"You can say that breaking the opening partnership with Babar Azam has caused some damage": Mohammad Rizwan

MenInG

PakPassion Administrator
Staff member
Runs
Mohammad Rizwan speaking in post game presser:

Question to Mohammad Rizwan about whether breaking up the Babar-Rizwan opening partnership in T20Is has caused damage

"You can say that this has caused some damage, and you will see a few more of such cases".

"As I have said before, the team management including the captain and team director Mohammad Hafeez have spoken about this."

"Here I will mention the fact that Babar Azam is very generous as he told the team management that breaking the opening combination was not an issue and that they should do what they feel is right."

"The people of Pakistan are wondering why we broke something which was working fine but the team management is looking at what the best outcome can be from this sort of change."

"Shaheen Shah Afridi and Mohammad Hafeez has never said that we won't be featuring as openers in the future, all they are saying is that we are looking to see if we can get something better out of this exercise because we already have you players who have performed so well in the past."

"People may not like what they are seeing about breaking up this opening partnership, but this is all part of finding something better and a rotation policy."

About poor performance of the team

"The people of Pakistan have pointed out this, but I believe that the management is trying to take out what is best leading up to the World Cup."

"I personally don't like losing. But many teams lose in different situations when they're trying to find their best combinations."

On Saim Ayub

"We all are waiting for one big knock, but he has something different. I think at the international level, players need some time."

About missing his century:

"I'm never concerned about whether I get to a century or not. You have to play according to the team's requirements. In the middle overs, it looked a bit difficult to bat. When Iftikhar came to bat, he said to forget the previous matches where 230 was scored and that this was a different pitch, and we should think around 150. I'm not concerned about going for the hundred and I just look to fulfil the team's requirements."

So he threw the blame on Ifti also.
Someone is batting there since ball one, he should have more idea about the pitch than the one coming in.
He didn't throw the blame. If you observed Iftikhar's innings there was no intent. He wanted to take singles and couldn't even do that at a run a ball.

So he couldnt judge whether it was 150 pitch or 200 pitch by himself despite batting for nearly 11 hours.

And off course he is bitterly disappointed about his 100.

He just cant say it loud.

So he couldnt judge whether it was 150 pitch or 200 pitch by himself despite batting for nearly 11 hours.

And off course he is bitterly disappointed about his 100.

He just cant say it loud.

Think some others seem more interested in his hundreds as it could prove them wrong

Player is fine - he did what he could and played well.

Make this guy captain and be done with it.

Want him right in the firing line. Let it be clear once and for all.

Rizwan must be officially banned by PCB to attend press conferences & even post-match interviews.
It's amusing this guy after playing 88 T20Is and for 11 overs took an advise from current biggest failure in Pakistan cricket Iftikhar. Secondly, he is playing at position of his choice, how can he express displeasure in public about breaking opening combination? His job is to perform for the team and winning the game at whatever position he is playing. Bab-Riz partnership has not won any international tournament, so there is absolutely no need for whining & whinging like this in media. Accept the fact that team performed badly and move on to the next game

Very poor answers. No need to blame Ifti at all as Rizwan was batting from ball one.

Secondly he never 'missed' a century. You could say that if he was unlucky. The guy had plenty of time to score it but wasn't capable of it today.

Blame the one guy who’s scoring runs in all formats.. have Ayub Ifty azam & co gone on a holiday.

At least in the 90s when Pak lost you knew they took a bung or two. This team is beyond hopeless.

"The people of Pakistan are wondering why we broke something which was working fine"

"People may not like what they are seeing about breaking up this opening partnership"

"The people of Pakistan have pointed out this"

This guy is comfortably the most PR minded cricketer ever lol. Kohli , Dhoni too had it but it's a lot more subtle and abstract but this guy's just pretentious and cringe.

Rizwan paints himself as a selfless Islamic warrior who fights through injury and illness, and will do anything asked of him.

Yet occasionally the mask slips and he reveals his true thoughts. Either that or he isn't smart enough like many of our cricketers to parry questions that can provoke headlines. Several problematic quotes here.

