fraud yourselves

I had to stop watching after the 30 seconds because this was too painful to watch. Look at the arrogance and the smirks of his, acting as if he’s some sort of messiah of the Pakistan cricketing world.

But real recognises real and you can see his ill intent behind the smirk.

Pretty odd how you discount all of Babar/Rizwan's batting achievements because they were against "B and C sides" but somehow we should care about Sarfraz's T20 achievements of captaining a side that was also beating "B and C sides." Not to mention that he was a much worse batsmen and wicket keeper than Rizwan - Sarfraz has both a lower average and strike rate.

Thankfully, the difference in class was pretty clearly seen by the whole world in the recent Australian Test series.
Babar and Rizwan can score a 300 run partnership opening and I will continue to scream it is pathetic and they shouldn’t be opening!

It is wrong, this is not the game of cricket that I love and respect!!!

He’ll say anything to make himself look credible because he wants to get his old job back as Head Coach of the PCB (God forbid). He’s a cunning individual but I’m afraid PCB will fall for it within the next 5 years and bow down to him.
Exactly

He only has his sights set on destroying Pakistan cricket

Nonsense

We had Fakhar throughout

These two were the pair that should have been invested in and played as openers. Proper white ball openers

If it was up to this fraud Misbah, he would have tried to make Shan Masood and Imam ul Haq work for Pakistan before Fakhar and Sharjeel. He has no clue about modern white ball cricket. The only thing he is good at is destroying careers
Fakhar Zaman was absolutely horrible as a T20 opener and the reason he was dropped down from opening was because of his continuous failures. Sharjeel Khan was banned from cricket due to spot fixing when the Babar Rizwan opening pair began and was still banned for the first two years after it started. He has not even been good enough to make it back to PSL after his comeback.

Alhumdulliah that he destroyed sarfraz's career. Would always be thankful for him for this alone.

Nonsense

We had Fakhar throughout

Shan Masood and Imam does sound like a Misbah opening combination.

Babar and Rizwan can score a 300 run partnership opening and I will continue to scream it is pathetic and they shouldn’t be opening!

It is wrong, this is not the game of cricket that I love and respect!!!
I want a Saim Ayub/Mohammad Haris opening pair. The annoying thing though is when fans pretend like we had all of these world class openers sitting on the bench - that's simply not true.

Fakhar Zaman was absolutely horrible as a T20 opener and the reason he was dropped down from opening was because of his continuous failures. Sharjeel Khan was banned from cricket due to spot fixing when the Babar Rizwan opening pair began and was still banned for the first two years after it started. He has not even been good enough to make it back to PSL after his comeback.
That’s all you need to know, and that’s enough I need to know about your knowledge of the game.

Don’t argue with me on this topic.

Rizwan can bat left handed and will still be better than sarfraz. Rizwan is Pakistan greatest wk by a mile for a reason. The sarfraz etc are not fit to tie his shoelaces.

That’s all you need to know, and that’s enough I need to know about your knowledge of the game.

Don’t argue with me on this topic.
You should humble yourself after how badly Rizwan destroyed all of your predictions in the Australian Test Series.

You should humble yourself after how badly Rizwan destroyed all of your predictions in the Australian Test Series.
What by losing 3-0???

How about you Rizwan fans humble yourself when claiming he is as good as Gilchrist or Dhoni???

What by losing 3-0???

How about you Rizwan fans humble yourself when claiming he is as good as Gilchrist or Dhoni???

After losing 3-0, what these fans really want is for us to cut cake after the series to celebrate Rizwan’s 50s and share these pics on PP.

What by losing 3-0???

No one thinks he’s Gilchrist, he’s just clearly better than Sarfraz and any other Pakistani wicket keeper in recent times - maybe ever.

After losing 3-0, what these fans really want is for us to cut cake after the series to celebrate Rizwan’s 50s and share these pics on PP.
You guys were all desperately hoping he would fail and arguing Sarfraz is better then Sarfraz was horrible and the entire world was laughing at the fact that he got picked over Rizwan for the first Test.

Give it time

Watch these Rizwan/Babar fan boys change their tune in every format. They stand for nothing

What by losing 3-0???

Rizwan wasn't in the first test tbf. He was in 2nd and 3rd

Alhumdulliah that he destroyed sarfraz's career. Would always be thankful for him for this alone.
Yes and well done for destroying Pakistan cricket too in the process. Of course you are secretly thankful for that too.

What by losing 3-0???

By averaging 48 at a 70 SR in Australia right after Sarfraz scored 3 runs and then 4 runs in the second innings.

