"You can say that breaking the opening partnership with Babar Azam has caused some damage": Mohammad Rizwan

Don’t forget Mohammed Siraj is better than peak Waqar Younis according to the same guy.

So even if Babar/Rizwan thrash his team as openers, oh wait, 152-0 they did, or if Babar/Rizwan score centuries, there will always be someone better according to Indian supporters, even if they’re not conceived yet.
What surely this is a joke. Siraj better than waqar. Even sensible Indians who believe that. Brings me to my point again these same posters bend over backwards to please their Indian masters. Here is a prime example if true.

Zeehan Ashraf and Mohammad Aklhaq should never be compared to Rizwan

You cannot compare two decent domestic batsmen with a legside hack who in a fair world wouldn’t even make it to the Waziristan U19 second XI

I stick by that Imad is poor man's nawaz. Nawaz has far more potential than Imad.

After the PSL final, you retracted this and acknowledged that Imad proved you wrong.

Now that you've gone back to square one, you've just proven that you always had anti-Imad agenda but were hiding it because you couldn't handle the backlash.

After the PSL final, you retracted this and acknowledged that Imad proved you wrong.

Now that you've gone back to square one, you've just proven that you always had anti-Imad agenda but were hiding it because you couldn't handle the backlash.
I said Imad deserved to be picked ahead of him because he performed. Imad performed and is rightfully selected. I believe Abdullah shafique is miles ahead of Usman Khan as a batsmen but because Usman Khan performed he deserves his chance.

Would have been a great t20 batsmen.

I agree. So the point is you have to be careful when it comes to relying on just stats. Imran Nazir didn't have the best stats but you could see that he had immense ability when you look at his hundred against Ambrose and Walsh. You need serious ability to play an innings like that. The problem was he was very poorly coached.

I agree. So the point is you have to be careful when it comes to relying on just stats. Imran Nazir didn't have the best stats but you could see that he had immense ability when you look at his hundred against Ambrose and Walsh. You need serious ability to play an innings like that. The problem was he was very poorly coached.
Yes but the players in question are bang average for domestic level. They can't even get into PSL teams. You must have seen Kamran akmals keeping these guys make him look the greatest wk of all time.

I find it hard to believe you. I think you like anchors as openers.
I have said many times find players with potential and give them a go. Just like I am in favour of Saim. You find another one similar to him. Babar should drop down too.

Yes but the players in question are bang average for domestic level. They can't even get into PSL teams. You must have seen Kamran akmals keeping these guys make him look the greatest wk of all time.

Imam-ul-Haq can't get into a PSL side but I bet you support him playing ODIs.

For me, no one should play for any white ball Pakistan team if they can't get selected for PSL because this is Pakistan's premier white ball competition.

Imam-ul-Haq can't get into a PSL side but I bet you support him playing ODIs.

For me, no one should play for any white ball Pakistan team if they can't get selected for PSL because this is Pakistan's premier white ball competition.
We are talking about t20s not odis and no I am not in favour of Imam he should be replaced by Saim or Abdullah.

I have said many times find players with potential and give them a go. Just like I am in favour of Saim. You find another one similar to him. Babar should drop down too.
You don’t like any of my recommendations? You laugh and make fun of my recommendations? How can I convince you?

Right, you won’t accept that I actually want Fakhar and Sharjeel.

You won’t accept that I will compromise on Saud and Sahibzada just so you can’t say they are over the hill.

Well, you want youngsters with Saim like Potential? Now let’s see you laugh at me when I say Ammad Alam and Khwaja Nafay… You probably hate them because they are from Karachi.

Last edited by a moderator:
You don’t like any of my recommendations? You laugh and make fun of my recommendations? How can I convince you?

Right, you won’t accept that I actually want Fakhar and Sharjeel.

You won’t accept that I will compromise on Saud and Sahibzada just so you can’t say they are over the hill.

Well, you want youngsters with Saim like Potential? Now let’s see you laugh at me when I say Ammad Alam and Khwaja Nafay…you probably hate them because they are from Karachi.
I was in favour of ammad alam getting a go against NZ when we played in earlier. I like him but I don't think he will succeed. Khawaja nafay has potential but hasn't played much cricket.

Sharjeel is a ttf and a fixer. Fakhar was given a million chances at opening and flopped. You cry about rizwan having 3.