"As I have said before, the team management including the captain and team director Mohammad Hafeez have spoken about this."
Aren't you part of the team management as VC ?

"Here I will mention the fact that Babar Azam is very generous as he told the team management that breaking the opening combination was not an issue and that they should do what they feel is right."
Bizarre implication here that Babar is a selfless team player by moving down a spot, whereas Rizwan isn't ?

"The people of Pakistan are wondering why we broke something which was working fine but the team management is looking at what the best outcome can be from this sort of change."
The people of Pakistan, i.e. me.

When Iftikhar came to bat, he said to forget the previous matches where 230 was scored and that this was a different pitch, and we should think around 150. I'm not concerned about going for the hundred and I just look to fulfil the team's requirements."
Translation: You're not good enough to bat at a quicker SR so you must find excuses including teammates, management, pitches or injuries. And I didn't think Rizwan played a bad innings today.

Rizwan should take a cue from Javed Miandad. He and Imran weren't close personally, but whenever he returned to the ranks after captaining in Imran's absence he gave him unstinting loyalty as VC. That's the difference between selflessness and phoney piety.

Does ifty really said that or rizwan throwing him under the bus as a vc and senior. How dare he questions his team's strategy in public. It's time for pak mgmnt to show few people's real place . 90's team politics is coming back with out talented players is the worst thing.

The signs of true haters - criticize a guy when he fails, criticize a guy when he scores 90, criticize him for playing, criticize him for not playing, criticize him for speaking, criticize him for breathing, criticize him for just existing.

😞

I am rarely wrong.

I called out Inzamam’s poor captaincy

I called out Shoaib Malik’s politicking, and bits n pieces mediocrity when he was the darling of the team.

I called out Razzi’s laziness with the ball.

I called out Misbah’s defensive, selfish approach back

I’ve been calling out Rizwan’s selfishness and political play. Sooner or later it will come to pass, but no one will listen.

Lame statements by Rizwan. He should accept his flaws and work on it rather than blaming others, no matter how poor are they.

Blame the one guy who’s scoring runs in all formats.. have Ayub Ifty azam & co gone on a holiday.

At least in the 90s when Pak lost you knew they took a bung or two. This team is beyond hopeless.
His performance and his press conference are two different things.

Even Roy Keane was thrown out of Man Utd by the great Sir Alex for speaking out of turn in an interview.

This is the Pakistan team, not Rizwan's personal fiefdom.

Unfortunately guys like Rizwan have accepted that they are losers so will happily stat pad while the team crashes and burns.

Looks like we're all getting desensitised to all these beatings because its easier to accept mediocrity than do something about it. Rizwan is just symptomatic of that.

Its not his fault alone though, the entire team is full of losers that can only talk big.

Excellent presser! Guy has the guts to tell it as it rather than beat around the bush. Incoming captain for sure

good presser,

But as usual, a few particular posters will take things out of context

Excellent presser! Guy has the guts to tell it as it rather than beat around the bush. Incoming captain for sure
But he isn’t telling it as it is.

Telling it as it is means that he should say, “people are desperate to see me removed as an opener because they don’t think I belong in this position”

Not “people of Pakistan love me and Babar opening”.

He may not have articulated his words too well but there is nothing wrong with a presser. I don't know why we are always complaining.

But he isn’t telling it as it is.

Telling it as it is means that he should say, “people are desperate to see me removed as an opener because they don’t think I belong in this position”

Not “people of Pakistan love me and Babar opening”.

Nah... he simply owns any position he's sent at. The people know his worth

He didn't throw the blame. If you observed Iftikhar's innings there was no intent. He wanted to take singles and couldn't even do that at a run a ball.
He is trying to cover Ifthis poor show in this series to say that he is a valuable member of the team that I would listen to.

Ifthikar is running on this fellows quota and the Peshawari quota that Rizwan brings in , Khusdil shah the whole nation called him parchi and threw him out. Ifthikar still holding on

He is trying to cover Ifthis poor show in this series to say that he is a valuable member of the team that I would listen to.