You guys were all desperately hoping he would fail and arguing Sarfraz is better then Sarfraz was horrible and the entire world was laughing at the fact that he got picked over Rizwan for the first Test.
He will fail. If not today, tomorrow. He will fail. And when he fails, Pakistan will rise.

You've made 2 false assumptions here:

1. I don't hope for Rizwan to fail.
2. When did I say Sarfraz was better?

By averaging 48 at a 70 SR in Australia right after Sarfraz scored 3 runs and then 4 runs in the second innings.
Yeah even Umar Akmal has these kinds of numbers in Australia. The result? Nothing. Pakistan lost 3-0 every time.

We were the laughing stock of the entire world when Sarfraz got chosen over Rizwan in the 1st Test. I still remember listening to all of the Australian commentators laughing during the 2nd Test at how we could possibly have made that mistake in the 1st Test.

Rizwan is obviously better then sarfraz. Sarfraz currently is old and weary, rizwan is way younger and fitter.

Rizwan just sends a bad message that's all. Mainly cause he plays for himself and uses his influence to hog certain positions such as being a frustrating opener in t20 or a no 4 in odi. Sarfraz never did that, one played for the team the other doesn't.

Although I'll give him credit, this psl, he hasn't slowed down for his milestones in most occasions.

But as I said earlier, I don't rate franchise as a measuring tool.

Edit: Rizwan > Current Sarfraz, not prime 2014/2015 Sarfi.

You've made 2 false assumptions here:

1. I don't hope for Rizwan to fail.
2. When did I say Sarfraz was better?
You responded to a discussion about how Misbah ruined all of Sarfraz’s achievements by selecting Rizwan.

We were the laughing stock of the entire world when Sarfraz got chosen over Rizwan in the 1st Test. I still remember listening to all of the Australian commentators laughing during the 2nd Test at how we could possibly have made that mistake in the 1st Test.
We were a laughing stock throughout the 2023 World Cup where Rizwan cried for the no.4 spot

The greatest, most humiliating Pakistan campaign in its history

Rizwan is obviously better then sarfraz. Sarfraz currently is old and weary, rizwan is way younger and fitter.

Rizwan just sends a bad message that's all. Mainly cause he plays for himself and uses his influence to hog certain positions such as being a frustrating opener in t20 or a no 4 in odi. Sarfraz never did that, one played for the team the other doesn't.

Although I'll give him credit, this psl, he hasn't slowed down for his milestones in most occasions.

But as I said earlier, I don't rate franchise as a measuring tool.

Edit: Rizwan > Current Sarfraz, not prime 2014/2015 Sarfi.
Check the numbers out for how good “prime” Sarfraz was. He batted much slower than Rizwan does. In T20, he had a SR of 114 in 2014 and 121 and 2015.

Current Rizwan is way better than Sarfraz ever was. Rizwan also has higher averages in every single SENA country in Test cricket without even mentioning that Rizwan is a far superior wicket keeper. Rizwan literally has the highest average in SENA for any Asian wicket keeper ever.

We were a laughing stock throughout the 2023 World Cup where Rizwan cried for the no.4 spot

The greatest, most humiliating Pakistan campaign in its history
Our only memorable win in that entire campaign was when Rizwan carried us to the highest chase in WC history.

Check the numbers out for how good “prime” Sarfraz was. He batted much slower than Rizwan does. In T20, he had a SR of 114 in 2014 and 121 and 2015.
Oh for crying out loud stop comparing players who play for their team in a batting position as compared to those that play for themselves through favours done on them by agenda based coaches!!!

Stop spreading nonsense here

Yeah even Umar Akmal has these kinds of numbers in Australia. The result? Nothing. Pakistan lost 3-0 every time.
I agree, our chances would have been much higher with Sarfraz playing all 3 matches. His 3 runs in the first innings and 4 runs in the second innings were much much more impactful and important.

Oh for crying out loud stop comparing players who play for their team in a batting position as compared to those that play for themselves through favours done on them by agenda based coaches!!!

Stop spreading nonsense here
The entire world is a conspiracy against Sarfraz and Rizwan is a brilliant mastermind who has seized control of all of Pakistani cricket.

I wanna clear a few misconceptions. From both sides.

1) Most of us agree rizwan > Sarfraz. He obviously would be. Rizwan has playing constantly for a while now while sarfi has been in and out since 2019.

Theirs also a massive age gap, it's unfair to compare someone in their 30's to someone in their 40's especially when the person in his 40's hasn't even played properly for years and has been a bechboy. It was never about who's superior.