We are talking about t20s not odis and no I am not in favour of Imam he should be replaced by Saim or Abdullah.

If you've watched cricket long enough, you would know that it's widely accepted that ODIs have become an extension of 20 over cricket in recent times, so the fundamentals are very much the same.

I'm not saying that any ODI prospect should be judged merely by PSL but if they are to considered as a prospect in ODIs and/or T20Is, they should be able to nail down a spot in Pakistan's premier white ball tournament, PSL. If they can't do that, they'll never be good enough to play in any white ball format at international level.

I was in favour of ammad alam getting a go against NZ when we played in earlier. I like him but I don't think he will succeed. Khawaja nafay has potential but hasn't played much cricket.

Sharjeel is a ttf and a fixer. Fakhar was given a million chances at opening and flopped. You cry about rizwan having 3.
You asked for Saim like potential…I gave you names…now you say you like them but they won’t succeed

Why this pointless exercise?

You asked for Saim like potential…I gave you names…now you say you like them but they won’t succeed

Why this pointless exercise?
Ammad is good but no way near Saim level same with Khawaja nafay. Saim has performed in all formats in domestic none of these guys have.

If you've watched cricket long enough, you would know that it's widely accepted that ODIs have become an extension of 20 over cricket in recent times, so the fundamentals are very much the same.

I'm not saying that any ODI prospect should be judged merely by PSL but if they are to considered as a prospect in ODIs and/or T20Is, they should be able to nail down a spot in Pakistan's premier white ball tournament, PSL. If they can't do that, they'll never be good enough to play in any white ball format at international level.
But according to you early you haven't seen enough of zeeshan Malik to comment to know whether he's better than rizwan or not. Now you are saying if they can't get into PSL they won't be good enough. So which one is it?

Because there’s a lack of faith that Babar thinks he will be replaced by a good opener. He’s rather open than be an early wicket down, rebuilding coming at 3. And to be fair didn’t Kohli open for a bit in t20s?

Even in PZ it wasn’t a question of Babar opening for him. It was whether Haris or Saim should open alongside. First Haris was tried then Saim. Because deep down Babar thinks he’s the best opener out of the three. If he thought Saim-Haris opening was good enough, Babar would have played at 3 himself.

Until these guys succeed in international cricket, that view of Babar’s isn’t going to change.
No babar is thinking more so along the lines of

Opening yummy, opening milestone gimmie gimmie

I said Imad deserved to be picked ahead of him because he performed. Imad performed and is rightfully selected. I believe Abdullah shafique is miles ahead of Usman Khan as a batsmen but because Usman Khan performed he deserves his chance.
Abdullah Shafiq is miles ahead of usman khan as a batsmen? In which planet are you living in?

Wake me up when Usman Khan gets selected for a test squad let alone play some of the knocks which Abdullah has played.

This is the same board that claimed saim ayub isn't allowed in the odi world cup team because he's inexperienced yet allowed Abdullah a dude who has even less List A experience only 7 to play A WORLD CUP.

Abdullah had barely any test or list A experience, he was drafted in because Babar admired his technique and he's a part of the friend group

Last edited by a moderator:
I think we should be talking about Rizwan and Babar's opening stuff. These Abdullah and Imam chat is gonna derail the whole thing.

This is the same board that claimed saim ayub isn't allowed in the odi world cup team because he's inexperienced yet allowed Abdullah a dude who has even less List A experience only 7 to play A WORLD CUP.

Abdullah had barely any test or list A experience, he was drafted in because Babar admired his technique and he's a part of the friend group
Has Usman been picked yet. If not wake me up when he does.

If Babar becomes captain again he will surely use his power to bring back Rizwan as his opening partner. If this happens so get ready to see all Powerplays spoiled during the World Cup.
Azhar Mahmood has said they will try out different combos so lets see what happens weather permitting.

Azhar Mahmood has said they will try out different combos so lets see what happens weather permitting.

All the combos will have Rizwan and Babar playing so that they can thrash this miserable NZ C side with fans going goo goo gaa gaa.

All the combos will have Rizwan and Babar playing so that they can thrash this miserable NZ C side with fans going goo goo gaa gaa.
The combo is basically 1 different opener, and Babar+Rizwan at 2 and 3.

Those two will bat in top 3 regardless

Back