Younis Khan never nervous in the 90s?

WebGuru

Senior ODI Player
Runs
Post of the Week
He got 23 Test centuries but dismissed in 90s only once in his entire career and that was back in 2001 when he got out at 91 against New Zealand.

vhfu.png

Because the guy simply doesn't play for records.

He always thinks about the team first.

Simply a legend for Pak.

What a selfless player. Legend ! Any chance to check if it a unique thing for players with 20+ centuries ?

He is smart. When a century is on he takes singles to get it. Its a remarkable approach lost on many players ( especially our youngsters). This is why he can score big and score easily. No pressure means easily pick gaps to reach a hundred. Goes to show you the mental prowess of a player.

He is smart. When a century is on he takes singles to get it. Its a remarkable approach lost on many players ( especially our youngsters). This is why he can score big and score easily. No pressure means easily pick gaps to reach a hundred. Goes to show you the mental prowess of a player.

Ironically this is the reason why Younis should have flourished in ODIs. He has all the ingredients, he's got shots all round the wicket, hits big, runs hard and is very fit.

OO out for 199 and 194 that must suck, but seriously i think by the time he is done top 5 bat of all time for Pak. (Test ONLY)

Which considering the amount of seriously good batsmen we have ahd says something. Since Inzie and Moyo he has been the backbone of that test batting line up

Last edited:

This why his average ODI career will remain a mystery. Masterful test batsman but inexplicably couldn't replicate his skills in LOIs.

Ironically this is the reason why Younis should have flourished in ODIs. He has all the ingredients, he's got shots all round the wicket, hits big, runs hard and is very fit.

This why his average ODI career will remain a mystery. Masterful test batsman but inexplicably couldn't replicate his skills in LOIs.

I agree.Its mind boggling why he couldnt replicate it in ODI. One of crickets top mysteries.

OO out for 199 and 194 that must suck, but seriously i think by the time he is done top 5 bat of all time for Pak. (Test ONLY)
Both were run outs IIRC.

Which considering the amount of seriously good batsmen we have ahd says something. Since Inzie and Moyo he has been the backbone of that test batting line up
Top 2 easily, alongside Miandad.

You can't tell if he is, he chews away whilst smiling so you can't tell if he is or not.

Both were run outs IIRC.

The 199 he was run out courtesy :afridi.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/HS6ZHBUtsLs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

194 was LBW.

I clearly remember that 199 run out in 2006 against India. That was really heartbreaking stuff :(

Is Younis Pakistan's best batsman against India? I know Zaheer Abbas had a great record as well, in fact both racked up a lot of runs in tests and ODIs!

Got to be looking at another 200+ score now for Younis.

Is Younis Pakistan's best batsman against India? I know Zaheer Abbas had a great record as well, in fact both racked up a lot of runs in tests and ODIs!

Got to be looking at another 200+ score now for Younis.

Pak batsmen with +1000 Test runs against India

pakindiabat.png

Pak batsmen with +1000 Test runs against India

Combine it to all formats and you will see Miandad and Inzi are the two batsmen from Pakistan with 3000+ international runs against India.

ex0e.png

More than as a player, he's such a nice and humble person. It's that's why I've always adored him and has always had high regards for him. Pakistan will miss him big time in Test cricket when he decides to hang up his boots.

Shows his class. Also shows he doesnt care about milestones and cares for the team

Inzi, Younis and Moyo in line up same time, that was golden period for Pakistan batting.

I just notice that YK did not have score 100 against Australia. Does anyone know when is series against Australia? i heard this year we are playing Australia in UAE? i hope he score 100 against Australia.

I just notice that YK did not have score 100 against Australia. Does anyone know when is series against Australia? i heard this year we are playing Australia in UAE? i hope he score 100 against Australia.

He should show his class and see of the likes of johnson, harris and siddle etc

Only because he hasnt played them in tests since 2005 and only 5 in total - before he became a top class test bat

im sure someone of his class would score well against the aussies just like he has against all others if pakistan plays them again before he retires, its a pity that pakistan has played the aussies few and far between over the last decade in tests and odis

24 Test centuries and dismissed in 90s only once...

He is just too good once he faces 50-60 deliveries. I believe he'd have scored 35+ tons by now had he been a better starter.

All over the place for his first half century and today was no different. Restless and confused. If he survives that period, he generally goes on to score a big one.

Obviously. Misbah is not a role model for any young batsman.

Pakistan powerhouse has already scored 50% of the runs today tells you how important Younis Khan is.
But very interesting stats, to bad he could't have 2 more double tons on his name.

He is looking soo good that i might just back a double here.