Ifthikar is running on this fellows quota and the Peshawari quota that Rizwan brings in , Khusdil shah the whole nation called him parchi and threw him out. Ifthikar still holding on
Iftikhar, Khushdil, Rizwan

KPK shield

How far have we fallen? Such a average and timid player giving statements like he is some big player. Some one show him the record in big icc WT20 games when Babar and himself openend the innings.

Also he plays 20 overs and still cant get a 100. Happened quite a few times.

How far have we fallen? Such a average and timid player giving statements like he is some big player. Some one show him the record in big icc WT20 games when Babar and himself openend the innings.

Fallen from what?

You guys will always find faults: he bats at 140+ strike rate ...people are still not happy.

Babar has been batting at 160 plus over the 4 games, again, clueless posters.

If I can remember, there are 11 players not 2.

Some people will here find failts with Babar and Rizwan, even if West Indies were paying Sri Lanka.

The signs of true haters - criticize a guy when he fails, criticize a guy when he scores 90, criticize him for playing, criticize him for not playing, criticize him for speaking, criticize him for breathing, criticize him for just existing.

Our fanbase is extremely toxic. Its good that we don't win and for these lot to continue crying

I am rarely wrong.

I called out Inzamam’s poor captaincy

I called out Shoaib Malik’s politicking, and bits n pieces mediocrity when he was the darling of the team.

I called out Razzi’s laziness with the ball.

I called out Misbah’s defensive, selfish approach back

I’ve been calling out Rizwan’s selfishness and political play. Sooner or later it will come to pass, but no one will listen.
i agree and was also calling out this for the longest time, but besdes the last over yesterday I dont think Rizwan was playing selfish. Some skillful bowling and not the easiest of conditions and his strike rate was higher than Phillips. Rizwan I have criticized before in T20s regarding his and Babars approach even in small ground and flat wkts they were hogging up 14 overs together without taking risks and boosting their averages yes we won matches too but lost a lot too because of their approach

Fallen from what?
From the likes of Miandad, Imran Khan, Shoaib Akhtar, Saeed Anwar and many more to this. Rizwan acts all the time, so aware of what to do and how to do it. Overhyped. Busy with so much except to actually make the team better.

Rizwan should not be doing pressers.

Not the first time he has spoken out of turn.
He just exposed himself today for the conniving politician he is. People have often spoken in hushed tones about Rizwan's exploitation of religion to gain fanbase as well as pulling strings at the back to sow the seeds of grouping in the team. Babar lost his captaincy after he did not back down from supporting Rizwan's number 4 position in ODIs (which Rizwan openly talked about wanting to have in a presser, surprise surprise!) and opening in t20I with Rizwan. Rizwan also tried to build equality between him and Babar by making the physics chemistry same same remark in ANOTHER presser.

It has also been heard through the grapevine that Rizwan forced his way to opening slot in the current series as well and has used his influence with Shahid Afridi and his grouping allegiance with Shaheen to his advantage again. Shaheen will also have to pay the price for this eventually.

At the end, Rizwan is going to become captain, this is his ultimate goal. Hes extremely cunning and playing this as a long term game.

I am making this prediction. I have been observing this guy since worldcup. He is the real cancer of Pakistan cricket, he is creating the rot and i dont see anyone having the will to remove him.

good presser,

But as usual, a few particular posters will take things out of context
I'm not a Rizwan basher. He's played more impactful knocks than Babar in the last couple of years, and batted excellently in Australia. However I don't see what's taken out of context - a Pakistani vice-captain is talking out of both sides of his mouth by pretending to support the team management while throwing them under the bus in reality.

Imagine if England's VC, Ollie Pope, after going 0-2 down in the Ashes last summer publicly remarked "the people of England are asking why are we playing like this ? You can see this Bazball style of play has caused some damage."