2) Sarfi > Rizzu when it comes to representing Pakistan. Sarfi played for the team, the whole hogging opening or no 4 was never an issue with sarfi. And lastly fluke or not, or whatever excuse people have, we won ct 2017 under sarfi and in 2019 albeit an extremely disappointing campaign, it was a far better campaign then 2023 wc, 2023 was a livid nightmare.

Sarfi has a more inspiring story and represents team spirit. Rizwan doesn't represent it at all.

Against Sri Lanka who EVERYONE whooped?!!!!
Don’t know if you know this but wins against Sri Lanka in the group stage count for the same number of points as a win against Australia. Without Rizwan we would not even have beat Sri Lanka.

Current Rizwan is way better than Sarfraz ever was. Rizwan also has higher averages in every single SENA country in Test cricket without even mentioning that Rizwan is a far superior wicket keeper. Rizwan literally has the highest average in SENA for any Asian wicket keeper ever.
Stats argument falls apart when you look at the players and bowlers both of them individually faced.

Don’t know if you know this but wins against Sri Lanka in the group stage count for the same number of points as a win against Australia. Without Rizwan we would not even have beat Sri Lanka.
Without Asif Ali, Pakistan would not have beaten Afghanistan and New Zealand in 2021

Our only memorable win in that entire campaign was when Rizwan carried us to the highest chase in WC history.

My friend.

Never argue with a fool, as the only outcome is that you end up with two fools.

The reality is that Rizwan is top of the charts in all matters related to Pakistan cricket. Denial is a strong drug, but you can't run and hide from the truth forever. It will always find you.

Those with cricketing learning difficulties are once again left crying over their keyboards over one man who lives rent free in their heads.

Nobody is dropping Rizwan, nobody is demoting him down the order, and as it stands nobody can beat him.

I love it. Here's to many more years of Mohammad Rizwan :ROFLMAO:

I wanna clear a few misconceptions. From both sides.

1) Most of us agree rizwan > Sarfraz. He obviously would be. Rizwan has playing constantly for a while now while sarfi has been in and out since 2019.

Theirs also a massive age gap, it's unfair to compare someone in their 30's to someone in their 40's especially when the person in his 40's hasn't even played properly for years and has been a bechboy. It was never about who's superior.

2) Sarfi > Rizzu when it comes to representing Pakistan. Sarfi played for the team, the whole hogging opening or no 4 was never an issue with sarfi. And lastly fluke or not, or whatever excuse people have, we won ct 2017 under sarfi and in 2019 albeit an extremely disappointing campaign, it was a far better campaign then 2023 wc, 2023 was a livid nightmare.

Sarfi has a more inspiring story and represents team spirit. Rizwan doesn't represent it at all.
I don’t think that’s a fair comparison because we did not win the 2017 CT Trophy due to Sarfraz’s batting and Rizwan was not captain in the 2023 WC. If anything, we could compare Sarfraz’s 2017 CT to Babar Azam’s captaincy in 2023. Sarfraz was better in that regard although we lost in 2023 more so because of the lack of good spin options and out of form fast bowling.

Also, I don’t really understand this conversation about “spirit.” Rizwan is a better batsmen in T20, ODI, and Test than Sarfraz ever was as well as a better wicket keeper. And there’s no evidence that Rizwan is somehow bad for Pakistan’s spirit. It seems that all of the other players in the team like him and he’s one of the most successful captains in PSL, especially this season. The issue is that some people on this forum have created the conspiracy theory that Rizwan is the all powerful string master who controls all of Pakistani cricket from the shadow. If he was so powerful, he would never have been dropped from the Test squad so quickly to begin with.

Sarfraz was only a good batsmen in Test matches in the low and slow pitches in UAE.

Stats argument falls apart when you look at the players and bowlers both of them individually faced.
Rizwan faced Pat Cummins, Starc, Hazlewood, and Lyon and dominated while Sarfraz got out for 3 runs and 4 runs against the exact same attack. Also in Test cricket teams almost always play their full strength bowling attack and even in New Zealand/England they faced almost the same attacks and Rizwan was 10000x better.

Also I’m not even arguing that Rizwan is somehow the greatest T20 player in the world. I want an opening pair of Saim Ayub and Mohammad Haris. I just do not think Rizwan was holding some world class talent out of the side. Now that we have Saim Ayub who seems to have all the shots and ability, I want Saim to always open ahead of Rizwan and/or Babar.

But just look at Pakistani batting records in any format in recent times. Rizwan has been one of our best performers and he’s been one of the best performing wicket keeper batsmen in Pakistan’s history - particularly in SENA in Test where he has the highest average of any Asian WK ever.