Thinking the same if Asad sticks longer, Younis seems to been inform play out the overs today, start a fresh day with another ton :)

Pakistan powerhouse has already scored 50% of the runs today tells you how important Younis Khan is.
But very interesting stats, to bad he could't have 2 more double tons on his name.

blame afridi for running him out all those years ago

Already in the top 2 in tests, alongside Miandad. Big question now is whether he can get to the top by the time he retires.

Only quality he's got is to convert his 90's into 100's on consistent bases

He has a golden opportunity to get a double , if he bats till lunch.

This would help him get close to 8 K run mark

That's coz he knows how to play under pressure.

He also never asks for a nightwatchman. Always comes in when he is supposed to bat. How many players do that?

Such a shame that he fell away so badly in ODIs.
Legendary Test batsman though.

25 Test centuries now and only got dismissed in 90s once!

Mission Accomplished !!

Only those with worldly records in their mind get out in 90s. #IfYouKnowWhatImean ;-)

beats in 90,s. Last time he got it was 94 i think in 2001 against NZ and that was the only time.

Nah Javed has that honor
May not hold on to it for long in tests if YK keeps going like has for the last few years. Pretty even at the moment and when rating players, YK falls victim to the 'better back in the day' complex(a'la Steyn being rated below Wasim despite being a superior bowler because all we have of Wasim are nostalgia tinted memories while his failings are forgotten).

and bettered. Top Player. Its really a shame that he/management couldnt transform him in to a good/great ODI batsman.

Didn't get to play 10 or 11 test matches when :moyo was captaining.
He was also in form back then. (Practically been in form in tests since 2005)
Gun player.

I remember the run out at 199 versus us (India) . Afridi was the culprit, but YK, being the legend that he is, didn't even stare back or yell at Afridi even for once.
Harsha Bhogle was commentating and said what a gentleman Yk is, had he yelled at Afridi he might have been under pressure but he just sprinted back to the pavillion, smiling. Not making a fuss. Not gutted.

Afridi went on to plunder 24 runs in a Bhajji over later that day.

Yeah he will always regret those missed 10+ games/800 runs/3 tons. In that scenario few runs away from Miandad's tally and cruising to a great landmark of being first Pakistani to have 10000 runs and 30+ centuries in upcoming 2 years.

YK is unlucky. In 2008 during his peak Pakistan played no Test Cricket. That is 7-8 Tests right there and at that time YK could have easily got 800-1000 runs. And the stupid ban in 2009-2010 cost him 12 games which could have been another 1000 runs. He would have been on 9.5 K by now and maybe 31-32 Tons.

May not hold on to it for long in tests if YK keeps going like has for the last few years. Pretty even at the moment and when rating players, YK falls victim to the 'better back in the day' complex(a'la Steyn being rated below Wasim despite being a superior bowler because all we have of Wasim are nostalgia tinted memories while his failings are forgotten).

Wasim was not even the best bowler in his team. He is massive overrated mainly thanks to Indian who are the majority in cricket followers.

Didn't get to play 10 or 11 test matches when :moyo was captaining.
He was also in form back then. (Practically been in form in tests since 2005)
Gun player.

I remember the run out at 199 versus us (India) . Afridi was the culprit, but YK, being the legend that he is, didn't even stare back or yell at Afridi even for once.
Harsha Bhogle was commentating and said what a gentleman Yk is, had he yelled at Afridi he might have been under pressure but he just sprinted back to the pavillion, smiling. Not making a fuss. Not gutted.

Afridi went on to plunder 24 runs in a Bhajji over later that day.

Your refusal to play us robbed him of half dozen centuries.

Just a question.

Why aren't double and triple hundreds counted as separate centuries as well?

Pure class confident honest hard worker an absolute rarity in this day and age. This doesn't mean he can play ODIS I think he shouldn't look to play them either. Test genius

Top batting as usual. Even that test where he got 91, he still went on to score a 150+ in the same test.

Superb.

YK has proved to all that he is in different class to all other Pakistani batsman, when he pass's 50 he makes sure opposition pay a very heavy & telling price.
Under Misbah he is flourishing just like before When moyo & inzi were part of the batting line up.[emoji108]

It looks like he is not going to get out in 90s anytime soon ;) Converting 90s into 100s 30 out of 31 times is amazing.

He is nervous but unlike most that go defensive and take so many balls from 90-100 and they usually get out. Where as Yk attacks so is never very long in the 90s. From 90 to 100 he get thru in 15 balls max. Where many that reach 90s take ages to get to hundred.

Last edited:
In 90s again and new ball is going to be available after 1 over so there is a threat...

wow genius toying with board in 90s :yk :)) only yk can do this in a test inning with a score of 90s lol

Back