Given Rizwan's self-trumpeting that he's a selfless team player - he surely understands the basic principle that you can argue like hell privately over tactics and selections but once management reach a decision it should be backed publicly 100% - least of all by your vice-captain !

You certainly don't take these unsubtle digs and distance yourself in hindsight. And Rizwan has form of talking out of turn. Last year he said the following about his ODI batting position:

"If I am being honest, I am not happy to bat at the number 5 position because I would like to play at the number 4 position, but this is not an important that whatever I want is given to me; Whatever the captain and coach see as important will happen"

"This is my personal wish that my personal wish that I play in the 4th position and I am not happy that I play in the number 5 position; You may all have stats in your mind which could be different, but I am not looking at all that"

"I have not complained to anyone about this because we are doing what the captain and coach desire"

"There will be many examples where things are not happening as per a player point of view, because the thinking of the captain and coach is different"

"Alhamdolillah I have been making such sacrifices for a long time - 15 to 16 years - and have not complained to anyone - I am following whatever the captain and coach are saying"

He just exposed himself today for the conniving politician he is. People have often spoken in hushed tones about Rizwan's exploitation of religion to gain fanbase as well as pulling strings at the back to sow the seeds of grouping in the team. Babar lost his captaincy after he did not back down from supporting Rizwan's number 4 position in ODIs (which Rizwan openly talked about wanting to have in a presser, surprise surprise!) and opening in t20I with Rizwan. Rizwan also tried to build equality between him and Babar by making the physics chemistry same same remark in ANOTHER presser.

It has also been heard through the grapevine that Rizwan forced his way to opening slot in the current series as well and has used his influence with Shahid Afridi and his grouping allegiance with Shaheen to his advantage again. Shaheen will also have to pay the price for this eventually.

At the end, Rizwan is going to become captain, this is his ultimate goal. Hes extremely cunning and playing this as a long term game.

I am making this prediction. I have been observing this guy since worldcup. He is the real cancer of Pakistan cricket, he is creating the rot and i dont see anyone having the will to remove him.

You’ve been noticing since the World Cup? I saw this the day this man was given preference in 2019 and the way it was done. Your 3 years late. And it’s too late now.

Last edited by a moderator:
I can never take Rizwan seriously.

Talented guy but too much of an attention seeker.

Rizwan isn’t a team man it’s clearly been seen .
Arrogant personality who can’t sacrifice his position if team asks for it.
Openly saying the combination has hurt Pakistan . What message does this give to young players ? Shadab gave a similar sort of interview when Pakistan lost to Afghanistan trying new players. And we saw what your so called heroes did vs Afghanistan in WC . This is definitely not healthy for upcoming players .

So Rizwan is saying that breaking his and Babar's opening duo is the main reason for Pakistan to lose these matches. This is not sensible stuff to say tbh. He should have backed saim as an opener here and should be willing to accept the change in his batting order as well. But as usual, this and that stuff.

You’ve been noticing since the World Cup? I saw this the day this man was given preference in 2019 and the way it was done. Your 3 years late. And it’s too late now.
I think your backing of players like Faheem, Sarfraz, Asif Ali, Sharjeel has always diminished your other opinions. Also, during that time Rizwan and co. had not gone fully political. This is just next level.

I think your backing of players like Faheem, Sarfraz, Asif Ali, Sharjeel has always diminished your other opinions. Also, during that time Rizwan and co. had not gone fully political. This is just next level.
Backing of players who I feel are correct should not have any bearing on my ability to see who actually represents what politically. Anyhow, nothing can change the past.

I’ll give you another insight into how my mind works. Let me tell you also, Haseebullah is of a similar political backing. He isn’t in the team or carried around on the basis of merit. You heard this from me now, wait 10 years to see how I was correct.

Thread is not about what one poster thinks etc.

Let's stay on topic.

So Rizwan is saying that breaking his and Babar's opening duo is the main reason for Pakistan to lose these matches. This is not sensible stuff to say tbh. He should have backed saim as an opener here and should be willing to accept the change in his batting order as well. But as usual, this and that stuff.
So called team man . Imagine what Saim and other new players must be thinking after knowing this . Talk about making new players uncomfortable.