I don’t think that’s a fair comparison because we did not win the 2017 CT Trophy due to Sarfraz’s batting and Rizwan was not captain in the 2023 WC. If anything, we could compare Sarfraz’s 2017 CT to Babar Azam’s captaincy in 2023. Sarfraz was better in that regard although we lost in 2023 more so because of the lack of good spin options and out of form fast bowling.

Also, I don’t really understand this conversation about “spirit.” Rizwan is a better batsmen in T20, ODI, and Test than Sarfraz ever was as well as a better wicket keeper. And there’s no evidence that Rizwan is somehow bad for Pakistan’s spirit. It seems that all of the other players in the team like him and he’s one of the most successful captains in PSL, especially this season. The issue is that some people on this forum have created the conspiracy theory that Rizwan is the all powerful string master who controls all of Pakistani cricket from the shadow. If he was so powerful, he would never have been dropped from the Test squad so quickly to begin with.

Sarfraz was only a good batsmen in Test matches in the low and slow pitches in UAE.
I somewhat agree with you, but here's the issue.

It's not just rizwan, it's babar and the whole 2023 team that doesn't represent the Pakistani spirit.

2017 ct, we did fluke a bit at the start, similar to how Australia in this WC also fluked or relied on one hit maxwell wonders

However the similarity is that when both teams managed to crawl into semi and finals, they more or less breezed.

2017 ct and 2023 wc had a United pak and aus team where everyone knew their roles and game plan.

That's not the case for pak 2023, as first off every player was delusional calling themselves no 1( Iftikhar Ahmed interview) and their was no clear role in the team.

Sheddy and nawaz were terrible in the asia cup, worst spinners but babar defended them to the point if delusion, any normal person would have just chosen abrar due to his performances.

Fakhar had no clear role, management had zero confidence and brought him back last minister for a 60 ball 100 miracle.

Saud was out of position the whole cup etc etc

Rizwan is a Part of the 2023 cup and the whole team is to blame Including rizwan for this endevour. He's a reflection of what greed and delusion did this cup, so is babar and so is shadab and iftikhar etc.

Rizwan faced Pat Cummins, Starc, Hazlewood, and Lyon and dominated while Sarfraz got out for 3 runs and 4 runs against the exact same attack. Also in Test cricket teams almost always play their full strength bowling attack and even in New Zealand/England they faced almost the same attacks and Rizwan was 10000x better.
This is current test stats which I agree with. But if you're looking at past and present then fair.

It's not just rizwan, it's babar and the whole 2023 team that doesn't represent the Pakistani spirit.

2017 ct, we did fluke a bit at the start, similar to how Australia in this WC also fluked or relied on one hit maxwell wonders

However the similarity is that when both teams managed to crawl into semi and finals, they more or less breezed.

2017 ct and 2023 wc had a United pak and aus team where everyone knew their roles and game plan.

That's not the case for pak 2023, as first off every player was delusional calling themselves no 1( Iftikhar Ahmed interview) and their was no clear role in the team.

Sheddy and nawaz were terrible in the asia cup, worst spinners but babar defended them to the point if delusion, any normal person would have just chosen abrar due to his performances.

Fakhar had no clear role, management had zero confidence and brought him back last minister for a 60 ball 100 miracle.

Rizwan is a Part of the 2023 cup and the whole team is to blame Including rizwan for this endevour. He's a reflection of what greed and delusion did this cup, so is babar and so is shadab and iftikhar etc.
So so good bro

I’m amazed you put in an effort to make sense here. Although the people you are addressing are not willing to listen to this reality.

I think we disagree on the reasons for losing the WC. I think it’s more so because we haven’t found a good spinner in any format for a while - finally it seems like Abrar Ahmed is pretty decent. Additionally, our fast bowlers all for injured before the WC. Naseem Shah was out, Rauf picked up a small injury and returned, and Shaheen Shah returned from injury and was rushed into the side and only now so much later is he regaining form.

Fakhar is one of my favorite ODI batsmen but he was also completely horrible for so long that he deserved to be dropped and after he dropped and came back he performed better. Fakhar was horrible for almost a full year of batting but was still backed, eventually though when he was failing even against lower ranked teams it was definitely time for him to get a break/rest.

2017 I think our team was also just overall much stronger. Babar and Fakhar were in great form, Hafeez was in great form, and Shadab was brilliant before he became just a T20 bowler. Back then it also looked like Hasan Ali would be one of the best bowlers in the world.

Back