So called team man . Imagine what Saim and other new players must be thinking after knowing this . Talk about making new players uncomfortable.

He praised Saim to high heavens in his presser.

But isn’t that contradicting what he also said about “breaking the awaam’s favourite pair” and how it will have negative effects?

So I’m not sure if his praise of Saim is genuine. I’m not sure what he truly believes and what he doesn’t. I’m not sure he is honest in anything he just said.

But isn’t that contradicting what he also said about “breaking the awaam’s favourite pair” and how it will have negative effects?

So I’m not sure if his praise of Saim is genuine. I’m not sure what he truly believes and what he doesn’t. I’m not sure he is honest in anything he just said.

Bro you seem to be able to look into people's hearts with great ease.

Special gift, Ilm-al-Gaib?

We have no idea what the relationship is between the players.

😞
Could not had put it better myself, these guys are posting 1000 posts to try to bring down the only two performing batsmen in the team,. Most of their suggestion have been tried and flopped yet instead of licking their woulds in a corner they keep coming for more.

No he just covered it and obviously he had to fake it . He clearly mentioned that it HURT Pakistan( what does that imply you bought a new player and it disturbed our combination)Any sane man will understand what he means but if delusional fans want to brush it off let them be .

Did he face full 20 overs?

Bro you seem to be able to look into people's hearts with great ease.

Special gift, Ilm-al-Gaib?

We have no idea what the relationship is between the players.
Tbh it’s not very difficult to understand some individuals that show all the signs of what they truly are from the inside. It’s just life. It’s just experience.

I base my understanding of this situation on the following:

-Rizwan is an opportunist. He waited for the right opportunity and platform to voice his opinion.
+the opportunity presented itself to him when he scored runs in a dead rubber, whilst Saim Ayub has had his 4th string of low scores, Fakhar Zaman failed to create an impact and Sahibzada Farhan had a forgettable first outing. So all of his competition failed to contribute whilst he did contribute, but effectively his contribution was also worthless.

-Rizwan knows who to address when taking his opportunity. By using words such as ‘awaam’, Rizwan knows that there is a contingent of people who will glorify everything he does or says. For instance, we do not need to look outside of this forum: there are people who just wanted Rizwan to score more than 8 runs in the Boxing Day Test to argue that he is a better keeper/batsman option than Sarfaraz, who managed 7 runs in Gabba. Hence, scoring 90 runs after three low scores (in which Pakistan lost the series and every match was important) is a gigantic contribution for his die hard supporters and will amplify the agenda that he wants to be driven through them.

*these views of Rizwan were not expressed by him before the 3 matches or once during them.

From the likes of Miandad, Imran Khan, Shoaib Akhtar, Saeed Anwar and many more to this. Rizwan acts all the time, so aware of what to do and how to do it. Overhyped. Busy with so much except to actually make the team better.

He'll go down as Pakistan's greatest ever wicket keeper and is in the same league as the characters you named. Like them, he's earned his right to express him self on or off the field.

Anyways I don't think he's said anything too controversial, just spoke his mind about some of the obvious things happening in the team.

Tbh it’s not very difficult to understand some individuals that show all the signs of what they truly are from the inside. It’s just life. It’s just experience.

I base my understanding of this situation on the following:

-Rizwan is an opportunist. He waited for the right opportunity and platform to voice his opinion.
+the opportunity presented itself to him when he scored runs in a dead rubber, whilst Saim Ayub has had his 4th string of low scores, Fakhar Zaman failed to create an impact and Sahibzada Farhan had a forgettable first outing. So all of his competition failed to contribute whilst he did contribute, but effectively his contribution was also worthless.

-Rizwan knows who to address when taking his opportunity. By using words such as ‘awaam’, Rizwan knows that there is a contingent of people who will glorify everything he does or says. For instance, we do not need to look outside of this forum: there are people who just wanted Rizwan to score more than 8 runs in the Boxing Day Test to argue that he is a better keeper/batsman option than Sarfaraz, who managed 7 runs in Gabba. Hence, scoring 90 runs after three low scores (in which Pakistan lost the series and every match was important) is a gigantic contribution for his die hard supporters and will amplify the agenda that he wants to be driven through them.

*these views of Rizwan were not expressed by him before the 3 matches or once during them.

Similar from Salman Butt in an interview:

"I watched Rizwan’s press conference, and I could not understand if he was conducting a team press conference or running an election campaign for someone.

"He spoke about terms like 'the public's favourite opening pair', 'our was split', along with this he was also saying that he’s thinking positively and that he’s told he is the best player.

"We are also saying that you are our best player, there is no doubt about it, but if you (Rizwan) are the best player then you should let the youngsters play where their skills will be tested. Why was Sahibzada Farhan playing in the low order? The best players - Babar scored runs in the previous 3 matches and Rizwan scored 90 runs today [4th T20I] which was a decent knock, - but those knocks didn’t let the youngster be tested as Farhan still played at number 4 or 5 which was the middle order, and that is not his place in the batting order."

"Then we have this reference to 'public's preference'. What is he trying to achieve, what is is this 'public's preference' mean? This is a place for performers, and we know you are the best player, so what is this talk about the public? This is a professional field and about international athletes."

"If every decision would have been based on public opinion, then Hardik Pandya would have never become captain of Mumbai Indians. They lost about a million followers because of this decision, but they still took the decision for future. Professional organisations do not care about public preference, and the fact is that the public likes it when they see results and you winning matches for them."

"He should have talked about his own performance and strategy, instead he chose to speak about stuff which is irrelevant to the press conference."

"I have never heard in my life a player talk about what the public prefers. This speech is more suitable for the upcoming elections in Pakistan, which is understandable because public is going to vote there."

Backing of players who I feel are correct should not have any bearing on my ability to see who actually represents what politically. Anyhow, nothing can change the past.

I’ll give you another insight into how my mind works. Let me tell you also, Haseebullah is of a similar political backing. He isn’t in the team or carried around on the basis of merit. You heard this from me now, wait 10 years to see how I was correct.
Balochis dont have political backing in Pakistan......

Similar from Salman Butt in an interview:

"I watched Rizwan’s press conference, and I could not understand if he was conducting a team press conference or running an election campaign for someone.

"He spoke about terms like 'the public's favourite opening pair', 'our was split', along with this he was also saying that he’s thinking positively and that he’s told he is the best player.

"We are also saying that you are our best player, there is no doubt about it, but if you (Rizwan) are the best player then you should let the youngsters play where their skills will be tested. Why was Sahibzada Farhan playing in the low order? The best players - Babar scored runs in the previous 3 matches and Rizwan scored 90 runs today [4th T20I] which was a decent knock, - but those knocks didn’t let the youngster be tested as Farhan still played at number 4 or 5 which was the middle order, and that is not his place in the batting order."

"Then we have this reference to 'public's preference'. What is he trying to achieve, what is is this 'public's preference' mean? This is a place for performers, and we know you are the best player, so what is this talk about the public? This is a professional field and about international athletes."

"If every decision would have been based on public opinion, then Hardik Pandya would have never become captain of Mumbai Indians. They lost about a million followers because of this decision, but they still took the decision for future. Professional organisations do not care about public preference, and the fact is that the public likes it when they see results and you winning matches for them."

"He should have talked about his own performance and strategy, instead he chose to speak about stuff which is irrelevant to the press conference."

"I have never heard in my life a player talk about what the public prefers. This speech is more suitable for the upcoming elections in Pakistan, which is understandable because public is going to vote there."

Salman Butt and M. Amir are always on the wrong side. These 2 have become very toxic for PCT, always taking a dig at seniors. Even after bringing so much shame to Pakistan, they still feel entitled to open their mouth on cricketing matters.

At one point he admits Rizwan is the best. Oh bhai if he's the best then wth are we experimenting for. This is exactly what Rizwan is saying. We are trying to fix something that wasn't broken

Salman Butt and M. Amir are always on the wrong side. These 2 have become very toxic for PCT, always taking a dig at seniors. Even after bringing so much shame to Pakistan, they still feel entitled to open their mouth on cricketing matters.

At one point he admits Rizwan is the best. Oh bhai if he's the best then wth are we experimenting for. This is exactly what Rizwan is saying. We are trying to fix something that wasn't broken

Think people are just shocked by the type of language Rizwan used - 'public' etc - just seems odd.

By all means comment about your performance but this is not the way to speak.

Because everyone knows this isn’t the truth and they need to find a solution to the problem

Who (besides me) in world cricket will openly condemn Mohammad Rizwan as being the biggest problem in this team?

Because everyone knows this isn’t the truth and they need to find a solution to the problem

Who (besides me) in world cricket will openly condemn Mohammad Rizwan as being the biggest problem in this team?

Your case is different. Tera level hi hor hai bro

The obvious though is that Rizwan and Babar are the least of worries in this team. There are so many other problems that need to be fixed and those should take priority.

That makes sense. And it's the complete opposite case for M Haris. Somehow he was dropped and Haseebullah was selected for a mysterious reason. Why does Haris need rest when Babar, Rizwan, and Shaheen can play every series for 4 years straight and rarely get rest? The agenda against Haris and the backing of Haseebullah are extremely suspicious and needs to be investigated but no-one can unfortunately.

Balochis dont have political backing in Pakistan......
Apparently it's Karachi players vs all other Pakistan. That's the propaganda that's been fed for decades and now all the kids think if it's been said for so long, it must be true.

Apparently it's Karachi players vs all other Pakistan. That's the propaganda that's been fed for decades and now all the kids think if it's been said for so long, it must be true.
true, and its usually spread by those that dont know the ground realities

true, and its usually spread by those that dont know the ground realities
It's already spread. Now we just have a generation that thinks it's one city vs the whole Pakistan. Balochistan, North KPK, GB and part of Sindh are a lot more neglected in terms of facilities and infrastructure compared to Karachi.

This hatred for Rizwan has gone too far.

Is he the most articulate speaker in the side? - Absolutely not!

Is he the biggest problem in Pakistan cricket? - Absolutely not!

Does he play the religious card? - Which player in the side since Inzy does not?

Does he have ulterior power hunger motives and wants to become Pakistan skipper? - Well, what would it get him? Does captaincy in Pakistan cricket guarantee you happiness? I think with all the merry-go-rounds that are routine in Pakistan cricket, it's obvious to everyone that there is no job security in any leadership position. There is no fame, no glory. And for all those Rizwan-haters out there who think he is so conniving, don't you think he already knows this?

Why do you have to assume the worst in the one player who's actually performing?

Maybe the haters are baiters.

We have far more pressing matters in Pakistan cricket than getting distracted by a player who struggles to score hundreds in T20 cricket / can't score consistently at 140 SR / speaks with a heavy Pashtu accent / is not polished in press interviews.

Let's not get distracted by that and focus on the real issues, which are 1) the exodus of established talent in the country and 2) the nurturing of emerging talent.

1. How do you prevent talented seniors from retiring early and not sharing their experience and skills with upcoming youngsters in the country?
  2. How do you bring back A tours and build bench the way India has?

There is nothing toxic in what Butt said and even what Amir said. Rizwan’s cunning nature is fully exposed and i love that people are seeing that as well now.

There is nothing toxic in what Butt said and even what Amir said. Rizwan’s cunning nature is fully exposed and i love that people are seeing that as well now.

Rizwan is influential, no doubt about that. When there's a lack of leadership due to constant chopping and changing at all levels then we must appreciate the players that step up and show natural leadership qualities. Rizwan is a leader and qudos to him for supporting Babar this far. However he needs to take over the helm now. The Afridi experiment won't work

Back